Complaints & Reviews

racism

THE TRUTH ABOUT- FOOD LION STORES in Aiken, SC : Definately THE WORST DEPARTMENT STORE, in The C.S.R.A., The manager is a racist, evil woman, and she keeps hiring & employed -degenerate, ghetto-fied employees, who are lousy at customer service and keeping the store organized or clean, and the food at their grocery store is overpriced, & you never save any money shopping there!! Plus they treat loyal black customers badly, even pulling some of the racist business policies as WAL-MART, framing, setting up & harassing black men who shop or try to get a job working there.

will not wait on consumers

I was in Food Lion and purchased my groceries and got a call from my wife to pick up Tahini Sauce. I asked the clerk and was told he wasn't from here. The clerk in the check out lane next to him the told him to ask the manager and with a cringe he did. The lady behind me stated (people just don't serve the public like they use too). He came back and said Isle 3. I left my groceries and went to look. No Tahini sauce. So I went back and ask someone up front in the managers office. They called for the manager. 20 minute had past and I needed to put my groceries up. The manager walked right by me I stopped him and asked him where could I find Tahini sauce he said he didn't have time and opened up another Isle. I stood in front of him and told him (you have very poor service here and I just got blown off by three people not wanting to help me and I have groceries to get home)you know it didn't even register to him.

Ann Pittman Jan 06, 2013

I want to comment on there steaks every cut from. ribeye on down, the are so tough you cant chew them, thats a shame for the price you pay for them.

• Ro
    robert william walker,jr Feb 27, 2013

for at least 1 month, maybe more the store brand canned biscuits will not rise and the use by date is good.

stay away

I am tired of my bags bursting before I can get them into the house from my car. I have lost 2 bottles of apple juice in the last 2 weeks. I am part of the unemployed due to lay offs, so every penny I spend with you counts. When I pick up a bag by the handle, I expect it to be strong enough to hold what the bagger has put into it.

Walmart double bags bottles of liquid. Follow their lead or lose customers. Why are your bags so week? Cutting cost?

store manager steve whitley

tonight i went into the foodlion close to me to purchase some toilet paper soap and i was also looking for a...

worthless customer service

I have called there customer no service twice concerning isles being so crowded with product that it is very hard to operate electric cart. I have made it clear there is no desire to be compensated in any way the only fix I seek is to have isles clearly passable there are areas of the store a person with mobility issues can not even thinking about going. On my last visit there was a large display blocking entry to one side of store I was told GM ordered blocking area due to shoplifting. It is great having lots of product yet can not spend money if you can not get to products,

totaly not senetary in the meat department

i shopped at food lion today and never seen a mess like this. i bought several items including meats and upon...

customer service

The customer service is so poor I went to get a money order and it took over five minutes for someone to help...

4 comments Providence Forge Employees

old food

Food Lion is not a great grocery store. They sell old food and old tobacco. Once my dad bought a box of sausage biscuits there and they had mold on them.

Yesterday I bought a can of Copenhagen snuff there. I didn't pay attention to the date on the bottom. It was made seven months ago in May. When I opened it, it was ruined.

Food Lion used to be cheap but now their prices are higher. We go to Wal-mart now to get groceries. Wal-mart doesn't sell old food. If you shop at Food Lion, you may want to consider shopping somewhere else.

• Vi
    Vincent Boirg Jan 15, 2010

Sir/Madam
    in the last two occasions that we purchased Lion TEA the ones that contain 250 bags in both occasions we found in one Packet there were 19 bags that were empty and in the other one there were 22 bags that were empty. The bags as such were in the packet but they were empty as they were not sealed properly so the tea was loose in the main packet.
    We find this to be veru unusual as we have been purchasing Lion tea for many many years. Can you please advise.
    Yours
    Vincent Borg

• Vi
    Vincent Boirg Jan 15, 2010

Pkease advise what action can I take if any

very trashy place

I have lived on Deal Island Road in Princess Anne, MD since May of 2009, and I have just gotta make a comment about the Food Lion Grocery store that is in this town. This Food Lion has to be the WORST Food Lion I have ever shopped in... It's not the store or the products on the shelves... it's the employees(besides the mice running behind the stuff on the shelves) The employees are just simply rude and have no customer service skills. OK, don't get me wrong, I'm in a grocery store, I don't expect much when I cash out, but at least the cashier could speak or make eye contact.. say "hello" or something.. I swear I was in the store today, I went in to get a money order. I walked in and went straight to the Customer Service counter. There was a guy on the outside of the counter looking at some paper work laid out on the counter, and a girl behind the counter looking at the paper work as well. It was obvious to me that the two of them were working on some type of inventory/numbers..etc. So, being the polite person that I try to be.. I step up to the counter and the guy turns and looks at me and gives me this "look" you know "that" look that says "who the *** are you" well, I shrug it off, and I stand there and look twords the girl behind the counter... I know she sees me there as she communicates back and forth with the dude on my side of the counter... they continue to call off numbers or what-have-you to one another as she enters information into the computer. She looks up and down, back up and back down.. by now it's way more than obvious that she knows I am there... but I still stand there. I step to the right of the dude on my side of the counter, then I step back and step to the left... finally the girl says..."Are you waiting for something... a money order or something?" I'm gonna stop there on this story, let me just say I ended up walking out.. I mean I know that by this visit, they only lost a few cents for the purchase of the money order, but this last visit was my very last. The time I was in there before this time was a few weeks ago (since I avoid shopping in there at all costs) I was buying items to make Chili. OMGosh the cashier was a real winner... She does not look at me once as she scans the items I'm about to purchase. I said "how are you doing" from the get-go and I swear she grunted something... scanned my items with this attitude.. kinda snatching my items as she scanned them, and as she finished scanning them, she reached down under the register or in her pocket and put something in her mouth and mumble the words "MVP?" had I not made out the words MVP, I would have never known what she muttered.. and of course as I grab my bags to leave I say "thank you" and she does not even acknowledge me, just looks down and scans the next customers items... I won't bother mentioning the other rude ignorant experiences I've had in this Food Lion, but after today..I've had enough. I know that this is Princess Anne and well... need I say more? I live way down on Deal Island road, way back in the woods, for now on I will drive that extra 10 miles to Salisbury, even if it is for can of tomatoes or a head of lettuce. Princess Anne Food Lion, Your employees are bad for business! not kind not friendly, not plesent and have made me and my roomate very uncomfortable and we advise all of our family members not to shop there. Very trashy place

shoplifters welcome

All shoplifters in Durham know it is alright to shoplift at Foodlion on Sherron rd.Theft has become a big...

do I really even work there

I am 16 years old and was eager to get my first job. I applied to ffodlion and that same day i got called to...

[Resolved] improper handling of suspected shoplifting

My friend and I use power chairs and frequently go grocery shopping together. Oftentimes my friend does so by...

do I have a job

I was hired at Food Lion 3 months ago I still haven't went to work yet, I went to a interview I was told...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices