GameStop.comscrew game stop, take your business elsewhere

J

I hate game stop. My brother is the manager at one here, and even he hates them. You buy a $60 game, take it back same day cause it sucks, unlike what the guy behind the counter said. "Best game ever" etc. and they're like we'll give you $9 in gamestop credit for it.
Excuse me? I wan't to get a REFUND not sell this game. RE FUND!

Screw game stop, take your business elsewhere.

• We
    Weezelmel Jan 24, 2016

If you buy it and play it... The game is used and therefore not new anymore so cannot be refunded or resold as new. This is a business not a game rental company. I used to work there and although the company fails to treat employees right, the ignorance of customers is worse. No company will allow you to buy a NEW game and play it and then return it. GameStop will at least buy it back for a decent price... usually $40-$45 for a $60 game within the first week. Anywhere else you go the return policy clearly states that a new game may only be returned within the return period of unopened. Either but it pre owned if you want a full refund or... if you think the game will stink... Wait for a damn review and stop being ignorant

• Th
    thel Jul 28, 2014

this is a case of did you play it or not. if you didnt play it and just opened it they 50% of the time give you the full price as a swap [i.e. they will swap it for a game of the same price.] or will refund you 1/2 or 1/4th the original price. from what i can tell you were charged 85% from original price. which means they found issues with the disc that reduces the value. this means you had 35% that were restock and repair costs. this adds up to less money for you.

• Je
    Jennifer M Davis Dec 28, 2012

GameStop in Burlington washington, told my nine year old
    Daughter they would hold a game for her, they Would hold
    A game for her, a hour later they sold it, she is crying, I
    Just called the manager he was so rude! I WILL
    NEVER go back there, NO ONE I know will ever
    go back!!! Ugh! GAMESTOPs managers
    Should be fired!!!

JohhnyBeGood Dec 14, 2012

Agree with Thud and Brenda. This is why I love their pre-owned games. I have the confidence of buying a game and being able to return it if it doesn't meet my expectations. Plus, I also love their $30 guaranteed trade deal. I play and beat the game in less than 30 days and when I trade it, I get a guaranteed $30. If you're getting only $9 bux for a game it probably means the game was older. I would strongly suggest you learn the concept of Supply and Demand. If I spend $2, 000 on a new computer and take it to trade it in 6 months later, I'm only going to get a fraction of what I paid for it. Same with video games. if your expecting to get a high trade value on a copy of Black Ops 1 the day before Black Ops 2 comes out, you're going to get pennies on the dollar. IMHO.

• Sh
    shadow666 Feb 04, 2010

when i am searching for a specific system i give it by name. if i want to look up nintendo dsi, i would sAY nintendo dsi... same appies for ds lite and the nintendo ds. no matter the ### i type in i get everything but what i want...i get the ###.

• Jl
    jld Nov 23, 2009

OK, and what's the back story. If you are going to complain, at least tells us why.

• Mr