Family Dollar Storesunprofessional customer service - store # 10504

August 16, 2018

Location:
Store #: 10504

Description:

Customer Service professionalism and respect for customers at the above location and surrounding areas is extremely poor. On the above date, at approximately 6:30 - 7:00 pm, a store associate was using her personal cell phone rather than open a register to assist the only cashier. A gentleman before me in line became frustrated and asked this store associate, who is Spanish, to get off her personal phone to open an additional cash register; she replied " I can do whatever the [censored] I want to do, I'm a grown-ass woman, married, and have a job." I agreed with his comment, she called me a b*%@! and told me I can get the [censored] out of the store, then threat to have me banned from the store.

The only cashier on the register, who appears to be from Bangladesh, Iran, or another similar country, joined the conversation only to call me a stupid crackhead, ghetto b*%@! over-and-over again. I admit, after their comments I became very irate, I simply asked to purchase my items to allow me to leave the store. He refused.

A heated argument ensued between all three of us because of their derogatory remarks. The male new-hire or transfer cashier refused to allow the purchase of my items, which caused the line to be held-up for approximately 30-45 minutes. They made threats to call the police, I agreed to their making the call because of their constant derogatory remarks, and the fact that the Spanish, female, employee initiated the argument. It takes two to argue. The police came, listened to both statements, then simply stated he spoke to the store manager and I am banned from the store. No problem! That is their solution to every incident; poor management. Where was this manager during the entire encounter? Their work ethics is a disgrace to the company and an insult to this black community in which they work. Mind you, I am a regular customer that has never been a problem to them in the past. Because they both initiated the outbursts, they should both be fired AND banned from working for Family Dollar. Obviously, the Family Dollar Corporation does not value their customers located in" poor, low-middle income, urban" areas.

NOTE:

The shelves are always poorly stocked, clothes, shoes, countless other items are always strewn on the floor, in the aisles, falling from hangers, unorganized or missing from shelves. Boxes are over-stacked in the aisles and storage area daily, weekly, monthly, yearly. The floor throughout the store is filthy-dirty, large amounts of garbage, dust, store items lay beneath the floor shelves.

There is always a long wait, a long line to reach the register, store associates do not and will not open additional registers to assist. This associate tries to make herself look busy when she and store managers are being paid for doing absolutely nothing. The only persons that work is the one and only cashier.

I have addressed these issues with corporate, via email, many times; nothing is done to resolve any of the above issues. I suppose because it is a discount store, it doesn't matter.

Perhaps someone from corporate should consider the show "Undercover Boss."

P.S. Pictures attached

• Updated by J M · Aug 17, 2018

Derogatory remarks made by store employees (Race: other than Black/African American)

Solution to every incident is to ban customers from their stores

Lack of professional customer service and management experience

Lack of courteous and professional ability to problem solve