GoldCar RentalValeting fees

V Jun 12, 2019

When left the car I was told that I had smoked in it because the person saw traces of ashes. I told him that I had my tobacco but didn't smoke and also offered to clean up if there was something that he didn't like. When got back the person checked the car again and I was told that it looks like there were 2 white spots which were ash traces and therefore I'd have to pay the fee. I told him that i didn't smoke in the car and those 2 white spots could be from anything and anywhere and that I cannot be help responsible for something like that. I asked if I can speak to a manager, he said he was the manager. I asked a second person to confirm and he offered to get the Valet person. I asked to go together which he refused. I told home that I had to be certain that he wouldn't bias he person, however he declined and said I'm not getting anyone. I asked one of the drivers of the company that was around to check and confirm if it's ashes. He looked and said it looks like. When I challenged and asked would you sign for that he said I'm not signing anything, I don't know I said it looks like. Continuing my argument with the employee he said that I'm saying it's ashes and it's ashes therefore you will pay £50 this time, earlier he said £100 and I will ban you for renting with us again. I refused to sign any document as I had taken full cover and I knew I hadn't smoked inside. I'm a goldcar member and rented the same car twice over the last 2 weeks. I've used the company in Greece as well and never had issues prior to this horrible customer service. I rent at least once per month and I'm aware of the T&Cs about smoking therefore I never smoke inside the car. I do not want to pay any fees based on a persons perseption that it looked like ashes. The valeting cost is not more than £10 and I felt treat totally unprofessionally. While I was talking to him he went inside his office asking me to leave his premises and that I threatened him because I was pointing my finger to him. I did point the finger and therefore I apologised however I never threatent anyone. I was so pleased with your company until this morning. I urge you to have a look at my case and speak to Gavin from the office at Glasgow airport before I contact my lawyer and have him prosecuted for misconduct and overcharging me.

Kind Regards,