FedEx Corporate Servicesignorant racist action by manager, sorry to say

I am a retired disabled attorney. I speak Spanish and volunteer to help Latinos. This rning around 10:30 a.m., I met with a Latino at the Work Station inside the FED EX OFFICE at 444 N. Harbor Blvd, Fullerton, Ca 92832. A Caucasian man was sitting near by when I spoke Spanish to an immigration applicant who needed to change his address and make copies. The Caucasian man was sitting at the work station filling out a puzzle and not using Fed Ex services. He got up and complained to the manager that I was "doing business" at the Work Station. The manager came over and asked me to leave. I had already made approximately 111 copies ( receipts on my credit card), so I was using their services. A witness heard her say, "pack up your things and leave". I finished what I was doing and then attempted in a calm voice in front of the security to explain to the manager that many Latinos do not have credit cards and need assistance. Every time I have sent a Latino to the counter, the fed ex staff sent them to the self-service copiers and they could not use them, so I became accustomed to helping them make copies on my credit card. I spend money in this Fed EX office 2-3 times per week helping Latinos as a volunteer. I tried to talk to the manager before leaving and in front of the security guard, she said she would call the police if I tried to help Latinos again with their immigration paperwork. Prior to this, the security guard always greeted me in a friendly manner and pointed out any Latinos who were asking for help. The manager obviously did not want Latino business even though she is Latina. My experience has been that many recent immigrants hate new arrivals. I explained that I am disabled and cannot go to coffee shops to meet people...and the purpose to meet there is to make copies. That's when she threatened to call the police if I ever returned. The manager complained that Latinos were calling to get the address and that was disruptive...I thought they wanted people to find their office so they could make copies! I am appalled by this treatment. Fed ex has set up work stations to do paperwork and make copies. They allow homeless people to charge their phones in the same area, but I was kicked out for helping Latinos because a white guy complained. I want to continue using my vast knowledge to help people. I spend 20 hours per day in bed and like to use my mind productively. I have a heart condition, drop foot that keeps me from walking fully, bleeding ulcers that could kill me from the blood thinners I take for my heart, diabetes, bulging disks in my back that are always painful and make it difficult to walk. I enjoy 3-4 hours per week helping others. This is my resume:

Judith Marty, Human Rights Attorney

Judith Marty is an attorney and former INS supervisory asylum officer. For six years, she supervised and trained asylum officers on how to adjudicate asylum cases. Ms. Marty worked on high profile projects while working for the U.S. Asylum Corps.
She worked on a project in the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) Commissioner's Office of Congressional Relations in DC. She answeredcomplex and controversial matters, and was the liaison with Heads of INS operations and the INS Public Relations Office to properly inform Senators and Representatives about official INS policies or how to resolve problem cases.
She also participated in a quality assurance project for the Office of International Affairs, Washington, DC to develop and implement a review standard for credible fear decisions pursuant to changes in U.S. immigration law. The process developed was under the scrutiny of the General Accounting Office and the NGO community.
From 1996 to 1999, she trained asylum officers in international law, federal immigration law, intercultural communication, how to interview victims of torture, decision writing, and implementation of juvenile detention procedures at their Asylum Officer Basic Training Course at FLETC. She was also responsible for developing a weekly training program for asylum officers at the Los Angeles Asylum Office for 3 years. She organized training on complex issues such as posttraumatic stress syndrome and sensitive issues such as homosexuality to assist asylum officers making difficult decisions about persecution.
Ms. Marty is trained in drug abuse and sexual abuse counseling. She counseled minors in one of the first treatment programs for juvenile sex offenders from 1977 to 1984. She worked with abused children ages 12 to 18 and counseled them and their families to determine if they could safely be integrated back into their family. She is specially trained by the Center for Victims of Torture, Minneapolis, Minnesota and Bellevue Hospital, New York, New York in how to recognize post-traumatic stress disorder during interviews to attain information to establish legal criteria. She was certified by the INS as a trainer for the Flores v. Reno settlement agreement regarding how to properly detain juveniles in INS facilities.
Prior to working for the INS, she worked for two years with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Hong Kong. Her duties as Deputy Field Officer for 5 months were to liaise with consulates, non-governmental organizations, the refugees, and the Hong Kong government to resolve any disputes or issues arising in a refugee camp setting. This included human rights monitoring, compliance with international detention requirements, and organizing the day-to-day activities for food, water and shelter. For another 19 months, she interviewed unaccompanied minors and advised the Hong Kong government about their refugee status and durable solution. This involved the application of complex international law and the consideration of foreign policy issues.
She asist the diabled, elderly, HIV-positive, and poor populations in California to attain citizenship so they can become full productive members of society.

She retired in 2017 for medical reasons.

Email: [protected]@aol.com Phone: [protected]

Ju
Jul 26, 2019

Comments

•   Jul 26, 2019

You might want to have them correct your resume. “She asist the diabled” is incorrect but I haven’t read it all.

The business doesn’t want people working there. It’s their business and they have the right to ask you to leave.

Your resume wasn’t necessary here.

•   Jul 30, 2019

If you wrote your resume like you wrote this complaint, no wonder!