[Resolved] Enterprise Rent-A-Cartoll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call

J Review updated:

Seems like this is a common complaint and I'm hoping this grabs the attention of an Enterprise representative like some other posts I've seen. Long story short, I was conducting business out of state and I wasn't used to paying tolls and happened to pass (2) $.40 tolls. So, after spending countless time finding out where and how to pay these IL state tolls, I went on the Illinois Toll way website THE DAY OF THE INCIDENT and paid the whopping $.80. I have confirmation emails from the Illinois Toll way and everything. This was back in September by the way. Fast forward to beginning of January...I get this Enterprise letter stating THEY paid the tolls and THEY are going to charge me $15 as an admin fee if I don't reach them within 15 days. Here's the problem...NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE. The only contact info on this letter is a number that goes straight into a voicemail of some sort. Extremely disappointed with this service and I've been using Enterprise for years. I'm a very busy traveling professional and tracking down someone is the very last thing I want to do. Unless someone resolves this issue I will never be using them again and I will pass this experience along to others I come in contact with…

RESOLVED

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Aug 22, 2011

We are listening and regret that you've had this experience. I would like to look into this further for you. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement number, location (street/city/state) of the rental office, and any further details of the incident. When emailing, please use "Incident 110822-002452" as the subject so we can connect your email to your case file. (Rich)

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 17, 2012

We regret you had this experience and I'd like to look into this matter. Please email [email protected] with your full name, contact information, the renting location, and any other details.

When emailing please list reference #120117-000002 in the subject line.

-Amanda

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Feb 07, 2012

We're listening and happy to look into your situation. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your contact information, the renting locaiton, and any other details.

When emailing please list reference # 120206-003456 in the subject line.

Amanda
    Enterprise- Rent-A-Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 17, 2012

Hi, We want to have a chance to address this! Please email us the at care[at]enterprise.com with your name, contact information, Rental agreement number, and citation number. We will be happy to look into this for you!

When emailing please list 120617-001579 in the subject line

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 20, 2012

Amii, We want to have a chance to address this! Please email us the at care[at]enterprise.com with your name, contact information, Rental agreement number, and citation number. We will be happy to look into this for you!

When emailing please list 120620-002632 in the subject line

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 21, 2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and the rental agreement number, along with any other details that will help us

When emailing, please list reference # 120621-002831 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you so we can help!

Suejan

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 27, 2012

MWRB, thank you for voicing your concerns. We have received your email and will be in touch shortly.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 10, 2012

AravindB, we would like to look into this further. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and the rental agreement number, along with any other details.

When emailing, please list reference #120710-001337 in the subject line.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 10, 2012

hrama, we would like to look into this further. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and the rental agreement number, along with any other details.

When emailing, please list reference #120710-001342 in the subject line.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Dec 18, 2012

Ganesh,
    Thank you for your post. My name is Katherine and I am on the Social Media Team for Enterprise. I can definitely assist you in this matter. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the exact location of your previous rental, and any details you deem important. In the subject line of the email please type reference #121218-001858.
    Thank you for your time and I look forward to your email.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 16, 2013

Prasad210,
    If you still need assistance with your concern, we would like to have the opportunity to assist you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    When emailing, please list Reference Number 130116-003000 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 22, 2013

Pratap,
    Thank you for your post. My name is Katherine and I am on the Enterprise Social Media Team. If you need assistance with your violation questions please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your contact information, exact branch location, rental agreement number, and all the details. Please type reference number 130122-002392 in the subject line of your email.
    I look forward to receiving your email.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Mar 19, 2013

R_Smith
    We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    When emailing, please list Reference Number 130319-003032 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 25, 2013

T_ram,
    I'd like to speak with you further about your experience. Please email us at [email protected] with the full details, including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130725-001838 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Social Media Team
    Enterprise Rent-a-Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 27, 2013

finewhine
    We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the chance to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 130727-000770 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 29, 2013

asheehan,

Thank you for your post concerning your rental experience. My name is Katherine and I am a Social Monitoring Coordinator for Enterprise Rent A Car and would like to assist you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, rental agreement number, and exact branch location so we can follow up with you directly. Please also type reference number 130729-002360 in the subject line of your email.

Best Regards,
    Social Monitoring Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Sep 11, 2013

gulbur,
    We’ve taken note of your comments and would like to have the chance to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    When emailing, please list Reference Number 130911-001500 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Sep 17, 2013

LT33, I would like to discuss this further. Please email me at [email protected] with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Reference #130917-002256 in the subject box of your email so I can more easily assist you. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Sep 18, 2013

Hello mbp, if you need assistance with a toll charge, please email us at [email protected] with your full name, contact information, rental location and citation number if possible. When emailing, please list reference number 130918-005133 in the subject line.
    Megan
    Social Media Coordinator, Enterprise Rent a Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Oct 24, 2013

shachi2,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at [email protected] with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this incident.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131024-001926 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Social Media Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Oct 27, 2013

kasia1
    We would like to discuss this with you further. Please email us at [email protected] with your full name, contact information and citation number.
    When emailing, please list reference number 131027-000746 in the subject line.

Megan
    Social Media Coordinator, Enterprise Rent a Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Nov 20, 2013

JohnnyU, I am glad we could get this resolved. The automated tolling systems that drive these violations force us to clear our plates immediately or they would build up quickly on a particular plate and a future renter could be stopped for non-payment of an accumulated batch of toll violations. We do try to be reasonable when the violation amounts are so low.

Chris M
    Social Media Monitor
    Enterprise Rentals

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Dec 03, 2013

lava0, Thank you for your post it appears this was already taken care of. The administration fee was waived and you are only responsible for the toll. The emal below went out yesterday (12/02/2013) at 12:31 PM CST. If you have additional questions please reach out to us at [email protected] Chris, Social Media Team Enterprise

original email from our citations dept:
    Dear Susannah,

Thank you for your email and the opportunity to assist you. I have reviewed the information and have waived the $18 Administration Fee. Please contact our Citation Department by phone to pay the remaining toll charge. You can reach them at: 1-800-935-0112. Failure to contact the Citation Department within 15 business days of the issued letter will result in an automatic charge to your credit card for the toll. If you wish to dispute the remaining amount you will need to contact the issuing agency directly. If you have any further questions please contact me again.

Crystal

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Dec 12, 2013

bkonig,

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131212-001711 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Social Media Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 03, 2014

Michael we would like to look into this further. Please email [email protected] with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. -Tatiana

When emailing, please list reference # (140103-001174) the subject line.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 04, 2014

Gabriela Corza, we’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send a detailed email to [email protected] including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us. When emailing, please list Reference Number 140104-000910 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Respectfully, Carol H.
    Social Media Specialist

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 17, 2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention S.O.S.4ME. We would like to look into this further. Please email [email protected] with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. -Tatiana

When emailing, please list reference # (140117-001714) the subject line.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 22, 2014

b_p,
    We’ve taken note of your comments and would like help out. Please email [email protected] including the rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number. Please list Reference Number 140122-001740 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Respectfully, Carol H.
    Social Media Specialist

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Feb 03, 2014

Alex 45
    Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at [email protected] with the complete details, exact renting location and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140203-002603. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you.

Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Mar 21, 2014

Mr Scientist, we take customer service seriously and want to assist you. Please email
    [email protected] with your contact information, reference #140321-002312 and all the details above so we
    can address your situation. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Apr 08, 2014

Thich, we'd be happy to look into your situation. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the exact renting location, and reference number 140408-002383 so we can address your concerns. Thank you. - Rob

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Apr 14, 2014

Wayneinnh, our team would like to make the proper management aware of your concerns. Please email us at: [email protected] with your contact information, rental agreement number and any additional details you would like to share about your experience. Please attach reference #140414-002359 to your email.-Thank You. Christina

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 18, 2014

BH Shea, we would be happy to assist you. You can reach our Tolls & Citations department directly by calling 1-800-935-0112. They are available from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM every day. You may also email my team directly for assistance at [email protected] When emailing, please include your name, contact information, the rental location, reservation or rental agreement number, and any additional details. When emailing, please use reference number in the subject. Thank you. -Zach, Social Media Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Sep 24, 2014

C. Met., Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at [email protected] with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Also reference #140924-001942 in the subject. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Oct 30, 2014

Hi "Feeling Aggrieved." We're listening and would like to address this with you directly. Please email [email protected] with your contact information and the rental agreement number or claim numbers (the "DX" number if you have that) so we can research this properly. When emailing, please list reference #141029-001960. Thank you. - John, Social Monitoring Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 11, 2015

Carolinetown, We're listening and would be happy to look into your experience further. Please email [email protected] with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement or reservation number. Also reference #150111-000796 in the subject. We look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Christopher, Social Monitoring Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Mar 25, 2015

mr.mahmood24, we've noted your comments and would like to address this with you directly. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the exact rental office location, rental agreement or reservation numbers and the full details, so we can research this properly. When emailing, please list reference # 150325-000595 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you soon. – Carol H. Social Monitoring Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · May 18, 2015

Melinda, I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at [email protected] with your contact information, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference 150518-003308. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 01, 2015

@Valued Enterprise Customer, we take customer service seriously and want to assist you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, exact location you rented from, reservation/rental agreement number and reference #150701-003078 so we can address your situation. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 02, 2015

Katie, the administrative fee is charged to offset costs incurred by Enterprise for any and all research and communications. If you would like to discuss this further please email us at [email protected] with your rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference 150702-001805. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 08, 2015

B28, I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at [email protected] with your contact information, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference #150708-002649. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Oct 19, 2015

Thanks for sharing your experience . If you would like for us to look into your experience further with your citation concern, please email us at [email protected] with your name as it appears on your rental, email address and phone number, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact location you rented from, and any other details you would like to add. Please include reference number 151019-003310 in your message. Thanks! -Collin

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Oct 27, 2015

We can look into this for you Harriet. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] with complete details such as: email address, reservation/rental agreement number and reference #151027-004088. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Mar 03, 2016

Jules7, Thank you for your feedback. I would like to help. Please email [email protected] with the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement/reservation number and any other details.
    Please include reference number 160303-001998 in the subject line of your email. Thank you.
    Christina B.
    Social Monitoring Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 15, 2016

CABrownMD, Our team would like to make the proper management aware of your concerns. Please email us at: [email protected] Please include your contact information, rental agreement number and any additional details you would like to share about your experience. Please attach reference #140325-002896 .-Thank You. -Christina

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 15, 2016

CABrownMD,

We’ve noted your comments and would like to look into this for you. Please send a detailed email to [email protected] including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your claims, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    Please list Reference Number 140319-004033 in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Aug 02, 2016

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement number, and any other details.

When emailing, please list reference # 130115-001682 in the subject line.

Gillian T.
    Social Monitor Coordinator

Volkana,
    When emailing, please list Reference Number 130309-001330 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Updated by NationalCare · Aug 02, 2016

sje1, we'd be happy to look into this for you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the renting location, and all the details so we can address your concern. Please attach reference #140114-002500 to your email. -Christina

Noel194,
    We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to help out with this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] including the rental office information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    When emailing, please list Reference Number 130809-000653 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Te
    Tenesa Williams Dec 23, 2007

I NEEDED A CAR BECAUSE MINES WAS DOWN THEIR WAS A VERY SPEICAL PERSON THAT HELPED ME THOUGH MY NEEDS WELL THINGS BUILD UP I HAD SPENT OVER 2000 GRAND WITH THEM THEY CAME AND RECOVERED THE CAR SENT MY ACCOUNT TO COLLECTIONS THEN AT CHRISTMAS TIME START CHARGING MY CARD THE REP WAS DISPESPECTFUL DID NOT GIVE ME A NUMBER TO THE BIG OFFICE SO MY MONEY IS NOT FOR MY CHILDREN THEY ALSO TOLD MY STATED THAT IT WAS FOR A NEW RENTAL WHY WOULD GET A NEW RENTAL IF I DID NOT PAY THE FIRST ONE OFF

• El
    Elliott Logan Jan 17, 2008

Go take an English course at your local adult ed center before you write EVER again.

• Le
    LedJ64 Sep 11, 2010

I was in an accident where I was rear ended and proven to be not at fault. The insurance company USAA and Enterprise both stated that I would not be charged for the rental car I received. I, of course, was then charged over 83 dollars and it will not be reversed for unknown reasons.

• G1
    g1e2r3r4y5 Aug 22, 2011

SOLD ME EXTRA INS. WHEN I HAD FULL COVERAGE FROM ALL STATE INS. THEY SHOULD HAVE INFORMED ME OF MY OPTIONS, INSTEAD TO ABOUT TUNE 1500 DOLLARS LATER.BEING ON FIXED INCOME AND BEING 75 YRS OLD, I WAS IN SHOCK, I HAVE A LOT MORE I WOULD LIKE TO SAY BAOUT THAT COMP. I WOULD NEVER GO BACK, I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND IT TO ANYONE . [email protected] YAHOO.COM

• Na
    nataliekno Feb 07, 2012

I, also, am in the same situation. My toll was paid and I received a letter almost two months later claiming that THEY paid it. Enterprise mailed it to my previous address, which really set me off because my license at the time of rental reflected that address. When I gave them my utility bill, in order to use a debit card; I was met with a sharp, "Yeah, this doesn't match your address on the license so either you can move your reservation to tomorrow (the day my family was celebrating Christmas) or you can go to the DMV to get a new license." Mind you, when I made the reservation I was told nothing of my current license needing to match my utility bill, the sales guy claimed otherwise. I went to the DMV, got a brand new license with my current address and all was well. One would think that since I had to go to all of that trouble they would update their records. Now, due to the fact that Enterprise failed to update their records (even though my contract was issued to my CURRENT address) - I am stuck with a $15 charge. I also think it's so convenient that the letter was dated 1/25/12 and it states that my card will be charged 15 days after the letter issue...because they, once again, FAILED to send it to the correct address, I received the letter 12 days after the issue date; leaving me with 3 days until the charge. I will literally NEVER USE ENTERPRISE again, this was the worst experience and receiving this letter just confirmed it.

• Dh
    DhruvC Jun 17, 2012

I am in a similar situation. I was informed by the toll booth agent to retain the unpaid toll ticket (which I still have). Enterprise sent the letter to my old address which I received it after my card was charged. I tried calling the number on the letter but to no avail. I understand its my fault but I do have the ticket as informed and paying anything more than the ticket toll seems exaggerated (especially when the toll charge is less then a dollar but the bill I owe is $23). I have been loyal with enterprise; love their service, their promptness and their promised PICK UP service. This experience surely puts a dent in the impression. Unsatisfied.

• Am
    Amii Jun 20, 2012

Hi, last month I hired a car from Enterprise and went to chicago. I paid almost all of the tolls but since this was my first trip so I missed 1-2 tolls of $0.75 amount. Recently I received a letter from enterprise about charing me $15.75 for paying the bills.
    I am not sure why enterprise directly paid the toll without informing me about my pending toll payments. They would have informed me about this and I would have directly paid to Chicago toll office.
    I have checked with Chicago toll office people and come to know that enterprise could have contacted you before paying even. Moreover, I have to come know that 3 tolls are exempted in a 24 months timeframe. I have 2 tolls to be paid and that can be exempted as by law of 24 months exemption.
    I am regularly contacting enterprise but no response.

• Sc
    schick Jun 21, 2012

Like some previous complaints we traveled to Chicago in an Enterprise car. We payed 5 or 6 tolls but we did miss one $.95 toll by going through the I-pass lane. We recently received a bill for $15.95 from Enterprise. Per the Illinois tollway website, nothing will happen until you miss 3 tolls in a 2 year period.

We are trying to figure out why a $15 fee is charged when Enterprise's office is in Lombard while the Illinois Tollway Association's office is in Downers Grove. We would be happy to pay the $.95 but were never given a chance by Enterprise. What is the point of a number to call if no one is ever there?

• Mw
    MWRB Jun 27, 2012

I also have the same situation and am horrified by this level of poor customer service. I had a rental car from Enterprise last month only because someone else hit my car and it had to be repaired and their insurance company sent me there. First, the charged my credit card an 'upgrade fee' WITHOUT notifying me because they said that the other person's insurance company would only cover a portion of the rental. I did NOT ask for an upgrade and should have been told of this at the time of service. THEN, a month later I receive the toll violation invoice in the mail for a $.45 toll with a $15 administration fee! I had my toll pass in the car at the time of rental (I actually left it in the car and had to go back and pick it up so that proves that it was in the car). I have no idea how a violation cold have occurred, but I would have been more than happy to have authorized the toll charge with the state to pay it on my account. I think this is horrible customer service and I will Never use Enterprise again! I called the number on the invoice several times and no on answers or calls back. I called my local Enterprise Office and they told me that they cannot help me, it is a corporate issue. Again, I WOULD recommend NOT using them for rental car service. I am truly disappointed and disgusted with this service.

• Ar
    AravindB Jul 09, 2012

I had a recent toll violation of 1 toll out of 5 different uses and I have a fine for $15.95. They should have contacted me about the fine before paying it on my behalf as per law. These guys seem to be sharks preying on people like us waiting to miss tolls, pity their business model to rip people off. NEVER AGAIN will I ever go with Enterprise.

• Hr
    hrama Jul 10, 2012

Hi, I am also in the same situation as above people and being charged 15$ fees for a toll violation (0.75$) in illinois . I have been trying to call the number given on the letter but no one picks up. can you please give me a number to call so i can sort this out. thanks

• Bl
    blanet Jul 27, 2012

I had the same situation : $3 toll violation, but I was assessed an $18 admin fee. The customer care rep I spoke to was very rude and refused to help me out.

Very unhappy with Enterprise. I use their rental service a lot since I travel on business but I don't think I will after this.

GM

• De
    dennis_bc Jul 28, 2012

I rented an Enterprise car from Missouri and went to chicago and came back and paid my tolls on line but put in the wrong registration no and got 5 letters from enterprise yesterday with a total of 140$ fine.I called the tollway and they see my payment with the wrong registration plate no.But they can't refund enterprise unless enterprise calls them.Now I'm being charged 140$ for a 7$ toll which I paid.If Enterprise just sends the toll to our addresses it would be much easier.But the most frustrating thing is NOBODY is ANSWERING the phone no on the letter.Am really frustrated.

• Cr
    cruzazul Jul 31, 2012

I have the same situation. The difference is that I used National so I am assuming National is part of enterprise company. I paid the tolls 06/17/2012 and I just received 07/19/2012 two invoices saying the charges on the Credit card will be effective in 15 days. Called them several times left messages no return calls from enterprise. Today I sent all my information to [email protected] email. Hoping to address this issue. By the way the 15 days have not yet gone so I am still trying to solve this issue before they charge the amount.

Jodieroberrs Aug 01, 2012

You know the Illinois tollwAy is the joke here! I spent 40 minutes with them on the phone and they have a 7 day grace period to pay but she told me they sent them in 3 days to rental car companies to pay! How us that fair??? Why have a 7 day grace period at all? The girl at enterprise said the tollway will take your money even after they send enterprise the same bill! How is this legal? The tollway payment system is a joke... I also think it is unfair that we have to pay twice the rate of iPass users when we pay in cash! The tollway just robs visitors to the state with out iPass

• Jp
    J Pad Aug 13, 2012

Similar situation. Received a letter about a toll violation and that Enterprise paid on my behalf for a vehicle rented through National. My travels from Michigan to Illinois did not involve a toll road. I tried calling the number provided and left the identification numbers for the two invoices. I fully expect to have this matter resolved as this is a clear mistake and I anticpate Enterprise will resolve this matter expeditiously. I do not intend on spending countless hours to recover $16.00 as Enterprise fully expects me to. If I do not receive an immediate response from either this or the phone message left, I intend to report this company to the BBB and will be proactive in communicating to the many people I know not to use this business.

JP

• Wi
    Wilds Aug 14, 2012

Today I had the same experience that everyone else is having. If this is a violation department then someone should be answering the phone. There is an I-pass account in the rental car that the time of rental. If you would like to be reimbursed the $3.30 toll I would appreciate a phone call back. Invoice #T99959420 and have left three voicemails.

• Mb
    MB1013 Aug 14, 2012

I too have the same issue with enterprise, I have called 3 times and received 3 different letters from their violations department. With only a phone number. I googled them to find a fax number, the fax number does not work, they clearly want to take peoples money and if they dont answer then you have to pay the fees. I can guarentee this, that if my card get charged for these fees and toll violations after my 3 calls stating they are NOT allowed to charge my card (which were covered under my i-pass and i-pass has already taken care of the fees, and the violations) I will be taking legal action against enterprise, and for every enterprise rep that has said you are looking into the problem the first complaint I read was in Jan 2012! So why isnt this issue fixed?!

Someone better get my a contact number with a person who answers NOT a voice machine AND fax number ASAP.

MB

• Rr
    rrobinson76 Aug 18, 2012

I received the first of what I know will be a handful of toll letters (E12225553) to come from Enterprise today, I traveled quite a bit the two weeks I was in their car. Unlike other complainers I did get to speak to someone immediately when I called the number on the letter and then again when I called Enterprise's customer line. However, neither person could assist me to an appropriate level but not because they didn't try, I know these two women said everything they were trained to say, the problem is Enterprise's policy with the toll authorities, it needs to be changed. I would like to state that unlike some other complaints, the two women I spoke to were both polite and empathetic. No person should ever have to pay a fine and fee for an error without receiving any proof that the error was committed. I received an invoice for a missed $10 toll and then an Enterprise Fee of $18 additional dollars. In my situation, I did have my EZ Pass and the toll not registering must have been an error. My toll was $5, then the toll authority added on another $5. If the bill had been sent to me I could call the toll authority, prove I had EZ pass and they would waive my fee. I've done this in the past in my own car. As the letter, and many websites on this issue state, I immediately called Enterprise and asked them to transfer the bill to me. I called the day I received the letter. They said they cannot transfer bills from this particular toll agency, the Regional Toll Authority and that they already paid the fee. They offered to reduce my fee to $9 (thus proving that they grossly overcharge their administration fee). The complaint I made VERY clear was that I was being charged for a crime with no evidence. When you miss a toll in NJ or PA you receive a bill with a picture of your car going through the toll, you can see yourself and you have an opportunity to appeal it with the toll agency. I was told by Enterprise, and their FAQ on their www.htallc.com also states, that I CANNOT receive this notice. This seems absolutely ridiculous. I should be able to see proof of what they say I did. I believe it is Enterprise's responsibility to work with the Regional Toll Authority, and any other toll authority that does this, to change this policy. Every customer should have the chance to pay their own missed tolls and avoid any toll fee due to a device malfunction error. And every customer should receive the original violation from the issuing agency. I too will be submitting this poor practice to the BBB as well as asking the BBB to look into Enterprise's grossly overcharged Administration Fee. They are clearly raking in profits from this fee. The only thing I think they could state is that the $18 covers the salary of the people they have to have on staff to handle the mountain of complaint calls that come in due to this horrible practice! This situation also seems quite fitting for a class action suit. I think what has me most worked up about this injustice is that the only reason I was in a rental car was because I got rear-ended and my car was being repaired. The insurance company of the woman who hit me covered the cost of the car and now I'm having to pay fees for a situation I was forced into by being hit.

AnitaBo Aug 20, 2012

Hello.

I have called the violations department 3 times and have never received a return call! The message on the voicemail says that they will return my call within 3 business days, but they have not!
    I had some toll violations (first time driving out of state and I thought my GPS was taking me the no toll route). I know I owe the money and will pay it, but they are charging my old debit card the $1.30 and $1.10 for each violation. Every time they do this I am charged an overdraft fee of $30! I have paid $90 so far for 3 $1.10 and $1.30 toll charges!
    I would like to go to the current Enterprise office and pay for my toll charges if possible or mail the payments to the violations department before they charge another $1.10 to my old debit card number!
    Can you please help me with this issue?!
    I am a single mother, and I need that $90! I rent from you all often, and this was an honest mistake, but I cannot afford to pay another $30 for charges to my account!

I hope to hear from someone soon!

AnitaBo

Annette Swoger Aug 21, 2012

Invoice # 509861613, Invoice 509861642, Invoice 509861642 - These were tolls that even though I had my IPASS inthe proper position to be read, somehow the Illinois Toll Pass System did not register those transaction. All the other tolls we passed through were properly recorded. We did not reposition the IPASS or go through a non-IPASS lane. IPASS cannot explain why this incident occurred. I spoke to IPASS when I received your notice and they claim they cannot refund the $15 to me that your company charged to my credit card. They said only Enterprise can make that request and then IPASS refunds the $15 to you and you credit my credit card. Unfortunately, Enterprise has a phone number to call that goes directly to a voice mail and is never responded to. Since this is how your choose to treat your loyal customers, I will rent from AVIS for my Labor Day trip instead of Enterprise. Wake up. Don't list a phone number that no one responds to. You're better off to let the local offices handle these matters. I hope you are able to get me a $15 refund. Thank you for any information you can offer. Annette Swoger, Streamwood, IL 60107

Pravin Nair Sep 04, 2012

I have been using enterprice ever since i have been in USA., but i am gonna avoid it and recommend avoiding it to all my colluges.

Reason bein,
    1. I receive a mail from Enterprise saying i have a toll violation on the rental car, even though i had a i-Pass .
    2. I call the number on letter 630 693 2930 and it goes to voice mail promising to call back in 5-7 day.
    3. 2 weeks later i see 16.70 deducted from my credit card no call back from above number.. i wanna say.. JUST BECAUSE U HAVE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER DOESN'T MEAN U CAN ROB MY MONEY.
    4. There has to be a call back before deducting anyways i call a customer service number they again give me another number ..630 652 3999 again same crap voice mail.
    5. Fed up with this thing i feel robbed here. I even called the Illinois tollway they do not recognize the enterprice invoice number at least give the Illonis toll violation number on letter.
    6. Enterprice seems to have a monopoly. i will try my best to avoid this rental

Preciouslady48 Oct 01, 2012

I have been trying to reach the toll violation department as well. During the month of August I accrued 47 tolls on the dates of which I used their vehicle, of which only one of the tolls did not take. As a result they received a toll violation for $1.30 (.65x2). The problem is that they never answer the phone, as it goes directly into voicemail. I think this is a scam and I will report it to the BBB. As long as they don't answer the phone, they figure that the 15 days would pass; giving them the opportunity to charge your credit card the $15.00 in addition to the minor toll charge. Organizations like this should be shut down by the state because this is no doubt fraud and they know it.

Preciouslady48 Oct 01, 2012

I am happy to say that I sent an email with a copy of my I-Pass account charges when I rented my car back in August. I received a reply less than an hour and was informed that my concerns were forwarded to the local office near me.

I received a call back from the management team, and since I showed proof that I used my transponder the entire time, and just the 1 toll did not pickup, they waived the $15.00 processing feel. I was very pleased to say the least.

Unfortunately, no matter how many times I called, my call was still not answered. So, I recommend sending an email if at all possible, attaching any supporting documents that you may have.

• Ga
    Ganesh Jayaraman Nov 27, 2012

Hi

During 08/31 - 09/03 I hired a car from Enterprise and went to chicago. Since this was my first trip, I missed 1-2 tolls of $0.95 and $0.55 amount. Recently I received a letter from enterprise about charging me $15.95 and $0.55 for paying the bills.

I'm regularly contacting enterprise, but always it goes on a voice mail (no response.). Please let me know on how to pay the fee. I feel very unhappy for choosing enterprise.

My email address is [email protected]

Thanks
    Ganesh

• Up
    upgrade Dec 15, 2012

My response is as follows.

#1 I do not believe I passed through FOUR toll booths without paying and would like to see proof of this from the state of Illinois on their letterhead, not from Enterprise.
    #2 I did not authorize you to pay these tolls on my behalf without contacting me first.
    #3 I dispute this $15 administrative fee. The tolls if valid are $3. I will pay $3. Not a penny more.
    #4 As stated above I have tried several times to call you regarding this matter and nobody there answers the phone. Why have a phone number?

I have been a loyal customer of Enterprise despite several problems including not having cars ready when they were reserved months in advance and frequent "upgrades" because the car class I requested was not available. While these upgrades might be appreciated by some, they often resulted in poor gas economy.
    I could pay this but on principal I will not. If this is how Enterprise treats it's customers I will simply rent elsewhere.

Prasad210 Dec 28, 2012

I also have the same situation, except that my Illinois Tollway IPass on is in the car! Some tolls are charged the my Ipass (by the way, I got a crappy Toyota Yaris), but some tolls are not charged. Enterprise sent an invoice of $0.75 for missed toll and a whopping $17 will be charged for administrative fee in 15 days for no fault of mine. I kept calling this customer service for the last 3 days, but no one would either pick up the call or return my voice mail. This is a ridiculous customer service. My experience with the car and the enterprise staff at the collision center where I picked up the car alone makes me to not rent with enterprise ever again. I am more than willing to change my insurance company if they say that I need to rent with Enterprise.

BTW, I would not know that the Ipass did not get charged. As an Ipass customer, the http://www.illinoistollway.com would not let me pay anything either. Thanks, Prasad

• Hw
    hwebster47 Jan 08, 2013

I agree with the issues people are experiencing as well. I rented a car in October, 2012 and went through some tolls and just received the letter stating that I owe monies for the violations. Today is January 8, 2013, I have been calling every business day since January 2nd, but the voicemail ask that you not leave multiple messages. I am still at a lost as to what to do because I do not want to get assessed additional fees. and would like to pay. Can someone please help me in resolving this issue? My contact information is: [email protected] Thank you

• Alamo Rent A Car Jan 08, 2013

hwebster47,

I have sent you an email to the email address you have provided. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gillian T.
    Enterprise Social Team

Pratappv Jan 22, 2013

Hi, Even I faced a similar situation where the enterprise is saying that they paid $100 on behalf of me for violating the tolls in DC. I did not violated any tolls and never over stepped the speed anywhere. I would like to see some kind of proof for charging me. Also when I am trying to contest the ticket online of DC DMV site, it clearly states that If I want to contest the ticket then I shouldn't be paying any portion of amount towards it but enterprises says it has already paid on behalf of me and charging me the same with add-on of $18. They are not giving me any chance to prove myself not guilty and neither providing any kind of proof for charging me. It ridiculous and weird. please NEVER EVER GO with ENTERPRISE RENTAL.

Thanks
    Pratap

• Rs
    R_Smith Mar 19, 2013

I rented from Enterprise in San Diego for a 3 day weekend. I received a parking ticket in my rental car from the city of San Diego. I paid the ticket 10 days of issuance, well before the 21 days required by the city of San Diego. Now I have received a notice from Enterprise that they will be billing my credit card for an $18 administrative fee in two days for me receiving the citation. I called Enterprise to get a copy of the citation they received, since the letter was dated weeks after payment was made to San Diego. The CSR refused to provide a copy of the citation or forward me to her supervisor. She did attempt to transfer me to the city of San Diego to resolve the issue. I have written proof that the citation was paid 10 days from issuance. Customer service with Enterprise does not appear to exist. I guess I will take Enterprise out of my rotation for rental cars. I guess a 300 day a year renter is not their desired customer.

• La
    lari Apr 06, 2013

I just rented a car for a week and returned the car told the rep at the rental location I missed 3 tolls in Illinois and she said wait for the bill ...I explained how I didnt want to wait and pay a fee she said she actually dod not know how to help me and the manager was gone. I am so unhappy w the way it was handled and I really dont want to wait for a $15 bill. What can I do?

• Sl
    SLH3 May 30, 2013

I have had the same situation happen to me (55cents PLUS 17.00 Admin fee) and I need to speak to someone to get this rectified. Having a number that goes straight to voicemail is useless and a waste of time as I have not received a call back. I have been a customer for YEARS and this is very disappointing service.

Shawn

• Yu
    Yuriy K. Jun 18, 2013

Seems, the only change went over the time is a processing fee $17 instead of $15. I've received a letter regarding one unpaid toll $0.75 while driving a rental car with my own
    I-Pass five weeks ago. As the I-pass holder, I should not pay any extra fee as just a missed toll. This was confirmed during my conversation with Illinois Tollway this morning.
    But $0.75 was already paid by Enterprise, and now I will be charged $17.75 to my credit card. I left a voice mail regarding this issue, but so far have no feedback. Would be any suggestion for me from the Social Media Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Y.K.

• Ri
    ridiculous enterprise Jun 27, 2013

Didn't know there were this many complaints regarding the same situation with Enterprise, very disappointing. My situation was back in December, I rented a car with them for a week, and went through a toll with my ezpass (thinking that it should take care of that). But I was wrong, and still considered as violation. Regardless, I've never received a mail regarding the violation, and just saw $18 out of my credit card by Enterprise in March. I immediately called them to ask and they said it was because of the violation and said I should have received the mail, which I never did. I assumed that should have taken care of the bill, but nooooo. Today, I receive a mail from collecting agency saying that I have delinquent unpaid toll. I am now furious and called Enterprise, and only thing I got back was "we sent you the mail" which was send to my old address from 2 years ago. This is ridiculous.

• Ku
    KuntPunter Jul 01, 2013

Enterprise, for the most part, is underhanded and sleazy. Nearly everyone that has ever had any dealings with one of their "neighborhood locations" or "airport rental sites" (where the cars are always located way off-grounds) knows this. And we expect all of this - bare-bottom-basic-stripped-to-the-bones, over-utilized, worn-out, reeking-of-smoke vehicles (my last two "standard-sized" Florida rentals both had; 1) NO airconditioning - 2) Over 35, 000 miles - 3) no power windows or door locks - 4) Filthy cloth interiors - and ... 5, 6 and 7) NO AIRCONDITIONING ...
    But I forget my main point here ... Anyway ... Enterprise Rental - where the slogan should be, "Pay more ... Get less - And then get raped with ### fees that the 20-year-old working the counter pulls out of his/her ### ('We had to vacuum it')")

You don't get what you pay for.

• Tr
    T_ram Jul 18, 2013

Hi, i got letter from Enterprise today to pay $17 for administration and processing fees for toll violation but the i have paid the amount at the toll with incorrect plate number cos of wrongly mention on booking reference paper given by the agent. I have been trying to call the number given on the letter but no one picks up. can you please give me a number to call.Thanks

• Fi
    finewhine Jul 27, 2013

Hi,

I got similarly screwed by enterprise as well. I was cited for a moving violation. Enterprise sent me a letter giving me the details of the citation (number, issuing agency, date, location of the incident, etc) but they did not send me ANY of the documentation that they had received from the citation issuing agency (the agency sends this documentation to the registered owner of the vehicle, not the renter, obviously). So, I had no idea, just from reading their letter, what this citation was for ( i had not been pulled over and I did not have any tickets sitting on my windshield). The letter from Enterprise also said they would be paying the ticket on my behalf and will be charging me an additional $18 admin fee (which I understand, as long the original citation itself was valid and I had had the chance to contest it).

So, given this mysterious letter with no hint of what I had done to get this citation, I called enterprise for clarification. They essentially said the same thing that was on the letter, and that they had no further information on the details of the citation. They said I could call the issuing agency to get the details.

So, I had to make multiple calls to various parties in a couple of different offices of the issuing agency (by going to the issuing agency's website and through their links), through which I was told that this citation was for a red light camera based violation, and that they sent documentary evidence (most importantly, red light camera photos) to the registered owner (Enterprise, in this case).

I contacted Enterprise again, this time via e-mail (it's rare to get someone at their citations department to pick up the phone during their business hours, but e-mail turned out to be a fairly efficient means of communication) and told them that they should have received red-light photos, etc. It turned out that they did have these photos (I still don't know why they did not send these to me along with the original letter they sent me) which they sent to me, now that I had actually requested it from them.

However, by the time I got to this stage, the issuing agency's dispute period had expired. Also, Enterprise charged my credit card within 15 days of sending me the letter (as they said they would in the letter), which may have been enough time to dispute the citation (barely, I think, but I guess it is possible) IF I had been given all the evidence/documentation supporting the citation along with the letter (which they didn't).

I ran all this past enterprise customer service and asked for a refund. After some back and forth via email, they decided that everything was valid and that they would not be issuing any refund.

So, I am now out $150 (including the admin fee) without getting a chance to contest the ticket.

I am wondering if anybody can give me tips, ideas for how I might pursue this case? What are my consumer rights type options?. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• As
    asheehan Jul 29, 2013

Same story here. During my week long rental, apparently ONE toll out of 4 did not process through my IPASS and therefore registered with IPASS that it was not paid. Enterprise sent a letter on July 15 saying they paid the meager $.75 on my behalf and are now charging me $17.75 for the toll and "administrative fees". Also, the letter states I have 15 days to contact them before they charge my card. How does that work out when I don't receive the letter until July 26? Not to mention, when I call no one wants to answer. This blatant attempt to collect unwarranted fees is outrageous and unethical. I have already contacted IPass to verify the details, now it is apparently a waiting game with Enterprise as to when they would like to pick up the phone and/or return phone calls.

• Gu
    gulbur Sep 05, 2013

i have the exact situation above i rented a car for a week i missed one toll and when i stopped i asked the guy at the booth what i should do he told a gave me a piece of paper that has the time and amount i paid it online i have the evidence on my card but after a month i received a letter from enterprise saying they will charge me for $17 and there is number to call but it goes straight to voicemail. enterprise needs to better their customer service

gulbur