Etihad AirwaysUsing deposit money on etihad guest account

J Nov 14, 2021

In 2020 I did a reservation with ethiad to bangkok. Due to corona the flight was canceled.
Instead of paying of my money to my visa account ethiad deposit my money in a guest accunt and has to be used within 2 years. I wasnt happy but accepted.
Now in 2021 I found in october a special business fare from amsterdam to bangkok for around 1250 euro.
In mind that I have a deposit from 1100 euro I made the reservation. But when I finished with reservation
I had to pay the full fare without ethiad use my deposit money.
I called an agent and explain what happen. He told me no problem and canceled the reservation.
He explaind how to use the deposit money and told me that I have to pay only the difference with my credit card. So far so good.
When I tried to make the reservation it was not possible to use my deposit money.
The system did not accept the combination of the deposit money with credit card.
Called an agent again. This tkíme I had a very unfriendly woman.
She explaind me that I can use the deposit money only by do a reservation via an agent and the special offer is not available in her system.
But she told me that the special offer is not in her system and I have to make a reservation for a much higher price around 1550 euro.
So I want to wait until a new offer come up. I asked her wht happen to my deposit money after 2 years over.
She told me that the money that time is gone and there is no refund. Due to only 2 month left of the 2 years in march
I agreed to buy the ticket for around 1550 euro in mind that I loose my money in 2022 booking reference tzdtyp.
At this time the special offer was still available on ethiad web page.
I ask now what is that that I cant use my deposi mony via web reservation?
But therefor the agent can use it ofcourse for a much higher price.
Ethiad I am very disappionted about this behavior and forsure that was the last time with ethiad.
Instead helping me you make more money out of the situation.
Again I am very disappointed that I loose around 300 euro