Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Banks Fifth Third Bank / 53.com predatory fees and deposit blocks on business checking

Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - predatory fees and deposit blocks on business checking

S
Author of the complaint
6:28 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been dealing with this banks overdraft fees for a long time. I have both personal and business checking with them as well as a mortgage. They consistently work up the debits BEFORE the credits, thereby creating overdrafts and they then take their overdraft fees BEFORE posting deposits. If I may a deposit on one day, they will place that on hold for 2 or 3 days and then charge overdraft fees on everything that may come in for payment in those days.
Now they have found another way to take these fees. I use mobile deposits because I am in WV and there is no branch around. So, at 2 in the morning on 2/27/2017 I see an overdraft that resulted when an automatic charitable donation came through early. When I immediately went in to make a mobile deposit I got the message that it was not available for my business account, even though I have been doing this for months. I found someone near a branch to take a deposit in for me to clear everything. Now I am told that my mobile deposit has been blocked for 30 days because of the overdraft. So, I have to take care of my business but cannot make deposits? If I have any thing come through I am again going to be overdrawn which mean they continue to rack up more and more fees at $37.00 each because I am unable to make a deposit. Plus I cannot deposit checks I get from clients because they won't unblock my deposit ability.
They will shuffle all deposits and debits in order to cause overdrafts and the outrageous charges.

Helpful? 0 0

More Fifth Third Bank / 53.com complaints & reviews

Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - poor customer service!
Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - credit card application security
Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - fift third bank is a rip off!
Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - predatory overdraft fees (class action info)
Fifth Third Bank / 53.com - unfair banking practice