GoldCar RentalDidn’t receive deposit back and overcharged

K Sep 07, 2020

Good morning,

I am emailing in regards to my recent Goldcar experience.
From the 23/07/2020- 13/08/2020 I rented a Goldcar from Malaga airport.
Since and during this date I have been in contact with Goldcar customer services via email, telephone and your website in order to get my deposit back. As well as to explain that I was over charged for super relax insurance.

Firstly I was told at the airport it was compulsory to take out super relax Insurance. However after examining your website and speaking to a gold car representative via telephone on the 24/07/2020 (Paolo), I have been advised that it is not compulsory and a refund should be processed. I later that day sent an email to request a refund and I am yet to receive a reply.
Please note I had a credit card with a £7000 limit on car pick up.

I called again on the 13/08/2020 and spoke to Ivanna who advised me that I should fill out the online form. I have done this three times and I am yet to receive a reply.

I have also not received my deposit back for the car rental. I was assured at the airport I would receive this back within 14 days after the car had been returned.
I called again on the 4/9/2020 to explain this as well as filling out the online form on the 1/9/2020.
When I spoke to a Goldcar representative they informed me that for an unknown reason my contract number number has now also changed and she struggled to find my booking information.
from [protected] to [protected]?
She explained that someone would contact me but I have once again heard nothing from Goldcar.
Please can you explain to me what has happened and refund my deposit and overcharge. It has been longer than 14 days as I was advised by Goldcar.
I have also really struggled to get hold of anyone at Goldcar who can sort this out.
I have also contacted the UK citizens advice bureau as I have now been left with a bill on my credit card to super relax and my deposit which I am unable to afford to pay.

I hope you can assist me further.

Didn’t receive deposit back and overcharged