Etihad AirwaysEtihad guest ref: 500030246144 grievance booking / ref : ujqgew

R Nov 22, 2021

Subject: Booking Ref : UJQGEW : Flight cancellation and request for refund.
Etihad Guest Ref: 500030246144

My Etihad flight EY0281 from Kochi to Dubai (XNB via AUH) on Jan 02, 2022 was informed as cancelled on 15th November 2021 without rebooking.

The above ticket was booked on 24.07.2021 for Jan 01, 2022 travel COK: AUH: XNB timings 21.05: 23.50:01.50. Within 3 days on 26.07.2021, I got notification of cancellation and rebooking to Jan 02, 2022 COK: AUH: XNB timings 02.45:05.30:08.50. Now on 15th November 2021, I was informed that my flight EY0281 as cancelled without rebooking. The risk of peak season ticket price hike averted through early bird booking ended up with egg on my face. Airline industry is on recovering phase from Covid-19 mess and its ridiculous to see unreasonable rescheduling and eventual cancellation that too from prestigious national carrier.

I tried to reschedule online through my Etihad Guest Ref: 500030246144 which also ended unsuccessfully. The website is not allowing me to manage the booking - it states "We're unable to process your request We're unable to process your request online. Please contact us and we'll be happy to help.(GEN13)". Further I tried to refund which also ended unsuccessfully. The website is not allowing me to process refund request - it states "We're unable to process your request. Please provide valid information.(REF39)".

Now the weird part is, none of the customer service agents are reachable after trying continuously on landline [protected]. I have been trying to reach Etihad Customer Service since 12.35pm on 15.11 2021, however couldn't reach due to 2-hour hold time and frequent disconnections. Further I wake up on 16.11.2021 morning 3:00 am and tried continuously till 6:00 am which too ended up unsuccessfully. It's disappointing that customer is unable to reach the customer service agents that too of Etihad in artificial intelligence era. I had to recently cancel 2 journey bookings and 1 journey reschedule in 3 different airlines for me and family. I could reach the customer service agents of all the 3 airlines and process full refunds / reschedule without any hassle.

Etihad had put me in difficult situation. My attempt to reach one of the agents through live chat went unsuccessful as the agent advised/messaged to keep trying [protected]. Also I tried to reach the landline no [protected] which was a reception and was not helpful. It's very unfortunate as I am traveling from dubai in December 1st week and at such a short notice I am not getting return tickets. Tickets available are at sky high fares. Etihad is a national carrier and it's a matter of grave concern, that passengers have to face such an uncertain situation with no effective communication possible. My visit is inevitable and was planned months ago for my father's surgery. Hence, I had no other option than to book my return ticket in other airline at almost double the rates.

I would like to request my flight Etihad EY0281 full refund of AED 456.06 x 4 = AED 1824.24 + AED 467.76 Etihad Travel Bank Account Balance = AED 2292.00. In ADDITION, I request you to kindly consider the matter and provide me extra over tickets rates I paid for other airline (Ticket attached AED 4340 - AED 2292 = AED 2048.) If I had got through any one of the customer service agents I could have booked in flight Jan 02, 2022 COK: AUH: XNB timings 08.35:11.20:14.35.

Today on 22 Nov 2021 I got Travel bank voucher after deducting AED 16.00 (AED 456.06- AED16.06 = AED440.00) Tax x 4 = AED 64 for Etihads cancellation, as a fine for no fault of mine. Anyhow its not my fault that I couldn't reach any of the agents after repeated trials and live chat attempts to resolve.

Kindly look into the matter and do the needful immediately.