Having problems with Etsy?

Etsy Customer Service Contacts

+1 718 855 7955 (United States)
+353 15 137 100 (Ireland)
117 Adams St (at Prospect St.)
Brooklyn, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Etsy Customer Service. Initial Etsy complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Etsy above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Etsy. Discuss the issues you have had with Etsy and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Etsy Complaints & Reviews

Etsy.com — this site needs more restrictions

This site needs more restrictions. I bought clothing off Thaisaket several months back, they lied about...

Etsy — useless trust and safety team/admin

I have perfect feedback over three years at Etsy. I recently was in a transaction which ended in dishonest...

Etsy.com — grow up etsy admin. and start behaving like professional adults

There are random, unpredictable rules being applied, sometimes with dire consequences, creating an extremely...

Etsy.com — avoid this website at all costs

The etsy website suckers people who cannot sell effectively on ebay by using the 'artists' ebay...

Etsy.com — prior to etsy closing my store with no warning

I am a former seller on Etsy...very successful and longtime seller, I might add. I had 100% feedback from all...

Etsy — made in china

THESE etsy SHOPS ARE NOTHING BUT HOBBY LOBBY CRAP FROM CHINA NOT VINTAGE OR HANDMADE PERIOD WHO ARE YOU...

Etsylacking - customer service

I have a store on etsy which I have been running for the past 7 months. I have steady sales and pay all of my dues on time.

I recently set up my own website with a few extra photos posted online and a shopping page linked to etsy. I guess (not sure yet) that etsy didn't want to have a link to my own website which is pretty much like a flickr site on my own store and therefore deactivated my store. They claimed that they sent me an email notification before shutting down which I never received.

My account was deactivated on Saturday and I have emailed and convoed etsy staff numerous times over the weekend and today. Still haven't heard anything from them. I have lost a few sales and have now started looking for other online platforms to sell.

Etsy might be a great market place for the buyers and sellers, but their customer service sucks!!

• Ta
      Tambo Collection Feb 17, 2013

I agree. If you cannot afford a website go to www.storenvy.com you can build a website here. There is also artfire. Etsy is a joke.

• Me
      meetstoo Aug 28, 2012

I totally agree with this seller. Etsy is not a shopping platform. It is a fantasy site for immature programmers and their "professional" photographer and artist managers to create an image of artists playfully making money selling their wares. Etsy has no reasonable business sense and thus has no customer support for either the buyer or the seller. They do not understand the concept of buying and selling and worse yet, they do not understand the concept of online buying and selling. I had a successful shop (albeit very low volume next to my Amazon, my Ebay and my website shops) that was closed by the Integrity Department under false accusations from somebody claiming my items were not hand-made. After spending more than 5 hours responding to their requests for pictures of my shop, receipts of materials, patterns, me in action making my products, tools used, and raw materials...they closed my account anyway. The implication was that I was lying about my business and my listings. Needless to say, I have not received a reinstatement, a phone call, or an apology. The emails from their Integrity Department were rude, accusatory, and insulting. I really can't understand how Etsy will survive without a steady stream of outside money nor can I understand how they can survive without management, personnel and policy changes.

Etsy . com — closed my account when I complained...

Etsy closed my account permanently when I complained about undeserved Negative Etsy Feedback from an Internet...

Etsyrip off

I bought a dress that looked really cute. The pictures were great and the description sounded wonderful... so I ordered this $65 dress. BOY WAS IT A RIP OFF! The thing did not look like the pictures. The material was not what was advertised, super cheap and poorly sewn. The back off the dress fell down to my waist, when it was supposed to cover your back, like the pictures show. This dealer MEimCRAZY was no help in getting a solution. She is out there selling crap product, so I gave a bad reveiw of the dress. She suggested I should wear it to a Katy Perry concert, but I COULD NOT WEAR THIS POORLY MADE CREATION ANYWHERE! It's no even fun to wear in the house. It's terrible. The seller then left ME bad feedback for telling them they made a crap dress. Etsy told me too bad. I deleted my account since I was totally ripped off and then this seller was just aweful to me and etsy said, "we don't care"

I will NOT buy from this site again. And I used to buy A LOT! I used to have 100% buyer rating... but this person ruined it and would not let me return the dress and they did not offer to fix it, probably because they have no actual skills. This dress costs probaly about 10 bucks to make and they put absoluely no time into making it. It arrived stuffed into a box, no folded or attempted folding, jsut balled up and stuffed into a box, with no notes on it. Then, I'm the one to get backfeed back? What a crap company!

I also had my own shop I was starting... no thank you now.

• Uk
        uknowimright Jan 25, 2012

Maybe you should have exercised a little more discretion in chosing the shop, I mean, come on her user ID is a dead giveaway. Maybe researching the dealer's other sales and reviews would have been a good idea before you bought the item.

Etsy — warning

This is a warning to anyone that may purchase a dress from Timeless Vixen Vintage on Etsy. DON'T DO IT...

Etsy — they are allowing a company commit fraud

I puchased 3 items from Etsy, AKA, Bellachicdesigns, the items says: only 1 available. I purchased 3...

Etsyripped off and harrassed

I bought a $65 dress on Etsy from a seller MEimCRAZY. It LOOKED liked a cute cupcake dress, but turned out to be falsely advertised. The material used on the dress was probably $10 and was completely see through. She said I should wear it to a Katy Perry concert, instead of what I wanted to do with the dress. But the dress was so poorly put together and the material was so cheap that I could not wear it ANYWHERE! I left negative feedback for the dealer, because the dress was stiched bad. The top and bottom of the dress were fraying a lot. The back of the dress, which was supposed to cover your back fell down to my waist. I had other people try it on, speciafically the girl I bought it for, and it dod the same thing. It was not the wrong size, it was jsut make badly! After I left the seller the negative feedback, and they would not fix the dress or let me return the dress, they left ME bad feedback!!! Just for not accepting a product that was unsatisfactory, for $65!!! I contacted the Etsy support to complain about the dealer. I told both etsy and the dealer I would find away to get rid of the dress since they would not accept it back, I just wanted the seller to take off the negative comment she had made. The seller told me to f-off and the etsy support basically said they dont care. I will NEVER buy from etsy again and I hope more people complain about this MEimCRAZY person, because they have no talent and make hidious dresses. It makes me wonder if they even made the dress in the picture they are advertising, because it looked so drastically different and was so poorly made. Anyone that spends that much money on a dress should get more then that. And if etsy wants people to keep buying from them, they should really support their buyers more. I had a store on etsy too, but have since closed up shop, because I don't want to support people that do not care abut their customers.

• Da
          Dawn Michelle May 06, 2011

I find it too coincidental that on e-bay, with only 20 minutes left in the auction, somebody suddenly comes up and tops my bid every time! You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that these "bids" are coming from the sellers. When that happens, I let them win.

• Sd
          sdwbean May 05, 2011

I buy on ebay all the time and have only had one problem, which was quickly resolved. Etsy just does not stand behind their buyers.

• Da
          Dawn Michelle May 05, 2011

Auction sites are all the same --- Items are sold by private individuals, NOT the site itself. I have learned to avoid any auction site, especially e-bay.

EtsyI will never shop there again

Etsy may benefit the vendor/seller but if you are a purchaser with a problem their "support team" only sends generated emails that go no where and to aggrivate you a little more sign it "Love The Etsy Team." I was wripped off by a seller and she closed her shop and it seems ETSY's support team is close minded when it comes to anything beyond making their site money. It has been week since my original complaint and I am waiting for a "real person" to finally get around to my issue. Goodbye ETSY - I will never shop there again!!!

• Ha
            harmonynme Mar 12, 2013

That's untrue. ETSY closes the seller's shop. Not the seller. What makes it unfair, is that it is then impossible for the seller to get into their own account to retrieve customer contact information, or even correct the problem.
            Etsy shop owners experience the same poor customer service. No replies to their support team by emails, no phone support exists; and for a company that has a net worth of $600 million, and generates nearly a billion dollars in sales, this type of business practice is inexcusable.

Comments
            Comments

Etsycustomer service

ordered a handmade product on line and paid by money order. After 1 month and many conversations contacted seller again to no avail...Still no refund no product...After 6 weeks she closed her stop with some bs excuse and never contacted me or refunded my money. Forget custoemr service...all you get is generated emails that never amount to anything other than aggrivation. I am out $30.00 and it doesn't seem that ETSY is too concered. There is basically NO customer service to answer your questions or help you. If you have a dishonest seller you ar e stuck and out the money you paid. I woudl never purchase anything from this web site again...too much aggravation and time spent chasing the seller and ANYONE from ETSY to actually resolve or respond to my problem..To bad ETSY...the concept of a handmade website was a great idea...your lack of customer service ruined it for all your sellers!!!

• Co
              Cowling May 10, 2012

Ive been a buyer on Etsy for about three months. Then abruptly they deactivated my account without any notice or explaination. I have bought many items and have no way of tracking or communicating with the sellers. I have tried many times to contact Etsy customer service and no one will contact me nor give me a reason on why they chose to deactivate my account. I have paid asap for every item I have purchased and have read their terms and found nothing I have done that would warrent this action. The only thing I have come up with is they have something against military families :(

• Ge
              Genevieve1 Jun 03, 2011

While many of the sellers on Etsy are wonderful people, Etsy has no customer support. Very little customer protection. No controls on their sellers policies. They take no responsibility when something goes wrong. Hardly even answer you.

They even made my problem with a seller worse by telling the seller I turned them in for selling outside Etsy (they would lose their fee), even though I was just asking about what protection I had in this transaction. They used this information without my knowledge or permission. So bottom line, they have caused me alot of time, stress, and trouble, all by just looking out for their own bottom line.

Etsy — deleted without an explanation and harassing emails without provocation

As both a seller and consumer on etsy for the better part of 3 years, I can say with much experience that the...