Google Chestfraud

I just checked my acct. to see where we were at and low and behold if there was a charge on there that I had no clue about. Same charge as most of you out there and let me tell you that I have already filed a fraudlent claim and looking into this. People who take from those less fortunate should be taken out back and shot in the head. I feel as though I can't trust anyone anymore and as far as I'm concern google can kiss my ###. I will get my money back. Taking money from me is like taking food out of my kids mouth and let me tell you that GOD himself won't be able to save these people from doing what they are doing. I hope one day that they get what's coming to them.

• Ru
    Ruby May 12, 2009

I recently saw a charge on my back account for $72.21, for some product called "Google Chest" I never authorized this transaction nor do I even know what this is...People please be aware of this scam...and be sure to put your firewall and protect your computer because these people are stealing money from everyone...For instance that could have been my waterbill, and now I have to make a late payment because these ###s...excuse my language are stealing from innocent people...Again BE AWARE of "GOOGLE CHEST"

• Ld
    ldole May 13, 2009

$72.21 was charged to my bank account on 5/11/2017 and it was referenced "Google Chest" . I have not authorized any charge for Google chest in any amount. I do not know what this is.

• Ta
    taralea May 13, 2009

all you guys here need to go look at google treasure chest complaints its the same people just changed the name a little under that tab we have tons of phone numbers and address that they are using they need to be stoped so cheq it out hope it helps you

Anita McCollum May 13, 2009

I saw an unauthorized charge on my checking account and when I called was repeatedly hung up on...

• My
    mybooplays May 15, 2009

they tell you that there is only a 3.00 charge or something then you get charged 72.21 for something else

• Tj
    TJO May 15, 2009

Unautherized Transaction Date: 05/14/2017 Retail Store: GOOGLE CHEST Unautherized Pending Charge: $72.21 I found this charge on my Green Dot Visa Debit Card the next day and sent in a letter as instructed by Green Dot. I did NOT purchase this item. I sent in a letter to Transaction Dispute (Green Dot Corporation) PO Box 1187, Monrovia, CA., 91017 With my name, address, zip code, card number & exp. date. I described the dispute on a copy of the billing transaction statement. Green Dot Customer service [protected] The last time I had a disputed pending charge it was removed and I was credited. I really hope it will be removed again. Google Chest needs to be put out of business for all of these illegal charges they are putting on credit and debit cards which amounts to theft. I wanted to write Google Chest but I have no idea how to contact or call them directly.

David P May 15, 2009

Google just hit my debit account for $72.21. I'm having my bank stop the charge, but does anyone know what number to call to unsubscribe and make sure this doesn't happen again? Thanks!

Jong Pil Kim May 16, 2009

I was recently charged 72.21 from google chest and did not authorize any charge. When I tried to sign up for the $1.97 it told me that I wasnt eligible for the program and I tried 3 or for times to sign up and each time I received the same message. I didn't even know that my card had went through, so I didn't think nothing of it and when I saw the charge on my account, I didn't even know what google chest was until I googled the term and then remembered but like I said they said that I wasn't even eligible so don't understand why I was charged. I would like my money back since . I wouldn't expected this from google. Thanks

• Vi
    Viola C. Butler May 16, 2009

I just checked my Bank account and found an unauthorized charge of $0.58 + $72.21 from Google Chest. Who is Google Chest and what is that money for? This is outright fraud and I will take steps to stop that. Earlier I was charged $1.97 for something I don't know about and when you try to call the phone number given it's either a waiting time of a whole day or it's busy or no answer at all. I just hope there are enough complaints and steps taken so those people will either land in jail or at least have to pay a hefty sum for fraud.

• Dc
    D Crippen May 16, 2009

YEAH I CHECK MY BANK ACCOUNT AND ALSO NOTICED THE SAME CHARGES AND I CALLED THE NUMBER THAT WAS SHOWING NEXT TO THE CHARGE AND THEY SAID THEY WERE CLOSED AND TO CALL BACK DURING THERE REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS. THAT MONEY THERE WAS SUPPOSE TO PAY A COUPLE OF BILLS I STILL HAVE OUT AND IF I GO INTO THE NEGATIVES BECAUSE OF THEM I WILL FORCE THEIR HAND AND MAKE THEM PAY MY BANK CHARGES, WHICH IS $25.00 FOR EVERY DEBIT THAT GOES THROUGH.THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF CAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE OR WHAT ITS EVEN FOR.

Darrick May 16, 2009

after checking my account I notice that there was a negative balance. There was a deduction of $72.31 from an unknown service/user. I did not authorize any users/financial organization etc. any authorization, or access to my personal account, nor did I make any purchase in that amount.

• Ro
    Robert K. Leonard May 17, 2009

I had money in my checking account, I keep track of it by on line banking, and when I checked my account on sunday, 5/17/2017, There had been a deduction for $72.31 by Google Chest. I put a stop/unauthorized charge on the credit/debit card on the next business day.

• Bm
    bmwm5lov May 17, 2009

tried to use my card, but was over drew, by 72.12 idont know who this google chest is but i better get my money back

Chuck Turner May 17, 2009

It's a scam. You need to cancel your bank card asap. Get the bank to do a chargeback on the unauthorised charges.

See this website for more about this scam:

• Te
    Teodoro Correa May 18, 2009

I was overcharged for the produce I intended to get, it was never delivery

Chuck Turner May 18, 2009

Viola, Google Chest is the Google Treasure Chest scam :

• Bo
    Booboo May 19, 2009

Same here ...My acct was charged 72.21 I call and speak with someone I can't understand...She gives me an address and it took ten minutes for me to get it because of her poor communication skills...So beware DON'T listen to that 99 cent verbage...

Daniel Baker May 19, 2009

Same complaint so many others are having; my wife says: There's a charge on Visa of 72.93 for something called Google Chest. I can't get them to answer the 888 area code number. Don't know what this is for. Did you order something?

At kneejerk, I just got the G1 phone, so without thinking, thought that was it. Wrong amount!

Wife says she called the 888 number, got someone in Philipines, they said computers down and went on hold.

I suspect they harvestd, somehow, the visa info using spyware.

Sandra May 20, 2009

The phone # I got through on is [protected], not that they will reverse the charges. I thought Google was a well trusted and respected site. Boy was I wrong when I started receiving overdrawn notices, due to not expecting the charges to be taken oujt of my account

• Rs
    rsvanhelsing7500 May 21, 2009

I thought about trying a google make money kit, which is $2 for shipping and 15 day free trial. The kit takes longer than 15 days to ship and I received no letter or email to log-on to the website. Then I got charged $38.84. I call [protected] and demanded a refund and cancelled the service today. They told me it takes 7-10 days to post the refund depending on the bank. If it works for me, it might help ya'll get your money back. WARNING: DO NOT FALL FOR THE GOOGLE MONEY KIT SCAM.

MARIE May 21, 2009

I HAD AN UNARTHURIZED CHARGE ON MY BANK ACCOUNT FROM GOOGLE CHEST FOR $72.21. I CONTACTED MY BANK TO DISPUTE THE CHARGE AND THEY CONTACTED GOOGLE CHEST. IF YOU NEED THE NUMBER TO GOOGLE CHEST HERE THEY ARE: [protected] AND [protected]. GIVE EM HELL!! I'M FIGHTING BACK AND SO SHOULD EVERYONE ELSE THEY HAVE SCREWED!! GOOD LUCK!

• Cs
    cspeterson May 22, 2009

My bank called me to tell me there is a charge coming thru for $77.21 from a company called Google Chest. Who the hell is this? Don't use your debit cards online. Apparently these are not secure cards like credit cards. Anyone who gets the information can use them. Trying to get my money back is almost impossible

anonymous May 22, 2009

I have just filed a police report regarding an unauthorized charge of $72.21 from my debit card. This company is completely fraudulent. This unauthorized charge is theft and this company will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

• Be
    belinda May 22, 2009

I hear you I am from canada and they took 200.00 from my visa and I called to cancel no one reported that I called and they scammed me out of 200.00 us

We need to find away of getting our money back

Jason May 22, 2009

I had the same exact experience when I purchased the "Google Kit". I purchased the $1.95 kit and never got any kind of confirmation email or anything. Around 25 days later and still no "Google Kit" I checked my account and had a $79 charge, and the $1.95 and still, no kit or info for the "Google Treasure Chest".

This is the point I called my credit card company and said it was an unauthorized charge. They gave me a credit for it and filed a dispute with the merchant. About 3 days later I got the cd in the mail that only plays on computers and the cover of it says that it has 3 programs on the cd. I pop it in and it is 1 audio of a guy talking about how much money that he has made in this new way of affiliate marketing where you pretty much spam people you get on your email list and then recharge the peoples credit card who have made purchases.

I have been in the affiliate marketing business for a year now, so I know enough about the business of what's right or what's wrong. This people is unethical practice of business. Some call it "Renegade Marketing" or "Attraction Marketing", which is when the website try's to hide the charges that you will be billed by giving you a "Free 15 day trial" which you must give your credit card info to access. This is a legal and very profitable way of marketing if you do it properly. The "Google Cash Kit" is not "following the rules" as you would say, by only stating these charges but in their privacy policy and not when you give your credit card info.

• Te
    Teresa May 23, 2009

I did not authorize the charge that was credited to my acount, and I am going to my bank and blocking it from happening againg. This is not right and you will not get any more money from me or anyone eles.

Chuck Turner May 24, 2009

This is the Google Treasure Chest / Google Money Tree scam.

The Attorney General in Texas is investigating this scam, you should contact them and the FTC as soon as possible to report your complaint:

"Texans who believe they have been misled by similar business practices may file complaints with the Office of the Attorney General toll-free at [protected] or file complaints online at www.texasattorneygeneral.gov "
    From: http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagNews/release.php?print=1&id=2940

FTC:

You can read here more about this SCAM:

cheryl May 25, 2009

72.21 us taken out of my account. no authorization. have not purchased anything

• Jk
    JKL May 26, 2009

I was also charged 72.21 by Google, unauthorized. I called the number [protected] and got customer service. I had send for a cd to see how to make money online with them for 19.97 and never received it. They told me I had joined Google Tresure chest when I did this and I advised them that I did not. They canceled the account and gave me an address to Corp office to write and try and get my money back, address is
    Google tresure Chest
    970 W. Broadway St.
    Jackson, WY 83001

• Jt
    JTB May 26, 2009

i agree, and i am an unemployed woman right now. I trusted Google for a lot of things and i thing goggle treasure chest is a BIG SCAM!!! I didnt even get my CD from them when i ordered it. then i called again and then i didnt get that CD. Then i go to pay a bill the other day and there is a charge on my account for 72.21 from google treasure chest and now i am over drawn because of it. I call to get my money back and they tell me to write to the head office because they cannot authorize my refund. I also called my bank and they told me that a whole lot of people have called them about the charge on their account too. I put a complaint in with the FCC, BBB, and the attorney general as well. Google treasure chest is a big NO NO

• Ro
    Rocco09 May 26, 2009

I just received my Visa bill and found an unauthorized amount of $72.71 and the phone number has only a busy tone all day. I am 82 and on Social Security and have now a $35.00 over limit charge ontop of this. Can someone shut that fraudulent business down, , whatever it is. Mrs. Richesin, Norwood, CO 81423

• Lo
    louisville35 May 26, 2009

some how, they got me too!!! I am a single mom of 3, and on disability..now I am over drawn, again..I went through this last month, and for all I know it is the same people..it's 72.21 both times.
    now, I can not even get my kids a soda tomorrow, let alone any gas..we only had 50. left over to last a week..
    who is google chest??? shame on them!

Danna May 27, 2009

I was charged twice by Google Chest this month. One Charge on May 20 and one charge on May 21. Each for $72.31. I had paid $1.99 last month for a make money from home cd called Google Treasure Chest. The address on the CD is in Utah. I called [protected] today, and demanded my $144. 62 back. The woman on the phone agreed to refund one charge back. I should see it credited in my account within 7-10 days. To get a refund on the second charge, I must write tothe "Corporate Office" at 970 W. Broadway suite E347, Jackson Wyoming 83001. I will do that and let you all know if I am successful. Good luck to all

MARIE May 27, 2009

If you don't know who this Google Chest is read on... If you get an email from Google Kit BEWARE!! They offer a special deal for a learning disk for ONLY $1.97, yeh you think it is a good deal but what you don't see is the extremely small print that shows all the extra monthly charges. They got me for $72.21 (which I am fighting) and a week later they got another $24.84 plus fee's. The small print is where you find these monthly reoccuring charges, so please beware and DO NOT ORDER this so called great deal!! Good luck if they got you too!! I got thier number and they haven't heard the last of ME!!

• Be
    Beji May 27, 2009

This is a fake company and they are ripping off pepole. They asked only $ 1.99 for one CD. Once they got your credit card information they are charging you left and right. This is the biggest scam I have ever seen in my life. All the money transaction done in foreign contry and you all can see foreign transaction fees too. I called my bank and cancelled my debit card. Google need to take action for abusing their name. Pls dont buy anything from this guys. You will loose your money.

• Mi
    Minime May 27, 2009

Fell into the 1.97 cent con of the century! They asked me for 1.97 to pay for info on work at home buisness. They sent me a cd that didn't work about 1 week (7 days) after they took my money. Then about 2 weeks later I overdrew my account for a 6 dollar charge.? And wait, whats this, a 72.21 cent charge for something called Google Chest?!!! What in the world is Google Chest, well some cons on the end of Google Treasure Chest lines taking your card info! So i dispute it and cant because the 6 dollars overdrew it not the 72.71??!! So about 2 weeks later i get another overdraft 35.00 for a 3 dollar purchase?? What do you know Google Chest for 32.85!!! So i call all the numbers to all "Chest" companies and they all tell me Im cancelled because of this site I found the right nmber and cancelled instantly!! Guess, , 2 weeks later 73.65 and 140 dollars in overdrafts?!!! I had 6 bucks leave my 6 alone... haha. So i get the banker on the phone with these 3 companies who all say he cancelled last month, > Banker's like "What?" then why did you charge him again yesterday? Ha! Redemption! Thank the lord above for this site, and thank the guy below for ### like these people. On to correct ths 208 dollar problem for the 4 time.. Geez don't fall for this one!

• Gh
    GH GH May 27, 2009

All I ordered was the CD for $1.97. When I got it, it didn't even work. I did scan thru the site real fast but it was a instructions on how to sell on ebay and direct ship from wholesalers. I finally threw the disk away. They have tried to debit my WalMart Money Card but I only put enough on it for my immediate purchases. They have tried to get 72.21 over seven times with them all declined. I will now call debit card company to see if they will refuse to accept them.

I'm sorry that you all lost money that you are having a hard time getting back. I have found that the WalMart Money Card or something similar is the best way to shop online.

• Mi
    missyvon2 May 28, 2009

On 5/22/09 I was charged $.58 and then $72.21 by google chest for I don't know what. Whatever it was I didn't receive it. I called to cancel and to receive a refund of my money. I checked my account this morning and there ar emore charges to my account in the exact same amounts. I called the telephone number and they told me that I was refunded the amount. When I told the woman that I wasn'trefunded the money, that I had been charged a second time she said there is nothing she could do, I will have to write a letter to ...and then gave me an address. I want to talk to a person not write a letter. I want all of this money refunded to my account. It amounts to $145.58. I don't have that kind of money to throw away! I want it back!!! This is a bunch of bull crap. Google Chest is run by a bunch of scam artists!

• Kr
    Krasimira Kalcheva May 28, 2009

I also got scammed for 144.42 and when I called they refused to refund the money even though they have not delivered any type of services that benefit the customer (other than the CD for $1.97)

Chuck Turner May 28, 2009

You should file a complaint at:

FTC:
    Online:
    By phone: # Phone: Call our toll-free helpline: 1-877-FTC-HELP [protected]); TTY: [protected]
    or by mail: Write to:
    Federal Trade Commission
    Consumer Response Center
    600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, DC 20580

FBI: Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)

If you live in the US: with the Attorney General's of your state and of the state where the scam is located [Utah]:

BBB: