Menu

Etihad Airways  -  Customer service, claims

S
Author of the complaint
1:38 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was flying from Amsterdam to Sydney for Christmas with the family. Flight was cancelled due to technical issues. I ended up rebooking and doing the costly shuffle with all my hotels etc. For a couple months now I have been in the process of following up on the compensation claim. On the 5th of April I heard via email from a guest relations offer that I am indeed entitled to a claim. In the email were the steps for how I can go about making this claim. The first four steps are relevant here because that is where the issue lies. They are as follows:

-Visit https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/help/feedback from any Google Chrome or Firefox browser.

-Click ‘Help’ on the top ribbon and Select ‘Feedback’ from the ‘Get in touch’ section.

-Once you see the ‘Share your feedback’ page, you will also see the ‘Share Feedback’ and ‘Manage Feedback’ section. Click ‘Manage Feedback’.

-You will now be diverted to the Etihad Guest Login page. Here you may use your Etihad Guest number and your password to successfully login.

Unfortunately, whenever I go to the manage feedback section and login, it takes me back to the 'Share your feedback' page and I remain logged out. I try again (for 10 days now), and the same or similar problems persist. I have twice emailed the guest relations officer with this information (in her mail she encouraged me to get in touch if I had problems), but have not heard back. I have posted feedback in the feedback section (which shows that this part of the website works). I'm a bit frustrated because they have given me a deadline for the claim (19th of April), which is fast approaching, yet I get no response.

Update by STTaylor
Apr 19, 2022 11:45 am

UPDATE:

Today is the deadline for me to lodge the claim. I have not had anyone from Etihad respond to my 3 emails, my complaint, or my feedback, and have therefore been unable to proceed with the claim. Yet as the deadline passed this morning I received an email to inform me that as I have not accepted the offer, they consider the matter closed.

I hope that someone from Etihad will contact me so we can clear this up. I shouldn't miss out on a compensation claim because of a technical error (on their behalf).

More Etihad Airways complaints & reviews

Etihad Airways - booking cancelled not refunded
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Etihad Airways - double charging!
Etihad Airways - poor service during flight diversion