Having problems with Etsy?

Etsy reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 2, 2010. The latest review Billing was posted on Apr 10, 2021. The latest complaint closing shop without notice was resolved on Jul 07, 2014. Etsy has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 143 reviews. Etsy has resolved 5 complaints.

Etsy Customer Service Contacts

+1 718 855 7955 (United States)
+353 15 137 100 (Ireland)
117 Adams St (at Prospect St.)
Brooklyn, New York

Etsy Complaints & Reviews

Dec 11, 2019

Etsy — christmas ornaments

When I ordered This item on nov 17 it said I would receive by dec 11, and I really needed it by the 12th. Two...

Etsycrosstitchersnook. a pattern I did not receive from her

I purchased an instant download cross stitch pattern yesterday from crosstitchersnook Julie Grimm. I've not received the pattern nor an email from her etc. they took the $10 out of my bank account but I've not received my merchandise. I've messaged the shop several times without any response from her. Can you please advise me how to get my pattern or my money back? Thank you. My email is [protected]@cox.net. My name is Tina Raynell Ashley.

Etsydelivery/ service

I am a first time ETSY customer. On the 9th November I ordered 2 different personalised cushions, from 2 different sellers. I requested both to be delivered to the same address. The first was delivered in a timely manner, to the address I requested.
    The second cushion is currently being help hostage by the seller Currents and Clouds. They are demanding additional delivery charge. I can't get my head around this as the first seller managed to deliver to the address given.
    I have tried to have ETSY intervene several times and they seem unwilling.
    Would love some advise on how to resolve this. I am reluctant to hand over more money...

Etsyorder is [protected].

I placed an order on 12/1 from ArtMova for a portrait from a picture. I paid $128 for it. I found no way to attach the picture that would be the subject of the portrait, so I emailed the seller for instruction - twice. I have sent four emails since and have had no response. The last message requested a cancellation. Please intervene for me for a refund. They won't respond to me.

Dec 04, 2019

Etsy — celtic knot necklace

I am complaining about the excess customs charge which I was not made aware of - despite checking Peat Fire...

Etsyiwant8keys

I received an email stating my order #[protected] had been shipped.
        I checked and my credit card had been charged.
        I DID NOT place this order.
        I am 70, spend my time at home where I have a mobile phone and clocks. I have absolutely no use for watch.
        I contacted the seller 6 days ago via email, asking that they reverse the charge to my card. I advised the bank and they suggested I give the seller an opportunity to reverse the charge. Seller has not responded or reversed the charge. I understand that this was a mistake but it was not my mistake. I need the charge reversed. I have removed my credit card information so further mistakes will not happen. I am very disappointed in the vendor's failure to respond. I am also that Etsy allows vendor's
        that choose not to correct their mistakes.

Glenda Emmewtt
        [protected]@sbcglobal.net

Nov 18, 2019

Etsy — breach of contract for finances for a sellers account

Via etsy payments, on request of next day payments we would always receive our monies next day at around 3pm...

Etsycustomer support

For 2019, Etsy officially has the worst customer service on the internet, especially for sellers. It shouldn't take days to get a response. The chat service should be able to do more than simply pass on your request to another department...what's the point of having them there unless it's just for lip service?
          I have set up a shop and it isnt showing in any searches, even when I search for the shop name "Frankie Haylock Design" - I recieve a message saying it doesnt exist.
          "24/7 customer service" is untrue and decieving. It is clear that Etsy need to expand their workforce to keep up with demand. Waiting a week for a simple response is unacceptable.

Etsyhttps://www.etsy.com/shop/theworldaroundewe

The Holiday Season is here - and I have still not received any response whatsoever to my October 26, 2018 and follow up January 21, 2019 e-mails. Your commercials are all over the Internet and you are striving to make consumers aware of your products. Why you have chosen to blatantly ignore a request, politely made and requesting a response, does not bode well for your reputation. I have purchased from you in the past and I do believe you owe me the courtesy of a response. This matter is of the utmost importance to my colleagues as well - we are all active in the animal medical field some are veterinarians, some are animal pharmacists and others are pet owners. Jack Devane's disgusting creations are deeply offensive to us. We definitely want to hear back from Etsy in this regard.

----- Forwarded Message -----
            From: Giulietta Cano
            To: [protected]@etsy.com
            Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019, 02:37:01 PM EST
            Subject: Fw: Serious Complaint (Following Up Please Respond)

Hello, I don't believe I heard back from Etsy on the e-mail below. Your products have been so great in the past and I hope to learn you are excluding immediately this artist. My colleagues and I would like to continue with your company but are not able to in light of his utter disrespect for animals. I know this is not your company's policy so please let me know the outcome. Many thanks.

----- Forwarded Message -----
            From: Giulietta Cano
            To: [protected]@etsy.com
            Sent: Friday, October 26, 2018, 11:33:09 AM EDT
            Subject: Serious Complaint

Good Afternoon,

I have used Etsy and been pleased with your service -- but am now discontinuing all contact with Etsy because you are hosting this person on your site: For Those With Everything Else by TheWorldAroundEwe

The majority of animal lovers do not view Jack Devane as an artist. He is considered to be utterly disrespectful of the individual creatures he displays. His use of their little bodies in this way is nothing short of disgusting and speaks volumes of his lack of consideration for sentient beings smaller than himself. I would appreciate feedback from you. I work closely in New York with veterinarians, animal hospitals, rescues and shelters and my colleagues eagerly await your response. Please honor this sincere request. Thank you.

• Updated by Giulietta Cano · Oct 30, 2019

Will I get an answer? Ever?

Etsyetsy fees

Hi
              I am requesting a refund of my seller fees- this month I have paid over £30 worth of seller fees, advertising costs, etc.
              This is a hugely disproportionate cost of fees considering your advertising cost have brought in no business or sales. Since using your ‘advertising' tool I have had 1 sale (which you then took the money from to pay for my fees) in 2 months.
              This I believe is unfair and has actually caused me stress. I now have no money from the one sale I've actually received and have to find an additional £12 for postage to Canada for said sale. I signed up to you ‘free shipping' as you state it will increase my visibility, it has not. I am averaging 5 views per day so how do you justify taking £30 of my money for your apparent advertising.
              Appalling. I called to discuss with a customer advisor who was rude and unable to explain anything to me. I've now closed my Etsy account and will never return. I believe you are unjustified in charging such extortionate amount of charges etc. I request this money back within 14 working days. If it is not returned to me I will be taking this matter further.
              Regards
              Becky Palmer Killingbeck

Etsygarden of grace

I can not believe that you are so intollerant to ban the business Garlands Of Grace. This is intollerant and just wrong. I realize as the owner of the site you have every right to refuse anyone you deem to not meet your standards, but please reconsider. We have to be open to all views and they are just seeling head scarfs. I will not shop at your site because you are intollerant and against these views. Please be more tollerant.

Etsyunresponsive terrible customer service

I opened shop on etsy. But next day my shop is suspended by Etsy. There was no any information about why etsy suspended my shop .I tried to contact with etsy seller customer support(I sent many emails but no response) But seller customer support unresponsive(The worst seller customer support ever). This is very frustrating. Because I have my own designs and I spent bunch of $ for design copyrights. I just realized that there is another seller who is selling my designs without my permission. Now As a victim of ETSY, Now I am looking for legal consultant for addressing this issue.

unresponsive terrible customer service

Etsyfake quilt customer.

Hi Fred,

You can pay via paypal on etsy. Anything you need to know just ask. Have a nice day,

Purr.
                    How are you doing there and i am very happy to hear back from you, well i will like to ask you the following questions.

Are you the real owner?

What is the present condition?

How much is the final asking price?

Do you have PayPal ID which payment can be make?

Where is the exact location for the pick up?

I will be glad to hear back from you. I have a shipper that will come over for the pick up, so you don't needs to bother of the shipment, just let me know the pick up location so that I can make and inquiry with the pick up agent to know how much it will cost me for the pick up...I will be waiting to hear back from you as soon as possible...

Thanks.
                    Hide quoted text

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 1:02 AM Marie-Celeste Carroll wrote:

Purr.
                    I am not answering this, it sounds like a scam. Please do not write to me again.

Hide quoted text

On Wed, 28 Aug. 2019, 10:15 am Fred Parker, wrote:

Are you the real owner?

What is the present condition?

How much is the final asking price?

Do you have PayPal ID which payment can be make?

Where is the exact location for the pick up?

Thanks.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 1:02 AM Marie-Celeste Carroll wrote:

EtsyNon delivery

I placed an order on the 9th August from RaceclosetUK
                      order number [protected]
                      Despite many emails i have not received the order, i even said if i cant have the order can i at least have a refund! I dont even get a reply

The transaction ID is [protected] it was for a bucket hat
                      I have emailed on the 15th August when she asked me what i had odered !
                      I then emailed again on the 17th, 19th, 21st, 22nd and the 24th !
                      I am really fed up now - what else can I do??

Aug 27, 2019

Etsy — wig

I was sold a wig that was supposed to be a Slavic virgin human hair wig. That is not what I received. After...

Etsycharged for order didn't make

I ordered two bracelets, and on my bank statement on the same date was a charge for 'multiple items' for 58.96 from etsy. It didnt say paypal which is the only way I pay. I tried phone, kept getting busy signal, then chat and was redirected to Just answer for a few! The bracelets showed company and. PayPal. No record anywhere for " mutie items. I finally had to put stop payment for 20.00! Impossible to get hold of company

Etsymy account

They took money out if my account i complsined to the bbb and went to my bank i was refunded the money this was in july, i sold 2 items and they kept the money refusing to give a reason! Now i am trying. to get my money again, etsy is horrendous! They refuse to give a teason and when it comes to finances of any kind you cant talk to anyone only by email which ir ridiculous by all means i have done 0 nothing for them to tske my money!!!

• Updated by Sandrakaykay · Aug 22, 2019

That was in july. August still nothing!!!

Aug 16, 2019

Etsy — beige georgette indian pakistani ethnic anarkali kurti ready to wear chcoo824

Respected Sir/Madam, Greetings from D.C. May Name is Mr. Mahbub Khan. I purchased the above item on April...

Aug 14, 2019

Etsy — mink slides

Fwd: Your Etsy Purchase from QueenTrinasBoutique ([protected]) Fri, Jul 5, 2019 2:09 pm Marlee Shaw...

Etsyall shops closed due to item not delivered case in 1 shop

All of my shops were closed (account suspended) leaving all customers wondering why they couldnt access my products due to 1 case being filed for ITEM not received. This customer had ordered item for remote location with limited courier service hence it took longer than estimated date of delivery. ETSY refunded money even through tracking details stated ITEM on its way along with latest update saying item in local country. All of my other other shops have suffered loss since then and now getting multiple frustrating customers as they can not see details of items they have ordered under other shop selling different products.

I am now left with great loss with no income or money to invest in further products. I can not believe but I am saying it that EBAY n AMAZON are alot better and professional than ETSY.

THREATENING me that they will take money from my account if I didn't sent refund or return label to a customer (even through buyer agreed to return item and didn't for 70days) and now ETSY has accepted return. Allowing buyer enough time to reply to one message with lack of evidence on the case but threatening BUYER to provide shipping label on weekend within 24hours otherwise case will be closed and they will force from my account!!!