Having problems with Fingerhut?

Fingerhut Customer Service Contacts

1660 Highway 100 S. Suite 500
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fingerhut Customer Service. Initial Fingerhut complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fingerhut above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fingerhut. Discuss the issues you have had with Fingerhut and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fingerhut Complaints & Reviews

Feb 25, 2021

Fingerhut — Customer service/credit report

Merchandise credit was not correct and now the balance is on my credit report in which no one at Finger hut...

Fingerhutsafeline

Lost income because of Covid family member had a stroke unable to return to credit bureaus, you cannot get a person when you call or e mail horrible customer service the program is a scam don't waste your money on it I will never make another purchase with this company they are awful work as I am the primary caregiver Safeline reluctantly paid 6 months of claims, they reported my payment past due to the credit bureau I assumed the payments were being covered by the program

FingerhutCustomer Service

I have an account that is paid in full. Unfortunately, while undergoing treatment for a cancerous tumor a year ago, I missed a payment. I called customer service as soon as I realized and made a double payment. The representative said that if I wrote a letter to their credit department, I could get that payment notification removed. A year later and multiple phone calls in, I am still fighting with them.

FingerhutTemporary Line of credit /Permanent line of Credit

I decided not to use the temporary line of credit of 200 dollars that Fingerhut provided to me in December 2020. My line is currently credit is 3, 800. I received a notification from the Experian credit reporting agency informing me that my credit score was reduced by 11 points due to Fingerhut reporting that my Line of credit was decreased from 4, 000 to 3, 800. This totally wrong!! I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO BE FORCED!! to use the temporary line of credit!! Fingerhut agent informed me that I could be eligible for a permanent line of credit but she could not tell me when.. I've had this account for over 8 years!! and have never been giving a permanent line of credit!! My account is in great standing and besides I always pay more money than I suppose to.

FingerhutKeeps loosing my payments and I hsve to keep faxing my receipts.

I send my payments between the 2nd and 3rd of each month 12 to14 days ahead of time so they will get there on time by the 15th of the month. They always have until a month ago. I have beening sending my payments since 2018 this way and had no problems til recently. This is a bunch of bull. Some one needs to do their job and straighten it out. I am tired of having to fax my receipts to you. You cost me money in gas and for faxing. Money out of my pocket I don't get back. Not to mention you are messing up my credit report. Do I have to get a lawyer to straighten your mess out?

FingerhutBilling and temporary Credit limits

Customer since april 2019, Missed payments 0, late payments 1, state MN messed up my unemployement deposit with wrong account number, that late payment was late by 4 days. Charged 35.00, when I paid the past due amount 4 days after it was due, since they submitted to me via my online statements (paperless billing) there was a late fee and January's min. due on top of min past due. This was on a statement of account and issued out. They are telling me that I did not make my january's payment when its on my payment history and the withdrawls from my checking account. I made 2 seperate payements even. Now my payment is due and they said if I don't pay again I will have a 39.00 late fee and a negative report on my credit file. This has to be short of extortion and and illegal.

Billing and temporary Credit limits
          Billing and temporary Credit limits

FingerhutNintendo Switch

I ordered a Nintendo switch for my daughter for Christmas. We never received it. Fingerhut wants a police report filled out saying it was stolen. They have no proof that it ever was delivered to my house except for the delivery company saying it was delivered. I also had a Chewy order that didn't make it here either and the sent the items out that I had ordered free of charge. I live in the state of California and we can't get a police report.

FingerhutCLX gaming computer

Ordered back in november 2020 had it about 2 weeks and it stopped working.Fingerhut told us to send it back and they would credit the account because we did not want another one.They credited the account for the price of the computer next thing we know they said they were sending another computer even though they were told we did not want another one.We called them and they assured us there was not another computer sent even though they added the amount of the computer back on the account.I went online to make the payment today 12/31/2020 and the amount of the computer is on my account not once but twice they have my balance 4200 dollars now when it is supposed to be a little over 900.00.

FingerhutAccount

Rep advised they enrolled in Covid 19 protection $0 due one month then enrolled in 6 month program pay $7.50 1st month paid almost $100 then enrolled in Safeline protection they reported adversely to CRA's for April and May 2020 I've never been late in 8 years and didn't start now but they refuse to fix

They also often remove available credit on website and app show no payment due show different payments due I've been taking pictures as I will be filing FTC consumer protection fdic and legal complaints if not fixed

FingerhutSafeline

I pay for sideline but was denied help from them. What is the purpose of paying for this if they refuse to help I am temporarily laid off due to state closures from the covid19. Pandemic. If that is not good reason for safeline benefits then what are we paying for? My layoff is temporary and I do not expect handouts I just want what they say they will do

FingerhutChange of address from old address to new address.

My old address was 57 Palmer st, New Bedford, mass, 02740... My new address is 04 Palmer St, New Bedford, Ma, 02740.. I dont understand why I have to go threw this for an address change. I'm ordering something for my soon to be wife and I'm going threw this over a mailing address and shipping address.. I called customer service and they can't do anything.. I'm really upset about this.. Please help me.

Change of address from old address to new address.
                    Change of address from old address to new address.

Fingerhutaccount sign up

Ok so, I found this website called fingerhut and decided to order stuff but then I saw the account sign up and I didn't like it one bit. They asked for the last four digits in my social security number!!! Who asks for that stuff? Just let me buy my things I don't my information on data breaches.

account sign up

FingerhutNever sent product. I cancelled because they were out of stock

I placed an order and was informed online that they were on back order. I made two payments of thirty dollars. I finally got a thirty dollar check but still can not get the other thirty dollars they owe me...
                        Payment History
                        Amount Payment Date Status Confirmation #
                        $30.00 10/9/2020 Paid
                        $30.00 6/29/2020 Paid

FingerhutOverbilling

I have never missed any monthly installments, but have had my balance rise to a rate where it's no where near what I have ordered. I have made large payments, including paying a little extra of payment and end of month, but this does not seem to effect balance what so ever. I have not ordered anything for a long time, and have no intention to. Last month a 250.00 payment was mailed to them, in which they claimed October 20th payment at 83.00. Still pretty high, but I paid 50.00 on September 11th, 2020 and another 50 on October 1st 2020, total 100.00 but instead of monthly installment going down like it should, these crooks raised it 10.00 to 98.00 month payment. I have never ordered anything too big or skipped a month payment for this [censored]. The balance to these junky products never goes down regardless. I want to take chances with my credit and just quit paying, I know I have long overpaid for items ordered a long time ago, no guilty conscious here.

FingerhutSafeline plus

I received an alert that my Fingerhut balance increased when I hadn't made any recent purchases. Apparently, my payments - and I always paid $10 to $10 OVER the minimum payment due - weren't lowering my monthly balance because of Safeline Plus. I called Fingerhut and was told I opted into this "service" and needed to call Safeline Plus directly. Of course, it's a weekend day and they are not open so I have to wait until Monday. I checked my husbands account and it is the same situation. Always paying over the minimum due, but never reducing the balance. The balance on both our accounts has been increasing each month instead of decreasing even with making larger than minimum due payments. SCAM!!!

Aug 04, 2020

Fingerhut — Safeline plus

Safeline plus is a real scam. I get my fingerhut bills electronically so I never Really check when paying...

Jul 27, 2020

Fingerhut — Beats headset

i purchased BEATS headset to listen to books on my AUDIBLE account. it worked for one week. i have called...

FingerhutSomehow your company gave me two accounts!!

One Fingerhut Account says that I am a Wonderful person in aspects of my buying from them.in fact your firm, just raised my credit limit. However, there is a second account that I know nothing about this cannot continue if I am expected to purchase anymore.

Thank You, I n advanve for your swift and curtious focus to this urgent matter

Sincerly,
                              Brian E Paulson

Note(s) Supporting documentation is attached.

Somehow your company gave me two accounts!!

FingerhutShipping with Multiple carriers/ Rude customer service reps etc.

I'am a Fingerhut customer for which i have been for some time but very unhappy for paying for certain products that are completely overpriced when ordering. Also When ordering i continue to have the same problems with Fingerhut, they sub-contract two or more carriers UPS, USPS which ends up losing the product or delaying the product from coming to a reasonable amount of shipping time. When i do communicate to a Fingerhut specialist they refuse to help you and say you have to wait with-out contacting the carriers to find the product, they will not let you speak to a supervisor they are rude and are unhelpful for which they ignore your concerns. This is so unacceptable who holds Fingerhut accountable for their actions when they are completely wrong ? Just find my product with the carrier directly that they use.

FingerhutSafeline plus

I was realizing that my fingerhut payments wasn't minimizing much so on March 2020 I decided to go thru the billing statements and I'm seen that I'm been charged with $ 15.00 for the safeline plus fee I called fingerhut and told them that I NEVER signed up for Safeline and they gave me the number to Safeline, I called I asked how they charging me for a service I didn't signed up for, , , they granted me a 60 day refund which went to my fingerhut balance, , , but now I'm going to my old Bill's and the oldest one I could find was from October 2018, which shows that Safeline have been collecting money from me, , , , How is it that they just can take it upon themself to charge me for a service I NEVER signed up for

• Ro
                                      Rod G Aug 04, 2020

Hey man,

They did the same thing to me. They are very deceitful and I’m finding a class action lawyer because there are many others whom have been affected by their deceitful practices.