Googletreasurechest.commisrepresentation of products & hidden monthly charges

Last 3/25/09 I stumble this website #1and tonight website#2 a very similar website pay attention to last words after ==thats the only difference and the rest of site are completely the same. Both of this site charges $1.97 and I was able to copy their 'hidden monthly charges as follow:

Note: I file a complain to BBB and found their real company address which totaly different from their online advertisement here is the complete address from BBB Sandy, UT, YES! this is from Utah not WY in fact the zipcode they put doesnt even exist at BBB, anyway here is the address 837 East 0400 South #233 PMB Sandy, UT 84094

Please check this website, a BBB report about this company, you may file your complain in this BBB location (where this company is located) it may takes few weeks to hear from BBB but it worth it I have done this to many 'work at home' scheme and I got an answer and refund. Right now Googletreasurechest hasnt charge my account as yet but I already sent a complain to BBB in case they try to charge my Credit card. Anyway I hope this link will help you guys.

Shipping & Other Fees
Upon submitting a request for Membership, a Member ID and Password are assigned to you and can be used to gain access to googletreasurechest.com. The initial shipping and handling charge of one dollars and ninety seven cents, includes the google treasure chest kit as well as seven days worth of access to the online directories and training. After seven days, if you choose not to cancel, you will be billed your first monthly membership fee of seventy two dollars and twenty one cents for the membership fee for the googletreasurechest.com membership. Membership fees will be charged to the credit card used by you to complete the transaction. You have also unlocked a fourteen-day trial and twenty one-day trial to the Fraud SafeLockID and GrantSpring for just $19.95 and $14.95 a month thereafter (shows as "SafeLockID" and "GrantSpring") should you choose not to cancel. Prior charges for all programs are non-refundable but bonus subscriptions can be cancelled and future charges stopped at any time by calling toll-free 866.951.1406 Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm. All offers come with a monthly newsletter.
If you choose to sign up for this product and pay the recurring monthly charges using a debit card you hereby provide pre-authorization and consent that googletreasurechest.com may charge seventy two dollars and twenty one cents on a monthly basis. You may stop payment on any pre-authorized charge by notifying googletreasurechest.com at least three business days prior to the scheduled charge date. You agree your pre-authorization and written consent to charge your debit card is given in electronic form by submitting the request for the membership, and that an electronic signature is sufficient to authenticate your authorization to charge the debit card. You further agree that these terms and conditions shall be your copy of your pre-authorization for the debit card.
Upon completion of the order form, should your credit card be declined, we may, at our option continue to try to authorize your purchase on future dates. Your acceptance of these terms indicates your additional acceptance that should your purchase of either the shipping for your free kit, or your monthly membership fee eventually approve, you will accept and approve those charges to your method of payment.

#1. https://www.securecartcenter.com/NzU5M3wxODIyfDI2NzQ4M3x2Mg==/rxfum4b9/g
[This site shows a man from Portland, OR showing how happy and great this website, he also have separate website http://www.RobertsCashBlog.com]

2. https://www.securecartcenter.com/NzU5M3wxODIyfDI2NzQ4M3x2Mg==/zhfum4b9/g
[This site shows a man from Eugen, OR showing how he finally able to get married by making money thru this website.

• In
    Informed Guy Apr 17, 2009

You should note that the first page uses simple html code to base the city in which he made his great discovery close to home. For me it was Auberry, CA. It bases this on your IP address, doing a reverse lookup.

But seriously, anyone stupid enough to sign up for this ### without reading the terms & conditions and realizing the monthly fees involved deserves to lose their money. This scheme is like every other get rich offer advertised on social networking sites. Its stupid people that keep these ads up.

This is not a scam, per se. They are just riding the laws very closely. Its up to the end user to read the terms and conditions before submitting any form, especially when they are giving up their private information! Common Sense Required. Your bank cannot protect you when you didn't even read the fine print.

• Co
    Connie Apr 21, 2009

I received this link: http://www.securecartcenter.com/NzQ5M3wxNjc3fDI3NTk0M3x2Mg==/bxxrm4b9/g for eBay selling tips for $2.97 shipping charges. ?? looks strange to me, like they want credit card information.

• In
    Informed Guy Apr 21, 2009

Yes, they are not telling you everything on the main page. Its just an ad to draw you in. Read the Terms & Conditions. If you sign up for that you are actually signing up for a monthly service that will automatically charge your card $63.78/mo until you cancel. I BS'd my way through the forms and did notice that they fail to print anywhere that "Submitting this form means you agree to the terms & conditions" which means that those terms would not hold up in court and you could potentially get the charges reversed by your bank.

If you are interested in selling tips for ebay, I suggest you check ebay first and stay away from get rich quick offers. Also get into the habit of reading the Terms & Conditions when buying ANYTHING from a non-trusted source. By trusted I mean Amazon.com and the like. Untrusted is something you haven't purchased from before and in most cases never even heard of. Most "scams" out there these days stay well within the laws and rely on consumers to fail to read the terms & conditions when they checkout. Just remember that whenever you install software and click "I Agree" it doesn't matter if you read it or not, but clicked Agree, it is binding in a court of law. Same goes for checking out at an online store. If you have to check a box next to a statement that says something to the effect that you have read the terms & conditions, then you must follow them. Even if you didn't read it!

Connie, although you seem to be asking a question, I must commend you for at least getting suspicious and taking action. You are among us people that are not fooled by such scams.

The only way to stop these people is to not fall for it.

jake Apr 23, 2009

www.securecartcenter.com/NzU5M3wxODIyfDI2NzQ4M3x2Mg==/yvfum4b9/g ____ this is my last link that I have printed after I paid that frickin $1.97 to them from my debit card. And it didn't end up there coz after a week a $72 was charged again in my card. This is not right! Any help please on how to get a refund from this scheme monsters?
    This is my first and my last involvement on this kind of BS here in the google adventisement. Beware everybody!!!

jake of San Bernardino California
    [protected]@hotmail.com

jake Apr 23, 2009

help help

• Ca
    Carl Hendrickson Apr 25, 2009

Never got what I paid for and cannot find even a phone number to contact someone about it

• Co
    Connie Apr 29, 2009

I too agreed to pay $1.97 for INFORMATION about making money by posting ads. What I did NOT agree to was looking at my bank account online and finding a charge for $72.21 from these people. I did NOT authorize this charge. Why, if there are so many complaints about this, aren't they being shut down, investigated and prosecuted? I hate that I will have to probably close the account and open a new one to avoid any more MONTHLY charges I didn't authorize. These people should be [censored]ing SHOT! I hope they all ROT in a prison somewhere and I hope all their cell mates [censored] them in the A*S... like they did to so many others. As you can see I am really P.O.d. All websites should be screened, monitored and licensed by federal and state authorities before they are even ALLOWED to put up a website, no matter WHAT the website is about. What are the BBB's and Attorney Generals doing about this garbage?

Chuck Turner May 09, 2009

Submit your complaints here addressed to the Attorney General's Office:

And a copy to the FTC: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

File a complaint against:
    Google Treasure Chest (Jon Eborn)
    2249 Gambel Oak Dr,
    Sandy, UT 84092
    Phone [protected]
    www.googletreasurechest.com

• Pa
    patrick D May 15, 2009

They ripped meoff as well... I had no idea about the monthly fee.. It was never explained..

Chuck Turner May 15, 2009

By the way - Texas Attorney Genral is doing something about Google Treasure Chest (aka Google Money Tree)
    See: http://consumeraffairs.com/news04/2009/04/tx_googlemoney.html

If enough people report them (it only took 17 people in Texas) then they will investigate and take legal action against the scammers.

• Cr
    Crazy May 19, 2009

I got charged 72.21 with out know nothing. I sign up for CD $1-2 and I never get my CD I find out again when my back account show $72.21 Why? I never get my user ID, and Password and I never get to go in websit to see how it work but I have to pay 72.21 this not right. They should make sure peoples did sign up with they user ID and password afer they send CD out. Should review this business it right to do this.<br />
    <br />
    Who have this problem please help and fill in this compain from below to help out other peoples.<br />
    http://plboards.state.wy.us/dental/PDF/complaint.pdf<br />
    <br />
    If you would like to compain any business please search with <br />
    key word <br />
    State of___________compain business form<br />
    Crazyyy

• Bs
    BSALTS May 20, 2009

ON 04/27/2009 I SIGNED UP WITH THIS GOOGLE TREASURE CHEST FOR $1.97 AND THEY WERE TO SEND ME A CD WITH THE INFO ON HOW TO MAKE SOME EXTRA MONEY AT HOME NO STRINGS ATTACHED. LOW AND BEHOLD ON 05/19/2009 I NOTICED IN MY BANK ACCOUNT THERE WAS $72.21 HAD BEEN PULLED FROM MY ACCOUNT FROM THESE PEOPLE, I NEVER AUTHORIZED THIS WITHDRAWEL. NO WHERE IN THE INFORMATION THAT I FILLED OUT TO RECIEVE THIS CD FOR THIS HOME BUSINESS WAS THERE ANY KIND OF VERBAGE SAYING THAT THIS MONTHLY SERVICE CHARGE WOULD OCCUR. THESE PEOPLE ARE FRAUDULANT AND MISLEADING, THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW OF FALSE ADVERTISMENT.
    I AM SO DISAPPOINTED, JUST ANOTHER SET OF PEOPLE THE WORLD CAN'T TRUST.

Chuck Turner May 20, 2009

Have you lost money in the Google Treasure Chest scam? You should all file a complaint at:

Each one takes only 5 minutes - do one thne copy and paste to the others.

FTC:

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)

With the Attorney General's of your state and of the state where the scam is located:

BBB:

If you don't let the authorities know then you cannot expect them to do anything.
    If they get a large number of complaints about a company they will investigate.

*&%$£&* Scammers!

• Mi
    Michael Moore May 29, 2009

I WAS A VICTEM OF A BAD BUSINESS DEAL WITH GOOGLE, I WOULD LIKE A REFUND.

SINCERELY,

MICHAEL MOORE

christina cesco Jun 10, 2009

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME CALL FOR A REFUND THEY CLAIM THEY SENT A REFUND CHECK ON MAY 6TH THIS IS JUNE 10TH BANK DONT HAVE ANY RECALL OF ONE .AND NOW THERE PHONES ARE DISCONECTED.SOMETHING SHOULD REALLY BE DONE. I WANT MY REFUND .CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO, OR DID ANYONE GET ANT REFUNDS BACK AND IF SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ed
    eddie Jun 11, 2009

i am glad i came to this support site. you have save me a lot of time and headack. i was just about to send my $1.97 in hopes of a way out of a bad situation. thank you very much, it seems you cant trust anyone on the internet.

• De
    Deborah Clark Jun 17, 2009

I saw this advertisement for earning good money working from home with basic typing skills to qualify, so I filled out their form, but before I could get any information about who or what I would be typing for, they wanted all of my credit card information which I refused to give them before they answered my questions; I was about to close out of that website when a live chat box came up, and I thought at least they cared enough to answer my questions, but that chat box only served to tell about some extreme savings on shipping (for God knows what?) only if I took advantage of this offer today, not tomorrow. I proceeded to tell that chat person I would not give out my credit card information without knowing this other information about who and what I would be typing for; and all that chat thing could do was to keep on repeating that same thing, so I highly doubt that was even any type of live chat at all, and that it was fraudulant - they said my complaints were "understandable" but..., still didn't answer my questions and went on again about their extreme shipping discount.
    It appears that nobody is really monitoring this website whatsoever other than taking money from these credit cards; something should be done to stop this from happening. I had somebody like them start taking unauthorized money from my account before and it got me into some very big troubles with bank fees because I am disabled and live on a fixed income; so I only live on a very meager wage - so if there are fees, they could even shut down my account - so I wouldn't any longer have anywhere to cash my check without paying quite a bit of it to the cashier who does.
    Please get on these kinds of people - it's got to stop some where!

DEbCLarK<><

• Ca
    Carolyn Vann Jun 18, 2009

I asked for a refund over a month ago and I still have not got it. I want my refund.

SANDRA MAERTENS Jun 25, 2009

ORDERED A CD TO FIND OUT ABOUT WORKING ONLINE WITH GOOGLE AND ORDERED THE CD FOR UNDER $2.00. THEN WAS CHARGED ANOTHER 72.21 ON MY CREDIT CARD. HELP. HOW CAN I RECOVER THIS STOLEN MONEY?

• Sh
    ShouldKnowBetter Jun 26, 2009

Call and cancel right away. You have 10 days from when you signed up for the free CD. They will keep on charging you if you don't cancel. Watch for two more charges (A1 member - Grants Paying $24.87 and SAFELOCK ID $38.84) I was only able to get my money bak from the grants paying thing. The Phone# for SafelockID Does not work. I cancelled my Credit Card.

Good Luck.

• Aw
    awtz.co Jun 26, 2009

the reason why all of you stupid people got a charge for this is because you people dont look at the terms and condition on this and you people love cheap program that promise you that you will going t earn a lot of money because all of you people complaining about this is stupid

• Pi
    pissed off in RI Jun 30, 2009

I can not believe what a scam these people can get away with. I was also charged $1.97. I called some number, don't even remember what number it was and they told me to send the foolish CD back to them and I would get a refund. RIGHT!!! You never get any refund just more charges to your card. You talk to some foreigner and all they tell you is you cancelled too late. These companies should show a red flag to the credit card and not be allowed to charge without your permission. Maria

• Do
    dontblink Jul 13, 2009

Hello

I am another person that has been conned by these scammers ... I did exactly as the rest.. agreed to $1.97 to find that they had taken a whole bunch more and not once but twice ...
    I see that the site is no longer available - how do we find out if these THIEVES have been CAUGHT!??

FH, Tayside, Scotland.

• Sd
    sdkid May 18, 2011

Saw an ad and like a idiot I clicked on it and ordered a disc. someone called and I thought I had canceled, but I was wrong. SO I am out 72.21.

• Kc
    KC Jun 17, 2011

On the AOL Home Page it says-I lost my job & Im thrilled!.He claims he makes money through links with Google.His ad states he lives in a town right near you. (robert nelson).But my friend lives 100 miles away-and HIS link said the guy lived in HIS town! Research the ad.There are MANY people who have been scammed!