FIDOcustomer service (1hr 49 min wait), roaming and international fees

Fraud alert, awful company!
I just wasted over 2.5 hours of my time, 1 hour 50 minutes on hold awaiting to speak to a manager.
I spoke with a woman named ashley, who claimed to be a supervisor, was extremely unhelpful, argumentative and pretty much told me, she can't do anything for me on a monetary level, but checked into my plan to add data. Said my plan is too old, can't add data on my plan, until my plan is renewed! Really? You believe i'm going to renew with fido?
She said we can offer more then. Of course you can, like any other company, offers a whole bunch of stuff, as was the case with this phone: free phone, 60 gigs memory, case, plastic cover, charger for car...
My problem is now, with this bill, you've sent me!

I went on a cruise, which left from texas.
No taxis in texas, I needed to call an uber, no ubers in bc, so I had to download app, add credit card... And pay $7/day in usa.
I kept getting pop-ups, usa $7/day, outside of usa $12/day!
I found $12/day expensive, but I decided to use it a few days on cruise, to stay in touch.
7 day cruise!
I get back home, they've charged me an additional
$102 for roaming text messages, and
$90.53 for international roaming,
On top of usa flat rate of $7/day, when I was in texas and $12/day on islands.
On top of my normal billing fee.
We have a two phone plan, one of the phones was charged $399.87

Obviously, fido could care less about their customers, I was told, I should have called them or read up on-line... Basically, I should have read the fine print and done my own homework, before using their services!

I assure you, the next company, I will have them sign my contract: anything that is in fine print, must be told in large print!
No additional charges!

I guess fido have enough customers, they don't mind losing 2.

• Fido Customer Care's Response, Oct 03, 2019

Hi Sabine,

François here from Fido's Social Media team. Please rest assured that this isn't the experience we aim for for any of our customers.

It's important for us to be transparent with our customers and we specify on our website the roaming details and give you the pay-per-use rates while traveling in other countries and on cruise ships. With that said, roaming usage done on a cruise ship or an airplane is considered a premium destination. For reference, you can find all the information here: https://fido.ly/2miRugQ

The features of all our our plans assume usage made in Canada and anything done outside is considered roaming.

If ever you need any clarification in regards to the information about roaming on our website, don't hesitate to reach out to us through a message on Twitter or Facebook and we'll be more than happy to help!

Sa