Gold's Gym โ€” membership scam!

Sa Oct 09, 2019

What's a good gym in calgary?
Not sure how they did it but apparently I can't leave a review on @golds gym in ne calgary ๐Ÿค” so instead here's my rant on blast that I posted to social media after my calls have been ignored and management told she couldn't do anything..
Huge disappointment when businesses don't stick to their word! Looks like it's time for a new gym. Golds gym wouldn't let the boyfriend and I share a membership even though we are living together so between us we pay approximately $110 a month. For me this includes a bad membership with no perks added for $60 every month and no access to the pool, or classes and for the boyfriend its just under $50 for an all included membership, pool, tanning and all, that he has never once used while i've been around ๐Ÿ˜… oh and because they refuse to let us share an account it means two joining fees and two yearly maintenance fees also affect us.
The best part about all of this is every time i'm in there I see a sign that states "add-ons are only $15!" so why the [censored] am I paying for this [censored] membership๐Ÿ˜… that is clearly lies so don't fall for it or any other gimic they throw at you guys aha..
They have a referral program where you're supposed to get a free month when you bring somebody in or you get a free year when you bring three people in but I had to fight for my free month and didn't receive it until two or three months later and my boyfriend never even recieved his free month after getting me there almost a year ago... Talk about disappointment. Ps a majority of the equipment in the gym is usually broken. Several ladies who work out in the women's area joke around that it's just where the equipment gets stored when it's broken it's so bad back there! ๐Ÿ˜… I will never be suggesting this gym again and I will be taking recommendations on where to take our memberships too! I want half of my money back for the fees I paid all year as I should have been a $15 add on and not forced to do my own membership. I have text messages from management confirming I should have been an add on! If I don't receive my money back i'll have lawyers involved