Fingerhutsafeline plus

G

I never realized that I was being charged for safeline plus on my account... I called to request it removed or have proof of enrollment and was told I can only be refunded for the past 60 days... I tried to ask for a phone number to safeline plus but was told there was none.. I will be contacting the BBB and the Attorney Generals Office.. This is illegal and fingerhut needs to know this

• Tr
    Tracey Baird May 31, 2021

I have been fighting with Fingerhut and this safeline Insurance. I have filled out all necessary papers for that insurance to cover payments My place where I worked for 10 plus years closed. So all the late fees and interest is now sitting on my credit. They block me from being able to log into my account. and well just and truly i feel so violated. Plus i just received a statement for June and they took safeline off and change all the up to date charges. Right now cant afford an attorney but im so angry this just stinks. And frankly im so tired of them ripping customers off and it is suppose to be ok.
    Thanks

Tracey B

• Sn
    SniQersBites Sep 27, 2021

@Tracey Baird Take all your documents, emails, phone records, bills, statements, etc down to your local police department and file fraud charges against Fingerhut/Safeline.
    It's a start.
    Be that Squeaky Wheel!
    I am. More like the hemmorhoid they didn't know they had..

• Je
    Jessica Mitchell0421 Dec 09, 2020

If safeline will not help with a temporary lay off due to covid19 state closures what is the purpose for paying for there services.

• Na
    NatalieThull Sep 26, 2020

For Nine years, Fingerhut has fraudulently added this "Safeline Plus Insurance." A total of $1032.48 they have charged us

Has anyone received a refund of the whole amount that they fraudulently added to your account? I just discovered for the past nine years, they have added Insurance onto our Fingerhut account, and I NEVER REQUESTED IT - Ever it's a total of $1032.48 that was taken from us, and we never authorized it!!!

Has anyone taken them to court? Is there a class action lawsuit going on?

• Di
    Dina Watson Mar 26, 2021

@NatalieThull If not we should get one started. I never noticed they were charging me for a service I didn’t ask for. They said I must have clicked button yet cannot show me proof

• Sn
    SniQersBites Sep 27, 2021

@Dina Watson I've just gone through the process of being denied access to the website Safelink 'error' message.. and hung up on promptly when I try opting out of the insurance.. fraudulent i might add.
    Went back and forth with the female who answered my call at Fingerhut. She's doing her job, i get that. BUT when a person says I want to opt out, they should be allowed. It's illegal to hold someone against their will, it should be the same to take someone's money or charge them erroneous charges, in the process.
    My point being, if you move towards a CLASS ACTION SUIT ---COUNT ME IN!!

My next step is to file charges for fraud with my local police department.
    Squeaky wheel gets the grease, Ya'll.
    Get LOUD & COLORFUL!
    Get the attention of the CEO, and let his or her tactics be KNOWN!

Fingerhut is expecting any one who has an account with them, to be desparate enough to need credit to take what is being dished out and not fight...

• Ro
    Rod G Aug 04, 2020

Hey everybody,

Same thing happened to me and they refused to refund me close to 600 dollars. I never signed up for safeline plus. When I asked for proof of my sign up, they were unable to furnish it. I think a class action lawsuit is in order here. I will be seeking counsel about this and see if this can be sent to court against fingerhut!

• Br
    Bruce Warchol May 29, 2019

SafeLine is a sham just like Fingerhut is. Poor or minimal explanations of anything in their printouts, and it is designed to do nothing but add to your monthly bill. I tried opening up a claim with these con artists and of course was denied, because they claim dates of my illness don't match. I am currently filing for Disability Insurance and under a Doctors care, so what more evidence do these frauds need ?? Stay away from them at all costs and Fingerhut as well. Since Fingerhut owns them you know it is shady...The apple does not fall far from the tree.

• Ni
    Nicole Mikels Apr 17, 2018

I just found this safeline plus on my billing statement which I haven't noticed before because I always just pay online. I cancelled the only offered a 60 day refund...I didn't even know what safeline plus was and didn't sign up for it. I requested a full refund. They said the would call me back for that. I asked to be transferred to that department and they said they can't. That I would have to wait 3 to 5 business days and they couldn't do anything for me. I am livid. What kind of [censor] company can get away with this. Not even offer anyone to help with your issue.

• Ji
    Jimmy Beith May 20, 2017

somthing needs to be don they are ripping of alot of ppeople they signed me up 3 years for safeline crap i never even new what it is ive been disabled for 10 years already what do i need it for i need some hlp im suing them in class action if any body wants to join in contact me [email protected] im jimmy

• Le
    legarita Jan 24, 2017

I'm having the same problem, just found out that Fingerhut signed me up for safeline Plus. I say Fingerhut signed me up because I never authorized
    this service. Called Safeline they have no record of any authorization and Fingerhut doesn't have any either. Trying to get my money refunded. This might end up in a court. Canceled Safeline and closed my Fingerhut account. Don't trust either on.

• Ca
    Carolyn Ralph May 25, 2016

After years of paying for this insurance, which I don't remember ordering because I was retired until just before needing it, it only made one payment after I was admitted to the hospital on February 24 and stayed in Rehab until March 11. I'm still receiving home health care and am under the care of several doctors. I still can't return to work and it's May 25th. Safeline says I have to be in the hospital for 30 days. I can't find that anywhere in the Safeline Summary and can't find a more complete statement of benefits anywhere. This is definitely a scam!

• Sh
    Shelley J May 25, 2016

I am so mad right now. Just noticed that I have been charged for the last several months on my Fingerhut account this Safeline Plus crap.

Cancelled their service over the phone, they didn't offer me any refund when I told them that I NEVER signed up for their service. Wrote them another email telling them that I will not pay my bill until these charges are removed. This is so maddening and it is just plain WRONG!!

• Na
    Naronia Parks Jan 18, 2016

I found out that safeline plus has been charging me since April of 2015. Said that I called in to sign up for it which is not true. They are ripping people off and Fingerhut needs to do something .

Jack Collins Nov 10, 2015

Same thing happened to me. I got a lawyer right now, sitting here, filling out the paperwork. They charged my account 17.11 to the tune of 400.00 before i noticed this on the balance. They refunded 33 bucks. And, won't send me documention of my enrollement, so, the lawyer is filling out the paperwork we are suing.

Do not use Fingerhut no matter what.

• Ms
    Ms.Jeffers Nov 29, 2016

@Jack Collins Did you and your attorney get results you were seeking?

Christina Perez Gonzalez Aug 27, 2015

The number I called for Safeline is [protected]. I received a partial refund, requested all of it to be refunded. Will be waiting.

• Al
    Allen clanton Apr 06, 2015

I experienced the same thing. I never signed up for any safeline plus and I have never use that service and they have been charging me for it for the last 6 years and I just found out about it. They are very apologetic but it leads to nowhere I have been calling and calling and calling requesting to have my money refunded and they just keep telling me somebody will contact me but they never do. I will be seeking legal advice because this is fraud. They cannot legally charge you for any service you did not use or sign up for

• Ms
    Ms.Jeffers Jan 25, 2017

@Allen clanton Did you get a lawyer?

• Ci
    Cindy Mag Feb 18, 2015

I recently found that Safeline has been charging my account monthly for 8 months. I did review the information when it was offered, but did not sign up when I read the terms and conditions. There is currently a "case" set up for me to receive a refund and as the person above stated, the Rep was very sympathetic. Has anyone received their refund? Also I found that no only are you charged for a service that you did not sign up for but Fingerhut also collects interest on that charge. I would suggest that you contact Fingerhut when and if you receive a refund and ask for the interest on these charges be refunded as well.

• Fl
    Flash Tidings Jan 16, 2015

I.m experiencing the same situation with both my Fingerhut account and my Gettington account. I finally received a call from Safeline in that I didn't sign up for it. The representative I spoke with was sympathetic once I explained that I was self-employed and completely aware that Safeline Insurance wouldn't benefit me. When I spoke with Fingerhut collections they were very supportive and understood my reason for not paying due to accruing interest as a result of Safeline's Insurance policy. Hopefully Safeline will deduct the $1, 200 quickly.

• Gl
    gloria clyde Mar 04, 2014

i have an account with fingerhut, they have been charging with some kind of insurance plus safeline, was able to cancel the insurance but not safeline, no telephone number available, how could a bussiness do this?Is this legal?