EOS CCASCAM

V Review updated:

They called me with a claim of a bill they were trying to collect on from Verizon. The Bill was for over $900. I had an account with Verizon years ago and closed it - years ago.

They claim that the bill was for a phone number I know nothing about. They have not sent me any bill, or evidence that they hold any debt or what it might be for, but they did say that the "uncollected funds" has gone on my credit report. I doubt that .

I'll check, but their story keeps changing. They gave me a "reference number" that I tried to use but they do not recognize. So there is no accountability. No evidence of anything other than a scam.

• Hu
    hulaharry Mar 19, 2010

They sent a collection letter to a relative's address (where I have never lived) for an AT&T Wireless Account (which I have but is paid in full every month). I called to ask what the deal was and they kept hanging up on me. Then they put the debt on my credit report. I wrote them a letter asking for verification of the debt and received nothing back. I called to ask the status of my complaint and was told that they have no idea when that would take place. I also contacted AT&T and they said the debt is too old and they have no information. They were quick enough to put it on my credit report, but when you ask for any kind of information they are clueless and now my credit score is suffering. So frustrating.

• Si
    sinful1985 May 05, 2010

I hear you. I am trying to settle a dispute with them now. They saw we owe over $1, 000 to AT and T and that account was closed over 2 years ago. I wrote a letter lets see what happens.

• Wi
    WILK334 Jun 01, 2010

Do not pay them until you verify the debit, I was stupid enough to believe their scam, they told me that my brother had used my info to set up a at&t account for 900 dollars. Since it was on my credit it is my responsibility they told me. The also stated that they saw i was trying to buy a house and if i paid the debit the collection would be removed from my credit so i could purchase my home, but i would have to pay the debit in full. i spoke to three different "floor managers" who confirmed they would remove the collection from my credit since the debit was not mine, but i would have to pay the debit in full! I paid them 913 dollars yea the extra thirteen dollars was a processing fee and was told it would be immediately removed. two weeks later i called them to see why it has not come off and they told me it could take up to 30 days but don't worry we will take care of you. today i received notification from equifax that the collection had not been removed the balance had only been zeroed out. and is still showing as unpaid. WHAT THESE PEOPLE DO IS COMPLETELY ILLEGAL AND IMORAL THEY ARE ONLY OUT TO SCREW YOU AND STEAL YOUR MONEY. TAKE IT FROM ME VERIFY EVERYTHING!

Samuel gallezzo Dec 03, 2019

@WILK334 Never pay a collection even if it's valid. It will do nothing to improve your credit and in fact will prolong the amount of time that the negative item remains on your report.

• Ba
    barbsonnow Jun 03, 2010

They are unethical. They conduct illegal acts. Legitimate debt collectors will not harass. This company sent collection letters to people who are not even related to me-nice work in an attempt to try to get a response. Recap: THEY CONDUCT ILLEGAL ACTS.

• Py
    pyst Jul 08, 2010

I received a credit alert through my credit score provider and found out that my credit fell 150 points, I checked the reason and I learned that it was EOS CCA that sent that report to the credit beaureau so I called experian to dispute it to remove this error, Experian sent me this letter that said that AT&T was the primary provider and the report will remain in my credit until 2016, I called experian and told them that I got nothing to do with AT&T they told me to call AT&T so I did, AT&T asked for my info. and asked to called EOS CCA, so I called EOS CCA, EOS CCA told me to call AT&T, after a while of investigation calling here and there, AT&T told me that they do not use the ss# nor a signature to create a contract(which I think it is very irresponsable ) they only ask for the driver licence #, so I called OES CCA and told them that the drivers license last four digits does not match, now they want a copy of my driver's license (I know i will not send them a copy because I do not trust them at all) so here I am all stressed out because this problem will not go away.

• Jp
    JP Smith Jul 14, 2010

I received a bill in my deceased husband's name from EOS CCA 700 Longwater Drive, (PO Box 5012) Norwell, MA 02061-5012, 1-800-434-8681, for $691.27 on behalf of their client: AT&T Mobility. I knew that was nonsense, because we severed all ties with AT&T more than ten years ago without an outstanding balance. I called to find out information, gave them their acct and client reference number from the bill they sent me! They gave me my husband's name, asked for the last 4 digits of the social and the address and stated that the info did not match their acct information, except the amount, of course. It was a different person in another state. So, I asked, "If you have a different name and address, how did I get the bill under his name and address?" She couldn't answer my question. I said, "When was the debt incurred?" She told me she couldn't answer that question "by law", since it wasn't my account. Hmmmm. My question is: Is is legal to send fraudulent bills to a man's widow? What if I was afraid and paid it? I'm sure they would have NO problems taking my money.

This is horrible. I can just picture someone paying it, thinking it might be legitimate.

• Pj
    pj sheehan Jul 15, 2010

i have tried 3 times to post. everyone please make complaints to ftca these people need to stop going after widows seems like it their mo. i have been dealing with them since 2006 and ms jw goldman assured me this will never go away. it is not even my debt i moved out of my house and verison never shut off service. i proved that house was sold and living and fla.

• Pj
    pj sheehan Jul 15, 2010

oh and the better bussiness claims that they are a plus with no complaint. contact them to

• Eo
    eos-cca Aug 04, 2010

They treat all their employees like crap, they hire felons! Yes felons, you have felons looking at all your personal information.

• Dm
    dmmcs Oct 10, 2010

I received a bill in my husbands's name, whom I've been seperated from, in more than ten (10) years. I informed the company of this, and tried to give the company his cuirrent address, yet the phone representative, made a medieval age statement, "Because you're still married to him, we have the right to send his bill to your place of residendency. I asked "Why? The bill will only be disposed of, without opening, "I'm attempting to give you his current address, because I'll only dispose of the letter. Therefore you're waisting postage, sending his mail to the wrong address. The rude, unprofessional telephone operator hung up the phone.

• Ke
    kena1 Oct 20, 2010

They contacted me for an xm radio 34.38 debt they state I owe due to cancellation of service. I called xm and could not make the operator understand that I had cancelled. The eos cca guy acted as if I was an idiot, I may be an idiot but I have a law degree and will fight them with every fiber...

• Ve
    VelvetBlk Oct 31, 2010

I agree. They are scam artists. My mother paid them well over $800.00. I checked a voice mail on MY home phone (which I only use if my cell phone is dead...so never) and they were looking for her? For what? I wish I could have gotten the phone call myself. My mom doesn't even call my house. So what are they doing, going through old phone records and contacting anyone? Pathetic! Oh, by the way...she paid that in June and her account had been closed for over a month. So why did she just receive another bill? I advised her not to pay it. Its very disheartening to know that innocent people have to suffer through such nonsense.

• Js
    jstn Nov 03, 2010

I just checked my credit report and noticed a collection from this EOS - CCA from ATT Mobility. As everyone else here states they paid their balance in full and should not have an outstanding balance. I called the number on the report 781-681-4300 and spoke to 2 different individuals. They have limited knowledge on anything pertaing to this collection just that I owe 150 bucks. He told me how to dispute it which was a letter of dispute proof of residence, a copy of my drivers license and a incident report from the police. The address to send it to was 700 Longwater Dr Norwell MA 02061. Again I never received a letter from ATT or Cingular saying I have any balance. I changed wireless carriers in good standing now 3 almost 4 years later I have a collection for 150 bucks. This is not possible. I don't trust these quacks. Would like to know how to handle this properly????

• Fr
    Fred Moore 777 Nov 10, 2010

FORGET the Better Business Bureau!!! FOREVER. Who do they collect 100% of their revenue from? Their members. So who do you think they really care about> I worked in the Automobile business for 27 years and was a member of the BBB all 27 years. You get a complaint from them, answer it bact to them and it goes on record as handled.?????? If you have a problem with this debt collector or any other just contact a Consumer Attorney. Google will supply you with many names. The FTC has very strict guide line for them to follow. You can read about the FDCPA. This law is great for the consumer. They have to pay a fine of $1, 000.00 for each and every violation. It can add up quick. PLEASE CALL A CONSUMER ATTORNEY TO HELP YOU. It's a little bit of work but very easy money. Make these thugs PAY FOR THEIR CRIMES! They have to pay your Attorny's fee too. It's great to be an American with rights. So use them.

• Du
    Duzell Nov 15, 2010

You're all stupid. It's clear none of you have ever worked in debt collection. I've worked for this company, but under it's defaulted student loan. It isn't a scam company, it is a legitimate business. They have contracts with the Department of Education. Yes they will call a lot and harass you, too many collectors do that but it doesn't mean the company is a fraud. They break the law because the law keeps changing to let people who blow off their bills keep doing it because they cry about harassment. Their story changes a lot because new information is found out and more than one person tends to work on the account and so how the situation is perceived may change. They don't have to pay for every violation. When I worked there it never happened and there were a lot of people who broke it. Chances are you don't have proof.

Of this branch the Verizon people are the lowest, but that doesn't mean you don't have an account and that your credit isn't being ruined.

• Bo
    booyah Nov 19, 2010

They keep calling about a guy who never ever lived here, let alone ever had a phone account. All we can figure is that he used his ex-girlfriend's father's phone number for credit somewhere once. EOSCCA has been calling here several times a month for at least a year! Since it's always a recording, we can't remove ourselves from their list! I've left them extensive messages as to where he is, but apparently they don't care. We'd have to buy an answering machine with a lcoal blocker for programmed in numbers?

• Su
    susan82 Nov 25, 2010

I work for eos cca. I collect for the Dept of Education. I can assure you that we are a legit collection agency. If people didn't ignore their debts or refuse to pay them, I'd be out of a [email protected]/?&! job!!

• Ls
    LSeeman Apr 28, 2017

@susan82 today i got a call from you people about the lady who lives upstairs from me, I am NOT related to... her debt is NOT mine and if you touch my credit score, it wont be pretty

• At
    Atreyu57 Dec 01, 2010

You work for EOS CCA? Then I don’t know how you do your job and feel good about yourself when you sleep at night! Your company is full of douche bags and people who have no respect for others! I got a collection in the mail from EOS CCA for AT&T MOBILITY for a $749 bill that I never had anything to do with! EOS CCA does not have my correct social and is still trying to get me to pay for it! AT&T has no record of ever sending me to collections and EOS CCA said that’s because when the buy a collection from the company the company just erases their files...I’m sorry but that’s bull sh!t, and if AT&T did send me to collections why was it that I was able to set up a new account 3 months after they sent me? So when I called I spoke with 4 different individuals. The first one was a complete [censor] right off the bat, blaming me for this and trying to belittle me, telling me that if I didn't pay this then I would never be able to get a house, refinance on a house, or be able to buy a car...just so everyone is clear, this collection was set up in 2007, I have since bought at house, 2 cars, and refinanced 2 times and never had a problem with it! Then I asked for a Supervisor, when he came on the line he asked me what my DOB was, so after I told him he was like "Well that’s what I have on file so you HAVE to pay this, stop wasting my time and stop wasting my employees time!" then hung up. So of course I called back to get the managers name...got the same guy who answered first and he wouldn’t give me his name and hung up on me. Called again for a 3rd time and spoke to a guy named Manny. The first person who tried to help me. So after speaking with Manny I asked what the last managers name is, his name is Cruz. So then I asked if I could speak to someone over Cruz to complain...all I wanted to do was express how I felt on how this person treated me. I then was transferred to Ian Murphy who I guess was a sup over Cruz...well this guy was no help at all. Once again pointing fingers at me and tried to blame my brother for stealing my identity. He was no help and told me the same thing about not being able to buy a house and said that he was going to ruin my credit for 16 years and then he hung up on me! This company is full of inconsiderate [censor] who don't give a crap about you and want nothing, but your money! I have never called ANY company and been treated like I was some alien who just raped their whole family. For ANYONE who ever gets a letter for a collection with them be ready for a fight and for them to not help you try to resolve this. This is a piss poor company who needs to be shut down for trying to scam people to pay for sh!t that does not belong to them. Oh and Susan82...I would rather be out of a job living in a gutter then work for them!

• Ca
    caitybaby93 Dec 04, 2010

To everyone out there who believes that EOS CCA conducts illegal acts, you are wrong. The company abides by all the rules of the FDCPA. They train all their collectors agressively to ensure that there are no voilations of the debtors rights or the company's. When they promise a deleton, they deliver. If the account still appears on your credit report you have to file a complaint with the credit bureaus to have it deleted. By law, they are allowed to send a letter to a friend or relative. It is not harassment. It is called "skip tracing". It is an attempt to get in touch with you through a possible relative or friend. Also, they are a third party collection agency. By the time the debt makes it to their company, they are no longer obligated to inform you they have the debt before applying it to your credit report. What happens is, a company, for example AT&T, will hve an account with you. When your account goes delinquent AT&T will try contacting you directly. If they are unable to clear up the matter with you, they will then give the account to an outside agency to collect. They will typically give it to at least 2 outside agencies before giving up. When they give up, they sell it to a third part company. EOS CCA works with both purchased debt, (third party collections), and second party debt that they only have for a short period of time. I worked for this company for over a year and, no, I did not agree with all of their practices but, everything they do is legal. Besides, if you don't want debt collection agencies calling or sending you and your family letters, pay your bills. Don't blame the collectors for your bad debt or for not trying to contact you. You knew about your bill. Also, if a family member steals your ID, do something about it. Don't think that you can get out of paying the bill just because it's over 1000 dolars and you don't want to pay it. It is going to ruin your credit unless you prove it isn't yours. Be real people, be responsible adults and handle your actions properly. Stop try ing to throw the blame on a group of people who only get a tiny bit of information from an outside company and are told to collect on the debt. Grow up. Also, if you're going to try to claim that they are violating laws, you might want to read up on the FDCPA so you actually know what you're talking about.

• Le
    legaleye Dec 04, 2010

I too just received a bogus form letter from this company. The address on the envelope was correct however the name was close but wrong. Since there was no return address I opened the envelope which was the senders intent. The debt was for a $978 Verizon account which I do not have. In an attempt to straighten out their mistake I called the given phone number. Big mistake. The high school drop out that answered the call ( no doubt her second job after she leaves her dream job at the mall) was immediately combative and rude. When I explained that I was not the person they were looking for she immediately stated/screamed that opening someone else's mail is a Federal offense. Since this was her pre-programed response it was obvious that this is part of their scam. I asked for the operator's name which she stated was "Katrina". Interesting since the letter sent to my address was addressed to a "Katrina". I called my neighbor who is an attorney and he explained that sending out a bogus name but correct address is an attempt to trick the "addressed recipent" to open the letter because most people have received correspondence with mis-spelled or incorrect names. He also suggested that I file a complaint with the A.G in this state as well as the A.G. in MA since this is the company location listed on the letter. Additionally, I have contacted Verizon and have verified that this is a fraudulent use of my address and that this is not my account nor do I owe a penny, therefore I will be filing through their legal dept. affidavets of fraud and will insist on prosecution of the person(s) that used my address or any other information. That said I will take him up on his offer to pursue a civil complaint against this company and yes the lovely operator that felt the need to state Federal law. What she did not know is that I used to work for the Federal Government ( God help me) and know Federal Law just a little better than she. As a footnote .. my husband's company has Verizon as a service provider for their exec's and have always found the company to be top notch. There will be a complaint filed with the upper level of Verizon concerning the type of company they have associated with.

jab95823 Dec 18, 2010

I checked my credit report and there is a collections from EOS CCA for At&T Mobility. I paid this company off in March of this year low and behold in March of this year they said it was place in collections. I called AT&T and they said that they do not go through EOS CCA for a collection agency. FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD

jajanelle1214 Jan 10, 2011

All of you people are idiots. This is not a scam. I know someone who works for the company.

• Po
    powerofknowledge Feb 02, 2011

They are a real company and not the ones to blame. I too got one of their calls and was quite irritated as there was no warning. In my case it was XM radio, which I didn't want to renew and told the rep that on the phone, a call they managed to lose. XM has a "verbal agreement" I kid you not to cancel. When I didn't renew their subscription, they sent it off to collections without warning. EOS CCA is a real company and not the culprit, the sending company XM Radio is the violator and they are clueless about how wrong their actions are. I've filed a complaint to BBB for what it's worth. This is wrong behavior, but don't think the collection folks are fake.

• Po
    powerofknowledge Feb 02, 2011

Be aware that the collection firm seems legitimate and judging by the posts will affect your credit report. I just ran into them thanks to XM Radio. I had previously bought two annual subscriptions, opted not to renew this time. Seemed obvious to me like a magazine, just don't renew. I told the rep when asked to renew on the phone and she said nothing else and hung up. XM Radio has a "verbal agreement" regarding cancellation process. It's wrong and frankly wasn't handled properly nor was I ever told of a collection agency. However, they submitted it to EOS CCA who is a real firm. Fighting them will affect my credit and they are not the culprit. The submitting firm (XM Radio) is in the wrong and is doing this unethically. I have filed BBB against XM Radio. I have spoken to XM on the phone, they don't understand how wrong they are, nor do they care. Fighting EOS CCA is the wrong fight.

• Lt
    lt michele Feb 12, 2011

I just had the same situation happen to me. i received a collection notice (and numerous phone calls) fro EOS CCA. They claimed ATT was their client. I had switched from ATT to Vonage, closed that account with a zero balance, and opened a new internet only account which was current. ATT comfirmed i did not owe them any money and they could find no record anywhere of having sent anything to collection. The rep fromA TT told me she had never even heard of EOS CCA. Total scam! When I called the company directly, i got the runaround at first, then they just said basically, oh, never mind weve closed that collection account.They would not answer how they had come to serve me with this coleection notice inthe first place. People, do not give this company any money for any reason.

• Sl
    slimc84 Feb 14, 2011

I have recently received a collection letter from this company pertaining to a Sprint bill. I contacted Sprint directly and they actually owe me $275. When I reported this to the credit agency they immediately removed it from my credit report. Don't waste your time with this company, just fight it with the credit bureau.

• Sc
    scootercat Feb 23, 2011

EOs CCA is legit-though they walk the line on how they collect.
    Verizon seems to love these folks-and engages in spitful methods.
    I closed my Verizon account-and Verizon sent me a final bill-which went 30 days past due. It was the Holidays, my son was home from iraq-it was an oversight. Verizon never called me-or checked-to see if there was a problem-usually they do-and not when it's only 30 days past due! The minute i switched to another phone co. they shut me down fast-internet/phone..and sent my bill to this collection agency.
    Sour grapes-all the way. I've been contacted by EOs three times in last month. I sent them my due to Verizon-first verifying my debt. I've photcopied everything-including my check sent out with date and by certified mail. Then wrote Verizon a nasty letter-with copies of my bill owed to them- and it's payment to the collection agency EOS CCA. All this in less than a month. telling them-Verizon"Wonder if i didn't like who i switched to? Now, with this tactic-you think i'll go back to you? I think not!"
    Copy everything

• Bu
    Busterscam Mar 09, 2011

Patience please: this DOES have to do with EOS CCA, or somebody pretending to be them, as someone else previously tried to scam me in close to the same way, using the same so-called debt delinquency, and now “EOS CCA” is trying the same thing. Six months ago, I was telephoned by one "Bay Area Credit Services" claiming I had a delinquent debt of $53.81 to ATT, for which ATT itself has never billed me. I asked them to send me a bill with particulars that I might verify the charge, but they refused to do so. Instead they attempted to extract credit card and bank account information from me in the name of paying the debt by that method, and would not accept my offer of a money order, which was my way of testing what they were really after, because of course a money order is the best guarantee of payment there is, but gives no personal information. In any event, I managed to wear them down and extract a promise to send a bill. But it never came. Though they called themselves "Bay Area, etc., " implying a presence in the San Francisco Bay Area where I lived at the time, they gave their location as Ft Collins, Co. I investigated by web, as well as by telephone to the Ft Collins Chamber of Commerce to determine whether such an entity actually existed, and came up empty. I took the foregoing information to the FBI, since, after all, it seemed an attempt to defraud across state lines and to steal my identity in the process. The agent I spoke to thanked me and told me two things: 1) Yes, their behavior was consistent with attempted identity theft; 2) It is common for these scammers to order credit reports in volume, find some obscure charge buried therein that may or may not have been paid, no matter the year, in order to give their scam some feeble credibility, and pretend to be a debt collection agency. A couple of weeks later, I called the number that had called me to see if the scam was still operating under the same cover, and got, not a "disconnected" message, but a "no such number” message. In other words, they were unknown, and had never been known, to the very phone company they were pretending to represent. This tends to confirm my suspicions, since, when they first contacted me, I hung up and dialed them back on the number they had called, and did get them at the time. They must have felt some heat, folded the tent, and moved on. I like to think it was because I called the cops. NOW, this very day, many months later with nothing related happening in between, I get a letter from someone claiming to be EOS CCA (what a great cover! pretending to be one of the biggest and most reputable!), and attempting to collect the same putative debt. Given my experience with the previous scam attempt, every fiber of my being shouted NO! So I am loaded for bear and taking it to the FBI again who, at least this time, can verify the document and its source, as there is now a physical address, and add mail fraud to the bill of charges. Just as if every Jew had shot an SS goon when they tried to take them away and there would have been no Holocaust, if every one of us who gets these calls and letters from across state lines took them to the FBI as I have done, the scams would eventually disappear. Sure, EOS CCA may be bad enough on its own, hence this web site dedicated to complaints about them. But heck, what a great cover for a scammer: hide under the name of a "legitimate" company whose practices are questionable and scam-like to begin with! Who's the ghoul? And who's the guy in the ghoul costume? By the way, the phone number for ATT given in the letter by way of invitation to verify the debt winds up putting you through to the ATT customer service line, which offers you absolutely no way to inquire about the debt. I tried several times on the first occasion of the scam to access someone at ATT to talk to about it, but it gives you no such avenue. Similarly, I found no means on the ATT website to address the matter. You have to have an active account with ATT, or be trying to purchase services, to get through to anything at all. I checked the foregoing reality with my sister, a 30+ year ATT management veteran who was instrumental in setting up their current billing system, and she confirmed it: there just ain’t no way. How clever therefore to choose ATT as a front, since you can’t get through to ATT to verify the charge and/or tell them about the scam! Oh yes: her enquiries on my behalf through her personal “back channels” at ATT verified that I had no outstanding charges. So this is definitely the “scam what am” that has me in its crosshairs.

• Al
    alal001 Mar 13, 2011

EOS CCA you guys are ridiculous. Seriously, in such a terrible economy you guys are actually trying to get money out of law abiding citizens? Way to kick people while they are down. Any monkey can put up a website and make their company look legit. I have studied [censor]s like you, nice try. By any chance are you related to the Prince of Nigeria? At&t will contact you if you have an outstanding bill. And how stupid do you think people are? No functional legitimate business lets their employees disrespect people over the phone. Plus, you guys are giving false names and fail to come up with factual evidence. Do you think putting a fake barcode that probably reads "lettuce" makes it real? Come on, this is just sad. I got this letter in the mail and even the ink print on the letter is fake. Pay no attention to such fraudulent people. STOP DEMORALIZING YOURSELVES FOR MONEY BECAUSE IN THE END, YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH THE CHOICE YOU MADE. You have kids, mothers, fathers, grandparents, etc, would you like someone stealing from them? Learn to be a human being.

• De
    DebbR Mar 25, 2011

I have been receiving calls from these people for someone I do not know who happens to have the same last name as me? Today I received a bill under his name at my address. When I called them they tried to pull the "opening someone else's mail" thing with me too, until I reminded them they have been harassing an innocent person and have been told this numerous times. And that I am filing complaints with FTC, BBB. Attorney General and last but not least our local news company to expose them and at&t for [censor] business practices. They said I won't hear from them again, and hopefully I won't, but on behalf poor fellow, down on his luck I want this exposed. They told me that basically anyone in my region with the same last name (which is a VERY common name) could be on their contact list until they locate him. This is wrong and very bad business, they need to be stopped. Anyone think class action?

• Be
    Beyond Frustrated Mar 28, 2011

I'm not sure what I believe at this point. In my situation someone I knew received the notice of collection, when I called EOS they claimed it was my name, home phone, address and SS#. They supposedly bought the account from Verizon in 2008 but the account was closed in Jan 2004. When I contacted Verizon they had nothing on their system under my name and SS#. Neither I or any of my family members have had any dealings with verizon... past, present or future. therefore I can only surmise that this is a scam or fraud. Nonetheless how do I make it go away? I refuse to pay out any money on a debt I did not accrue.

• Ci
    Cinge88 Mar 31, 2011

To all the IDIOTS saying they work for this company and verify that its legit, i call B*$L S%@T!!! How is it legal to pry into phone records and address records? I recieved a letter under my dads name with my address which he doesnt even know. Then the same date on the letter is the same date my mother recieved a phone call from this stupid company in regards to my dads name. Guess what, my parents have been divorced for 20 years now. My dad does not use my mother as a reference and he doesnt know my current address with out asking me. My dad has an ATT account currently and this letter is stating he owes 114.99 in collections. how can he still have service with this provider if there is a collection? I too have my own account with ATT and if i go 1 week past my due date they shut my service off. This company IS a SCAM!!! So as for the [censor]S trying to protect them, We will be contacting my dads attorney and getting this ridiculous BS resolved. Quit prying into private records and contacting the wrong people.

No_Cheaters Apr 26, 2011

Received a threatening letter from EOS CCA Stating that a person at my address, who has never lived here, owed Qwest, a communications company affiliated with Verizon, owed a little over $200.00. So, I wrote them letters to both the Longwater address, and the P.O. box explaining what I was going to do, then did it. You can file a complaint with the FTC on line, and get a canned response, but with a reference number on it. I went a step further and did the same with the Attorney General's office for the State of Massachusetts. Printed out the forms, and included them with the letter. I sent it certified, requiring a return with the name of the person's signature who signed for it.

• So
    sobreezy Jun 10, 2011

I agree that some companies have stooped to low levels when trying to collect debts. If it isn't your debt you shouldn't have to pay. On the reverse of that if it is your debt than you need to own it. However no one has the right to blatantly disrespect anyone based on the perceived notion that that person is a bum because they don't pay their debts. If these debts are being unfairly placed on your credit report you do have ways of correcting this. There is a free website that gives sample documents and other good info for doing just this. The website is http: //www.creditinfocenter.com. It's pretty awesome. I've also used the following link to access credit repair products: http://b539162iqioatmrvk0gp2t2kfd.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=ZL1BMXPR

Good Luck with this!

• Ba
    Bayman Jun 14, 2011

Folks, relax, calm down. Let me tell you something. Whenever you receive a notice from any Debt Collector (regardless if the debt is legit or not) You must send them a dispute letter. That is all it takes. Send them by certified mail a letter requesting for Validations of Debt, and keep all copies of your correspondence. I recently received a notification from EOS CCA or whatever thier name is. Within a week I sent them Debt Validation Letter bellow. It is the ulimate weapon against debt collectors. By law (FDCPA), they are required to verify the validity of the alleged debt, which they don't have. They only have your name, address, the alleged account number and alleged money you owe. If you send them this letter, 99.99% they will drop the case.

Your Name
    Address
    City, Zip State

EOS CCA
    700 Longwater Drive
    Norwell, MA 02061

Date

Re: # (Enter the file name here)

Sent by Certified Mail Return Receipt Request #: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to a notice sent to me dated (write the date here). Be advised that this is not a refusal to pay, but a notice sent pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

This is NOT a request for “verification” or proof of my mailing address, but a request for VALIDATION made pursuant to the above named Title and Section. Be advised that this letter constitutes a timely request for validation of debt as mandated byFDCPA. I respectfully request that your offices provide me with competent evidence that I have any legal obligation to pay you.

Please provide me with the following:

• Complete payment history, the requirement of which has been established via Spears v Brennan 745 N.E.2d 862; 2001 Ind. App. LEXIS 509 and
    • Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he agreed to pay the original creditor.
    • Itemized account of the alleged debt, as established by Fields v. Wilber Law Firm, P.C., 383 F.3d 562, 564-66 (7th Cir. 2004)
    • Letter of sale or assignment from the original creditor to your company. (Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt.)
    • Intimate knowledge of the creation of the alleged debt by you, the collection agency

At this time I will also inform you that if your offices have reported invalidated information to any of the 3 major Credit Bureau’s (Equifax, Experian or TransUnion) this action might constitute fraud under both Federal and State Laws. Due to this fact, if any negative mark is found on any of my credit reports by your company or the company that you represent I will not hesitate in bringing legal action against you for the following:

• Violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
    • Violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
    • Defamation of Character

If your offices are able to provide the proper documentation as requested in the following Declaration, I will require at least 30 days to investigate this information and during such time all collection activity must cease and desist.

Also during this validation period, if any action is taken which could be considered detrimental to any of my credit reports, I will file suit against you without further notice. If you make a “hard pull” on any of my credit reports and cause my FICO score to drop, you will be sued without further notice.

I would also like to request, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices to my home, cell phone or place of employment. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by USPS.

Your next contact with me should either be:

I. notice that you believe that this debt is valid and are providing therein documented proof of my responsibility, or

II. notice that your firm andor the alleged original creditor has failed to provide appropriate verification of the alleged debt andor proof of transfer, and that the matter has been closed.

Furthermore, if the former, please also provide demonstration that your firm is licensed to collect in my state, and provide me with your license numbers and Registered Agent. Failure to comply with the above, or any further lack of communication for 30 days from receipt of this notice, shall constitute waiver of claim and release of obligation.

Please note that should you be in possession of any privileged, private, andor confidential personal information, including but not limited to financial data, it will constitute a violation of the Personal Data Information Privacy Act to sell, transfer, release, or disclose any such information to any unauthorized third party without my explicit prior consent.

Your Name

---------------------------------
    Do not sign the dispute letter! The crooks can lift any signature off a print document.

jodyg Jun 15, 2011

pos wont even answer their phones!!!

• Fu
    fububoi83 Jun 15, 2011

thanks Bayman.

• Lc
    lctads Jun 17, 2011

I am leaning more towards ATT fraud then EOS. ATT is charging for a service they do not offer, for a location I used to live after the date they provided the service. I have recenty canceled an account that is in good stand with ATT. I believe that now they have all my personal information and they are using that to try to collect a debt from whoever lived at my previous address before I did. Very fishy!

• On
    One in the Same Jun 17, 2011

I believe this collection company is legit but I also believe that they are rude and not easy to deal with. You want the customer with the debt to pay you not sue you for illegal tactics. If you own the debt pay what you can $5, $10, $15, or $20 if the collection agency decline ask them to send a letter and you do the same to the collection agency, attorney general, and to the original creditor stating that you offered a payment plan that you could afford and the collection agency declined. A collection agency cannot refuse payment (if a person informs them of a hardship that maybe hindering their ability to pay). If you do not owe them anything send a little similar to “Bayman” including copies of invoices and payment methods made. This collection company needs to go back to customer service/collection 101. The methods that they are using are illegal I have a talked with them on the phone numerous times. You cannot tell people that you can do this or that. The only thing they can do is place the debt on your credit and the original creditor has to file anything court related. My advice to all is to pay the debt in full, make payment arrangement, or dispute the debt (the right way). The conversation between you and the collection agency is here-say if there is not a paper trail to support you claims, payments, or disputes. We all need to pull together to eliminate companies like this who use illegal tactics to scare people into paying. The said thing is that it works and this is the reason they continue to do it. The more they call and send letters it pushes you do pay the debt. A person stated that people need to pay their debts; in a perfect world this will be ideal. There are people who have lost their job or are on a fix income. My store is that my mom co-sign a loan for me make in 2007. I was under-age at the time so the college allowed my mom to put the loan in her name. My mom never told me about the loan until 2010. Since the loan was in my mom name she had to pay on it monthly. In 2011 the loan went into default since the loan was not in my name I could not do anything until my mom could find the paper work. Yes, it was my mom fault and my fault for not following up after she told. This past May mom received a call from a representative who was very rude. He started the conversation off my stating that the U.S. Department of Education was going to garnish a portion of her income if she did not pay the balance in full (this is illegal). He did not ask her if she was aware of an outstanding balance, can you make a payment today to clear the balance in full. It is not what you say but how you say it. My mother is disable and she cannot hear that well and she ask the rep if she could conference me into the conversation so we could get this settle...He said no this is your debt and it must be handle by you. My mom tried to conference me in but he hung up on her. My immediately call me and we call them back. The reps were rude but we manage to get them to send us some information about the debt. I am now talking with the U.S. Department of Education (they are helpful) and the matter is being taken care of. They call my mother every day in the month of May trying to collect remaining balance of $1000. The loan was taken out because my scholarships did not cover all of my tuition. Yes, it is there job but if you know the rules they listen but if you don't they take advantage. The rules should be the same for everyone. My mother was so worried she thought that I was not going to be able to finish school on time because she did not give me the information about the loan until it was just about in default. People should not be treated like they are nothing just because we are unable to pay a bill. I was not going to let my mother become a victim just because she became ill at the time and forgot to tell me about the loan. My dad and husband wanted to pay the loan off but for me it is the principal. They treated my mother like she was worthless and talk to her any kind of way and laughed in the process. I never forget it one rep told her to stop being cheap and pay the $1000 because they know she have it, because up until last year(2010 when she got sick) you was making your regular payments, he then laugh and said that he deals with people who have hundred-thousand dollar loans. He basically told my mom to pay the bill and stop wasting our time. To the people who have worked for this company I am glad that you do not anymore. I understand that everyone have to make a living but if is like this then I do not want to. Also to the people who say pay your bill on time and this would not happen. I say to them, I would rather have my mother with great health than to have a bill paid and no mother.

• Un
    Unhappy Camper 555 1234 Jun 28, 2011

Some lady who identified herself as Talica or Taliea Domico just called me on behalf of the EOSCCA and asked me to verify that I was XXXXX (a name similer to mine but still someone who I am not) and and if my SS# is XXX-XX-XXXX (also not my SS#). She called and gave me a strangers name and SS#. There was a lot of noise in the background and it was hard to hear her so at first I thought she seed my name, then she gave me the wrong SS#. I wonted more info but it would be illegal for me to assume someones identity so I decided to end the conversation to avoid Breaking the law, which she set me up to do.