Extreme Acai BerryNo authorization for product or charge

I ordered free samle and paid 3. 50 to cover shipping. Nothing was ever mentioned about autoship or having to order anymore products. I am now getting charged for product i did not order. Dd8ca

• Ki
    Kimberly Sep 19, 2008

I am dealing with the SAME SCAM!! Those guys are crooks and you have no idea you're signing up for an auto-ship scam! I am dealing with this with my credit card company. I have also put in a complaint to the better business bureau. ALL of the phone numbers that they give you to cancel don't work. Wow. I was hosed.

sam Sep 26, 2008

Extreme Acaiberry
    4650 SW 51st Street
    Suite 711
    Davie, FL 33314

This is the address of the company that got me for $89.00! I am very careful about reading the fine print, but guess I missed it somehow. I called and they said they would stop the autoship, but they would not refund any money. I too reported them to the better business bureau. Hope we can get them stopped.

• El
    Elizabeth Kooy Oct 01, 2008

RIP OFF IS A NICE WORD.. THIS CRAP IS BASICALLY SUGAR PILLS WITH FLAVORING.

THEY GOT ME FOR $90 AND I CANCELLED MY DEBIT CARD FOR REPLACMENT.

WHAT EVER YOU DO...THIS IS JUST ONE BIG SCAM!!! DO NOT ORDER TRAIL OFFER, DO NOT

GIVE OUR ANY CREDIT/DEBIT CARD INFO.

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!

• Vl
    V. Lopez Oct 08, 2008

The worst thing about this company, other than the SCAM they are pulling, and the sugar pill thing, they show complete indifference to our injustice and Stephanie, Badge #66729, of whom I spoke to as a supervisor, did not feel threatened or even care. They give businesses a bad name. I sure hope they get closed and all of the people there lose their jobs and can't even afford gas to find a new one. How's that for indifference?

• Te
    Terri Oct 14, 2008

I bought the trial bottle of Acai Berry thinking I was only paying shipping and handling. Now I am signed up for some fitness program for $29.95 per month and I never even signed up with them. I never received anything saying I was signed up, just a charge on my debit card, after I ordered the Acai Berry order. What can I do to stop this and get my money back? No hope reaching them by phone, I have e-mailed them, awaiting a reply now. any suggestions?

Joanne Miller Oct 14, 2008

I've read many complaints about this company and how they're stealing our money. I don't disagree that they're not to be trusted however I started to order the product and looked all over the website for terms and or policies. At the very bottom there is a link called "terms". If you open that page, it's very clear what they will do under this so-called free trial participation, right down to the detail of your 14 day free trial period starts when the order is processed. So after reading this it was clear to me that I would not be ordering the free trial. My point is that the information is right there for anyone to read. The company is not hiding it (granted it's a little buried), but all the info is there so people should read the fine print. I even tried calling the phone # they show for canceling and couldn't get through. I did all of this in advance of ordering and suggest that more people do the same. Yet I'm truly sorry for anyone that gets caught up in this.

• Ji
    Jimmy Porter Oct 16, 2008

I was livid at that I fell for this one. I called my credit card company and immediately cancelled my credit card and was issued a new one. I tried calling these people and the phone just rang and rang. I tried again and voice mail answered and put me on hold until I hung up. I called again and they were busy. Then I found this page and I thought what a stupid fool I have been. They got me for two months, but my card, Visa, said they would pursue the matter, send me a new card now. and credit my account for two months charges. Whew, someone was with me on this one.

Joe Oct 17, 2008

I am unable to contact Extreme Acai Berry to cancel my orders at 877 350-8480. I have call at least 40 times and have never been able to speak to a representative.

• We
    wendy76 Oct 17, 2008

Does anyone have a real contact number or solution to this problem i dont want to be charge but I'm getting screwed because no one has a contact number for this seller and that bogus number no one picks it up!

[email protected]

suzann cohen Oct 18, 2008

Actually, I have looked at all of the "Free" websites too. Once you get to the credit card input page there is very clearly a disclaimer that you will be billed every 31 days (it is in fine print). However, nobody just GIVES anything away. The old addage that if something seems too good to be true it probably is always applies to online purchases. You have to READ the fine print. If you didn't unfortunately that is your own fault. I read it on every website and that is why I googled a search for "purchase acai berry pill without auto ship" which brought me here. If I saw it then everyone else here would have if they had simply taken the time to read. They also give you a phone number to call to stop auto ship and say that if you do not call during the 14 day trial they will automatically bill your card for future shipments. Sorry to rain on everyone's parade but the websites weren't scamming anyone. People are upset with these companies when had they bothered to do their due diligence prior to purchasing (like I just did) they would have either not purchased or they would have purchased and made sure they took down the number and called to cancel it as soon as they received the product. No one should be mad at anyone but themselves. Sorry, but that is simply the fact. Look at the websites again guys and I'm SURE you will see the same thing I have seen. (P.S. I have been looking at the free trials off and on for the last month or so and I KNOW that they have had these disclaimers for atleast that long and I would imagine they ALWAYS had them).

jas Oct 24, 2008

call 18012087490

• Wa
    wanda lopez Oct 24, 2008

I call on Monday 10/20/08 to cancell my order, because I never received the free trial and i was on hold for 25 min. and they was traing to extend the trial for Nov. 10, 2008 and I was charge to my account $89.31 yesterday and I will like to have that removed form my account.

• Mo
    Molly Oct 24, 2008

THEY HAD BETTER PUT MY MONEY BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT.MY BANK IS ON IT NOW.THEY TOOK 89.31 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT THEY ARE SCAM ARTIST AND IT HAD BETTER GO BACK.

Jackie Warner Oct 25, 2008

I ordered a sample at shipping cost. In the package there was a phone number to call if I did not want them to send more shipments at $89.31 14 days after my order was placed. I tried to call and the line rang busy all day. I called my credit card company and stopped payment and they gave me another phone number to call and the same thing happened. Some times it would go on hold and I stayed on hold for over an hour...still nothing. I received another package and am taking the package back to the post office to return...but I have checked the address on the return and it is fraudulent. I want to file a complaint and hope the web site where I saw and answered the ad will consider checking out their advertisements so others don't have this happen to them. The credit card said to send the package back as soon as I got it...so I hope this will work.

• Je
    Jessica Oct 25, 2008

THEY GOT ME TOO NOW I CAN'T CANCEL THIS ### WE NEED TO START A PETITION AND SUE THERE ### FOR THIS THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD TWICE ALREADY... I NEED MY MONEY FOR OTHER THINGS THE ### DON'T EVEN WORK O.M.G ... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME... DO ANYONE HAVE A REAL NUMBER I ORDERED THE SUPREME AND THE REGULAR ACAI BERRY CLEANSING... PLEASE HELP ME...

• Ty
    Tyler Oct 27, 2008

Just so everyone is clear...there is a legit disclaimer on the bottom of the checkout and term section. However, all the numbers listed are disconnected. Those backing up the company should understand that some caught the charge in time, however, they do not even have a working number. Worthless business. ### on earth.

• Du
    Dustie L Anderson Oct 28, 2008

I agree this is reduculous these people are ripping us off and it needs to be stopped no one can get ahold of anyone to cancell what can we do?

Angelmaddy Oct 28, 2008

MY complaint is pretty much the same as every one elses. This company is impossible to get thru to, I've been trying for over a week to get thru to them. The phone number is either always busy, or they tell you all their company representatives are busy, please press "1" to stay on the line, when you press 1 you are immediately disconnected. I called back pressed "2" to leave a message for someone to call me back, never recieved a call back. I finally got thru tonight, the woman was very rude and unsympathetic when I told her I've been trying to get thru for over a week, she proceeded to tell me that they are there M-F from 8 am - 5pm MST. I told her I wanted to cancel my order, she gave me a cancellation confirmation number, I asked if my account would be credited, nope, shipement has already been shipped, I said I will send it back unopened, nope it's unrefundable. This is absurd, you can't get thru to them within the allotted time, then when you do, they are very rude to you. The icing on the cake is that I have gained 3 pounds in 1 week using this garbage. I have filed a report with the Utah BBB. I am also contacting my bank (which knows about this company) to see if they will intervene on my behalf. My account is overdrawn and the bank has been most helpful. Goodluck to everyone, pass the word to all your friends not to buy this product, I am.

• Id
    I DAMON Oct 28, 2008

I FINALLY FOUND ANOTHER NUMBER AND WAS ABLE TO CANCEL

1-877-859-1069

Cheryl Oct 28, 2008

My story is like all the others. Never even got the trial product until 14 days--exactly--after I ordered. Then read the fine print in the slip they enclosed in the order, notifying me that I had agreed to have my credit card charged $89.31 automatically for future shipments. I immediately began calling the cancellation number they gave, and it would either ring busy or get a message that "all circuits are busy--try again later". After a morning of trying to call to cancel, I realized I had been had. I phoned my credit card company, and indeed there was a pending charge of $89.31 waiting. My credit card company told me they couldn't do anything until it was actually charged, but she made notes in my record she said would help in disputing the charge later. In reading through others' stories, I used the 877-615-4233 number "Sandra" had posted --- and I actually got someone on the phone. She claimed it was her first day there and she sounded a bit clueless, but she did state she would cancel the subscription and refund my account -- which should take around 14 days to appear. She did give me a confirmation number when I asked for one. I hope this works, but I'm not feeling very confident. I plan to phone my credit card company back again tomorrow and discuss canceling the card. (Thanks, Sandra, for posting that number!)

Sue Oct 29, 2008

I read the Terms and Conditions and knew what to expect. My plans were to cancel before the 14 day period was over. What I did not expect was for noone to answer the phone at 1-877-350-8480. I tried calling for several days before calling my bank. I was all set to cancel my bank card when they provided me with a different phone number to call. I called 1-877-615-4233 and what do you know someone picked up the first time. If anyone is having trouble getting through to the number on the website I highly suggest calling the second number. Hope this helps.

andree Nov 05, 2008

me too i am so stupid now iam in it will try to phone tomorrow but i dont have any paper from that ### only with my name and phone ould it be ok?

andree Nov 05, 2008

all together what can we do we cannot let those peoples making money that way
    whos got an idea?

andree Nov 05, 2008

is somoene knows a phone number who dont cost me anything i am from canada

andree Nov 05, 2008

its impossible to reach s omebody or email that company i dont know what to do and its been 4 days and i received another butle .

andree Nov 05, 2008

well wel i just phone and i speak tp emy she was very nice and give me a cancellation number so it was fast and nice

• Me
    Mel Nov 06, 2008

I was able to successfully reach someone today that assured me my account with them would be canceled. We'll see if they were lying.
    I reached them at 877.859.1109

BEWARE! - Ordering this "free" trial of Acai Berry also
    automatically signed me up for The Fit Factory www.fit-fac.com which is an online trainer.
    They charged me $39.99.
    I reached them at 866.407.1022.
    They also said they would discontinue my account and stop billing me.

These people are really ###!!!

• Ds
    DSolum Nov 07, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me! These people just want to be able to get money from your bank account without giving you anything in return. Even if you DO get the product, it's just another pyramid scam, looking for suckers to con more people out of their money! These people need to be stopped.

• Ra
    rachel Nov 14, 2008

I clicked on an ad on the internet about this acai berry weightloss story, and it then took me to www. extremeacaiberry.com, and I order my trial bottle for 3.95 for shipping charges. I had a 14 day trial period that I had to call to cancel if i did not want to be charged 89.31 for another bottle. Well i did not even recieve my trial bottle about 20 days after i originally ordered it, and the trial period starts the day of ordering, and then when i try to call the phone number given to cancel, it is always busy. I think it is a scam...I called my credit card company and disputed the charges. We will see what happens...but buyer beware of this company!!!

• Da
    Danielle Nov 17, 2008

Back in October, I clicked on an ad, which was advertied on myspace.com, about this acai berry weightloss story, and it then took me to www. extremeacaiberry.com, and I ordered my trial bottle for 3.95 for shipping charges. I had a 14 day trial period that I had to call to cancel if i did not want to be charged 89.31 for another bottle. I never received an email confirmation in regards to my trial bottle. Furthermore, I never recieved my trial bottle. I was recently charged $89.31 on my current billing statement. I tried numberous times to call the phone number listed on my credit card statement and it is always busy or I am on hold for 20 minutes at a time. This is a scam and needs to be taken care of quickly.

• Ni
    Nicole Andrews Nov 17, 2008

This is defo a scam. I'm in the UK and have been trying for days to get through and cancel. I've cancelled my card straight away (didn't see the terms until after signing up - how dumb!) Has anyone had any luck stopping these people????

• Te
    terr meraz Nov 17, 2008

Did the same thing to me, the numbers don't work and I was charged 90 bucks. I'm pissed.

• Ci
    Cindy Nov 18, 2008

oh my god...it jst happened to me like 2 days ago..and i was panicking like hell..i guess here are some tips for those who are in hell..okay..so..jst try calling 1-877-350-8480. keep calling them...the best time would like 7-7:30 pm EST. STAY on the LINEE..then speak NICELY to the representative about cancellation and beg her to return the money.

the actual address of the company is 9140 South State St#202 Sandy, UT 84070

Company name: Crush LLC, phone 801 208 7485, fax:801 302 7485 or try to contact micheel anderson at 801 208 7485, or her email at [email protected]

i was able to talk to her representative there..she said she already has cancelled my "order". hope thats true...if u are still panicking about the preauthorized payments..feel free to email me at [email protected], i would love to help u out.

• Ka
    Kat Nov 24, 2008

After I had already purchased my products, I discovered these horrid stories -- I acted immediately. I called the 877-350-8480 and someone did pick-up, within 3minutes, AND he canceled any future shipments. I will be charged the S&H for the free trail, but that's all I wanted to try, the free trail. I'm really glad I read the reviews, you get the good with the bad... but this makes me wonder if it was really on a "case-by-case" scenario. I am at ease with AcaiBerry Extreme; however, I purchased another product that does not provide a telephone number... which makes me worry.

My best advice to those interested in trying the trail: Go online get the trail, call the number immediately and cancel any future shipments to prevent inconvenient costs. ALSO, BEFORE you purchase, make sure to READ the TERMS and CONDITION!!! It provides a ton of info you'll need, like cancellation information. It's obvious that if there is no information on canceling, you should NOT proceed with your order!

• Ap
    april Nov 26, 2008

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! i also got ripped off 89.31. they have been promising my refund for 30 days now and i was suppose to recieve it within 14 business days. it's been a month! i've talked to two supervisors and that was hard to get as usually i got the response they were not in, or were in meetings. . they told me their call unit is in UTAH however the main corp office is in davie fl. they did give me the address but they wont give me the phone number. i called last week and was told by the supervisor that my money will be sent to me in 5 business days now and i still have yet to receive it. i also spoke to Stephanie and she did seem concerened and even told me to call the atty gen office. she claims she didnt know the number to the corp office but could email them...again. she told me it would take 30-45 business days bcs the company was so busy.

Has anyone recieved their refund since the complaint????

• Da
    Darlene Day Nov 26, 2008

Call your bank & file a complaint. I called my bank & they were familure w/ this company & have had other complaints. They helped me by calling the autoship company & getting future shipments canceled. They advised me to send back product w/ COD. They said not to worry about an authrization code because the terms and conditions does not mention needing one. By the way, after holding for an hour & 17 minutes I got through to a human being & canceled the "trial." What a slimy company! They should be turned into channel 3 on your side.

• Ju
    june whelan Nov 30, 2008

for the second time.i want this acaislim cancelled.dont try charging my card.becouse i stopped all contacts .this stuff dont work.

• Pa
    PATRICIA BRANHAM Dec 02, 2008

$8. 51 is being charged to my credit card, i dont understand why, i recevied a sample 3. 95 shipping for that acai berry, but i canceled the order and received conformation, that been at least 2months ago, i call a spoke to someone over the phone, please address this problem, iam being charged for nothing

Susan Dec 09, 2008

OMG, what a terrible company. I am trying to get my $89.00 back from them.. They told me it was in the fine print. I told them.."This is a scam, you are taking advantage of hardworking people. If you really wanted your customers to know that they enrolled in auto ship, you would have enclosed the auto- ship notice with the free trial bottle rather than with the 2 auto-ship bottles costing $89.00. This would allow your customers to decide if they wanted to continue with the program or opt out. Additionally, the customers should be able to choose the date of the auto-ship, allowing them to decide when they wanted the shipments to be sent." I am filing with Better Business Bureau as well if I cannot get results.

• Gu
    Gumby1119 Dec 16, 2008

I just got charged $89.31. No, I did not see the fine print at the bottom of the website called "Terms". No, there was no prompt to read those terms prior to purchase of free trial bottle + s&d. I noticed 3 emails the next day stating I had joined their websites (no clue as to how they received my information until I read the fine print). I called fitfactory.com and cancelled the trial membership within the week they gave me and I got a confirmation number. Changingshapeonline.com says I have a free 2-year membership. I can't find anywhere on the one email from them where I can cancel it. I went to the website with the login information they gave me and couldn't find contact information to cancel the free membership. Pricelimbo.com sent an email welcoming me to their company, but it said nothing about being charged for the membership, and nothing about how to cancel it.

After I noticed this charge today, I called the number attached to it (877-615-4233). I spoke with Mae (extension 23957) who claimed to be a supervisor and stated they are not allowed to give out their last names. After a brutal battle of words, she conceeded with giving me a half-refund which I will receive in 14 business days and a free bottle (since I have yet to receive the original "free" bottle). She cancelled my membership but gave me no confirmation except her word.

I googled the company and found this page and read all the complaints. I placed a complaint with the BBB - which I recommend to all of you, whether or not it gets accepted as a viable complaint since I did not notice the "Terms" prior to purchase, it will get the word out that this company scams people.

Then I called the customer service number listed on the "Terms" (866-407-1022). I spoke with Gerald Anderson (who had no issue with giving me his last name). He verified that all memberships linked to my personal information have been cancelled and gave me a confirmation number.

After reading some of the other complaints on this page, I am still very skeptical about this company having my financial information. I plan to cancel my card in 15 business days whether or not I receive the refund check, and I plan to file a fraud report with my bank once the transaction becomes final.

DO NOT purchase from this company. Whether they go out of business from scamming people or from lack of income, that is the direction they need to go, and we as consumers need to guarantee that!