Goldline International Logo

Goldline International

Having problems with Goldline International?

Goldline International reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 20, 2008. The latest review ripped off was posted on May 23, 2013. The latest complaint ripped off was resolved on May 23, 2013. Goldline International has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 8 reviews. Goldline International has resolved 4 complaints.

Goldline International Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Goldline International Customer Service. Initial Goldline International complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Goldline International above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Goldline International. Discuss the issues you have had with Goldline International and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Goldline International Complaints & Reviews

Goldline Internationalripped off

Do not get wrapped up with this company. It will take you years, if ever to make a profit buying gold from Goldline. Their fraudulent names for commissions are unreal, add on shipping and you are finished. I thought since Glenn Beck and other reputable people endorsed them, they would be on the up and up. NOPE. Don't be me...I am writing this experience off as an expensive learning curve.

Goldline International — gold coin investing

I had a very negative experience with Goldline. I decided to create a blog about it empower others and help...

Goldline International of Santa Monica — Investment coins

I had the worst investment experience of my life with Goldline International. Specifically with Michael Drake...

Goldline International/Gold — Pricing and Money not refunded

Several months ago I called Goldline for prices on some Gold coins. I told them that I wanted $30, 000 worth...

Goldline InternationalBad Faith deal

In March of 2009 I bought what was suppose to be 35K worth of Silver hedge and believed tha Silver was going up. So here is the story. I kept asking him how much the coins were and He kept saying " hey they are based on the Spot rate today." So since Silver was 12.09 that day I would be getting them for around 9.25 a coin." that all sounds great if ou are taling silver dollars beause of that 35% UP FRONT LOAD HE TALKED ABOUT. Trouble was not only was that more than 35%, we were taking about Kennedy B U 1964 Half Dollars that they only had a few of.. A once in a LIfetime OPPORTUNITY>... Yeah to be Suckered like Never Before...

ok, so here are todays numbers. Silver went from 12.00 to 19 dollars and ounce. (Last month) I go to sell back to them and am told I can have 7.73 per coin. Remember that if you take two Silver halfs they are roughly 77% of a troy ounce. NOW I can not get back ANY PHONES calls from them. (there is a reason they kept telling me your have to hold these 3 - 5 years... That is how long before people get wise to them. The only reason I trusted them was because they had ads on Fox News and I trusted their reputation!!!

You see they got me for more than 50% up front and now on the back end will get me again ... I am thinking the first line of defense is the Attorney General in California. Everyone should contact them first to see if Goldline will fall in fairness before being shut down and pay us what is fair in order to get us to shut up.

Also worth noting, The reason I first called them I wanted to buy Silver Eagles. This would have been the only way I could have seen them playing their game and also should have been given almost twice the amount of Silver as I recieved. The way they talked me out of Silver Eagles was buy telling me when I sold them back them to they would have to 1099 me and report to the IRS my profit. (ANOTHER LIE.) There are no reporting requirements on Silver Eagles!!! Lets Sue them for our Rightful profit... I am in.

These are suppose to be considered personal Assets. Well as of today they are person alright. If Silver does climb to $50 an ounce in 2010 no harm no foul... As I know at some point I can break even.. However I will have lost the profit I first asked for. Today I see I can buy Sliver Eagles for 10, 799 a box of 500. By the time Silver hits $50 that same box will cost $25, 000 just so I can break even.. What a lost oppotunity. I am ticked and ready for battle.. Lets put these crooks out of business. Caomplain to who ever you can think of and lets get this ball rolling.

• Ni
        nicnews Jul 28, 2010

I'm with CBS2 in Los Angeles. If you'd be willing to share your experience with us, could you call me at [protected]?

Thanks,
        Nicolette
        [protected]

• Az
        AZFlyer Jun 18, 2010

" For me, having bought private gold coins "

There is no such thing as "private gold coins". Gold coins are gold coins. Unless they are numismatic coins, they are worth what the gold in them is worth. The "private gold" label is just a sales gimmick to get you to buy obscenely overpriced coins like French Roosters, instead of buying real bullion like American Eagles or Canadian Maples (at 3% - 4% markup).

Much like buying a used car, if your only source of information is a commercial or a salesman, you are guaranteed to get hosed.

If I were you, I'd tell my story to the FTC. While there is no law against charging your customers obscene prices, if they lied to you to get you to pay those prices that's a different kettle of fish.

LostGold Jun 08, 2010

" (Last month) I go to sell back to them and am told I can have 7.73 per coin. "

Is that more than other dealers were offering. The way they justify their HUGE spread is by buying back with 1% spread to market - but it's HUGELY front loaded - so yes, you will miss out on much profit. I want to know what you could have bought and sold $35, 000 worth of Silver Eagles for (not to make you feel bad, but to compare apples to apples.) For me, having bought private gold coins - I will need to have gold increase 50% in price, to make up the HUGE 35% front end. Even if you pay a relatively high 20% on the backend - they charge you almost twice as much on the front end. IMHO, it's certainly a racket.

My story is on this link:
        Goldline International — Terrible experience

Are you going to go to arbitration - or are you thinking about suing them?

Best to you and yours - respectfully.

Goldline InternationalSold me expensive product

We were new to investing in precious metals and wanted advice from a reputable company on a hedge against the falling dollar. We saw Goldline's ad on Glenn Beck. Checked out thier web site and saw they were endorsed by Glenn Beck, Mark Levin and Laura Ingrum so we felt they must be reputable. I did do some reading before I called Goldline about gold and silver and read that the best best basic investment for new gold and silver investors was gold and silver bullion coin. When I called the sales rep at Goldline and told him what I was interested in he told me a better investment was a numismatic (collector) coins called the Austrian Ducet. He said it would be a little more expensive but in the long run a better investment. Excited about my investment I began reading more and found out that when calling some gold companies unscrupulous salespeople will try to sell collector coins to novices because novices don't know the difference and the dealer makes far more on collector coins. On further reading I found that unless you really know what you are doing with numismatic coins you rarely come out on them. We were horrified and called Goldline and asked for a refund. They flatly refused. So we learned an expensive lesson and hope from our experience others will avoid dealing with Goldline. I'm sure there are honest gold dealers out there just be very careful.

MadelynM Jun 25, 2011

We need to sue other gold dealers, along with Goldline; such as Merit Financial;
          Kevin DeMerritt, Lear Financial, and Rosland Financial; Marin Alexoff; read about their deceptive and illegal practices..go to /link removed/ and look at the complaints filed against them; and the lawsuit against Kevin DeMerritt a few years ago. Now that we don't have any US Representatives investigating these people anymore. Consumer Protection is now left up to us...I am too, a victim ; read my report on the above; I can be contacted at [email protected]
          Also; contact the LADA and the Santa Monica DA; they have all the complaints and do nothing about it. I would be ashamed to allow businesses such as these continue operating in any city I live in.

• ConsumerFraudLawyer Jun 09, 2010

Please contact the law firm of Craft Hughes Law, P.C. about your complaint with Goldline International, Inc. We are investigating a nationwide class action and would like to speak with you. Please call [protected] or e-mail me at [email protected] Website is http://www.crafthugheslaw.com.

Thanks,
          -Craft

LostGold May 24, 2010

Please let me add - Goldline sells you on two aspects - 'private' or numismatic gold (with the 'threat' of an Obama/FDR like confiscation of gold hanging out there.) So they steer you away from registered gold coins like the Krugerrand, Gold Eagle, and Maple Leaf, and into, in my case French Angels (.1876 troy weight gold) which are pre-1933 'private', gold. I was led down a primrose path to believe that the 35% premium they charged was part of the value of these 'private' gold coins, and that when gold rose, of course the value of the French angels would rise.

I've since learned that you could purchase the same coin I bought at $409 for about $253 to $270 give or take depending on the spot price of gold.

The second thing they sell you on, is their buy back promise, which is within 1% of the market price for the coins at the time they buy back from you. And they will buy them back. That's fine and dandy, but 35% front end loaded cost will minimize your gold holdings and set you in a hole to begin with - so the buyback is only after you've tossed 35% out the door. I'm still stunned. I've since called around and determined that you can pretty easily sell your French angels or what have you, and while there may be some discount for doing so, imho, that approach far outweighs the 35% front end load that Goldline charges, imho. Goldline also tries to scare you into thinking that when Gold goes way up ('like it did in the 1980s') that unscrupulous gold dealers will charge 10 to 20% back end premiums, or even up to 50%. I've determined that I'd have to suffer a 23% back end discount to make my 'investment' as horrid, as what Goldline just did to me.

Please do your homework, as I only did mine too late. I feel dumb, dumb, dumb, having relearned that lesson.

LostGold May 24, 2010

Wow. Do I feel like a sucker. I bought 25 French angels about 14 days ago. I bought because everyone has been advising to buy gold. I now see that bought at a stiff premium at Goldline - and feel so suckered that I didn't check that price before giving the approval. I too thought that those endorsers must have meant that this was a reputable, market driven firm, when really it appears they are solely a MARKETING/SCAM driven firm.

• Jr
          jrj150 May 12, 2010

the same thing happened to me. I bought coins a year ago for 316 apiece. Even with gold going up 200 bucks since then my coins are STILL cheaper on other sites. I disappointed in Beck, Levin, and all of those guys for endorsing a place that rips people off.

Goldline International — Terrible experience

Several years ago, I filled out an online form of Goldline Interntional's to receive some literature...

Goldline International — racist, scamm! be careful!

I am a worker at this place. all the salesmen are creepy. they want to make a killing off of you, no matter...