General Electric Logo

General Electric

Having problems with General Electric?

General Electric Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 626 2005 (Appliance Shopping)
+1 877 959 8688 (Parts & Filters)
+1 800 432 2737 (Service & Repair)
+1 800 435 4448 (Lighting Customer Service)
+1 518 385 2211 (GE Power)
+1 281 448 4410 (Oil and Gas)
+1 678 844 6000 (Energy Management)
+1 860 747 7111 (Industrial Solutions)
+1 262 544 3011 (GE Healthcare)
+1 877 207 0923 (Small Appliances/Housewares)
+1 877 394 9775 (Telephones)
+1 800 654 8483 (Consumer Electronic Accessories)
+1 800 730 6597 (Cameras)
+1 888 575 8226 (Home Generators)
+1 617 443 3000 (Headquarters)
3135 Easton Turnpike
Fairfield, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with General Electric Customer Service. Initial General Electric complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for General Electric above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about General Electric. Discuss the issues you have had with General Electric and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

GE Appliancesdishwasher purchased from home depot

I have a dishwasher that hasn't worked since late September. Originally the dishwasher wouldn't' drain and leaked. It took six service calls to fix this problem. After this problem was fixed the dishwasher ran once and completely shut down. I have had two additional service calls for this problem and have a third service appointment scheduled for Thursday 12/7. The dishwasher was under the manufacturer's warranty when the problems started. I also have an extended warranty that I purchased from Home Depot. If the dishwasher cannot be fixed this Thursday the dishwasher should be replaced. The dishwasher also has done damage to the floor underneath the dishwasher. For this I was referred to GE's claim insurance company, Sedgwick and Mark Siverthorne [protected]). He says before he can fix my floor he needs the parts responsible for the leaking. Ridiculous because they were thrown away.

GE Appliancesknob and clip asm

These twist knobs are for a GE washer and dryer. GE uses the same knobs for all settings on. Since buying the appliances we have gone through hundreds of these knobs. Often we replace the knob and after the first use it cracks and must be replaced. We keep about 10 knobs for replacement at any given order just to make it through the next month or so. I am so frustrated with the poor quality of plastic used in this product. The knob cracks in the back where it is inserted onto a metal D shaped shaft that sets the heating time. Your product (175D3296P001 or SH940A) needs to be remanufactured!
    Paula & Rance Kirtley
    130 Corral Ct.
    Roswell, GA 30076

Shaun R. Dec 04, 2017

I am by far from a fan of G.E. washing machines. They are by far the worst laundry manufacturers within the industry. Unfortunately their knobs are similar to those many other brands use. I might suggest taking one of these knobs to the retailer you purchased the units through and compare them to other units. Once you find a compatible, entirely metal knob, you can replace them.

GE Appliancesthree week old monogram oven zet1phss quit working during first cleaning

Purchased a new $4000 Monogram oven three weeks ago. It was installed and working perfectly. In fact we were so happy at first we used it daily. Yesterday we decided to try its first three hour cleaning. An hour after starting it, I told my wife it smells like electrical burning. Being a fireman for twenty years I know the smell. Looked at the oven and it had an error code of F96. Looked it up and found it was something to do with the internal cooling fan. The oven was so hot on the face that you couldn't even touch it. I put temperature probe on the surface and it was 151 degrees. Seeing how wood begins to char 120-150 seems rather unsafe as well as a fire hazard. I'm lucky one of my children didn't touch the oven otherwise i'm sure it would have resulted in a second degree burn. Contacted GE immediately, I was told I needed to service the brand new unit. I asked for an exchange and they refused. Contacted the store I purchased it from and they refused an exchange stating GE had to service it. Needless to say GE Monogram rep had scheduled an emergency service for today from 8-12pm. I took the day off unpaid and no one showed. Contacted the service company and they said GE doesn't schedule their service calls. Now I have to wait a week for someone to come look at it. $4000 oven that sits inoperable. Called Monogram today and pleaded with the guy to allow an exchange. He said the store can do it they need to contact GE themselves and get an authorization. I called the store and they said not true. I'm seriously so unhappy with GE and their reps don't know what the left hand is doing from the right. I hope this is resolved soon as the holiday season is here and I need an oven. I will never buy another GE appliance again after this.

RESOLVED

Store manager after speaking to her GE rep, and forwarding pictures of the extreme temperature of the oven face agreed to exchange the unit without servicing it first.

Shaun R. Dec 01, 2017

Hi Randall.

Appreciated reading your complaint. It would only seem reasonable that before an exchange was even considered, they'd want someone to come out and diagnose the issue.

Monogram is pretty massive equipment and moving it is no easy task. It may be the best solution for everyone involved.

R

GE Appliances — electric range

Stove inoperable after having it for only 2 days customer relations was absolutely no help whatsoever and...

C

GE Appliances — washer

We bought a washing machine last March, and less than a year, we already have problem with it . First of all...

Brossard

GE Appliancesge spectra glass top stove-white

I purchased this stove a few years back and have used the self-cleaning process two or three times. The first time, I noticed the top of the oven door apparently was a bit scorched. This last time, yesterday, November 22, 2017, the top of the stove door and down onto the front of the door, was actually brown, as you can see from the photos attached.

I would like someone to come and clean this stove or I would like a new stove. I realize it is no longer under warranty, but this is totally unacceptable. If cleaning the oven can burn the outside of the stove, it cannot be safe to use.

ge spectra glass top stove-white
        ge spectra glass top stove-white

Shaun R. Nov 22, 2017

Hi Janie.

Appreciate your comments. The reason there was no 'scorched' marks with the initial cleanings is because it's the burnt off grease that causes the discoloration. Manufactures warranties generally never cover cosmetic issues, but an extended warranty may. Call the retailer you purchased the unit through.

GE Appliancesdefective dishwasher

I have been getting an unbelievable run around on this issue. Everyone points to someone else but no one, no one has offered a resolution.
          Let's see if the route does anything as I end up on endless, ridulous hold when calls have been attempted (I hang up after 30 minutes which is more than patient).

I purchased a new GE dishwasher, model DDT595SSJ2SS in September. I used it once and it promptly flooded my basement. GE repair representative and a plumber have both agreed that it is a defective machine having nothing to do with installation.
          I want to return the defective machine that resulted in extensive damages and get a brand new one. I purchased a new machine and would expect it to work. I do not want a repaired machine which is the only option I am being given I purchased a new machine and want a new working dishwasher. That to me is fraud and dishonest business practices.
          Additionally, your insurance representative has not gotten back to me on damage coverage even though the adjuster report went in over a week ago.
          It is already the end of November.
          Will I ever get a constructive, satisfying, customer oriented response from GE? At this point
          Maxine Goldsmith

Shaun R. Nov 20, 2017

Hi Ms. Goldsmith.

When in September was it purchased? What retailer was it purchased through? Was this installed by a professional or was it self-installed?

GE Applianceswasher not functional after 2 months from purchase.

I purchased a washer Sep 8th
            Got it delivered Sep 10th
            Everything was great! Loved the washer; until it locked up and powered down.
            Called Mabe's service dept on Friday Nov 17th. They arranged to have a tech out on Tues Nov 21st. Long story short - according to technician 120v is entering the washer but only 90v is distributing throughout the washer. The entire washer head needs to be replaced.
            I called the service dept back and explained that this machine is 2 months old. I did not pay for a refurbished product; therefore would like this washer to be exchanged.
            It took me 2 days to get to a manager to talk to me. (Thursday)
            She was polite; and seemed to be helpful. Said that she was going to arrange the exchange as long as I can provide proof of purchase via email to her. She provided me her direct line; as well as her email and I, immediately provided the information she asked for. She asked me to call her back next day (Friday) as its almost 5pm (end of her shift) and she will look after it.
            Friday came and gone. I left a message with her with my cell# - got no call back.
            Another weekend without a washer.
            Today is Monday - I've called and left a message in the morning, still no call backs.
            I feel like I'm not going to get anywhere. I'd like to escalate; but I don't know where. I'm frustrated with the lack of communication and this coming from management.

Shaun R. Nov 20, 2017

So the technician it's/was scheduled for tomorrow but has already provided you the information?

I've got a great deal of experience within the industry and can tell you that, overall, I like G.E. appliances. Unfortunately they can't make a decent washer to save their so-called life. You will not get one that runs without issues; that's just bluntly the truth. It's almost easier to have them address the problem this one has versus going to an entirely different unit. One of the issues on many of the units invokes damaging laundry, so don't wash anything you don't want to risk in it.

As long as it's covered under warranty, and you're willing to put up with the inconveniences, then I suppose you're okay with the unit. When you replace it (and you will), anything but G.E. in a washer. If you want high efficient, I like L.G., If you prefer traditional, Speed Queen all the way.

L

GE Appliances — ge profile appliances

I need your help General Electric, I am ashamed to say I purchased an entire suite of GE Profile stainle...

GE Appliancesge cafe refrigerator w/extended warranty - not fixed after multiple visits

We purchased a GE cafe refrigerator about 2 years ago, along with the extended warranty. It's been in actual use for 1.5 years. We have contacted the repair center and had techs out to the house at least 7 times for the same reason. The cooling fan makes a very loud noise multiple times a day. The fan has been replaced twice, the entire back panel has been replaced twice. The last time a tech came out they downloaded info from the fridge to send to "the engineers for analysis". That was 7 weeks ago, no response.

Case #'s: [protected], [protected], [protected]

• Ca
                  Catherine L. Dec 28, 2017

GE is not actually GE. It is Samsung with GE logo on top. It is owned by a Chinese company Heier. Poor service. Run around. I have had no freezer on a $7000.00 GE Profile built in refrigerator for 9 months. I spent $945.00 on a 3 year warranty, They have sent about 8 service technicians out and have replaced multiple parts several times, but still not fixed. Probably should contact the Better Business Bureau, and /or a local television station.

Shaun R. Nov 15, 2017

Hi Kevin. GE works through local authorized service centers. I would be in contact with the service center to confirm the status.

I'd also check with the retailer you purchased the appliances through as they can be of huge help.

GE Appliancesno show/no call for scheduled repair

Scheduled a service call last week. Waited at home all day for a repair between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Finally called at 3:30 to make sure they were coming, only to be told that they had called and left me a VM stating my service call had been rescheduled. False. They never called me and they never left me a voicemail. Waited at home all day for nothing! Service call has been rescheduled for 11/21, IF they even bother to show up.
                You need to reimburse me for MY TIME that you wasted.

GE Appliancesge front load washer

Reference # [protected]

Good afternoon

I would like to take this opportunity to let you know how unhappy I am about GE company, their warranty and also the service. I do understand that you may not take the time to read this email, but at least you will have received it prior of me finding the right place to make a complain about GE equipment and their warranty service. Here is the event that have taken place, and at no time as I lost control on anyone that I have dealt with during this situation.

1. First contact: Thursday October 12th, 2017 service to inform of problem with our washing machine that was purchase in June 2017 from Home Depot and here is the confirmation # [protected]. They were advise of the situation with the washer.

2. First service call was on Friday October 20th, technicians ( Mark and Cory) from Northern Electrical Service came and looked at the washer without any type of replacement parts. They have to order parts.

3. Second service call was on Wednesday October 25th, a technician, (Cory, different person) came with door part and module board, and problem wasn't resolved. I called [protected] and was informed that more parts were being ordered with a 5 to 6 weeks waiting period Ref # [protected].

4. Friday October 27th, Joy called GE service and was told an email was sent to manager at head office. No respond yet and could not be told who to expect call from. Will not give head office # to her. Joy went to Home Depot to see manager who was very helpful, she photo copy notes and said that she was going to call GE herself and see what she could find out.5. Monday October 30th, Joy called to check up on machine and was told that the file was only opened on October 26th, not when initial call was made on October 12th. Lady said that a manager should call this week.

6. Tuesday October 31st, Still no word from anyone. I stopped (Normand) on my way home at Home Depot to inform them that I was ready to return both items, spoke to supervisor (Alexandra) to make sure she understood my situation and also my frustration. They send one more email to manager as they haven't received anything from anyone from GE yet.

7. Wednesday November 1st, Received a call from Jane at Home Depot. She has sent another email to GE and also to her head office. She called as well and gave them 24 hrs to resolve the issue or it would be taken higher. You, Yanic, called to say that the washer won't be replace as service company said that it was fixable. that the parts were in Ontario and will be shipped out on Thursday to be received Friday by service company. You also said that you would send a check for $60.00 to cover the expense at the launderette. And also to call you directly if anything else happen. Called the service company to book an appointment, but weren't able to have one before Monday November 13th in the morning, 12 days later, is that having a quick service?

8. I called the service company on November 2nd, asking if they could come earlier to repair the washer, they said that they would be putting me on priority list but nothing changed.

9. The technician showed up on Monday November 13th with more parts, (cosmetic parts that has nothing to do with the problem at hand) that didn't make any sense, event the technician didn't understand why those parts were ordered. After looking at the washer, he discovered a problem with the wiring harness. At that point I decided to ask him not to order the parts yet as I was going to go to Home Depot as this wasn't making any sense that I would have to wait again to have this washer fix. I spoke with a manager at Home Depot and She decided that it was long enough and replaced my washer and dryer with new one from and other company and accepted to deal directly with your company about the washer.

I am very disappointed to see a big company like GE could be so hard to deal with, also using a company that doesn't understand their equipment to be able to do proper repair. Looking back at the first time we called for service until today, it has taken 33 days and still out of a washer. Yes you have decided today that you will move forward and replace the washer, but I could tell you that this isn't a way to deal with a customer. Thanks to Home Depot, their service after sale, I will have a new washer and dryer from a different company as I don't think I could deal with GE and their service again.

Regards, a very unhappy customer.

Normand Richard
                  330 Bay Street
                  Midland, Ontario, Canada
                  L4R 1K2
                  [protected]
                  normand.[protected]@gmail.com

Shaun R. Nov 14, 2017

I'm extensively involved within the industry. I like a lot of GE appliances, but their washers are not one of them. They are nothing but problems do to poor engineering. Save yourselves the headaches and replace it now before it damages your wardrobe.

D

GE Appliances — wash machine

Our wash machine is making noise we bought all GE appliances 3 years ago when we remodel had someone from GE...

GE Appliancesge café™ series energy star® 27.8 cu. ft. french-door refrigerator with hot water dispenser

Horrible! had the ge cafÉ™ series energy star® 27.8 cu. ft. french-door refrigerator with hot water dispenser installed on 10-13-17over the next few days the side started bulging and getting wavy. just a little at first but after continuing to get worse had a serviceman out on 11-8-17. he determined its a manufacture problem. called ge regarding the issue was on hold forever - finally was told since it was 7 days past the delivery date there was nothing they will do for "cosmetic" issues. they sent me to someone else who sent me back to customer relations. now on hold for the 3rd time for more than 20 minutes each time. the side of this fridge is wide open as you walk in my home - to the living room and to the dining room. this is a manufacture issue. I have had the fridge less than a month. so much for the great ge products - warranty or the extended warranty I purchased. I will be cancelling my microwave order and wish I could send back the dishwasher bought at the same time as the fridge. terrible company!

Shaun R. Nov 08, 2017

I would suggest contacting the retailer you purchased it through. You'd be surprised as to what they can help with.

Shaun R. Nov 08, 2017

@ckeeton Unfortunately it's only worse because one generally pays more and gets less support. That, however, is water under the bridge.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words and, in this case, I think I'd agree. It would be helpful to post a photo show if and to the extend the fridge is bowed.

• Ck
                        ckeeton Nov 08, 2017

@Shaun R. I wish I could. It was purchased on line through the actual GE Appliance store. Which makes it worse in my opinion.

GE Appliancesge microwave oven died in just 90 days due to quality control

Hi, my old GE microwave oven needing replaced due to the turntable motor not working. It was a 1997 made oven. I just replaced it with a GE
                      MicroWave
                      Model JES1145SH1SS
                      and it is dead this weekend.
                      I'm disappointed in the quality in GE products.
                      When contacted the warranty dept, they requested a lot of information just to give me a chance to buy another GE product.
                      It is a shame that GE cannot stand behind their warranty or product quality.
                      I plan to start telling my family, friends and colleagues of this experience as well.

pobarjenkins Nov 08, 2017

I am unsure by your complaint if GE is replacing the microwave for you. If they are not, you could try to take the product along with your receipt back to the store of purchase to see if there is anything they can do for you.

Shaun R. Nov 07, 2017

Even the best products can and will have issues-even in the short term. The important thing is if they're replacing it for you.

GE Appliancesge washer model # tg919995g

I purchased a GE washer and it was installed by Lowes delivery men on 5/11/2017. From my first load I didn't feel like it spun the load dry enough..5 months later I found it would not spin at all except on drain and spin..than would not spin at all... called Lowes and they sent a repair man 10/17/17 ..who thought the lid lock was not sending the message that it was locked...he ordered a part...wrong part was sent...so today 11/6/2017 he came to install the part...however a few days earlier in the middle of the night the washer came on and was trying to spin...we got out of bed and pulled power plug...now he has ordered a mother board...so now 17 days later I'm still with out a washer...not at all happy with this situation...

Shaun R. Nov 06, 2017

Unfortunately the model you've listed doesn't exist. Please double check and confirm the correct model number.

GE Appliancesrefrigerator

We purchased a GE refrigerator from PC Richard & Sons 3 years ago. We did not buy an extended warrantee. The factory warrantee is only one year. The unit began making a very loud noise, keeping us awake at night. When I called GE repair service, they said they did not have anyone in our area and that we should check the yellow pages for the nearest authorized repair contractor. We did. A1 Appliance repair of Sparta, NJ made a service call, diagnosed the problem as worn bearings in the fan. After locating parts, A1 called and told us it would cost $500. to repair the refrigerator. We only paid approximately $650. to purchase the appliance. We feel GE should stand behind this product and facilitate a less expensive repair.

pobarjenkins Nov 01, 2017

Any time you decline to purchase an extended warranty, you run the risk of having to pay for the full cost of repairs down the line. This is why extended warranties are offered. GE did stand by its product for the one year warranty it offered. Unfortunately now you must decide whether to pay for the repairs or purchase a new refrigerator.

Shaun R. Oct 31, 2017

It's unfortunate that the fridge is having issues. Believe me, there isn't a manufacturer who's immune. I'm pretty heavily involved within the industry and see issues with any of them. The mistake was making the purchase without concern of warranty coverage. In reality you bargained for a product that was guaranteed to have most issues covered for a single year; additional coverage costs more.

Assuming you're just going to replace the fridge, spend more time asking the retailers the details as to their extended service agreements. Most retailers are fine with matching the price on the merchandise but the service, as you've learned, becomes every bit as important.

pobarjenkins Nov 01, 2017

@Shaun R. Excellent advice.

GE Appliancesorder # ff060319

I am working to reverse the swing on a gps12fshcsb refrigerator. the instructions said the swing kit came with unit. weather it did or didn't is not the issue. I ordered what your rep said I needed at my cost. What I received was 2 small plastic hole covers the size of regular shirt button. I want the parts I need to complete this task at no additional cost to me.
                            Sincerely, Peter G. Harrison

O

GE Appliances — water heater model # gg48t06axk00

Water Heater Model # GG48T06AXK00 Serial #GEUNM451206190 A week ago there was no hot water. The heater i...

GE Appliancesdishwasher hotpoint

This dishwasher has been horrible. first it was leaking water onto the floor After two service calls to fix it finally stopped leaking. The technician was an hour late for the second service call which was already at a very unreasonably long 4 hour service window. Yes. 5 hours we waited! Then we noticed it wouldn't completely dry the dishes. We tried several different settings and just couldn't get it to dry. Figuring something must be wrong with the heating element we called for the third service. This time requested and granted a text 30 minutes prior to arrival to leave enough time for us to leave work and meet technician. I got home in 25 minutes. Apparently the tech had come and left because no one was home. I called to check on his location exactly 44 minutes after the text I received with the 30 minute notice. They refused to send tech back. I took an afternoon off work for nothing. I will never buy GE again. The product is horrible and service is even worse.

Shaun R. Oct 29, 2017

Sounds like you could have used an hours notice. Hotpoint is extremely low end appliances. That's actually the reason they differentiate it with their GE/Profile/Cafe and Monogram line.