Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Expedia Very poor customer service which included multiple employees and multiple dishonest conversations.

Expedia review: Very poor customer service which included multiple employees and multiple dishonest conversations.

R
Author of the complaint
9:01 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Last year in Jan. I scheduled a trip for 3 people from Seattle to Houston through Expedia. I had to cancel this trip in March due to COVID. Because the trip used Alaska and Delta flights which have different policies trying to 'possibly' reschedule this year was a problem as Alaska at the time I contacted Expedia required we reschedule by 2/28 and travel by 4/5 which still seems a bit early with COVID's worst month of covid deaths just last month. I spent at least 4 hours on the phone in 4 different phone calls I made trying to get accurate information about this trip to either reschedule or request a refund. Two times I requested a 'supervisor' be involved as those who first answered were stumped and kept me on hold for long periods of time. Each time those supervisors assured me they would find out what could happen and would call me back within 2 days. Someone who identified himself as Arthur was first and 10 days later Vince William (supposedly a true name) made the same offer. Both confirmed my phone number and email and confirmed they would indeed be calling me back. To date I have heard nothing from either. Yesterday on my own I spoke with Alaska and Delta to get satisfaction. Both company representatives were cordial, polite and did exactly what they promised to do. I asked both Arthur and Vince at different times why would I work through Expedia if they were not helpful when a problem arises. I have my answer - I will no longer work through Expedia because they do not care about customers, lie when it suites them and are not a quality company. I may not be a large dollar customer, but I am one with many friends who will continue to hear about this. 2020 has been a challenging year for everyone - you no more than others. How you deal with challenges speaks volumes of your company character. Yours is shameful.

0 comments