Godish.comFALSE ADVERTISEMENT CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD

E

These people are complete rip offs. They claim everything is free the representative told me there was going to be a flash charge to my credit card of about 79.99 which would fall off in a couple of days just to make sure my credit card was active so dish network could charge my card every month. Well it never dropped off and when i disputed it they claimed that it was suppose to stay on and that I knew it even though I stressed on the phone with them to make sure it would not be there. They also did the same thing to my father around the same time. They are a complete rip off and Dish Network knows it and refuses to do anything about it.

• Justin B Oct 02, 2009

I see Dish network has nothing to do with this, all godish is a sub-sub contractor, where they take orders, fill them, and is like a huge A/R dept. So I found a mistake on my account, ill be damned godish.com...put me in for 50 buck. I do not agree that I had been informed regarding this, nor do I have paper work regarding this. I am taking this to my local police dept, it's called identity theft, my lawyer is also working on the case! hah im also suing the credit berous for another issue! life sux, but the return will be great, please contact me if you want my lawyer to look into this for you. my e-mail is [email protected] please serious people only. its my university email okay. Justin B.

• Pl
    plaintiffforall Jun 02, 2010

June 2, 2010, Napa, CA - Sounds all too familiar. I recently established Dish satellite service through godish.com over the telephone. The phone order processing time with godish.com was approximately twenty-five minutes. A good portion of the time was attributed from the godish.com representative describing disclosures - about ten all together - each of which were lengthy in detail, spoken fast and considerably convoluted. At one point I requested the representative to stop and repeat a portion of one of the sections - she insisted to allow her to finish with all of the disclosures and we could revisit the question later. I would bet somewhere among the fast talk there was mention of a "fee" but the approach by godish.com is a very well planned and deliberate strategy - inundate the consumer with a barrage of information so that it would be humanly impossible to comprehend the little things they want to slip by the consumer.

Early into the phone order, all relevant information was requested and collected by godish.com. This included my social security number for a credit check - to establish an account with Dish satellite - as well a credit card. The godish.com representative explained that a credit card was needed to establish verification of my identity - another step to establish my account with Dish satellite. At this time there was no mention of any fees or amounts to be charged to the card, simply for identification purposes as Dish would be providing all equipment and installation at their cost. It made sense at the time- if I should default on the account, Dish would have recourse to collect for their equipment and installation costs. Again, no mention of any fees or charges by godish.com. The order was completed and we had an installation date scheduled. So far so good.

A few days had passed from the date we had established the account when I discovered the charge on my credit card activity online. I routinely audit my credit card accounts, debit card accounts and bank accounts. Usually every two or three days. I have outstanding credit and want to keep it that way. I was completely surprised to find a charge for $49.99. I immediately brought my discovery to my husband's attention as he participated in the ordering process with godish.com over a speaker phone. Just like myself, he couldn't recall any reference from the godish.com representative of any charges. He was just as surprised as I was. He concurred with me that the only reason we needed to provide my credit card was to verify my identity as part of establishing the account with Dish satellite. Without any time wasted, we contacted godish.com to explain that we were charged. They claim we were well informed and that it was clearly disclosed during the phone order. They claim to have the "recorded" conversation which includes me agreeing to paying the fee. Neither my husband nor myself were told they would be charging me a $49.99 processing fee. We both are very diligent and thorough when making purchases - especially those involving contractual agreements for payments over a period of time. We argued with the godish.com representative that we simply would have not completed the order if we were aware of the fee, as we would have shopped around more to see if this was a standard practice of other Dish retailers or if it were negotiable.

I am a licensed professional in the medical field, earn a six figure salary, have excellent credit with absolutely no debt. I have better things to do with my time than to contest and pursue collecting back my $49.99 that was taken from me without my authorization. I searched online for others that my have experienced this with godish.com. It wasn't a surprise to me that I easily discovered countless complaints from other individuals against godish.com for the very same thing.

What next? I will provide a thorough explanation of my experience with godish.com. My complaint with supporting evidence of other individuals complaints to the following parties:

Texas Attorney General's Office
    County Sheriff's Office
    City Police Department
    Local Better Business Bureau
    Local Chamber of Commerce
    City Mayor's Office
    Postmaster General
    Commissioner's Office of The FCC

As I mentioned earlier I have better things to do with my time, however I WILL MAKE TIME TO PURSUE HOLDING THOSE THAT MISLEAD, DECEIVED AND DEFRAUDED MYSELF AND OTHERS FULLY ACCOUNTABLE.

comments are welcome: [email protected]

• Ed
    Ed Orum Nov 28, 2010

I share those experiences with you. I placed an order with godish.com and charges were applied to my debit card the same day. I became concerned and attempted to speak with somone to cancel my order with no avail. I will be speaking with the state Attorney General to file a complaint

Edward Orum.

• Nc
    NC taken for a ride Feb 12, 2011

They do speak to fast and didn't honor the referal from my brother in law. They took my money before the dish even arrived then they drilled holes into my house!!! I am not happy I am locked into this stress for 2 yrs.
    I am disabled, on a fixed income they don't care as they get payed to lie.
    NC taken for a ride

• Mi
    Mike in Pahrump Dec 24, 2015

BEWARE! - Go Dish is a complete FRAUD!
    I have filed complaints with both the FCC and the USPS for fraudulent advertising. I have yet to receive the $100 Visa gift card for signing up with this company. Now they no longer acknowledge my request to receive the $100 Visa card.
    BEWARE!
    Do not sign up with Dish or any of their sub contractors.