Having problems with Vanguard?

Vanguard Customer Service Contacts

14321 N. Northsight Blvd.
Scottsdale, Arizona

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Vanguard Customer Service. Initial Vanguard complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Vanguard above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Vanguard. Discuss the issues you have had with Vanguard and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Vanguard Complaints & Reviews

VanguardLoss of checkwrting services on Prime account. Bounced check

Vanguard required me to change my Prime Money Market Fund to a Vanguard Cash Reserve Money Market Fund. As a result, unknown to me, there are no check writing options in the Cash Reserve Fund and my Prime checks are no longer honored.
I found this out after I put a deposit on a car and the Prime check was not not accepted. To Vanguards credit they did send me a message just in time today as I was going to pick up the car tomorrow a 100 miles away.
I, of course, quickly called the dealer to try to explain why the check bounced.
I have not bounced a check in 50 years! I did call Vanguard and was told that Vanguard did nor have checking on the cash fund they required me to move my funds from my Prime account. Because of the time I had to pay $10 to have an electronic transfer to have the funds in my local bank by tomorrow. If I bounced a check for the full amount I would no longer be your customer. Not sure what I will do now.

VanguardNo response on inquiry as to the status of my attempt to transfer my TR Price brokerage account to Vanguard

Approximately 3 weeks ago I sent in the required paper work to transfer my TR Price brokerage account and my wife's brokerage account to our joint Vanguard account. On three different occasions during this period I called Vanguard to check on my request. A recording noted I had an outstanding request and transferred me to a Mr. Eanoti's voice mail. None of my messages to him resulted in a return call.
    Today I managed to talk with a person in your "Onboarding" department who tried to help me but indicated that things were backed up as a result of Covid . He could not even tell me if the paperwork had arrived.
    My experience with Vanguard has me questioning my decision to move my investment to you company.
    I request that someone with the status to accomplish something call me and advise as to what is happening
    Hubert Speckard [protected] [protected]@msn.com

Vanguard"Proxy" Letter for Vanguard Funds Special Meeting of Shareholders, January 22, 2021

VANGUARD
      I hereby submit this written complaint that:
      • Vanguard failed to mail my Vanguard "Proxy" letter early enough to arrive at my residence before the Vanguard Special Funds Online Meeting, apparently conducted on January 22, 2021. Specifically, I received this undated Vanguard "Proxy" letter via USPS that contained "Instructions for attending the Vanguard Funds Special Meeting of Shareholders" on January 25, 2021, after the January 22, 2021 online meeting. Specifically, these instructions included: online conference Control Number, Security Code, URL and password information.
      • The Vanguard "Proxy" Letter assistance phone number: [protected] is apparently defunct.
      I do not contest the Vanguard "Proxy" Letter's assertion that some or all of the aforementioned online conference access information was provided to me in November 2020. However, Vanguard's late mailing of its undated Vanguard "Proxy" Letter was nonetheless unprofessional.
      I submit this complaint to prevent similar problems in conduct of future Vanguard online conferences.
      PHIL MARTIN

VanguardA UGTM account - I am the Custodian

I contacted Vanguard by phone today, 1/21/21, about a UGTM account I have had for years. I am the custodian and I requested them to change the delivery of statements from hard copy via USPS to an email delivery. I was told the account did not qualify for email delivery due to some vague regulation, despite that their website does specifically state that the custodian may change this feature.

I asked for the representatives information but he denied to provide that to me again quoting their regulations.

Due to this being a financial holding, I am unable to provide any specific account numbers or details. My email contact is [protected]@outlook.com

A UGTM account - I am the Custodian

VanguardVanguard not the same without John Vogel

A difficult, weeks-long battle betw Computershare & Vanguard led to a compassionless, absurdly rude Vanguard rep, Meghan, scolding me about providing a wrong address (it was correct- minus the 4 digit zip code extension THEY added).
          I said ‘that was pretty shi**ty'. She said because I used profanity she'd end the call. I said ‘see ya!'

VanguardDoctor park

I went to a doctor Monday, May 18 with a severe spider bite. My upper arm was so red, swollen, & a huge green hole in the center. The doctor gave me instructions to build my immune system by eating broccoli, beans, & drinking green tea. He said it was an ant bite & gave me topical creams & claratin. I had to go to another doctor to get anti-biotics. If a doc can't tell an ant bite from wood recluse maybe he shouldn't be a doctor!

Feb 21, 2020

Vanguard — Hardship Withdrawal

Submitted a spousal approval form with notorized signature of spouse however forgot to sign my signature...

Vanguard — customer service

I am extremely offended and can not believe the way I was just treated by a Daphne Taylor in your withdrawal...

Vanguard — hardship withdrawal

I submitted a request for a hardship withdrawal for funeral expenses and medical expenses for my wife. I had...

Vanguard — profiling

My father passed away in August of this year and he did not have life insurance, wasn't sure what I was going...

Vanguard — 401k

i have being losing my money cause they do not have trained personal to process your problems. i have fill...

Vanguard FundsInvestments

You may save on fund fees at Vanguard but take it from a 30 year successful investment professional that has his 401k with Vanguard. Fees and performance are two seperate things.
              Also, service is important.
              I wait an hour and am transfered several times at Vanguard before getting service.
              The saying "You always get what you pay for". Sometimes you get less!

Vanguard401K Loan

They have terrible customer service. I have been hung up on, lied to, and subjected to very condescending remarks. I have had problems with them in the past but this recent issue trumps them all. I am even more motivated to find another job just to be rid of them. They don't even know their own formulas and policies as a result they are costing me more money waiting for them to provide information on my loan availability. I am so frustrated at this point I would prefer using a loan shark at least I know what's involved ( you either pay the loan back or we break your legs). Its beyond painful when you are requesting a loan on your own money in which you yourself should have a right to. Does anyone know who actually monitors the actions of these companies? Is there an official governmental agency or non affiliate group that will investigate my issue? I don't understand how they stay in business, I have seen many negative posts about them. Beware! All that glitters is not gold, in fact your gold may never be seen again. I don't know how the people that work for them sleep at night. I wouldn't be able to knowing that the company I work for is not customer service oriented and lacks integrity. I really feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with them, and they give them the run around as they are doing to me. In this economy its difficult enough to save anything and then you have these people who work against your own personal financial goals. It horrible and I want out!

Vanguard — 401K

Viewing Vanguard customer service complaints 1 - 25 out of 127 Next » 26 Jan Posted by sunshinekat ...

Vanguard — Extremely frustrated dealing with company

It took four tries, and 3 trips to the notary public, to get an account transferred and online. Even the...

Vanguard Group — Refusal to allow access to my funds

I have a 457b plan with Vanguard and I am not happy with the performance. I wanted to roll it over to a...

Vanguard GroupRefuse to pay out my closed account to me

I had a company sponsored 401K in 2001/2002. In 2002 I became unemployed after a massive stroke. I recently remembered the account and attempted to contact Vanguard about it. They wanted to know the address on the account. I gave them the last address I had used. They told me that was not the address on the account. I was advised to contact the benefits office and have them change it. I did that. I called again and gave them the new address. Was told again it was wrong. The person at Vanguard proceeded to tell me it was the address I had used before. I told him I had used that address but had been told it was wrong. He said well that was what his screen showed now. He put me through to someone so I could close the account. She proceeds to tell me the account has been closed and it has the old address. The check was never cashed so she can issue a new check but I need to send a fax stating my current address and then call back to get the monies sent to me. I do this. The next week I call back and once again am told neither the current address or the old address is correct. I must ask the benefits office to correct the address. I do that. Then I get a letter from Vanguard saying the address has been updated to the new address. I call again and they tell me my current address is not what is on file even though they sent me a letter saying it is. They finally agree to have management call me in 3 days to resolve this. Three days pass and I get the phone call. According to the manager the closing of the account, the mailing of the check to an old address and their inability to get my address correct is all my fault. Supposedly they are going to cut a new check and send it to my current address. Today I got a letter from them stating they had again changed my address but wouldn't tell me to what for security reasons. I'll believe they will get it right when I see the check. Do not do business with this bunch of clowns.

Vanguard — Bad service

Vanguard, "the people's mutual fund firm" has made it astonishingly difficult to roll over IRA fund...

Valley Forge