Gold's Gym — $10 month to month scam
Last week, late November 2009, a flyer was put on my car windshield that advertised a ten dollar a month, month to month membership. It also said that there was no commitment, no gimmicks, no kidding. It also was handwritten in that the last day the special was available was December 1, 2009. The only other information on the flyer was the locations and phone numbers to where this special was being offered. I called one of the locations and asked a few questions and was satisfied that this was something I wanted to do. So on November 30, yesterday, I went in to sign up. After about an hour of my time being wasted, I was told that in order to get the advertised special, it would cost me over two hundred dollars in fees. Nowhere on the flyer was there any indication of any other fees or special stipulations. And the last gyms I was a member of never charged me up front fees so I did not know I was supposed to ask about them as I was later told by an employee who answered the phone there when I called to complain today. Had it been indicated on the flyer that there would be applicable fees and stipulations I never would have gone up there and wasted my time and gas. But as it is, I feel that my time was stolen from me.
More Gold's Gym Complaints & Reviews
- Gold's Gym - membership woes 
- Gold's Gym - how to quit golds gym 
- Gold's Gym - trainer, trains client to cheat on husband 
- Gold's Gym - dangerous daycare 
- Gold's Gym - unethical business practices 
- Gold's Gym - membership transfer
- Gold's Gym - poor services
- Gold's Gym - cancelled membership
- Gold's Gym - they did not give me a guest pass and let me in
- Gold's Gym - how can I transfer my membership to someone?