Having problems with GameStop?

GameStop Customer Service Contacts

625 Westport Pkwy
Grapevine, Texas

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with GameStop Customer Service. Initial GameStop complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for GameStop above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about GameStop. Discuss the issues you have had with GameStop and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

GameStop — customer service terrible

Ok So I go into a GAMESTOP on Arden way in Sacramento next door to Once Upon a Child. I was there an hour...

GameStop — I was there before they closed for black opps 2

I went to get my PAID copy of Black ops 2 and there was no line it was 12:45 mind you and they said all...

GameStop.commaking customers believe that digital download orders are available right away

1. Gamestop is misrepresenting digital download orders.
2. They’re making customers believe that digital download orders are available right away.
3. Worst order processing for digital download.
4. Need to be honest with customers and let them know that digital download DOES NOT mean that the order is available to download to customers right away. This is the right thing to do by information customers prior to order processing.

• Ru
      ruffu Nov 06, 2012

Game Stop employee at Corvallis Game Stop is very rude to me and my fiancee. Feel discriminated against. Afraid to go to Game Stop. gamestop are pices of ###

Game Stop - Augusta Mall | Augusta Georgia — racism & cheating customers

The Guy who manages the place, is a certified idiot, he keeps hiring convicts, sex offenders, drug dealer...

GameStop — false advert

First on the evening of September 17 I call my Englewood Gamestop asking if i needed to preorder a...

GameStop — rude manager/ ureasonable return procedure

Tried to trade in two games previously purchased at the game stop in Venice Fl. and went through about a 15...

GameStopreservation fraud

Ok so i reserve two preowned games they call they next day to tell me they've came in. Saying i can pick it up anytime. So when i go to pick it up like three weeks later they say they can only keep it for 48 hours, and i know this is a lie because others have had theyres kept for way longer

• Th
        thel Jun 04, 2014

Dude its on the corporate website that pre orders are held for 48-72 hours after release. The other locations you speak of are probly were your best buds work. I would know, 2 game stops I frequented they would call about my pre order. If it came out on say Mon or Tuesday I couldn't get there before closing. So id ask them if they could hold it for me till Saturday. They would be nice enough to hold it with a sticky note and my name on it.
        i would show up before closing on Friday or even 2 hours before opening and get my promised game no problems.

• St
        Steve33619 Aug 30, 2012

Wow so glad you think you are the only person in the world. I call you to tell you the games are ready to be picked up and you want me to hold them for three weeks. Yeah right, I am putting them back on the shelf to make money. I agree where is the complaint. Get a life dude.

GameStoprefusal

I've been going to this GameStop for years now and have never had an issue, but now it seems that I do have an issue. I recently went in asked to see how much money I have down on my pre-orders, before the clerk did anything she said "We won't let you cancel or put money down on your pre-orders or make ones in the future." So I asked why? and she replied "Because you used money from your pre-orders to pay off other games, like a bank." Now I don't know about anyone else, but I have gone to midnight releases before and didn't bring enough cash due to a tax factor or some other discrepancy and therefore use some of the money I had on my pre-orders to pay the game off. To my knowledge this is perfectly fine, and I find it quite intrusive that they are practically stealing my money that I worked for.

GameStopmanagement

As a recently former employee, I just wanted to say how the district manager, Steve Key of Rock Hill, SC HIGHLY mistreats his employees. I had been with the company one year and six months when I quit my sales associate position July 12Th 2012. I busted my butt for this company, filling in at stores that needed help, doing things that a manager should have done both customer and work related, organizing everything, keeping the store spotless, filing paperwork that management did not keep up with like they should. I put up with many things that I never should have as an employee. I can honestly say that I have NEVER been so mistreated by any company that I have EVER worked for in my entire life. While I realize that the whole company is not at fault for one district managers indiscretions it is the fault of the whole company for him still being hired on while he mistreats ALL of his employees not just me. I am not at fault for leaving the company, no one had problems with me. In fact they are not happy that I left because now they are stuck with STEVE KEY'S girlfriends' friend who is highly unqualified for the management position she is in. She has never touched a game in her life and refuses to do work. She has even been sent home for not listening. She is a joke and a disgrace. I was skipped over for a promotion so that this girl could be hired in and work at our store which has highly agitated me. I did everything a manager did and I know how to run my store but i get skipped over for THIS????? Her coming to my store also made it to where i was only getting one day a week, and my daily numbers for res, subs, gpgs, and dlc where awesome. I do not deserve treatment such as this when I was such a good hard working ambitious employee. I plan on telling everyone about my experience with gamestop and how they lie, not only to their employees but their customers as well. When I came on to the team I was told that people move up quickly and that gamestop believes in promotions from within the company. WHAT A LIE!!! I am HIGHLY qualified for the key holding management position, I have done ALL of my level up training. You can literally call ANY and All of my past employers and they will tell you that they would hire me back in a heartbeat! I would also like to point out that it is highly illegal to terminate an employee after they put in the two week notification to quit when they are still scheduled for the next week. So in pointing that out, I was told that my resignation was effective immediately and I fully intend to get the pay for when I was scheduled to work even if it means a law suit . Steve Key needs to be terminated, he cares for no one but himself and i intend on letting everyone know that. He makes everyone in his district miserable and i believe HR needs to do an investigation.

Regards,
        Ashley Burgess

GameStopused game scam

To play online now you need codes so if you buy a used game at game stop they don't tell you you have to pay for the codes to play the game online..If you buy the game new the game comes with the code...But game stop does not tell you this when you buy a used game..Once the code is used you can't use it again so you have to pay 10 dollars online to get the code..And if you want to buy a game console don't get them from Game Stop...Real bad extended warranty...It's best to get them from Target or Wal-Mart or Best Buy...Game Stop is a ripoff...

GameStop — lying and deceit

I work at the Gamestop in Aspen Hill/Silver Spring, on Connecticut Ave, and I am outraged. There are several...

Aspen Hill

GameStop.comcancelled orders and they keep the money.

Purchased 2 Playstation Network cards, 1 for $50, 1 for $20 online at Gamestop.com so I could buy a $69 downloadable game. Got 2 emails for order confirmation, then instead of getting the 2 emails with the pin #'s for Playstation Network I get 2 emails >> order cancelled, order cancelled. Both transactions honored and $70 gone from my bank. Got nowhere with Gamestop, supposedly $$ will be back in my bank 3-5 days. Thanks for screwiing me over Gamestop. The reason they cancelled was back-to-back purchases looked "suspicious". Only way to get $69 into PS network is to buy 2 cards as they don't sell $100 cards. I will go to Walmart from now on and NEVER, EVER trust Gamestop.com again. My bank says Gamestop got paid so I am Fkkd out of $70.

GameStopvery deceptive and shady business dealings

I went to gamestop and for the second time had to trade a psp for the one I had bought a day earlier that was not working. The Second Psp was not in great condtion either. The Umb Door kept popping open during game play I shrugged it off. Two weeks Later it fell off my low desk and the door got jammed shut. When I tried to open the Umd door it opended but then would not close after several attmpts the door came off it's hindges. I was upset and went to a friend's and told him what happend and how I had lost the recepit he called Gamestop when I was in the bathroom and they said sure sure bring it on in we will replace it anyways. I walked twenty minute's there and the guy looked at it and said we can not take it back. I know it falling off the desk my my fault but regardless they should not have sold me a game system that had a umd door to begin with that easily could have contrubited to why it broke so easily. Gamestop has also sold me a game in the past that had a defective disk that would crack after while of gameplay They seem to thrive on hiding behind the policy that once something is broken if it's sold as broken tough luck. The Better business bureru should hold Gamestop accountble every state has consumer law's and Gamestop violate's and break's these law's.

MauiAL50 May 16, 2012

Sure, you can return it to the store if it fails to work for a "reasonable" amount of time, which is usually decided by the store or the manufacturer. Maybe they would have exchanged it if you had the receipt, maybe not, but without it they have no obligation to replace it.

• Ti
                  Tim.S May 16, 2012

Deezil my whole point of the matter is there is no proof either way that if what I did broke it or if it was because it was already broken that was the major contributeing factor. Regardless they seemed to have no problem selling a problem selling me a broken item and it even says on the recepit that they will not take back broken item's Despite that counsmer law says that the item in question has to be working for a reasonble ammount of time otherwise the coustmer may return it no matter what the store's warrenty say's. Even if this problem had not had not happend the point is they sold me a defective item. However Im not going to bother fileing a complaint with counsumer affair's or complaining to the Bb Gamestop has lost me as a coustmer forever I rather deal with a company that will stand behind their products and care about the coustmer's and not about their money.

GameStopeaster miracle... not

A Easter miracle in Tucson Gamestop

I decided to treat myself to a copy of Skyrim for my PS3, so off I went to my local Gamestop at Tucson Place. Once inside I asked the male assistant if they had a copy of Skyrim, he replied "only used" he told me it would cost $54.99, I said OK. It came in a generic box with no docs, just the disk, I asked if he had one with the original box, he said no. At this point I decided to go somewhere else for my game and thanked him. And then a miracle, the female assistant handed him a new sealed copy of Skyrim, out of thin air.
                He scanned the game and I proceeded to pay with my card, and behold, the new sealed copy of Skyrim was only $49.99.
                Now I must ask myself, after being lied to, and nearly cheated out of money, do I want to shop at Gamestop again? I very much doubt that.
                This complaint was removed from Gamestop's forum

GameStop — overcharged for used game

I bought 2 used games, of the 2 games 1 was marked $27.99. The sale was rang up and I paid. When I got to the...

GameStopaccepts stolen goods

If you are missing your gameing system call the police with your serial number first and have them check gamestop. They buy stolen game systems from people with identification and will not sell you back your system when you prove they have it.

• Fa
                      FATMAN WALKING Oct 19, 2012

That does not surprize me at all...Look at the people that work there...They look like x cons...

GameStop — corrupt/lazy staff

A few weeks ago, I decided to go buy a Turtle Beach Headset, knowing that there were two different kind...

GameStop.comdont order from them

I ordered two ps3 controllers on line for my son, x-mas present. on Saturday, 8 am. Then I got a confirmation e-mail that the order was processed. Yesterday I noticed (by chance) that my order was canceled and "sorry for the inconvenience" because of the price. I spent so much time with the order and thinking I was done, and did not shop for that item at the stores when I had off from work, then to find this out, this way, for a lousy $10 or $20, after all the money my son spends at the store with pre-ordered games, etc., I could not believe it !!! I did not even use any of his bonus points on his reward card
                    !!! Good luck if this is how you treat your customers.

I would like an apology and have my order processed as a valued customer. My order number is on my complaint and the reward card number is on the order.

Suit yourself on what you do, however, keep in mind, it will not be me, but it will be you, who will be "sorry for the inconvenience". Good luck .

• Pa
                        Patsy Fuller-Smith Mar 20, 2012

I preordered a copy of Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Special Edition in early February. When I paid in full I was told that what I ordered was the special edition, that indeed that they only had the special edition available for preorder. My daughter telephoned the store on February 18, 2012 and was told by a sales associate that she indeed was going to receive the specail edition.My daughter received a text message yesterday that her game would be available for pickup on Tueday March 20, 2012. I picked up the game and when my daughter opened the game she found that she had not received the special edition. I telephoned the store and was told that the special edition was discontinued before I placed my preorder and that said special edition was not availvable. I was lied to not once but twice, this an unfair business practice and my daughter who has dealt with Gamestop exclusively says she will never deal with Gamestop again not even if they were the last video game store. If I can't get some kind of satisfaction in this situation my only choice will be to file a complaint with The North Carolina Attorney General.

• La
                        Lazypages Jan 09, 2012

I'm sorry that happened too you, I had the same problem, but seeing how it was almost Christmas the store are filled up the includes the gamestop's server so you might have a problem ordering items offline and since (I'm taking a shot in the dark here) you used a credit card you could call them and ask for a reorder of the same item, they'll truly help. So if this help.

GameStopmislead info on promotion

G'day mate,

this is a disappointed email from me

this is apply to

GameStop
                      123 Grandview Blvd.
                      Madison, MS 39110
                      [protected]

This is ###! i went to USA during black friday on 2011 for purchase new ps3 for my 1st time. The supervisor female AA who work at that time mislead people, the promotion stated if buy 2 free 1 for pre-owned games. but when i purchase 12 games. they charge me on the expensive product. all the cheap products get free.
                      Example, supposedly, if i buy 2 of $10 games which equal to $20, i should get free 1 $10 as well (same value or less). However, I bought 12 games. all the expensive price is being charged and all those cheap get free. This is not fair. when I asked for cancelation and redo again, they told me they cant do that. unable to do so. did not give me any strong evident. they keep delaying me.
                      so, my conclusion is, i told them, this is unfair, I will return back all the pre-owned games and purchase again or i will return all my purchased of $517 (which include 320gb ps3, bundle of ps3 accessories). Guess what that female AA said, 'we cant do so or else return everything'.
                      i said, 'yes', i'l do that'.
                      she said we closing in 2mins (even though it was 8:20pm). so, i said, i will return it back tomorrow then, she said yes, we open at tomorrow at 10am, and i'l be here on that morning. she also stated, if i ever open the ps3, Im unable to return everything.

this is show how the customer service in Madison, MS, Gamestop.

what was really pissed me off as i spend my time more than 4 hours to search the best games especially on hot sale (which only sale on that day). a very good service from 2pm-6.30pm (i spend my time searching on the best deal). even the female AA was there on the counter.

anyway, in conclusion, it was unjustice which cheat customers with hidden agenda in their promotion. they also rather forgo sale if been noticed, in order to cheat people to get higher sale.

my question is, what is the wrong to return all the 12 games, and purchase it again rather than return it everything.. what a stupid decision.
                      In customer point of view, it really bring bad image to foreigner like me which im so disappointed with Gamestop in US. i rather purchase a little bit expensive products as long as they do not try to cheat me or mislead me.
                      for business point of view, such a stupid amateur mistake for supervisor / manager who in charge on that time. i rather return it back and let the customers choice again or at least for next time.

p/s: not to mention the supervisor female AA just add mislead information into my membership data on my address. she also show horrible service with bad impression.

IT WAS NOT KAYLA WHO on THE CASHIER i blame the most( even though she did many mistake or maybe the system, she also even throw my receiptt to the rubbish bin (i guess to close the evident)) BUT the horrible part is HER SUPERVISOR (a female curly African American) WHO look INCHARGE on that time (about 8.10- 8.30pm). which i so disappointed on her decision. She also bring my receipt alone with her in the office room, God knows what she did to the data receipt, hopefully, no more lying or misleading or delete evident.

only 1 person i like there is a cashier before kayla (a guy which help me the most (probably to gain more sale from me before his shift end)).

my detail receipt:
                      11/25/11 18:37
                      02704/04 - 148
                      326552 kayla

Powerup reward acc: # : [protected]
                      feedback number: 6G3EP - L2WFM

• Me
                          ME1986 Apr 10, 2014

You are kind of an idiot if you believe that it is misleading. Why would a company have you buy 2 cheap games and get an expensive game for free?

Eb Games/Gamestop — charged twice for purchase

The Game stop in Alabaster, AL is in the practice of hiring people that know how to manipulate the credit...