Having problems with EOS CCA?

EOS CCA Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with EOS CCA Customer Service. Initial EOS CCA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for EOS CCA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about EOS CCA. Discuss the issues you have had with EOS CCA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

EOS CCA Complaints & Reviews

EOS CCAUnsolicited call

I received a call from [protected]. The woman was looking for a different person other than me. I told her this was a fairly new number for me and that I had never heard of the gentleman she was asking for. She was polite, professional and didn't treat me like a criminal and she was the FBI. She simply apologized and told me my number would be removed from their data base. I know we all get calls now and again from companies we don't want to talk to for various reasons but I think if we give the person a chance to explain we might be pleasantly surprised.

Unsolicited call

• Updated by Soap Lady · Mar 23, 2017

P.S. True to her word, I never received another call from them.

EOS CCA/US Asset ManagementOutstanding cell phone bill even after i moved out of the country

I already moved out of US by 2009 November and when I moved out I paid all outstanding bills from AT&T (was confirmed by the outlet where I registered for unlocking my phone). Unfortunately over the last 1 year or so (which is like 5 years after the account was closed), i have been keeping on receiving letters from the collection agency about an outstanding debts. I tried contacting AT&T regarding this and they dont have any details regarding the same and the collection company asked me to contact AT&T. I keep receiving this mail at an emergency address I submitted when I moved out of US. I dont understand where the collection agency get these information from. I am worried not only about the outstanding debt which I am sure I am not responsible for, but also about the privacy of my details and how they achieved to gather these information.

EOS CCAShame on them

They robocalled my direct line on a Saturday with the generic message "This is a debt collection agency. Please call us back." When I called, I got a recording saying someone would be with me in just a teensy tinesy minute. Waited on hold for 20 minutes (and heard the same message 20 times) before they disconnected me. Called again and got a different message this time, this one saying "we're closed -- call back on Monday." When I finally did reach someone, they had been calling my office to try to reach a person who worked at a different extension in my company -- and left almost six years ago. These robocalls that make you call them back before you can figure out what THEIR SCREW-UP is should be outlawed. And shame, shame, shame on them for calling and leaving an ominous message Saturday morning when they are CLOSED ALL WEEKEND.

EOS-CCAnot the person they seek

about 2 months ago this company started calling my phone number looking for a person. I explained to them that I am not that person and they even agree but the calls continued. About a week and a half ago I spoke with a supervisor. He told me to give him 72 hrs and my number would be removed from all of their calling centers. I received another call today and spoke with another supervisor. He stated that the supervisor I spoke with previously did not do what he told me he was going to do. I told him that I had spoke with my local Sheriff dept and was prepared to file a harrassment complaint on this company. He stated that he would remove my number from thier entire system. I actually don't believe him so I stated to him that if I receive another call from them I would proceed with my complaint. I have been harrassed by this company enough, especially when I know and they that I am not the person they are seeking. I actually think they are breaking laws. I am now also considering a lawsuit. I want these calls to stop. They have become harrassing.

• St
            stop_scams_now! Aug 16, 2013

This company sent me a bill of $19.90 for using Earthlink. My account with Earthlink was closed more than 10 yrs. ago. I haven't used Earthlink.

EOS CCA — alleging debt

EOS CCA P.O. Box 5055 Norwell, MA [protected] Your Client Reference: U.S. Asset Management, Inc. Your...

eoscca — CENTURY LINK BILL

I received a collection bill from EOSCCA, 700 Longwater Drive, Norwell, MA 02061, account # [protected]...

EOS CCAVery Professional Company

I got an automated call at my house one night and called back the next day. The guy who answered helped me right away. He said they record EVERYTHING, which is good in case he got an attitude with me but he was professional and all business. I didn't like that he wanted the whole balance because if I had the money I wouldn't be in collections but he got me a payment plan for 3 months and I got a discount so I'm pretty happy. I think if you get a message, call back when you can talk and work it out and then you won't feel pressured to hang up before you take care of all your business. Plus, ask if you can get a discount because every little bit helps.

Very Professional Company

ethos Aug 10, 2012

BTW anybody reading this don't follow Tiffany's MO. Instead head over to www.debtorboards.com. Learn before you act.

P/S I know i said u tell them u are recording. You don't have to if you don't want to, just record. keep in mind tho' when you tell them you are recording it gets their attention.

ethos Aug 08, 2012

You can also record the conversation and tell them you are doing it. Also request for everything in writing before you make a payment - if it's not in writing it didn't happen. Lastly keep payment proof and all correspondence for life, your debt will be resold over and over again and it will be the same story all over again.

EOS CCA — Continued calling

Ever since I got my new phone, four months ago, I've gotten daily calls from [protected]. If I answer...

eosccafraud

they had my account before april 08, 2012 when the new collection agency receive this account on04/08 eoscca took out from my daughter credit card account a 200.00 on 04/30 they do not have the account this is illegal the account is [protected] that I owe them.plz notify me aboutt he outcome cll me [protected] or [protected] after 5:00pm eastern time I need to be compensate for they action my daughter was out 200.00 from her account which she need to pay some now she after to wait on the new paycheck

EOS CCA — A different experience

I had a different experience with EOS CCA and I think you should have some balance to your page. They were...

EOS CCA - Norwell MACollection Placement for Service I never used

I received a notice of collection placement from EOS CCA, with a bill from AT&T Mobility which I never belonged to

EOC CCA
              700 Longwater Drive
              Norwell, Massachusetts
              Phone: [protected]
              EOSCCA.com

I am receiving a collection placement letter from this company in reference to an AT&T Mobility account and I never belonged to AT&T Mobility. And they said I owe more than $2k, now they think it a fraud and they going to mail me a fraud package. It doesnt make any sense. I never use this phone company, the address link to my name is in another city. but somehow they manage to find my name and address to mail this letter to me! WTF?

ChrisM85 Jun 17, 2012

Hi Doan,
                  I would have replied sooner but I'm just now seeing your message. The usual culprit behind something like this is "bad skip-tracing". Essentially someone that shares your name ran up a debt with AT&T and the debt collector was having trouble finding them, so they take a stab in the dark and mail the bill out to people with the same name and any other information they have that makes them think you are the person they are after. If it's not your bill, then chances are they have very little information about the person they are really trying to find. Do you remember the movie "Terminator?" When the Terminator was looking for Sarah Conner, he found several of them in the phone book and showed up at each of their houses. Instead of trying to verify which one was the exact person he was looking for, he just started kil...erm...okay bad example but same concept. They take a stab in the dark and just start sending out the bill hoping the real person will call them.

If it's not your debt then you just have to dispute it and let them know you aren't the person they are looking for. For future reference, this is best done in writing. You'll write to the debt collector and reference the account number or whatever on the bill they sent you and then express very clearly that you dispute the debt and you aren't the person they are looking for. By law, they must immediately stop contacting you and "validate" the debt. This means they have to talk to AT&T and get documents (original contracts, bills, etc) that prove you are the person they are looking for. When they realize they can't do it (again, because you aren't the person they are looking for) then they must delete your information from their systems and stop contacting you. They will likely send you a letter back apologizing for the mistake and to let you know they won't contact you again.

Understand that it is important to dispute the debt, even if it isn't yours. This is because if they mail you a bill and you don't challenge it within 30 days, they have the right to assume you are the person they are trying to reach and that you owe the debt. When you send your dispute letter, you need to send it CERTIFIED MAIL with RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED. This will prove they actually received the letter and it will run you about $5.00 in postage, but a small price to pay to keep the hassle of this escalating at bay. You can try to call them and tell them they've made a mistake, but many collection companies pretend these calls never happened. Do it in writing.

If they still contact you trying to collect after you've told them that you aren't the person they are looking for, then you can file a complaint online with the Better Business Bureau and explain the situation and the steps you've taken to tell them they have their information wrong. With EOS CCA, this is surprisingly effective. They are really good about responding to BBB complaints in just a few days and once they realize you are going through this trouble to show that you aren't the person they are after, they will back down and leave you alone. You can also file online complaints with the FTC and Attorney General's office. In conclusion, a debt collector will usually respect your claim that they have made a mistake, because if they continue trying to collect something that you don't owe then they can get in a heap of trouble (you can even sue them) and the fines are really, really expensive ($1, 000 per call/letter/violation).

Hope this helps, and good luck!

EOS CCANone - great work - refreshing to work with

EOS CCA is compassionate, ethical, professional and knowledgeable! There is no doubt it has been difficult for many families during these tough economic times; and I know from experience that EOS CCA is helping many families resolve their debts in a way that works for the customer (me!). The team that works for them listens and is empathetic to each individual's personal, financial situation. They take into consideration all aspects impacting your ability to pay and then come up with a solution that works for you. They obviously started out asking for payment in full, and why wouldn't they as the debt was severely past due. However, when the situation was explained to them, and payment in full was not an option, they offered to do a settlement on the account! They actually offered to reduce the balance and take less than the amount owed. Unfortunately, that was also not an option so they took payments for several months and worked out a plan until the financial situation improved. Then when I followed up with them ... professional and knowledgeable! There is no doubt it has been difficult for many families during these tough economic times; and I know from experience that EOS CCA is helping many families resolve their debts in a way that works for the customer (me!). The team that works for them listens and is empathetic to each individual's personal, financial situation. They take into consideration all aspects impacting your ability to pay and then come up with a solution that works for you. They obviously started out asking for payment in full, and why wouldn't they as the debt was severely past due. However, when the situation was explained to them, and payment in full was not an option, they offered to do a settlement on the account! They actually offered to reduce the balance and take less than the amount owed. Unfortunately, that was also not an option so they took payments for several months and worked out a plan until the financial situation improved. Then when I followed up with them, they were still willing to work out a settlement on the account. Because of EOS CCA, the credit reports are now updated and the road to 'financial repair' was made a lot easier! If you have an account with this company...call them and explain your willing to work with them - if necessary, ask for a manager...but don't give up as they will help you and work with you. thank you EOS CCA and to all of your employees - keep up the good work!

ethos Aug 10, 2012

Hey Atreyu57
                    I agree i think Satisfied Customer822 is an imposter, a phantom poster from inside the CA pretend industry.

Don't take any abuse from anybody. They should treat you with respect, it's the only way two people can come to an amicable agreement. But collectors like to get you emotional, talk over you, etc so you can make irrational/emotional decisions to pay them without thinking. before you talk to them go to debtorboards.com, learn all you can and get great help on how to handle these low lifes.

• Tiffany Washington Aug 03, 2012

Wow, Atreyu57 has some issues. Sounds like you need some counselling, maybe take some of the money you didn't pay your bill with and get some professional help. Killing the Bill Collector isn't the answer.

• At
                    Atreyu57 Oct 11, 2011

D? It's now an F! Which tells me that the individual who posted this in the first place either works for the corrupted EOS CCA, or is sleeping with one of the managers. I tried talking to a manager you ###, and that got me no where! They were not willing to work with me, in fact they threatened to make my life a living hell if I didn't pay them the "money I owed". This "business"...if you can even call them that, does nothing except make the murder rate go up in this country, because I felt like killing them after I got off the phone.

EOS CCA — Debt Collection

EOS CCA sent a letter to my parents home dated Sept 14, 2011 attempting to collect a debt for Century Link in...

EOS CCA — False information, threats

I owe a debt to Platte Valley Hospital in Brighton CO, I was paying on this debt but was sent to collection...

EOS CCABill

I have received a negative mark on my credit score from EOS CCA which I later found out was for a telephone bill. This was a bill from 2006 in which was paid off a very long time ago. Not once had I received late bill notices, fees, or anything else yet there it sits, making a ding on my credit score. This bill is over $400! Now what am I supposed to do with this? I have called them and complained, written them a notice and disputed it on my credit score all with no results.

EOS CCABill Paid Not Being Reflected

AT&T sent a old bill that I never knew existed to EOS CCA the collection agency. As soon as the mysterious bill appeared I called AT&T to take care of it. 5 months later it is still showing on my credit report. After countless calls with AT&T & EOS CCA I was assurred it would be removed and taken care of. Another month passes and it is still there. I called EOS CCA to see what was going on and was told that they had no record of me and had no idea what I was talking about. I was then disconnected 8 times!!! No one would speak to me and give me an explanation how there could be no record of me yet they were still showing up on my credit report. After 2.5 hours of dealing with AT&T customer service I finally reached a manager who was able to call EOS CCA and have it deleted and letter faxed within 5 minutes. Unbelievable that they are allowed to destroy peoples credit knowing that a bill has been paid. If you search the internet you will see that this is a recurring problem. How they manage to not report paid bills and continue to hold on peoples credit reports is beyond me.

• Ou
                        OutspokeninOhio Nov 16, 2012

I have a AT&T bill for $950 which was given to EOS CCA in August 2012, EOS CCA reports to the credit bureaus biweekly and each time the amount is higher. EOS CCA has me owing $1344. The provisions of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) bar debt collectors from inflating the amount, character or legal status of a debt. They cannot add interest or fees unless state law allows for this; they are also not permitted to harass you over a debt which you do not owe, or try to collect a debt that has been discharged by a bankruptcy proceeding. I will pay AT&T the amount of $950 directly. I never signed a contract with EOS CCA, therefore, I'm not paying them.

• C2
                        C21998 Jun 05, 2012

Exact circumstances in my situation with an old AT&T bill after the account was closed. I settled with EOS and they haven't cleared the debt on my credit report. They're a real piece of dirt, rude and abusive.

EOS CCABen Merritt

I received mail for Ben Merritt from EOS CCA on 7/02/2011. The correspondence was mailed to 1836 Maryland Avenue, Eden, NC, 27288 and stated that EOS was trying to collect a past due amount of over $1000.00 for Verizon Wireless. I am divorced from Ben Merritt and am not responsible for payment of his bills. My ex-husband lives in Live Oak, Florida not Eden, NC and has lived there for over 4 years. He is employed with Live Oak Fire & Rescue. Ben Merritt came to NC during the month of March, 2011 for a court appearance. If he went to Verizon Wireless and purchased a phone while in the State of NC & gave Verizon Wireless the 1836 Maryland Avenue address, he did so without my knowledge. If I receive any further correspondence from EOS concerning Ben Merritt, I will be forced to seek legal counsel to straighten out this problem with Mr. Merritt, Verizon Wireless and EOS.

JohnHitchesness Jul 06, 2011

Who is the primary account holder of the account with the past due balance? Whoever's name and social security number is associated with the account with the overdue balance is the personal liable for the charges. If the account has your name on it, good luck, you're kind of screwed. If you're not the primary account holder then you have nothing to worry about. But if your name is on the account it doesn't matter if you haven't been using it. It was your responsibility to tie up those loose ends.

Christi P. Merritt Jul 02, 2011

I am familiar with Live Oak Florida. I think it's Suwannee Co. Fire & Rescue not Live Oak Fire & Rescue. When 2 people are divorced neither one should be responsible for the other's debts. The one that owes the money should be the one getting the correspondence. Sounds like this person wanted the phone services but not the responsibilities of having them.

eoscca/collection company of americarequesting money without documentation

This company continues to call and demand that I send $146.06 to them or they will ruin my credit. They say I owe the money to Verizon. I have asked them to send me proof or a letter or something and they said they have send paper once. I have never received a thing only threatening phone calls.

I called Verizon to ask if I owed any money and they said no. I do not received any bills from them for $146.03. I have moved and they have my new address. I still have phone service and the balance on my phone bill is $0

When I called the company the first time they listed my old address. Verizon has my new address on record. I have been at my new address for only three months and the post office still forwards all mail that does not have my new address, including junk mail. I gave the company my new address and asked them to send me information concerning the debt. They said that they would not "Because you are only a debt consolidation company we can't provide you with anything." I received no information by mail but continued to receive phone calls.

I called a second time and they did not have my updated address. Again I updated my address and again was told that they were not able to provide me with any proof of my debt because they were only a debt consolidation agency.

My email account was hijacked on December 23, 2010. I don't know if this has anything to do with the email hijacking or is a separate incident. What can I do to stop the harassment?

• Po
                            post swash May 05, 2011

Thanks quasar. I filed a report with FTC earlier today.

US Asset Management — unowed cell phone bill

Received a notice of collection placement letter stating that I owed $450 to A T & T for an unpaid phone...

EOS CCAbeing charged for a cell phone bill we don't owe

We have a cell phone bill that EOS CCA has been trying to collect from us now for 3 years. It was with AT & T. The problem?? We returned those phones and ended our cell phone service withing 14 days of getting those phones. We got them Nov. 2 of 2007 and we returned them Nov. 16 of 2007. According to the contract, if we returned them and ended our service within 14 days, we would not owe anything. We didn't even use them after we got them home. It was buyer's remorse! And yet, they are still trying to collect. Our attorney has sent them letters two years in a row now telling EOS CCA that we dispute the debt and we have sent them proof that we don't owe it, but they still keep trying to collect from us. We are about ready to slap them with a lawsuit because we are tired of it! We don't think our attorney is doing enough, so we want to get a new attorney. Where is there an attorney who will fight this for us??

S and B May 12, 2011

But by the time I was contacted by this collection agency, At and T didn't even have the account information anymore. This debt was supposedly incurred in 2007. I was not contacted about it until 2009. I contacted AT and T right away about it--and AT and T said they didn't have any record of it anymore and couldn't even tell me where to go to take care of it--so I am stuck fighting with this collection agency. So there is no talking to the client.

• Ad
                              Advice2525 Apr 29, 2011

You got to dispute the balance with the client not the debt collection agency. Either way they forward the information you fax over to the agency to the client. Might as well send the letters directly to the client. Thats my recommendation

• Ad
                              Advice2525 Apr 29, 2011

Well, my advice. EOS CCA is like all collection companies in America. The clients (i.e. Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.) sell accounts to EOS CCA to try to collect a debit. EOS CCA has nothing to do with direct billing, they can't pull up bill and see what the charges are for. They don't have access to the same software as the clients. PEOPLE!!! If you get a letter from a debit collection agency, go to the client and have them look up the account with your SSN. Fraud does happen in this world. If your not careful with your SSN someone might get your SSN and use it to open an account, give false information, and then you get stuck with the bill because you refused to listen to the people tht call you.