Having problems with Etsy?

Etsy reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 2, 2010. The latest review Billing was posted on Apr 10, 2021. The latest complaint closing shop without notice was resolved on Jul 07, 2014. Etsy has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 143 reviews. Etsy has resolved 5 complaints.

Etsy Customer Service Contacts

+1 718 855 7955 (United States)
+353 15 137 100 (Ireland)
117 Adams St (at Prospect St.)
Brooklyn, New York

Etsy Complaints & Reviews

Etsycan't open etsy shop

when i try to open an etsy shop, i can only get to the stage where you have to fill in my credit card details. after that, i get to the ‘verify your identity' form and fill it out correctly, but it keeps saying that it can't verify my identity. really frustrating and i can't even go back and change the credit card and try again with a different one! please help

can't open etsy shop

Etsygetting paid

I recently closed my Etsy shop I had 4 orders to fill and submit tracking numbers for I did that but Etsy is saying my account is under investigation and they have until Jan of 2020 to complete the investigation..I hv contact customer Service 10 times in 2 days and still hv not gotten this issue taken care of.. why would my account be under investigation why are the holding my funds totaling 188.00 I ship the order submitted shipping confirmation numbers and still no payment to my account has been posted there is no customer Service number other than representative who can't help u but only escalated your case my case has been escalated 9 times and still no call no email no anything..
    Shonte Thompson
    Jackson Ms 39213
    [protected]@gmail.com
    [protected]

Etsyhttps://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/abiddabling

I wanted to order a pair of wedding sandals from ABiddaBling through Etsy for $135.29 CAD plus shipping. I didn't realize I hit the "Submit" button twice until I received two pairs of sandals in one box. The sandals were flimsy and oversized. When I contacted the seller she was unsympathetic saying her policy was no returns. Ultimately, I was charged $347.28 CAD, including two shipping charges of $36.91 CAD for a outrageous total of $73.82 CAD shipping for a single package that weighed 1 lb 15 oz! I opened a case for review but Etsy gave me zero consideration. I'm stuck with two pairs of sandals I can't use and a bill for $347.28 CAD!

Jul 10, 2019

Out West Paracord Design — amber carter owner

Do not purchase from this company as the owner, Amber Carter is unprofessional and an online troll who...

Etsyexchange jacket

I ordered a leather jacket march 8th 2019 from Harley world. It was too small.
        I sent many messages asking how to exchange it. I filled out the exchange form and returned jacket to manufacturer April 20th at a cost of $70. On June 8th, the jacket was returned to me in the same box I sent it in (in deplorable condition). Box had not been opened, the same jacket wrong size was returned to me. So it had made a round trip to Pakastan with no resolved results at my expense.
        Again repeatedly sent messages thru Etsy with no answers.
        I desire a full refund and my shipping expense of $70.
        The jacket is in great condition. Where do I sent it back to?

Jeff Maurer

Etsyembroidery pattern

I purchased an embroidery pattern. The download was supposed to include a pdf file containing a color and stitch chart. It did not. I emailed the seller; no response.
          I then reached chat and had 2 conversations (1st chatter dropped off). The first chatter used too much slang. When I explained the problem, his only resolution was to contact the seller. I explained the download contains a group of programs which download into an embroidery machine (each programs= in the download are different computer language programs based upon the manufacturer of the machine). He then said to download the files, which I had already told him I did). To his credit, he then dropped off the conversation instead of embarrasssing himself further. The second chatter asked the same questions, after reading the previous exchange. When I explained what the download contained and that their description of the product (on Etsy's site) stated a pdf would be included, she advised that the product did not include a pdf product for working with the embroidery pattern. She totally ignored the fact that the was a separate item on every product. In addition, we usually use a particular embroidery format, called PES. The Etsy site does not list that as an available format. Yet, the second chatter said it was available.
          Admittedly, embroidery products are a unique item. But Etsy employees have no competence for the company to be offering them.
          Both chatters used a lot of slang. The second chatter failed to properly proof her message before sending it out so it made no sense. These people were a poor representation for this company. For convenience, the order number is: [protected].
          I finally did more research and found the same product on another embroidery product site at a lower price and in the proper format. I successfully downloaded it and the color chart and stitch guide.
          Given the fact that I had to download a workable product from another site, I request a refund. If needed, my email address is:
          [protected]@gmail.com

Etsychampagne bubble glasses

Tried to get information about the glasses. Like the dimensions height width because there was no information provided. Seller finally contacted me after days and days. D days of trying to contact her. I even called Etsy to see if they could contact her but that was useless. Tried to placate me by yessing me. Yes ma'am and yes ma'am. After seller contacted me she told me she was too busy studying and to giver her a day to go to her storage find the glasses to measure them. Since that day it has been over a week. Tried to contact her multiple times and no response. Obviously she does not want to sell these glasses. Why list them? Why bother? At least answer the buyer tell the buyer you don't want to sell. Instead have me emailing like a fool waiting to hear from you for the glasses.

Etsyjaipur stones

This seller is advertising as 100% natural gemstones and they are not real, they are synthetic. I made 2 purchases on May 10, 2019 and May 12 2019.

I have disputed these charges with Paypal and American express.
              Paypal reached out to Abdul Hamid and said would give me a refund if I mailed back the stones. I am sure when he said that he was aware the cost to ship to him was more than my purchase...100 dollars to ship overseas.

Etsyseller-lynleeslooksboutique -

I have never in my life experienced something like this, not on amazon, ebay, itunes, fashion nova, the internet, etc. I have never bought an item from a"professional seller" who was not able to meet their 3-4 week deadline. What is the purpose of your selling then?

I purchased a monsters inc cake smash outfit for my baby who turned 1 year on may 19th, 2019. My son had a party scheduled for may 18, 2019 and the outfit I bought on april 23, 2019 from etsy seller~lynleeslooksboutique ~was canceled 3 days before my sons birthday photo shoot. The seller confirmed I would receive my item on may 16th, 2019 and canceled my order on may 14th without any proof that delivery would be delayed. The real is that this seller could not meet the deadline. The crazy part is that I cannot even leave a review on this ladies page because the item was never delivered to me so the option does not pop-up. I cannot even express my concerns to warn other customers of my experience.

I want to report this seller so busy hardworking moms like me won't have to deal with unprofessional sellers like this who cancel your order after the money has been debited form your checking account. I had to pay $34.00 for expedited shipping on another outfit. The fact that etsy allows the seller to cancel orders without a heads up is ridiculous. Lazy sellers who can't meet the deadlines should be against etsy. Policies. Why are you allowing seller within the u.S. To take over 21 days to create and ship an item, if ebay can ship and deliver an item internationally from china in 3 weeks why can't this esty seller???

Please warn people about this seller!

Etsyorder# [protected]

I ordered from this ship on April 12, 2019. I have not received my items. When I looked at the tracking it says Pretransit since April 18, 2019. I was under the impression that this was coming from My new Jersey.
                  I have sent several emails to this shop and still have not received an answer. I have no tryst in this shop!
                  I want a full refund! This has put a very bitter taste in my mouth with Etsy.

All I'm asking for is a full refund, because U never received my items.

Very Disappointed,
                  Mary Crawford

order# [protected]

Etsymerchandise not delivered? consumers beware etsy's no refund policy!

Case #[protected]. On 2/28/19 I purchased a $69 ring on Etsy website. The vendor is in India. Five weeks later the tracked location of the merchandise was still New Delhi, India. So, on 4/3/19 I requested a refund, which Etsy denied, 4/14/19.
                    Note: Etsy's only payment service provider is PP. Etsy contracts with vendors internationally to produce and deliver customer merchandise. The vendor, w/wo Etsy involvement, is responsible to secure reliable delivery service (UPS, DHL, other). Also to insure the merchandise before relinquishing it for delivery service. Etsy's position regarding denial of my refund is absurd! "Etsy's policies do not hold sellers responsible for shipping delays or errors as long as the seller is able to prove that they shipped the order...We recommend that you contact the shipping service for assistance with locating the package." The merchandise was never delivered. At no point in time was it ever mine. My folly was doing business with Etsy, in the first place.

JohnBuck Apr 19, 2019

Wow, this is just pure comic relief! Did you contact PayPal to contest the charge from Etsy? Or did you just go right to this board to start a complaint?!? I'll break it down for you in layman's terms: no one gives a crap about your complaints. We would all rather hear of your successes and how to properly handle these kinds of situations, as opposed to your negative & feeble-minded attempt to resolve said situation. I mean c'mon now, there is more than 1 way to skin a cat y'know?!?

• Oa
                        Oasis Sykes Apr 19, 2019

Have you filed a complaint with the BBB?

Etsycase #[protected], order #[protected] handmade jewelry order

On 2/28/19 I purchased a $69 ring through Etsy website. The vendor is in India.
                      On 4/3, I requested a full refund because after 5 weeks, the last tracking location of merchandise was New Delhi, India. Although its the vendors responsibility to secure a reliable delivery service provider, also to insure merchandise b4 relinquishing it for delivery service in the event that it is lost or stolen, Etsy refused my refund request: "Etsy's policies do not hold sellers responsible for shipping delays or errors, as long as the seller is able to prove that they shipped the order... We recommend that you contact the shipping service for assistance with locating the package." This position is absurd! PayPay was eventually able to secure my refund.

Etsyseller complaint

I opened an Etsy shop approximately 9 months ago. A friend, who had been doing business with Etsy for several years, helped me to open the shop and helped me to list the items I wanted in my shop. Recently, my shop was shut down. Even though Etsy claimed to have sent me an e-mail, they did not. They sent that e-mail to my friend. She has violated Etsy policy. Because her IP address was used to log into my shop, Etsy not only shut her down, they shut me down too. I contacted Etsy and only received automated responses from Etsy legal. I question if they actually have employees in that department as I would send a message stating that I had never received an e-mail from them and did not have any associated shops. The response was always "check the e-mail we sent to you for the information'. I would reply "I didn't get an e-mail from you" and the response was "check the e-mail we sent to you for the information". I think the respondent is either a computer or a terribly lazy employee. After getting nowhere with legal, I filed a dispute with Etsy. The note I received after the dispute was filed said that someone would be in touch with me when my dispute was reviewed by the legal staff. I went into the dispute center to check the status of my dispute and guess what??? The dispute was marked "Complete" and I NEVER received any communication at all from Etsy. In addition, they are holding my last pay for 6 MONTHS AND I DID NOTHING WRONG! I guess they can scam some interest $ on my money for the next 6 months. My items were custom made and nothing could be returned after 30 days so there was no reason to hold my money for 6 months!!! Etsy has also taken from seller's bank account (google search for February 22, 2019) and are now skimming money from the top of sellers accounts. Sellers are setting a minimum charge for Etsy services and Etsy is over charging those folks by a penny or so each time they provide the service (which is multiple times a day). With hundreds of thousands of sellers, they are making a killing stealing from their sellers! Etsy is the most unethical company I have every had the non-pleasure of working with. This business is a cesspool of unethical behavior and unscrupulous business practices.

Etsyaccount deposits

These idiots need to be shut down. No phone number to contact them for account issues and emails get unanswered or go in circles of not answering questions or complaints. They have literally held my deposits hostage since 2018. They blame it on my bank but they are depositing than retracting. I have sent numerous emails only to get some so sorry return emails after a 2/3 day circle jerk. Anyone else with this issue? I want to file a class action.

Jan 12, 2019

Etsy.com — etsy removed me items for sale after being paid 480.00 worth of listings 2488 of them.

Etsy wrongfully suspend my account 14 days early. When I paid what they wanted and they only put 774 of my...

Vidor

Etsyscentsationalbyalli

On Nov. 28th 2018 order was placed on line for Soy Wax Melts by this company. I ordered this product and the estimated delivery was suppose to be by Dec. 3-6, as of now I have not received my order. I have sent several emails requesting status of my order from this company, but have not received a reply from the seller. I am now getting frustrated and feel like maybe I have been scammed.

Etsy — incorrect order sent

On the 11/10/18 I placed an order with this company for a piece of word art. They replied more or le...

Etsy — seller's complaint

I am a seller in Etsy for 4 years, everything works fine until last year. My account was suspended, the...

Etsyservice/ the worst would not recommend

People be ware! Do not open your business with ETSY CORP they will shut your shop down in a heart beat and not care that you quick your job to become a full time ETSY seller. Also people do not buy from ETSY very un professional the way they handle orders everyones information is exposed do not buy from here! Your personal info is exposed very dangerous !

Etsyseller complaint

I am putting in a complaint against seller (xlr8imports)! I am so furious that people can just talk to people any way they feel and please. All I did was contact the seller to see if he can expedite an item I was interested in buying since I need it within a certain time frame and his/her response to me was "please do not purchase this item and do not contact me again". I mean really? Why is such a mean and degrading seller still allowed to sell on Etsy and better yet what gives them the right to speak with me like that??? I want the seller removed if they dont apologize or I will make a remove with BBB and consumer dept. Unacceptable! I have proof of conversation if needed.
                                Maria Colandrea