Menu

S
Author of the complaint
2:13 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

5.3L AFM lifter failure. This has happened to 1000's of GM trucks with the 5.3L AFM (DOD) engines and although GM has redesigned the lifters at least two times, they have never admitted a problem or issued a recall. This engine is in Chevrolet pickups, Tahoe's, Avalanche's, GMC pickups, and Yukon's. Some engines failed during warranty and a lot have failed after. The evidence is in the silveradosierra.com forum and the chevyavalanchefanclub.com forum. Most times a lifter fails and caused the cam to fail requiring an engine rebuild or replacement. My 2008 Avalanche failed at 70K miles, requiring an engine replacement at $8, 000. This engine had Mobil-1 oil and filter changes its whole life. Customer service will not escalate to management even though I have repeatedly requested such. I have owned 31 GM vehicles in my life without a single engine failure. I am now retired and had planned to keep this vehicle on the road for the rest of my life and was cared for accordingly. My only request to GM was to share in the expense with me due to the apparent design flaw. They will not escalate nor participate in helping me.

2 comments
Jul 15, 2021 8:47 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 has 36, 500 miles and needs new cam vehicle was purchased new at 30, 000 miles the front electronic struts had to be replaced, 25, 000 miles the 3 rd brake light gasket leaked water and ruined my head liner see if I will ever buy another gm vehicle!

Jul 15, 2021 8:44 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My 2015 has 36, 500 miles and needs new cam vehicle was purchased new at 30, 000 miles the front electronic struts had to be replaced, 25, 000 miles the 3 rd brake light gasket leaked water and ruined my head liner see if I will ever buy another gm vehicle!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

1414 complaints