FreewalletAccount suspended and coins held hostage!

C Mar 24, 2021

Freewallet claims security and reputation/integrity as their core values. I've had a Freewallet since 2012 with no problems initially. I started small and I've been making Pay ins and one payout on Thursday September 14th 2017 without concern until the value grew and I tried to make another payout. On Thursday 28th January 2021 all of a sudden, my account was suspended after I tried to make a payout. Curiously I was still able to make pay ins but no longer able to do payouts. Then the requests began for "account and identity verifications" on an anonymous wallet. I have the phone, email, and transaction history, 2FA etc., but they wanted my photo, holding a current photo ID against a blank backdrop (it's an anonymous account!!!). All of my inquiries and attempts to contact were met only with requests for more information. I actually complied with the first requests...sending my picture, and even a current utility bill...and the account remained suspended. Now they are asking for the hash verifications, which of course, would allow them to open the wallet themselves. I'm at a stall, because I won't hand over any more information to them, and yet continue to have no access to the wallet except to payin more coins. I opened tickets with Freewallet support (TICKET ID# 268656, 272723, 278501) and they do not respond to any of my questions, or statements, only asking for more information. This reads scam behavior at the highest level and I need help to resolve the suspension. It was suspended sometime in the range of Thursday January 28 2021 to Friday January 29 2021 and yet I was able to make a pay in on Saturday March 6, 2021. Clearly they are willing to take my coins but unwilling to release MY COINS!!

My user number is beeac451

• Freewallet's response · Mar 25, 2021

Hello,

The verification procedure was initiated for your account. Checking our records, I can see that we've not received the information requested by us 16 days ago. I've duplicated our request; please make sure to check your inbox and get back to us. Thank you in advance!

• Updated by Coinex · Mar 28, 2021

Freewallet's response is a duplicate of the responses I have been receiving over the last few months. My questions are ignored and I am only asked for additional information. In addition to receiving this public response, I also received a private response on my email, from Mira, detailing even more information that Freewallet wants, including the hash verifications. If I were to provide this information, then Freewallet could have access to my other financial information that is not relevant to the current verification. I would also be exposed to significant risk for identity theft. This is an outrageous request, and I would ask Freewallet, and Mira, to publicly respond to these questions:

1) Your suspension of my account, after 3+ years of the same phone, email, operations, account pin, etc., is described as "suspicious activity (was) noted on your account". What "suspicious activity" you are observing?

2) I have detailed to you my possession of the phone, the email, the authenticator, the pin. How can ANYONE on the planet do this for you except me, the owner of the account?

3) Lastly, you have written that I am fully able to continue to use the account "during the verification process". I did a payin on March 6, 2021. Since I can do payins I obviously have account access, the 2FA, email, the account pin and device. No one else in the universe has this. I am only able to do payins, and no payouts. Why is that?

I have retained technical and legal experts to assist me in this matter, and we are establishing a clear, professional process to resolve this.

Please re-activate and end the suspension on my account or publicly explain in detail why you are justified in not doing so.

• Updated by Coinex · Apr 05, 2021

We have received another private response from FreeWallet, this time from Phillip, a Support Manager, who claims that "our customer support team has no control over blocking or unblocking withdrawals". He assures me that he "absolutely understand(s) the difficulties associated with this procedure for (me) and would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused". He then assured me that I "will be able to withdraw (my) funds once the verification procedure will be finished".

So, no response to my questions about why they have concerns; no response to my evidence of verification already provided; and no access to the people he says can block and unblock my withdrawals. What I'm seeing is that their "customer support" group functions as a shield for their verification group. I will reiterate that the verification group clarify their concerns and justify their process publicly, or unblock the wallet. Phillip, Mira, you represent one company. Act like it, if you want to have a reputation of integrity. Give me a phone number that I can call to speak with you.

Additionally, I would warn people who are considering using the FreeWallet services. After you have input your funds, are you prepared to provide all personal information, financial documents and hash verifications to unknown persons in the background, and STILL have no assurance of their process or their motives? I'm to just "trust FreeWallet"? I did that, through startup, inputs and now verifications, and am still without my coins. Consider my case carefully. I'd be happy to sing their praises if they were to live up to their claims of integrity and their processes actually made sense. However, currently, I can only raise serious concerns about the apparent shady practices.

• Updated by Coinex · Apr 09, 2021

I would like to respectfully ask FreeWallet if they would allow someone to contact me so we can discuss your concerns and I can understand how to resolve this. Thank you.

• Se
    Sean Joseph Brennan May 15, 2021

The last e mail is the beware it follows me GitHub Paypal everyone how I Dont know if you look at email capital letter on fake here is mine [email protected] this is correct my cell [protected] Verizon verified sorry about confusion on email but it's true and thank you for suspending wallet yes thief was Season butter field I think her pick was showed I asked her if she touched my phone she say no she lied I will need all documents from 0112018 to present thank you

• Se
    Sean Joseph Brennan May 15, 2021

Thank you ! For suspending this wallet because, i am Sean Brennan not the fake ones taking turns or logging in on other country a counts well I'm Sean I will be in touch my e mail [email protected]@gmail.com