Fred MeyerPharmacy practices

D Mar 31, 2020

I am a physician who is retired due to a disability (so I have intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the medical/pharmacy systems). I went to fill a prescription yesterday at Fred Meyer, it was a "partial fill" of a prescription that I had filled there one month ago. The prescription was written for an amount larger than insurance would cover so the remainder was carried over in the form of a partial refill, which is a common and perfectly acceptable practice.
Insurance wasn't covering the partial refill so I informed the pharmacy I'd simply pay cash for it. The prescription was a controlled substance and the price they quoted me was $59. I immediately showed them the GOOD RX price, WHICH CLEARLY SHOWED THE EXACT MEDICATION, DOSE AND AMOUNT and FRED MEYER PHARMACY WAS THE FIRST LISTED PHARMACY, AS THEY HAD THE BEST PRICE OF $8.06! The pharmacy tech said they would not honor it as it was a controlled substance. I KNOW THIS TO BE UNTRUE AS I HAVE PAID CASH FOR CONTROLLED PRESCRIPTIONS THERE IN THE PAST AND THEY DID ACCEPT THE GOOD RX PRICE AS ADVERTISED! She reiterated that they would not honor the price, despite the fact it WAS VERY CLEARLY ADVERTISED AS SUCH, so I requested that she transfer the prescription to another pharmacy listed on the Good Rx app (the MOST expensive price of ANY listed pharmacy was $11.54) but she informed me that since it was a partial refill of a controlled substance that they could not transfer it. I informed the lady of this and in the background (not sure if it was a pharmacist or a tech) this guy seemed to make light of the situation and loudly remarked "Well I guess this is what happens when we have you by the balls."
I am requesting a refund of $48.93, the amount of money which I was forced to OVERPAY. My contact information is: [protected]@gmail.com and my cell# is [protected].
Thank you for your kind attention regarding this matter.
Sincerely,