Family Dollarnot a good place to work at!

Just letting people know, if you are interested in getting a job at Family Dollar, you better hope and pray there is not anything that will happen while you are employed there. I was working at the Family Dollar in Moncks Corner for over a year and my kids got into a major car accident. I had to take some time off because I was taking them both back and forth, 40 mins away, to hospitals or surgeons after the accident. My boss told me to take some time off because of this problem, because I was the only one that could take them. My husband is in the miitary and out alot so he was not able to help much. When I was able to return to work, my boss told me to come back on a Friday morning to work. I came in with my uniform on and was told by the ###. manager that I had to do another application. After the application, she told me I had to go home until they called me back in after I was told to work that morning. Well a few days went by and I called and they kept telling me that they had to wait for my application to go threw again. I still didnt know why I had to re-do another application because I did not quit. So by the end of the week, I never heard anything. I called my boss and she told me that I could no longer work there because I did not give a 2 week notice. I told her I never quit, and she said she knew that but they took me out of the system. I wrote corporate and asked why I was not longer able to work there, because I never quit my job and told them what had happened. They wrote me back and said they will get back in touch with me that they needed to investigate in what had happened. I never heard back from them. I have proof of the accident and pictures of it all, to let them know that was the truth that happened, and why I wasnt able to come back in at the time. I called my boss on the scene of the accident, so she was up dated the whole time of it all. Its awful how your job will let you go after they told you that you still had your job after a bad thing like this.

• Re
    ReneeC1 Jan 06, 2012

But the manager rehired me and told me to come to work the next morning and I did not hear anymore from her. There are people working there now that cannot pass a drug test or background test but I guess thats good business. My kids got hurt and I had to deal with them when my manager kept telling me to take some more time off that I had my job still. Thats not a good business. The lawyer we are dealing with also said the same thing. Family Dollar is no place to work!!

• Ramelle Dec 30, 2011