Having problems with Gamefly?

PO Box 80924
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

False advertising. Terrible customer service

I purchased the Batman Arkham Asylum download for the pc. There download manager is terrible there was a lost connection about every 5 minutes and then it had to be restarted manually. It took 4 days to download the game. I wrote them a message asking for a refund and I told them that I haven't finished downloading it, I haven't activated it, and I haven't played it yet. It took them several days to respond and when they did they refused to offer a refund. They should explain in there advertisments that downloads don't download properly. If I had known this then I would have purchased the game from somewhere else. Terrible customer service.

• Cm
    cmplaint12345 Feb 09, 2012

I meant to write Batman Akham City not Batman Arkham Asylum

Hello,

We apologize for your experience. In order for us to further assist you in resolving this matter, please send an email to us at [email protected] Please be sure to include the email address linked to your GameFly account. In the meantime, many answers can be found here: http://digitalsupport.gamefly.com/

We look forward to assisting you,

The GameFly Team

false advertising horrible customer service

i have been a member of gamefly since 2005 and now if you are lucky to get a new release sent to u on release date you'll never see the game from them it will sit on low to medium if u contact customer service they say the games are in high demand and are unable to ship then read the answers forum all new members are recieving new games without a problem.

best part is when they do not recieve a game they send u a email telling u how to mail your items and where to mail them taking no responsiblity putting all blame on the post office HA this company has turned into a complete rip off will only ship u old games that are available now nothing else if u are an exisiting member take my advice and just buy the game at a store at least u can play it

Hi rumble2007,

We apologize for your experience. In order for us to further assist you in resolving this matter, please contact us anytime, 7 days a week, at [email protected]

The GameFly Team

NO customer service & horrible shipping

GameFly takes 5-7 days to ship AFTER they check in the returned game. This is unacceptable to me, how about you? They say they "strive to ship within 24 hours" This doesn't mean they actually have to do that, obviously.

They just keep responding to our emails, instructing us to put more games in the queue and even though we have many games in there (several classified High availability), it makes no difference. It is the standard response they keep giving. You cannot talk to them either. They only accept emails that are countered with canned responses and no answers or solutions that work.

They are rated the WORST company I have done business with in 2011, second only to AT&T. Save your money and peace of mind - go anywhere else for your games!

Lousy customer service and poor shipping

I contacted customer service about why they are not shipping a 2nd game when I am paying for 2 at a time. They only shipped 1 game and told me since the other games on my list have medium availability, they are unable to send me any more games. Why would I continue to pay for a level of service that they refuse to provide? Plus they refuse to give me a refund or credit for the money I have spent on 2 at a time when only recieving 1 at a time service. The customer service at gamefly is horrible at best. They do nothing to try to satisfy the customer. I will never use gamefly or recommend them to anyone.

Fraudulent business practices

After several months of slow service and receiving games from the bottom of my queue I decided to cancel the subscription. I waited until a few days before the end of my billing month, cancelled and sent back the last game I had. In less than 24 hours from the time I mailed back the game I was sent an email that they game was received damaged and that I would have to pay $49.99. I do not believe the company had time to receive the game back and that $49.99 is way to much to try and charge since they themselves only value the trade-in of the game at $4.70.

SLOWEST SHIPPING EVER

Gamefly has the slowest shipping ever for their video game service! This is seriously a f-n joke. They claim on their website that it takes 2-4 days to receive a video game in the mail from them. WRONG!!!

The past 2 months I've had their service, it has taken more than 6 days to receive a game. This is almost DOUBLE what they claim. It is still cheaper to rent $9 xbox games from Blockbuster.

I switched bc Blockbuster is a f-n ripoff on video game rentals. But if it takes 6 days for me to get a game, i play it for 7 days, and then another 5 days to ship back, that is already half a month! So I can only get 2 games per month at this ### slow rate. I pay $22 for the service. If i got 2 games per month at Blockbuster it would be about $17-18.

Gamefly---You used to be good the first year I had your service, but your ### shipping and slow delivery forced me to complain. You also claim you have this "FastReturn" shipping with UPS. WHATA JOKE!! Don't make false claims because I haven't seen any fast returns in the 2 years I've had your service.

Pick up your game or I will no longer be a member next month and will tell everyone I know on xbox that your service is CRAP and a RIPOFF.

Scam charges

Initially we got the games we requested in a short amount of time but after a few months that changed. More and more we noticed that the games we received were very low on our list and took longer and longer to get to us. When we complained they would either not respond or respond with some sort of form letter stating the usual we try to get you the games you want. Finally we decided to drop the service. Of course they do not give refunds for un-used time so we kept the service through the month and cancelled 2 days before our billing period was up and sent back the last game we had; Sims 2 Pets for the PS2.

In less than 24 hours from the time I mailed the game I received an email that the game was damaged beyond repair and that I would have to pay $49.99. I do not believe that they could have possibly received the game yet much less that the game was damaged in the mail since in the months that we had the service this had never happened before. In addition, GameFly will only give you $4.70 in trade in for this game so why would they charge me $49.99 to replace it.

• Kw
    KWeaver Dec 10, 2011

Gamefly put $20 on hold from my debit card for a "free trial" During signup when you put the credit card info in it even says "Credit card will not be charged until trial period ends" but there the charge is. The answer from customer support is as follows" "we perform a temporary authorization against the credit card provided upon registration. This is to ensure that if you choose to stay a member after your free trial or if you wish to keep a game that you rented during the free trial, you are ready to go.

We do not receive any funds from this transaction. The temporary authorization could take 2 to 5 business days to clear depending on your bank's policy" Is this not charging my account before the trial period ends? A $1 pre auth might be acceptable if told up front but $20 to set up account? SCAM.

Hi KWeaver,

Horrible company

THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD. I LIVE IB OREGON AND SUPPOSEDLY THEY SHIP FROM CALIFORNIA. IT ALWAYS TOOK 11-15 DAYS TO GET GAMES AND WHEN I CANCELLED THEY CONTINUES TO SHIP GAMES WHICH I IMMEDIATLY RETURNED THEN THEY CHARGED ME FULL PRICE FOR THEM EVEN AFTER RECIEVING THEM BACK. THEY REFUSE TO REFUND THESE AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH THE COMPANY FOR SUPPORT. AS A LOYAL NETFLIX USER THIS COMPANY EVEN COMPARING THEMSELVES TO NETFLIX IS A HUGE INSULT TO NETFLIX. I MYSELF WILL WAIT UNTIL NETFLIX OFFERS GAMES AND TELL EVERYONE WHO WILL LISTEN HOW HORRIBLE GAMEFLY IS. WHAT A SCAM. MOST OF THE GAMES THEY SENT WOULDNT EVEN WORK WHICH MAKES ME BELIEVE THEY WERE COPYING GAMES AND USING ILLEGAL COPIES AS RENTALS.

Unauthorized billing

I first signed up with GameFly with their promotion at the end of '08 since I figured if it was anything...

CROOK COMPANY

Even though I returned a rented game they sent me to COLLECTION "Rickenbacker Group" (another cr?p company). There was no way but to pay for what I never had to if I was dealing with a REPUTABLE COMPANY. STAY AWAY !!!

• St
    Steve Jun 17, 2008

My exerience with Gamefly has led me to believe that they intentionally delay the processing of recieved games and the shipment of requested games to make more money off the monthly subscription fee.

It typically takes them almost 2 weeks to acknowledge a recieved game, and another week or two to ship the next one in my queue. So basically they just charged me a months subscription while they sit on their *****- the more time they kill without sending me a game, the more money they make.

• Ph
    Phil Nov 12, 2008

Wow, i can honestly say that this has never happened to me. I've had both gamefly and netflix for about the same amount of time and this has never happened. I get my games within 3 business days, and they receive the ones i send back in about the same timeframe. Like i said in a netflix post, maybe it has something to do with where you are located, and the availability of the games your requested. i would look into that before making any kind of accusations.

• Gr
    Green_Gecko_Joker Dec 28, 2008

They would have only sent your account to a collections agency if you didn't return there games after canceling your account with them, and only after an extended period of time (like a month). If it takes you more then a month to return your games that you're no longer paying for, you must be some deadbeat and deserve to be sent to collections.

• Ed
    EddieWan Jan 15, 2009

Gamefly also seceretly signs you up to a vacation deal where they take money out of your account monthly even after you've cancled game fly took me and my wife a year to actually find out why 10 dollars was coming out of her account every month because of the way it appears on the bank statement it makes it look like some bank fee even the the ppl from the bank was in disbelief at how sneaky they were about it.

• Co
    ComplaintBoard22 Aug 18, 2009

Due to slow service and the fact that I never got any of the games located in the top 10 of my queue I decided to drop the service. I waited until 2 days before the end of my billing month, cancelled and mailed back the last game I had; Sims 2 Pets for the PS2. The next morning at 7:24am, less than 24 hours from the time I mailed the game, I received and email from them stating that the game was broken beyond repair and that I had to pay $49.99. They are obviously lying to get more money. There is no way they could have recieved the game back yet. In addition, they will only give you $4.70 as a trade in for this game so why would they charge me $49.99. The company is a scam.

• Gh
    GhostShadow Mar 11, 2010

I've been a member of Gamefly since 2003. The company was above average on It's shipping times, customer service, ect until last year when they opened up more shipping centers, supposedly to increase their shipping times and game availibility. What a joke that's been. While their quick to take their monthly fees from your account on time they sure take their sweet time when It comes to providing the service your paying for. I canceled my sub with them a few months ago over paying for two games out and sometimes going into two weeks before they would mail me "one " game.This company needs some hard core lessons on the value of good customer service. I wish I had the means to create a company to compete with them. I'd bury them in their own poor attitude. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. If your on Facebbok or any of the other web sites like it, spread the word. It's time a company like this learned that the "little guy"can cause some damage too or haven't they heard of David and Goliath? He who has stones start throwing them! Enough is enough

• Th
    The-Joker Jul 02, 2011

@Green_Gecko_Joker - stop pretending to be me, you are PETE STEDS/SMITH, DAVID LANGLEY AKA A CHEAT LIAR AND SCAMMER EVERYONE BEWARE

gameflysucks Sep 05, 2011

Takes waaaaaaaaaay to long to get a game. For a single games it can take up to a week of waiting.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices