Fifth Third Bankcustomer service

M

As a business owner, I tried to deposit checks of over $2000 in the ATM at the Smyrna Tennessee branch. The ATM jammed up and would not deposit or return my checks. I went inside the bank, and asked for help. The attendant explained to me that there was nothing they could do, and that I would have to wait until the machine is serviced. I was not given a time or date.
While trying to get more information from the attendant, Mr. Glen Shaw came out of his office, to ask me what the problem was. After explaining my plight, he told me that he had no idea when the ATM will be serviced. When I told him I needed some type of estimate, he told me that if I did not like how they did their business, I should find somewhere to bank.

• Wine Is Good Jul 27, 2016

And this is why you go inside to do business.

• Mr
    Mrs. Kay Jul 31, 2016

The option was givenot to me to use the ATM. If you know you have faulty ATM's, why offer the service, then disrespect me when it messes up.

• Mr
    Mrs. Kay Jul 31, 2016

The option was given to me to use the ATM. If you know you have faulty ATM's, why offer the service, then disrespect me when it messes up.

• Wine Is Good Jul 31, 2016

Just like instore ATMS, the bank probably does not service or have access to the ATM. An outside service does. If you use the bank for deposits, then why not use the cell deposit instead. The app that lets you take a picture of the check? At least then you do not have to wait when there is a problem.

Still, I am all for the face to face interaction when doing business. I never understood why people depend on machines then complain when a HUMAN can not help them.