Fitness 19incorrect cancelation

N

A clerk who was canceling my membership very conveniently misunderstood that I was canceling the whole family (including a separate charge for using the child care center). I am continually billed for the gym that no one in my family has used for 3 months because "my husband is still a member". The manager (Anthony) is very rude and stated that "I had a personal vendetta" against Fitness 19. Buyer Beware!

• Th
    The Reader Jun 13, 2010

Hi!

I have read the complaints about Fitness19 and while some complaints may raise valid concern I have to disagree with many of the customer’s complaints based their personal situation. The whole concept behind Fitness19 is to introduce a low cost no frills facility for people to come in and use exercise equipment. Even after the initial sign up fee and monthly membership fee, you cannot go out and buy a single piece of exercise equipment for the yearly total amount. The following year is even less! If you want juice bars, snack bars, shower facilities then go somewhere else and pay the close to $400.00 dollar yearly annual membership fee.

Concerning all the misunderstanding of what a monthly fee is, Fitness19 should simply have a minimum six-month membership and a twelve-month membership per individual option only. Take it or leave it. I joined Fitness19 and I paid for the entire year up front. The only thing that I questioned was when the person explained to me for the second year the fee would be slightly more if I paid up front versus having billed periodically. I said that made no sense at all and she eventually written in the contract that the renewal fee of 12 times the advertised locked in monthly amount. No problem.

To the person who actually wanted to suspend the membership fee for one month because of not going to use the facility, all I could say is what tact! The low monthly fee and you had requested not be billed for a month because you are not going to be using the facility… If I were the manager, I would show you the door…. There is no such thing as a pay when I want to pay option in any contract!

The free health assessment is free I have no idea why they would attempt to bill you for further personal training sessions unless you signed up for them. Please define ridiculous monthly fee for six months….

Make sure you ask questions and completely understand what it is you are agreeing to. Give me a break….

• Co
    Concerned Pissed off Mar 22, 2011

i agree they have the worst business practices in the gym business. Consumers beware as well there so called director of personal training hires trainers without asking for copies of the certifications or copies of there fitness degrees!