Menu
Fingerhut Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Fingerhut
reviews and complaints

www.fingerhut.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.4 279 Reviews

How responsive is Fingerhut's customer service?

29 Resolved
240 Unresolved
Poor 🫤
Fingerhut is a rare visitor on ComplaintsBoard, so the pace of resolving complaints leaves much to be desired. We believe they should spend more time and effort on reviews to naturally grow customer loyalty. As for reviewers, we'd advise carefully reading existing reviews to understand what to expect. It's also helpful to go through the few complaints that Fingerhut has already resolved to get a clear picture of their customer interaction and potential challenges in resolving your personal issue.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Fingerhut has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Fingerhut reviews and complaints 279

Sort by:

Newest Fingerhut reviews and complaints

2:14 pm EST

Fingerhut - Incompetent, overcharging me,

I have had my Fingerhut/Fetti for about two years. My first purchase which was a clothes steamer/iron. This item was over $90. Didn’t deal with the issues so I threw it away. In November and December I made several purchases. They sent me products I didn’t order, I made some returns and they sent me 8 labels. When I got to UPS drop off the labels were...

S
6:31 pm EST

Fingerhut - A judgement from collection agency

On or about dec of 2021, I was taken to court over a Fingerhut purchase, that was made in 2018 for 2200 +, that didn't belong to me, it was made by someone with same name in New York. I tried to tell the rep from collection agency, but right in front of me he went through all the paper he had and changed address. Which in my opinion was very deceitful...

10:20 am EDT

Fingerhut Fraudulent billing practices

My names is Charles Sizemore I paid my account off on May 6th, 2021 and less then a month later an account was opened up and said so owed $468 in June of 2021, why in the world would I pay $513.00 of in May of 2021 and open a new account, I wouldnt, this has been on my credit report and I have bank records supporting the fact that it was intact paid off, and Midland Management clearly shows the new account being open up in my name, if this is not handled in a timly fadhion, I promise you I will contact The Attorney General of the state of Minnesota for the fraudulent billing practices that your company is in practice of, how many other customers are you doing this too?

Desired outcome: These remarks removed from my credit report

Is Fingerhut legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Fingerhut as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 10% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Fingerhut stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Fingerhut should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Fingerhut earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Fingerhut achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Fingerhut has received positive review on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Fingerhut.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

We looked up Fingerhut and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Fingerhut has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 10% of 269 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • There was some difficulty in evaluating or examining the information or data present on the fingerhut.com. This could be due to technical issues, limited access, or website may be temporarily down for maintenance or experiencing technical difficulties.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Fingerhut. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
M
2:42 pm EDT

Fingerhut Refunds and worthless appa

I submitted my payment 09-12 on their app, and it never gave a confirmation. So I submitted again. Then it took out twice. I emailed them the same day about it and received In email stating that I would get a refund by card Is within 3-5 business days or through my bank within twelve to fourteen business days. I paid with my card so I should have already received my refund by this day of september twenty second. However, I just got off the phone with fingerhut and was told that I would get my refund within thirty days. That was nowhere on the email they sent. There was nothing stating that that Was how long I was going to have to wait. So not only does their app no longer work and constantly logged me out. But now they're stealing from me, lying to me. And not refunding me within the amount of time they stated in writing.

Desired outcome: I want my money back. Immediately.

L
5:21 am EDT

Fingerhut - Returns/credit reporting incorrectly/customer service/collections

Back in may 2023 I ordered 2michael kors purses which I was sent the wrong purses so I sent the purses back & paid $33 postage myself because the didn’t send a packing slip with return label with the package so I put acheck in with the purses for a payment I owed for a previous order ! Which the check for the payment cleared my back within a wk give or take...

1:13 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fingerhut Charged more then agreed to

I purchased 2 items Jan 2022. A Bissell vacuum and a 4 slice bread toaster. I have attached info. I owed $380.00 as of January 11 th 2022. I signed up for auto pay for the 14 th with the choices provided. Now 18 months of auto later they say I owe $692.45. Customer service said it's my fault for making my payment late. They service agreement says I have a 24 day grace period. I have made 18 months of auto payment ranging from $33.99 to $46.99. It makes no sense for my bill to be almost double!

Desired outcome: My account be zeroed out and closed

R
8:56 am EDT

Fingerhut Customer service

I was trying to place an order. But my address is wrong: I called customer service to change my address and the representative asked me some security questions. Some questions she asked I would of remembered I suffer from some memory lost. The representative was so rude to the point I just told her to forget it and I hung up. Please help me with this issue.

Desired outcome: I hung up the phone and disabled the app

P
10:47 pm EDT

Fingerhut My bill / nautica air mattress

I'm disputing my bill of $308.46 due to I had informed Fetti customer service reps before my June bill was due that my 20" Nautica Air Matress no longer would hold air. I was given 3 different numbers and was told the resolution team would handle my situation which didn't get handled till July 27th 2023. I was given the money for the air matress but it don't reflect on my bill. You gave me $207.99 but you also still want me to pay $308.46. I would like this corrected.

Desired outcome: I would like the late charges taken off the bill as well as the charges for the air matress. I would like to be refunded the corrected amount.

R
11:28 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fingerhut My product I purchased two months ago was not what I thought it was.

I purchased a necklace in May 2023 a

18K Gold Over Sterling Silver Personalized Heart Name Necklace it said on the Fingerhut website. However, after receiving the necklace, two months later, the necklace turned black and began to look gold plated. Fingerhut representative told me that they could not take it back because the 60-day return for merchandise expired. The company continued to charge knowing that the merchandise is not real.

Desired outcome: refund

Update by Roslyn hall
Jul 18, 2023 11:29 am EDT

and they continue to sell the necklace on their website.

7:39 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fingerhut Sued with out have a account

Me and my husband found out today that someone opened a account with you guys back in 2016 and you sued him in 2017 and now you guys tell us when you send papers to us you guys will maybe look at the account first off we never have shopped with you or wanted to you you guys even sent and severed him at some other address now we are in a mess because you guys just show up on his credit report today it's July 10 2023 and when you talk to anyone they sent me to a different office and different people I speak to 6 different places and customers service and guess what not one of them could help me and was told I was our date deal with it really that's how you handle people

Desired outcome: I want you to remove the lien on my husband disability check and remove it out of the court system and I think you should reimburse us for the time we are spend no fix your guys problems

H
2:37 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fingerhut Terrible Customer Service Experience with FingerHut: Avoid at All Costs!

So, I wanted to tell you about my experience with FingerHut. I ordered a Bulova watch at the end of September and was excited to receive it. However, as of October 8, the shipping label had been created, but the item had not been shipped from the distributor. I waited for several more weeks, but the status remained the same. So, I decided to call FingerHut Customer Service to figure out what was going on. I called them three times, but they couldn't give me a clear answer. Finally, on the third call, they informed me that I had to submit an affidavit.

I submitted the affidavit, but I didn't receive a response until the 30th of October. The response said that the item had been both ordered and delivered on October 8, and that I would be charged for the item. However, the tracking link they provided clearly showed that USPS was still awaiting the item. This made no sense to me, so I called FingerHut Customer Service again and spoke to a representative named "May." I was put on hold for a long time, but when she finally came back, she told me that I would have to file a police report. I explained to her that the item was never shipped, so there was no missing or stolen item to be investigated. However, she interrupted me and wouldn't let me finish speaking.

The Customer Service at FingerHut is abhorrent and not at all helpful. The response I received to my affidavit was obviously churned out of some database. I can guarantee that no human EVER investigated my affidavit. I will never spend another cent with this company.

By the way, this is the first negative review of a company I have ever submitted in my life. Steer clear; I don't think real human beings work in this company. If they did, they would at least be respectful and decent.

J
1:00 am EDT

Fingerhut FingerHut's Customer Service is a Hassle: A Review

So, I was really excited to buy a coffee table from FingerHut, but boy was it a hassle! I tried to change my shipping and billing address on the website, but it wouldn't let me without calling customer service first. I had just moved, so I understand the need for verification, but they asked me so many questions that I felt like I was being interrogated! I mean, I get it, they want to make sure it's really me, but it took forever.

After waiting 48 hours, I called back to see if my address had been changed. Nope, they said to give it a couple more days. Ugh, I was so annoyed, but I really wanted that coffee table. So I waited a few more days, and still nothing. I called back and was pretty angry this time. The rep asked me the same questions again, but this time she changed my address in a matter of seconds. I was so frustrated! Why did it take over a week to do something that could be done in seconds?

Anyway, with my address finally changed, I tried to place my order again. And guess what? It said I had to call customer service AGAIN! I couldn't believe it. I went through the whole process again, and this time they said they had to verify my account. I was so tired of this runaround. If I had ordered from somewhere else, I would have had my coffee table by now.

I really hope the coffee table comes when it's supposed to, and that it's worth all this trouble. But honestly, I'm so disappointed and exhausted with FingerHut's customer service. It shouldn't be this hard to buy something online.

J
12:30 am EDT

Fingerhut Fingerhut Review: Restricted Credit and Poor Customer Service

I started using Fingerhut in August of 2021 and I was pretty excited about it. I completed the fresh start program and was given a credit limit of $400. I made three purchases with it and always paid my bill before the due date. I was feeling pretty good about it until the Fetti thing happened in April of this year. Since then, I've had $100 of restricted credit and I've been trying to get it released for months. I've called multiple times and was told that it would decrease with positive payment history. I've always paid at least $25 over my minimum due and on time, but my restricted credit hasn't decreased at all.

I called again today and asked for it to be released, but the rep told me that I couldn't because I still owed on my previous account. I called him out on lying and told him that my family member who lives with me owes over $800 on their old Fingerhut account and they don't have any credit restrictions. Not only that, but they got two increases in the last six months. The rep got really rude and argumentative with me and got an attitude when I asked for a supervisor. I waited on hold for 20 minutes and finally spoke with a supervisor who didn't seem to want to do his job. He was in a big rush to get off the phone and kept telling me the same BS lies that the previous rep did. He also got an attitude when I told him he was wrong.

I ended up closing my account because I don't want to do business with a company that rips me off and holds part of my credit limit hostage. I'll take my business somewhere else where I'm treated with respect and honesty. It's really frustrating when you try to do the right thing and pay your bills on time, but you still get screwed over. I wouldn't recommend Fingerhut to anyone.

S

Fingerhut Faulty Items and Poor Customer Service: My Experience with FingerHut

I recently purchased two items from FingerHut, and unfortunately, both of them turned out to be faulty. The first item I ordered was the Powerbuilt 12V Lug Nut Impact Wrench with 2 Impact Sockets, which cost me $84.79. I received it on April 30th, and my husband tried using it a few days later. However, it kept blowing fuses and didn't have any power to remove or put bolts and nuts. Then, it just died and wouldn't turn back on.

I contacted FingerHut's customer service, and they sent me a return label. I sent the item back on April 19th, but after waiting for a couple of weeks, I contacted customer service again. They said they hadn't received it yet, but they would email me a form called Affidavit - Return Not Received. I had to email it back to them with a copy of the receipt from the post office showing that I had dropped off the item. They assured me that within 10 business days, I would receive the credit back to my account.

However, on April 24th, I still hadn't received anything. So, I decided to exchange the order for another Powerbuilt 12V Lug Nut Impact Wrench with 2 Impact Sockets, item number NQK1, which cost $79.99. I received it on May 1st, and it worked like a charm for a few days. But then, it just died and wouldn't turn back on.

I had to contact FingerHut's customer service again, and they sent me a return label. I sent it back to them on May 24th, along with another Affidavit - Return Not Received form and a copy of the receipt from the post office showing that I had dropped off the item.

I'm really frustrated with this whole situation. I understand that sometimes you can get a faulty item, but to have it happen twice in a row is just ridiculous. I'm sick of having to return items and getting screwed on my refunds or my credit added back to my account. I just want to receive a working item that I can use without any issues.

Overall, I'm disappointed with my experience with FingerHut. I hope they can improve their quality control and customer service in the future.

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fingerhut Fingerhut Review: Terrible Customer Service and Glitches in Payment System

So, I had a bit of a problem with Fingerhut recently. I made a payment of $35.00, but their system glitched and they ended up taking $300 from my account. I thought it would be a simple fix, but boy was I wrong. It's been almost two weeks and I still haven't received my refund. The first representative I spoke to said it would take 3-5 business days, but then I got an email saying it could take up to 11-14 business days. And then, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I got another email saying it could take up to 30 business days! Can you believe it?

I asked to speak to a supervisor and waited almost three days, but no one called me back. Finally, I got through to a supervisor who told me that the refund processor is a third party and there's nothing they can do about it. I asked for the corporate office number and was given ***376. When I called, the receptionist asked for a name of who I needed to speak to, but I wasn't provided with one. She told me that it's a third party company and I would need a name. I was so frustrated that I said, "So not only has Fingerhut taken my money, but now I can't even file a complaint?" And then she hung up on me! Can you believe it?

I called back and she hung up on me again! I called back a third time and she sighed and said, "As I stated, I need a name." I called Fingerhut to speak to another supervisor, but they told me they couldn't transfer me or provide a name for who I needed to speak with. I contacted the corporate office again and was sent to an executive representative of customer service, but they didn't answer. That was four hours ago and I still haven't heard anything back.

Honestly, I would never recommend using this company. They don't take ownership of their mistakes and they have no sympathy for their customers. I'm at a loss and don't know what else to do. If you need to buy things on a payment plan, I would suggest using HSN or one of the other places. Fingerhut also overcharges for shipping and for the items themselves. For example, a tablet that's normally $50 is $100 on their site. It's just not worth it.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fingerhut FingerHut's Deceptive Return Policy: Don't Buy from Them!

So, I bought a laptop from FingerHut, and it was an ASUS one. But, when I got it, I couldn't type on it easily, and the ports weren't compatible with any of my devices. So, I thought I could return it, but then FingerHut sent me an email saying that I couldn't return it because I didn't follow their return policy. I checked the policy again, and it turns out that I had to return anything that "connects to the internet" within 30 days. So, I'm stuck with a laptop that I can't use.

I talked to a customer service rep and a supervisor, but they didn't care about my problem. I had a replacement item in my cart, ready to buy, but they wouldn't give me a credit. They only offered me a discount on my next item. I told them that I wouldn't buy anything from them again because of their deceptive practices.

If you're thinking about buying something from FingerHut, don't do it. They have hidden terms and don't care about their customers. They only care about making the first sale. I have to give them a 1-star rating because I can't give them 0 stars.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fingerhut Fingerhut Review: Nightmare Experience with Broken Stereo and Unfair Credit Denial

My experience with Fingerhut was a complete nightmare that started at the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020. I was approved for the Fingerhut Fresh Start Program and ordered a DVD/CD Vehicle Sound System. However, I encountered two major issues that I want to share with you.

Firstly, the stereo I bought from Fingerhut started to malfunction. I tried to contact their customer service team several times through phone and email, but due to the pandemic, I assume many of their representatives were out of work. Even FedEx, UPS, and other companies were facing the same Covid restrictions. So, I decided to return the stereo as soon as I could. However, Fingerhut refused to allow me to return the broken stereo they sent me. I even complained to a manager and tried to explain that it was impossible to return the stereo in the middle of the pandemic. But Fingerhut didn't listen to me and simply stated their return policies. I was extremely upset, but I still continued to pay every payment on time and paid extra on many of the payments.

A couple of months ago, I paid the final payment and thought that it would help my credit. But Fingerhut did something unexpected. They closed my account on my credit and denied me the "Graduation" to a revolving Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account. They claimed that I was late on a payment, which was an absurd lie that is so easily disputed. I have my entire payment history on my end, and Fingerhut also stated on my credit report that I paid all payments on time. I knew immediately that this was clear retaliation for discussing my issue about Fingerhut publicly to the BBB.

I feel like this must be illegal, and I fully intend on reporting Fingerhut to the Consumer Protection. I am writing this review because I want people to know what a horrible cheat this corporation is. I suggest using Stoneberry.com and/or Montgomery Wards instead of Fingerhut. Fingerhut is in bankruptcy protection anyway, certainly for being a scam of a corporation. So, avoid Fingerhut at all costs!

D
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fingerhut FingerHut Review: Worst Company Ever - Broken Treadmill, No Replacement, and Poor Customer Service

I gotta say, FingerHut is the worst company I've ever dealt with. I ordered a pro-form treadmill from them on 3/18/2020 and it arrived on 3/26/2020. But when I took the cover off the display console screen, I saw that it was broken. I called FingerHut right away and they said they'd send me a new display console in 7 business days. But when I called back on 4/23/2020 to check on it, they told me the treadmill was discontinued and I couldn't get a replacement. Can you believe that? And they wanted me to ship it back at my own expense, which would cost me $110! I had already paid them over $700 and only had a $50 balance left. I told them how inconvenient and wrong that was, but all they offered was credit and gift cards. I didn't want that because I wouldn't do business with them again. And then the phone kept disconnecting when I talked to their reps, which was so frustrating.

I called back on 4/27/2020 and spoke to two different reps who gave me the same answer. I knew something was fishy, so I asked to speak to a manager without giving any information. After being on hold for a long time, I finally got to talk to a manager who understood my frustration. She said I'd get a call from the shipping company within 3-5 business days, but when I asked for an email confirmation, she said they don't send those. That was weird, but I let it go.

It's now 5/08/2020 and I still haven't heard from the shipping company. When I called FingerHut to talk to a manager, they said they'd follow up with the shipping company and call me back. But I don't believe them anymore. They have a 60-day return policy, and I feel like they're just pushing it off until then.

Don't waste your money on FingerHut, folks. They're not worth it.

L

Fingerhut FingerHut Review: Terrible Customer Service and Order Issues

I had a really bad experience with FingerHut. I ordered a Canada Coat from them, but it was the wrong size and color. I sent it back the next day, but it took a while for them to register it as returned. The money was slow to enter my account, but that was okay. The coat was out of stock, so I had to order something else. I found a pair of boots I really wanted and even bought a Carhartt coat to match in anticipation of their arrival. I placed the order online and waited for my boots, but they never came. I checked online and found that I had no order status or tracking number. After calling customer service, they told me that I had to order online. So I did. They told me the money I sent in would not be credited to my down payment but subtracted from the back end of the payment amount. This bothered me, but I agreed because I really wanted the boots. I paid the money and the difference. The customer representative assured me that the order had been placed. I received an email telling me the order had been received, yet days later the boots did not arrive and there was no tracking number. After calling twice, I was told that I had to wait 24 to 48 hours to make another order. This seemed really unfair, so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The first time I was hung up on, and the second time the rep gave me a hard time until I finally reached a supervisor named Wanda. She spoke in a very condescending tone and I knew she was searching for a way to deny me rather than help me even though I was willing to pay for the boots. After suffering through what I knew would not be in my favor, she told me that since the first item was returned, I couldn't go over the limit even if I paid the difference like I did the first time. It didn't matter that I was trying to spend more money; she would not make an exception regardless of all the trouble I had been through. She said she would rather give me a refund. I have been going through this since November 28th, and it is now January 10, 2019. I have called many times and paid twice and still haven't been treated like I am a valued customer. All I wanted was the Carhartt Men's 6" Internal Met Guard Boot - Wide in black, size 13. Instead, I now have a $225.00 coat that is no good. I am severely dismayed and disappointed. That is why I feel it is my obligation to report my horrible experience, to keep this from happening to other people and potential customers.

V
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Fingerhut Fingerhut Review: Pre-Approved Credit Offer, Limited Usage, and Rent-to-Own Appliances

I'm new to Fingerhut and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed so far. I got a catalog in the mail with a credit offer in the back and I was skeptical at first. I mean, I already have a bunch of credit cards for car repairs and stuff, so I didn't know if I really needed another one. But then I saw the offer and it was too good to pass up. They said I was pre-approved for a certain amount, but then they approved me for even more than that! I couldn't believe it.

I did have some questions about the Fingerhut credit card though. Like, is it a Mastercard or a Visa or what? Turns out, it's just Fingerhut. You can only use it at Fingerhut, which is kind of a bummer if you were hoping to use it for other things. But it's not the end of the world. I'll just use it to buy stuff from Fingerhut and pay off my other credit cards with the money I save.

One thing I did notice is that Fingerhut sells window units. And let me tell you, I need some window units. My house is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom with only one living room. If I ever add on, I'll need more window units than I currently have. Right now, I only have 2 that work and I need 4. One for each bedroom and one in the kitchen. Summer is here and I can't afford to buy 2 more window units right now. So I'm gonna have to get them from Fingerhut.

Fingerhut is kind of like a rent-to-own appliance shop. It's not the highest quality experience, but it gets the job done. You should only use them when you have no other choice and you need something fast. I'm gonna have to pay off these window units for a whole year, which is a long time. I hope they last that long! And when you factor in shipping and the 2-year warranty, it comes out to $205 for one tiny window unit. That's a lot of money, but I don't have a choice.

I got the tiniest Haier window unit, which is okay for now. But in the future, I'll need to get better ones with built-in heaters. Friedrich sells air conditioners with heaters that I really want, but they're too expensive right now. I'll have to wait until I add on to the house and rewire it. I'm also gonna buy a house inside the city limits, so I'll need plenty of window units. Right now, I have the radiator heaters and the window units plugged into the same outlet/breaker, so I can't run them both at the same time. But Fingerhut even sells motel-style HVAC units, which is pretty cool. If I ever want to buy those, I don't really want central HVAC because if it breaks, I'm screwed. But if a tiny window unit breaks, it's not a big deal. I can replace it for a small expense.

This is my first time buying a window unit. The others I have, I found in the garbage. The two that broke actually lasted a while. One was made in 1983 and only requires a small replacement part, but it's hard to find. The other one lasted 6 summers and the circuit breaker on the plug is dead. I don't like having that many watts anyways. The other two are GE and Texas Instruments. I don't know how much electricity I'll use, but it'll be a lot less once I replace and upgrade the roof.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with Fingerhut so far. I'll update this review when I have more information about the window units.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Contact Fingerhut customer service

Website

Our Commitment

We stand for unbiased reviews

We help resolving issues

We advocate freedom of speech

We ensure transparent and fair ratings

We care about your privacy

We are easy, free and open to everyone

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Fingerhut?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fingerhut Customer Service. Initial Fingerhut complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fingerhut above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fingerhut. Discuss the issues you have had with Fingerhut and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.