Enterprise Rent-A-Cartoll violation and $15 admin fee b/c no one returns phone call

J Review updated:

Seems like this is a common complaint and I'm hoping this grabs the attention of an Enterprise representative like some other posts I've seen. Long story short, I was conducting business out of state and I wasn't used to paying tolls and happened to pass (2) $.40 tolls. So, after spending countless time finding out where and how to pay these IL state tolls, I went on the Illinois Toll way website THE DAY OF THE INCIDENT and paid the whopping $.80. I have confirmation emails from the Illinois Toll way and everything. This was back in September by the way. Fast forward to beginning of January...I get this Enterprise letter stating THEY paid the tolls and THEY are going to charge me $15 as an admin fee if I don't reach them within 15 days. Here's the problem...NO ONE ANSWERS THE PHONE. The only contact info on this letter is a number that goes straight into a voicemail of some sort. Extremely disappointed with this service and I've been using Enterprise for years. I'm a very busy traveling professional and tracking down someone is the very last thing I want to do. Unless someone resolves this issue I will never be using them again and I will pass this experience along to others I come in contact with…

RESOLVED

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Aug 22, 2011

We are listening and regret that you've had this experience. I would like to look into this further for you. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement number, location (street/city/state) of the rental office, and any further details of the incident. When emailing, please use "Incident [protected]" as the subject so we can connect your email to your case file. (Rich)

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 17, 2012

We regret you had this experience and I'd like to look into this matter. Please email [email protected] with your full name, contact information, the renting location, and any other details.

When emailing please list reference #[protected] in the subject line.

-Amanda

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Feb 07, 2012

We're listening and happy to look into your situation. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your contact information, the renting locaiton, and any other details.

When emailing please list reference # [protected] in the subject line.

Amanda
    Enterprise- Rent-A-Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 17, 2012

Hi, We want to have a chance to address this! Please email us the at care[at]enterprise.com with your name, contact information, Rental agreement number, and citation number. We will be happy to look into this for you!

When emailing please list [protected] in the subject line

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 20, 2012

Amii, We want to have a chance to address this! Please email us the at care[at]enterprise.com with your name, contact information, Rental agreement number, and citation number. We will be happy to look into this for you!

When emailing please list [protected] in the subject line

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 21, 2012

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and the rental agreement number, along with any other details that will help us

When emailing, please list reference # [protected] in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you so we can help!

Suejan

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 27, 2012

MWRB, thank you for voicing your concerns. We have received your email and will be in touch shortly.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 10, 2012

AravindB, we would like to look into this further. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and the rental agreement number, along with any other details.

When emailing, please list reference #[protected] in the subject line.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 10, 2012

hrama, we would like to look into this further. Please email care[at]enterprise.com with your full name, the exact rental location and the rental agreement number, along with any other details.

When emailing, please list reference #[protected] in the subject line.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Dec 18, 2012

Ganesh,
    Thank you for your post. My name is Katherine and I am on the Social Media Team for Enterprise. I can definitely assist you in this matter. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the exact location of your previous rental, and any details you deem important. In the subject line of the email please type reference #[protected].
    Thank you for your time and I look forward to your email.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 16, 2013

Prasad210,
    If you still need assistance with your concern, we would like to have the opportunity to assist you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 22, 2013

Pratap,
    Thank you for your post. My name is Katherine and I am on the Enterprise Social Media Team. If you need assistance with your violation questions please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your contact information, exact branch location, rental agreement number, and all the details. Please type reference number [protected] in the subject line of your email.
    I look forward to receiving your email.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Mar 19, 2013

R_Smith
    We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]enterprise.com including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 25, 2013

T_ram,
    I'd like to speak with you further about your experience. Please email us at [email protected] with the full details, including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

Thanks,
    Social Media Team
    Enterprise Rent-a-Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 27, 2013

finewhine
    We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the chance to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement and any further information regarding your experience with us.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 29, 2013

asheehan,

Thank you for your post concerning your rental experience. My name is Katherine and I am a Social Monitoring Coordinator for Enterprise Rent A Car and would like to assist you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, rental agreement number, and exact branch location so we can follow up with you directly. Please also type reference number [protected] in the subject line of your email.

Best Regards,
    Social Monitoring Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Sep 11, 2013

gulbur,
    We’ve taken note of your comments and would like to have the chance to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    Regards,

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Sep 17, 2013

LT33, I would like to discuss this further. Please email me at [email protected] with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Reference #[protected] in the subject box of your email so I can more easily assist you. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Sep 18, 2013

Hello mbp, if you need assistance with a toll charge, please email us at [email protected] with your full name, contact information, rental location and citation number if possible. When emailing, please list reference number [protected] in the subject line.
    Megan
    Social Media Coordinator, Enterprise Rent a Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Oct 24, 2013

shachi2,
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at [email protected] with complete details, including the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this incident.

Social Media Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Oct 27, 2013

kasia1
    We would like to discuss this with you further. Please email us at [email protected] with your full name, contact information and citation number.
    When emailing, please list reference number [protected] in the subject line.

Megan
    Social Media Coordinator, Enterprise Rent a Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Nov 20, 2013

JohnnyU, I am glad we could get this resolved. The automated tolling systems that drive these violations force us to clear our plates immediately or they would build up quickly on a particular plate and a future renter could be stopped for non-payment of an accumulated batch of toll violations. We do try to be reasonable when the violation amounts are so low.

Chris M
    Social Media Monitor
    Enterprise Rentals

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Dec 03, 2013

lava0, Thank you for your post it appears this was already taken care of. The administration fee was waived and you are only responsible for the toll. The emal below went out yesterday (12/02/2013) at 12:31 PM CST. If you have additional questions please reach out to us at [email protected] Chris, Social Media Team Enterprise

original email from our citations dept:
    Dear Susannah,

Thank you for your email and the opportunity to assist you. I have reviewed the information and have waived the $18 Administration Fee. Please contact our Citation Department by phone to pay the remaining toll charge. You can reach them at: [protected]. Failure to contact the Citation Department within 15 business days of the issued letter will result in an automatic charge to your credit card for the toll. If you wish to dispute the remaining amount you will need to contact the issuing agency directly. If you have any further questions please contact me again.

Crystal

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Dec 12, 2013

bkonig,

Social Media Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 03, 2014

Michael we would like to look into this further. Please email [email protected] with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. -Tatiana

When emailing, please list reference # [protected]) the subject line.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 04, 2014

Gabriela Corza, we’ve taken note of your comments and would like the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send a detailed email to [email protected] including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us. When emailing, please list Reference Number [protected] in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Respectfully, Carol H.
    Social Media Specialist

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 17, 2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention S.O.S.4ME. We would like to look into this further. Please email [email protected] with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. -Tatiana

When emailing, please list reference # [protected]) the subject line.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 22, 2014

b_p,
    We’ve taken note of your comments and would like help out. Please email [email protected] including the rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number. Please list Reference Number [protected] in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
    Respectfully, Carol H.
    Social Media Specialist

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Feb 03, 2014

Alex 45
    Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at [email protected] with the complete details, exact renting location and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #[protected]. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you.

Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Mar 21, 2014

Mr Scientist, we take customer service seriously and want to assist you. Please email
    [email protected] with your contact information, reference #[protected] and all the details above so we
    can address your situation. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Apr 08, 2014

Thich, we'd be happy to look into your situation. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the exact renting location, and reference number [protected] so we can address your concerns. Thank you. - Rob

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Apr 14, 2014

Wayneinnh, our team would like to make the proper management aware of your concerns. Please email us at: [email protected] with your contact information, rental agreement number and any additional details you would like to share about your experience. Please attach reference #[protected] to your email.-Thank You. Christina

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 18, 2014

BH Shea, we would be happy to assist you. You can reach our Tolls & Citations department directly by calling [protected]. They are available from 7:00 AM until 6:00 PM every day. You may also email my team directly for assistance at [email protected] When emailing, please include your name, contact information, the rental location, reservation or rental agreement number, and any additional details. When emailing, please use reference number in the subject. Thank you. -Zach, Social Media Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Sep 24, 2014

C. Met., Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at [email protected] with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Also reference #[protected] in the subject. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Oct 30, 2014

Hi "Feeling Aggrieved." We're listening and would like to address this with you directly. Please email [email protected] with your contact information and the rental agreement number or claim numbers (the "DX" number if you have that) so we can research this properly. When emailing, please list reference #[protected]. Thank you. - John, Social Monitoring Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jan 11, 2015

Carolinetown, We're listening and would be happy to look into your experience further. Please email [email protected] with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement or reservation number. Also reference #[protected] in the subject. We look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Christopher, Social Monitoring Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Mar 25, 2015

mr.mahmood24, we've noted your comments and would like to address this with you directly. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the exact rental office location, rental agreement or reservation numbers and the full details, so we can research this properly. When emailing, please list reference # [protected] in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you soon. – Carol H. Social Monitoring Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · May 18, 2015

Melinda, I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at [email protected] with your contact information, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference [protected]. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 01, 2015

@Valued Enterprise Customer, we take customer service seriously and want to assist you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, exact location you rented from, reservation/rental agreement number and reference #[protected] so we can address your situation. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 02, 2015

Katie, the administrative fee is charged to offset costs incurred by Enterprise for any and all research and communications. If you would like to discuss this further please email us at [email protected] with your rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference [protected]. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jul 08, 2015

B28, I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at [email protected] with your contact information, the exact branch location, rental/reservation number and any other details. Please reference #[protected]. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Oct 19, 2015

Thanks for sharing your experience . If you would like for us to look into your experience further with your citation concern, please email us at [email protected] with your name as it appears on your rental, email address and phone number, reservation and/or rental agreement numbers, exact location you rented from, and any other details you would like to add. Please include reference number [protected] in your message. Thanks! -Collin

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Oct 27, 2015

We can look into this for you Harriet. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] with complete details such as: email address, reservation/rental agreement number and reference #[protected]. As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like to look further into this situation for you. Thanks for posting and we look forward to hearing from you soon. -Tatiana

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Mar 03, 2016

Jules7, Thank you for your feedback. I would like to help. Please email [email protected] with the exact rental location, your contact information, rental agreement/reservation number and any other details.
    Please include reference number [protected] in the subject line of your email. Thank you.
    Christina B.
    Social Monitoring Coordinator

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 15, 2016

CABrownMD, Our team would like to make the proper management aware of your concerns. Please email us at: [email protected] Please include your contact information, rental agreement number and any additional details you would like to share about your experience. Please attach reference #[protected] .-Thank You. -Christina

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Jun 15, 2016

CABrownMD,

We’ve noted your comments and would like to look into this for you. Please send a detailed email to [email protected] including the exact rental location information, your contact information, your claims, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    Please list Reference Number [protected] in the subject line of your email. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Enterprise Rent-A-Car's response · Aug 02, 2016

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]Enterprise.com with your contact information, rental agreement number, and any other details.

When emailing, please list reference # [protected] in the subject line.

Gillian T.
    Social Monitor Coordinator

Volkana,

• Updated by NationalCare · Aug 02, 2016

sje1, we'd be happy to look into this for you. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the renting location, and all the details so we can address your concern. Please attach reference #[protected] to your email. -Christina

Noel194,
    We’ve taken note of your concern and would like to have the opportunity to help out with this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] including the rental office information, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

• Da
    dagojarvizu Feb 09, 2019

I received an email from Enterprise stating "In accordance with the terms of your rental agreement, you are responsible for all citations and toll charges incurred during your rental period. Herewith, we are letting you know that we will be processing the payment for the citations or toll charges (plus applicable taxes, fees and or surcharges) to your credit card within seven days of this email." The citation was legit and did receive a $14 admin fee from Enterprise. The problem is Enterprise never paid the toll contradictory to what their email stated. The toll fee was $0.90. The fee is now in collections and is now $80.90. I've called and emailed Enterprise all my supporting documentation and all I received was "Sorry is this letter confused you..." The email clearly states they (Enterprise) would charge my credit card for the toll charge and fees which I was OK with. I am not OK that they did not do what they said they would do and now my credit may be affected. Also, why charge a $14 admin fee if nothing was processed? Isn't the $14 fee for processing and paying admin overheard?

• EnterpriseRent-A-Car Feb 28, 2019

@dagojarvizu dagojarvizu, we would like to address this with you directly. Please email [email protected] with your contact information, the reservation or rental agreement number, the exact rental office location and the full details so we can look into this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

• Gr
    Grace Buck Sep 20, 2018

I call BS. Every single toll has a sign that says “if you missed your toll call or visit 123XYZ. Plus merely google searching “pay my unpaid toll il” get you the direct link. I’ve lived here 15 years. I can go take a pic if you need.

Josh Hopkins Sep 11, 2018

I'm in the same boat as many.
    I went thru a .75c toll which was automated and recieved a $15.00 charge along with the toll. As a company owner I have used Enterprise quite a lot and if this issue isn't properly rectified I'm done and I will also be telling everyone I know to never do business with them.

• EnterpriseRent-A-Car Sep 19, 2018

@Josh Hopkins Josh Hopkins,
    We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards, Carol H.

• Eh
    Ehaubach Jul 26, 2018

I too am disappointed with Enterprise and hope they change their practices. I had received a parking violation (my own fault) and paid the ticket myself within the week of getting it. It is now about 1 month later and I received a letter stating I will be charge a $14.00 fee. I called the number on the letter and was told it was an administrative fee. How ridiculous. The fine was paid, we should not be charged extra for resolving the issue ourselves. On top of that, at the time of my rental, the Enterprise location I had rented from had failed to put the newest license plate registration sticker on the plate of the car I was driving. I was therefore driving around with expired plates. I only realized this when I received a separate ticket for this violation. I called the office and they stated they had the sticker there and asked if I could bring the car back so they could put it on the license plate. This was not a huge deal, but did take me out of my way for the day. It's frustrating that there error cost me my time and when I resolve my own error, it costs me an additional $14.00.

• EnterpriseRent-A-Car Aug 02, 2018

@Ehaubach Ehaubach, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I assure you it's never our intention to inconvenience a customer. Please take a moment to email [email protected] with your contact information, the exact rental office location, your rental agreement or reservation numbers and the details above so we can address this for you. Thank you. – Carol H.

• Em
    eme2 May 08, 2018

Hertz is easier to deal with than Enterprise for the insanity of EZ Pass mistakes, overages.
    My suggestion is do not rent from Enterprise if you have to use EZ Pass tolls. They will tell you "call the EZ pass company", and EZ pass will say "Call the rental car company". Meanwhile, you are helpless to $15 dollar fines and erroneous toll charges up to 8 months after you rent a car. If you paid cash, got the green light - tough luck.

When you rent with Hertz, they ask for your EZ pass statement and see that sometimes the meter does not work so they erase the insane fees. There is a real quagmire with rental cars and EZ Pass - it is anything but Easy.

I will never rent Enterprise again I spent over 20 hours on the phone and receive statements for items resolved again in 8 months.

• EnterpriseRent-A-Car May 30, 2018

@eme2 eme2,
    We’d like to speak with you further about this. Please send us a detailed email to [email protected] include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.
    We look forward to hearing from you.
    Regards,
    Social Monitoring

• Kd
    KDB1 Mar 27, 2018

I am in shock and the amount of people with complaints and problems concerning Enterprise and tolls. I hadperson a similar situation where there was no way to pay the toll. I was unfamiliar with the area and did not have my EZPass person and they said sorry, nothing they can do I had to pay the fee. VERY unhappy I paid it. And made note to always bring my transponder with me in rental cars. On my most recent trip I had the transponder on the dash but it must not have read it. I just got a letter from Enterprise for the $1.90 toll AND the $14 fee due. Now that $1.90 toll is c.osting me $15.90!!! I am a regular customer and appalled at this fee.

Chrismene Sep 28, 2016

I had a rental from enterprise from 6/10/16-7/30/16 because my car was in the body shop. On 9/26/16 I received a letter dated 9/21/16 stating that I had a moving violation for the amount of $200 and a $10 admin fee which would be automatically charged to my credit card. I called the number listed on the letter [protected] to inquire about this ticket and they directed me to visit www.public.cite-web.com to view the ticket. I viewed the ticket and it was for incident that happened on 7/14/2016. The fee of the ticket is shown as $100. After contacting a few people including DMV website and an enterprise "manager" as she referred to herself, I was charged a $100 late fee. How can I be charged a late fee for a ticket that I didn't know anything about. The ticket was never sent to me, it was sent to enterprise. Enterprise didn't give me any option to contest or pay the ticket on time. Instead, they claimed, they paid $200 on my behalf and now seeking reimbursement from me. Either MVA sent the notice late to enterprise or enterprise paid the ticket late and was charged a $100 late fee. Either way I didn't receive the notification until 9/26/2016 which I have proof of. I have tried many times to reach the "manager" I spoke with and so far I have not been successful. I don't partake in unethical behaviors and enterprise have lost my business for good. I have also advised all of my friends and followers on social media of this incident and they will not be using enterprise either. I am still waiting for this "manager" to return my call since the only way I have of contacting her is by calling [protected] and giving the agent her employee # E723K6 to send her an email to get in touch with me which never happens. Enterprise does not practice ethical behaviors in my opinion and I will pursue legal action on this matter!

• Do
    DONTRENTENTERPRISE Aug 02, 2016

I sold my truck and needed a car for a day. Had no problem with the rental fee of 46.00 a day I accepted there insurance when the gentleman Jason was going through the walk around and said it was 5.00 a day I thought no big deal he said you wreck it all you need to do is bring back the keys and then he went on to the next sales pitch Pre Paid gas mentioned its only 2.99 a gallon if you take that option so I took it. Returned it today with bill for 117.89 and I completely understand taxes etc. How ever the bill shows 3.99 a gallon for pre-paid and the insurance was 13.95 if you want honest business don't go here they are rude and very misleading its a waste of money and time there are many other places to rent with better services.

• Py
    pyadav Aug 02, 2016

I am really disappointed with the customer service at enterprise. I had rented a car a month ago and on returning, there were a few scratches on the bumper in the front. A friend of mine had a similar incident with another rental company (AVIS) and they were so nice that even though he had not taken any collision damage insurance, they did not charge him a single penny extra!! I understand not everyone can be as nice. But I was charged 495 bucks that I had to pay out of my pocket because of the failure on the part of enterprise rentals to forward certain documents to my insurance company! its been a month and despite my phone calls and personal visits to the rental branch, no action has been taken yet. I was ready to get the documents personally from the rental branch and post them but I was told the DRU will deal with it and that they cannot provide me the documents. I am an international student and 500 bucks is a very huge amount for me and this pending issue has been causing me a lot of stress. I fail to understand what can take so long to forward the documents that are already prepared?

noel194 Aug 02, 2016

Rented from Enterprise receive a letter telling me I owed a .65 cent toll but charged my credit card $18.00. They paid the toll before I got the letter so when I tried to appeal the toll citation it had already been paid and closed. Call Enterprise Customer Service who sent me to the tolls department who left me on hold 10 minutes to tell me I needed to speak to the citation department (but he said they never answer so here is there number to call them back) and he was right the message says call back later, no option for voice mail been calling for days no answer. I guess this is a scam. Send a toll fee of $18.00 for an alleged .65cent toll and never answer the phone or allow an appeal.

• Vo
    Volkana Aug 02, 2016

I have reserved a car as of below. When I came to the enterprise counter at the tampa airport the employee refused to rent a car claiming that my driver licence (Turkish origin) is not valid in Florida. Despite my claims that ı have already rented a car the week before, he consistently claimed the invalidity of my driver licence. Sinve I was in Tampa for a congress attendance, I did not want to discuss anymore I left the enterprise and asked for a rental car at the next desk; Thrifty. They accepted my driver licence as usual and rented me a car.

Then on my arrival to my hotel, I learned that the enterpise company is notorious about such actions because of the possibility to rent the car to a higher rate in high demand periods; such as a congress. In other words the employee or employees in the enterprise rejected my reservation so that they can sell it to a higher price.

This behavior is offcourse not ethical and embrassing for a well known car rental company. I claim this incident as a notice for your information.

• Sj
    sje1 Aug 02, 2016

Like a lot of others i did not have the change to pay a unattended toll in Chicago but payed it on line a couple days later. The toll was around .80 not the .30 enterprise claimed to pay. Regardless the toll was payed by me and i have the receipt. I called the number enterprise provided and again like a lot of others no response from enterprise.

• Da
    David Keithley Aug 02, 2016

'Matt' at greencastle enterprise office changed amount of quote when I arrived to pay after he gave me phone quote, did not have cargo van I reserved, gave me mini van instead causing me to leave bedroom and living room furniture because mini van space was not sufficient, only1/8 of a tank at pick up, not cleaned, no windshield wiper fluid making trip hazardous in inclement weather, picked up at 4:30 p on feb 14, drop off office in Virginia closed at noon on sat so not even 24 hrs given, he said three days allowed for original quote.
    After vehicle turned in he put additional charges on credit card without card holders permission charged $650!! Web site special says 9.99 for weekend rentals, Matt lied to us then committed a crime by overcharging our credit card he also didn't give employee partnership discount from my employer! Horrible service...lawsuit worthy!

• Ju
    JustJKA Aug 02, 2016

Needed to rent a car so gave them a call since they were the closed car rental location. When I spoke with a male rep (Jason?) on the phone he assured me that they had plenty of compact/small cars available and to "just come on in". Upon my arrival the female rep said that she was sorry but all of the inexpensive cars($30/day) had been rented but fortunately had another car she could rent to me. Yeah at $90/day. I was desperate for a vehicle so I had to pay. When my husband started a new job they had him visit this same location to pick up a rental to use for work. Shocker...same thing happened. All of the inexpensive cars had been rented but they had a $100/day car that "had just been returned" that they could rent him. I see a pattern here!! BE CAREFUL!

noh326 Aug 02, 2016

On 5/16/2014 we rented a minivan with Enterprise at the Honolulu airport (3255 AOLELE ST) location for our wedding weekend. An Enterprise staff member told us not to worry about damages that are smaller than a golf ball, so we didn’t, checked out and went on our way.

Three days later when we returned the vehicle, the person that examined the car asked us if we had noticed two small damages (smaller than a golf ball) to the rear and side of the car. One damage they pointed out was a small dent you could barely even notice without standing to the side of the car and looking for it really hard. We had never noticed nor caused these damages and throughout our rental period were not involved in any incident or collision. They took note of the damages found and we were taken inside to speak with another rep. The rep performed a background check on the car and indicated that no prior damage was reported on the car, therefore making us responsible. The fact that we were responsible for unknown damage to the car that were smaller than a golf ball contradicted what the Enterprise staff member who pulled up our car told us. We understand the policy of being responsible for any damages during your rental period of the car. Having said that, we question that the car was inflicted with these damages while being rented by us. It is truly unfair to make your customer pay for damages that were not caused by them. Feeling helpless and baffled, we left Hawaii back to Austin and waited to hear back from Enterprise.

A few weeks later, we received a claim report from the Recovery Unit that assessed the vehicle, which included pictures of the damages as well as ADDITIONAL damages (scratches on the door smaller in size than a golf ball as well), never before seen by us nor mentioned by the person processing our return. The day we returned the car, we took pictures of the minivan and the damages found and have kept them. We should not be responsible for these damages - especially the ones that were not found at return. Now we’re stuck with a bill for $1500. It’s alarming.

We did research, and found that this is not a first time occurrence of something like this happening at THIS particular location at the Honolulu airport and Enterprise in general. It makes us question - is Enterprise just taking advantage of customers on their vacations, weddings, honeymoons, etc.?
    See the following reviews for just a few examples of shady practices, both from this particular location and other locations:
    Enterprise Rent-A-Car — dent scam

During our two week stay in Hawaii we also rented cars from Dollar and Budget and both transactions were truly hassle-free and without incident. In fact, this is our first time renting from Enterprise ever and also happens to be the first negative experience we’ve both faced in our long history of renting cars. We both do a lot of travel for work, and will make certain we never have to rent from Enterprise again, even if it’s a company preferred vendor.

Renter beware; Avoid Enterprise like the plague and go with ANY other car rental company, or you’ll be sorry.

• Er
    erinbritt Aug 02, 2016

Susan anderson is name on account, claims numbers and other info included below.
    PART 1
    The car my grandmother originally rented from Enterprise was a Chrysler on 10/31/2013 and the car was stolen on 11/4/2013 in which the theft was reported in the same day. Enterprise was informed the next day 11/5/2013 and to which another rental was to be provided. We were then was given the Dodge-  It was not given the usual walk through for existing damages, and we not given any paperwork. The second day of having the car it had a flat on the rear driver side and therefore the spare tire was put on. The following day after there was a flat, the Dodge had a blowout  on the highway after dark and since we no longer had any spare the car had to be left until the following day when roadside assistance was called from the number that was on the back of the original receipt from the first rental. I was then directed to go and meet the tow truck driver. Since the Enterprise location that we had gotten our services provided by was closing at noon the nearest Enterprise would be at DFW airport and RSA was arranging to have another car for me at this location. So my granddaughter and I rode with the tow truck driver as close as possible to the location as we could and eventually found the Enterprise rental office. When arriving at the office and approaching the front desk to pick up the new rental that RSA had told us that would be waiting for us to pick up, the young gentleman at the front told us " sorry but you already have 2 rentals out in your name, we can not give you another one." You can imagine how confused my granddaughter and I were at this point. We told him that it was impossible when RSA sent the tow truck driver to us and we were instructed to ride back with him to DFW  location so we could pick up the replacement for the Dodge. The gentlemen continued to argue with us about the vehicle that we apparently still had out but the Dodge had been brought in with us. He then stated that a camery or corolla was sent out to us which we never received. Therefore, when we began asking fro a manager or supervisor and that when we spoke to Laura. She was very rude and short with us and continued to argue that the Dodge was not there and that they were delivering a car to us. When we tried to explain what RSA had told us and that were just following what we were told to do they said that was not their problem that we needed to call RSA and that there was payphones to the right. We then go back to talk to RSA, RSA told us that everything was done on their part that we need to speak with Laura again. By this point we were there for and hour, and when we approached Laura once again she informed us that both the Dodge and the other car were lost and could not be located. Now let me remind you she said she had it on camera both cars leaving and coming in. My questions is how do you send a replacement delivery without any delivery address? After waiting for 2 hours they begin telling us that we need to get a taxi, and how they expected to pay for it was beyond me and they basically told us that we were SOL and that it was not their fault, which all in all it was. When my grandmother became aggravated and raised her voice telling them that  it was their fault for losing the cars and not helping us get another they threatened her with the authorities, which was uncalled for threatening and elderly woman. After being there for 4 hours and us telling them we had no way home and they either fixed it tonight or we were going to be camping there one of the other employees gave us a ride home. We never heard back on if or when they found the cars, the only time we heard anything was when a regional man called to ask our side of the situation and what had happened. Then a few weeks later we received claims in the mail 12/4/13 about damages that were made to the cars. Claims number [protected] totaling of 1430.18 for a loss on 11/05/13 on the Chrysler. Then a couple days later we received a letter on the Dodge claim [protected] totaling 2478.05. We received photos of the damages, but when the tow truck brought it in it only had two flats the photos on the other hand showed way more than when we handed the vehicle over which can be review in the claim. These claims are absurd and something needs to be done cooperation can not treat people this way and from the reviews I have seen your company has no problem with this my grandmother has been using you for years and hopefully this can be resolved. Thank you for your time.

• Er
    erinbritt Aug 02, 2016

• Ca
    CABrownMD Jun 15, 2016

I recently returned a rental vehicle to Enterprise Rental and when I got there they told me the car had a dent, and took me out to show me an area inside the front of the rear wheel well cover that had an indented area that looked like something smooth had punched it in. My husband drove the car to and from work for a week, parking in his spot, and other than that it was parked in our driveway.
    The damage they showed me could not have been consistent with being parked in a parking lot or a driveway, and my husband didn't hit anything with it. The damage had no sharp edges, and no paint either chipped or transferred. I told them it couldn't have happened while we had it.
    When I picked up the rental I did not look at that area of the car, but just checked briefly for any obvious dings, and took no photos (my bad).
    I think they are scamming customers.
    The person behind me in line returning their vehicle was having the same issue. They were being told of damage that happened that they knew nothing about...
    We have never had a problem with a rental car agency before, but were usually in smaller cities than Houston, TX, where we rented this one. We are extremely disappointed with Enterprise, as we have been good customers in the past.

• Al
    Allroad M3 Jun 02, 2016

I was screwed by Enterprise before on toll fees so I decided to get the Toll pass...That turned out to be a scam too!..It showed as an "invalid tag" while going through the tolls in Chicago. The a-hole that works the counter said I still have to pay for the $6.99 a day and call the psychos at the toll number...F'ck Enterprise!...I'm done with it!..Typical Corporate gangsters stealing money from everyone they can..I won't be renting from them ever again! They haven't heard the last of me either...I plan on making life hell for everyone that works for these crooks!

• Wh
    whatabunchofnonsense Mar 12, 2016

SCAM
    They charged me once for a missed toll and on top of that were going to charge a fee because they "helped me" to pay the toll.
    I told them I have EZ Pass and didn't need their help.

They waived the fee after I complained and I told them I would never use them again.

I just saw on my credit card statement that they charged me a second time and the rental car was returned weeks ago.

Either they are outright stupid or trying to pull something.

• Wh
    whatabunchofnonsense Feb 25, 2016

What a scam! they don't even give you a chance to pay the $5.00 fee or find out if you have ezpass before they go and pay the toll "to help you" what a load of nonsense! They are helping themselves by immediately paying the $5.00 and asking money for it. Bad enough if you were in an accident, car totaled and have to deal with that then Enterprise wants more money from you? YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

• Ju
    Jules7 Feb 08, 2016

I know that this is US based board however looks like this issue is international and that you have 'got off lightly' with a US$13 fee. I hired a car online via the UK website and when I rang to say I would be an hour late in collecting it they told me I had no booking. The uk based website had changed the time to the following date. I had a print out of the actual date and time of booking so was able to point that out and get a car but hate to think what would have happened if there were no cars left. Using the car in London we were unaware that there is a toll for using the dartford - thurrock crossing 2.50 GBP. As we missed this the department of transport UK sent a fine to Enterprise UK who didn't bother to pass on the fine until over a week after the fine was due meaning that we then an additional fine of 70GBP. Enterprise had the cheek to charge an admin fee of 35GBP for this 'service' as it's on the contract that they can charge a admin fee, I rang to ger some answers and I was appalled at the lack of service I received. There was zero understanding, care or consideration for the customer. Never use Enterprise rent a car. We actually had opened an account with them for some business work I was doing in Australia but closing that and will go with Avis or Hertz

• Me
    Mellisa Anderson Dec 29, 2015

I rented a vehicle in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I paid my bill in full before departing my flight. in about a week I received another bill in the mail.
    It seems that enterprise has a way of not settling the bill with customers. Once you drop the car off the account should be settled on the spot unless
    you have had an accident or put a dent in the car. I am not happy with enterprise and will not rent from them again.

• Ha
    Harriet Weiss Oct 22, 2015

On October 11-13 I rented a car from Schuller Park, Illinois and returned it on the 13th to 1715 W Ogden Road in Naperville, Illinois. i think a few tolls were not picked up by my EZpass from Pennsylvania. the maximum I would owe is $1.50 times 5 trips. The car had license V873529 and my contract was [protected].

Is there anyway to check my EZpass or pay the entire trip time 5 to avoid a violation. i have been trying to get in contact with someone from enterprise for over a week. i was told to call [protected]. Can i just pay 7.50 and be done and avoid the violation.

Harriet Weiss cell [protected]

• Ib
    Ibitiza Oct 19, 2015

I rented a car from Enterprise back in July, 2015 and received a letter in early September regarding a toll charge and a $14 administration fee. I called Enterprise Citations and they told me they would refund $13 of the fee. After two weeks of not receiving the refund, I called the company, and was told that I should receive a refund check even though I the citation was charged to my credit card. Another two weeks goes by: no refund. I again called the Citations number and they informed me that the person I spoke to initially did not process my claim and I would have to wait another 30 days for my refund. In the meantime, I called again and spoke to another manager who told me she would see if she could have my claim facilitated. I received an email from another manager who apologized for the misinformation but did not make any mention of when I would receive the refund. I called again after not receiving any information and was told the refund was processed on October 12 and I should see the refund in 3-5 days. After 5 days, I called again and was told the refund should be processed any day now. I asked to speak to a manager who informed me that the 3-5 day time frame was incorrect and that it could take up to 21 days to receive the refund. I am COMPLETELY FRUSTRATED by the lack of knowledge and misinformation I have received from Enterprise personnel. There is no reason why a $13 refund should take 3 months to receive and I still do not have it. I will never do business with this company again and will be sure to tell anyone who wants to rent a car to steer clear of Enterprise - use HERTZ!!!

• B2
    B28 Jul 07, 2015

This is my first time to ever be so frustrated with a company as to write a complaint. I rented a vehicle in Baltimore, Maryland to attend a funeral in Washington DC. After the funeral we went to get something to eat. I read the signs, paid the meter, and returned to find that I had received a parking ticket for parking in a place that became a drivable lane in the late afternoon. I looked for the lane postings and never found them so I chose to appeal the ticket. I sent the proper documentation to the city. If the city denies my request, I would pay my ticket, however I received a letter in the mail TODAY telling me that Enterprise was paying the ticket and that I would be assessed those charges plus a fee within seven days on my credit card. I called Enterprise to explain that I was appealing the ticket. I was told to call Washington DC to find out the status of the appeal. The very nice lady at the BMV told me that a post card had been sent to Enterprise on this day to explain that my appeal was in process and not to pay the fine until the appeal was completed. Here's where the frustration starts. I was told by the Citations representative that that my account was due to be charged the following day. I explained that the post card had been sent to Enterprise from DC to state my appeal had been received. I was told that the ticket payment would still be charged to my account tomorrow because the post card had yet to be received. The ticket isn't officially due for another week. I asked them to hold off on the payment until the end of the week when the post card should clear. He refused. I asked to speak to his superior. I was told he was the head of the department. I asked him for the next level in command. He told me he was as high on the chain as I could go and that it wasn't Enterprise's fault that I waited until the last minute. I pointed out that a holiday was part of the issue. He would not listen, was unhelpful, border lined being rude. I asked for his name. I was given an employee id number. The refusal to wait for adjudication will end up costing me $100. I don't mind paying the money if I lose my appeal. I do mind that Enterprise is unwilling to wait for the outcome. If this truly is an Enterprise policy then this is a policy that needs to be changed. It will end up costing Enterprise business.

• Ka
    Katie Shine Jul 01, 2015

I've rented from Enterprise also I've paid tolls and also got a letter from Enterprise not once but twice about I owe them $15.00. Enterprise should be a shame of themselves they just being greedy. If the toll place get in touch with Enterprise then why can't they contact the person that rented the car before they claim they paid it. If your toll only $.80 then why are they charging everyone $15.00. It's a SCAM!!!

CHICAGO, IL

• Lu
    Lucieblue Jul 01, 2015

Recently received a letter about my rental car not paying tolls on the NY state thruway. Apparently I was charged the length of the thruway. BUT I entered at exit 18 in New Paltz (exited a few later)not even the start of it and PAID all my tolls. Called the citations department very frustrated. The rep could not even explain the toll charges. Didn't have an explanation or breakdown of the charges. She wanted to refer me to the tolls dept. really? If you are the citations dept and dealing a lot with tolls it apparently being paid wouldn't you have this info to provide callers. Besides this is truly unbelievable. EZpass is notorious for errors and so is this enterprise citation letter that I did not pay tolls! Shame on you. What would have been an easier solution is to notify the client of the suspect toll evasion and let them sort it out within a reasonable time frame rather than be devious about it. So frustrated. I used to love enterprise. Not so much love anymore!

• Va
    Valued Enterprise Customer Jun 07, 2015

I rented from Enterprise in Westwood, CA in March 2015. In April I received a notice for a toll evasion in the mail. The problem was, the toll evasion took place several hours after I returned the car. I took these documents back to the branch, and was told they would take care of it. Two weeks later I still had not received anything from Enterprise acknowledging this situation. So I returned to the branch again, and they looked up the paperwork, and this time I was told by the branch manager that he would contact the Citations Department, and CC me on the email to confirm resolution of this matter. After another two weeks, still no email, no phone call, nothing. So I called the same branch again with the same complaint, and this time a "new" branch manager said he would take care of it, as the previous branch manager had been "let go", and he too said he would send me a confirmation email. Well now we are in June 2015, and I STILL have not received any notice of this issue being resolved by Enterprise, and I have no idea what the legal repercussions for me may be, since I certainly will not pay a fine for a violation I did not commit. It was Enterprise who submitted my name to the toll collection agency, and it is their obligation to correct this error and to send me notification/documentation that they have sufficiently resolved it.

• Me
    Melinda Fillol May 18, 2015

My claim number was [protected] and I had insurance by a third party. I was asked by Enterprise to give them $500 for deductible that would be returned after bill was paid. I have yet to get reimbursed. Why?

• Lu
    lufaha Apr 27, 2015

I'm in a similar situation: I specifically talked to the Enterprise representative who told me that toll routes should be paid manually in order to prevent the convenient charge. I had a 3.85$ charge in Virginia that I tried to pay myself, but the toll route had already charged Enterprise, even though I was specifically told that there was no toll device built into the car. I tried to call Enterprise about the charge, but they didn't know anything about the charge. Shortly after I got a letter for a charge of 4.66$ which sounded fair, but it said I need to pay by check. At first I thought it was a fraud and enterprise had accidentally shared my data with somebody else pretending to charge in the name of enterprise. However, after 10 different phone calls and explanations of representatives of varying competence (some were really nice), they figured out how to charge my credit card in the local office (even though my card was still not charged). Anyway, today I get another letter asking for the orginal 3.85$ charge plus a 13$ convenience fee. If Enterprise's administration is really so inefficient that it produces costs of 13$ to forward a 3.85$ charge, it probably wouldn't stay in business. Thus, we can agree that the main portion just goes into the their profit margin. Anyway, I'm willing to accept that for now (despite the fact that I feel exploited and not valued as customer), but that Enterprise representative tell me 10 different things on the phone and require my action to resolve the different issues is really horrible service. Still, nobody was able to actually explain to me what the 4.66$ charge was for and how Enterprise can just send me a letter. Also, it is unacceptable to be told before the rental that it will just be my responsibility to pay off any tolls in order to prevent the convenience fee (for which I even wasn't told that it would be 13$) and then being "surprised" that there is nothing Enterprise can do when I'm unable to pay it online (I even have proof that I tried to pay off the road toll fee within three days after I used the toll road). In conclusion, I just feel exploited.

• Mr
    mr.mahmood24 Mar 24, 2015

i am in the same situation as well. I paid the tolls but still i get a letter. could anybody please help me?

• Is
    issaca0129 Jan 17, 2015

I've had the same issue come up with our rental as well. We rented a truck in November 2014, and we recieved a notice 2 months later saying that we missed a toll while we had the rental and that we now owe $10.00. We have reciepts stating that we paid for the toll at that plaza. The best part is, the letter states that the card will be charged 10 after the date of the notice, but we didn't recieve the notice until 5 days after that date, which then leaves us 5 days to magically find a way to convince violations department to give us a call back. I know from past experience that the violations department doesn't answer voicemails. Unprofessional business practices like this make me regret ever renting from Enterprise Rent a Car, and enough to stop me and friends from renting from them again.

• Ca
    Carolinetown Dec 17, 2014

I also rented a car from enterprise and was pleased until 2 months later I noticed a $13 charge. I never received a letter of notification about anything and was shocked by the charge. In my driving experience, tolls are well marked and I passed no such markings in my cross country journey. I called to obtain proof and was presented with a receipt of the charge already billed to my card. An apparent $.75 toll met with a $13 administration fee. A bit high. I am no longer pleased and will no longer be a customer or recommend the company to potential customers.

• Alamo Rent A Car Nov 26, 2014

eAbhinav, customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at [email protected] with the complete details, exact renting location, contact information and any rental agreement numbers. Also reference #[protected] in the subject. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Monitoring Coordinator, Enterprise Rent-A-Car

• Ea
    eAbhinav Nov 21, 2014

Hi,

I received a letter from Enterprise Rent-A-Car- Violations asking to pay for a missed toll on 8/15/2014 @7:13 PM.

I used my Ipass in that car and I have a record that for that date and time in that toll Location, I have paid the toll. I tried calling the department who sent me this letter several times but I with no response.

I have been a good customer to Enterprise and I am assuming that this is some kind of clerical error but I am in no way paying for something I have not done. That too with added $10 Fee.

Please contact me at [protected] or in the emails in CC regarding the next steps. I have tried my best to reach Enterprise department but I am not getting any response from your team.

I hope this issue can be resolved. Here are the details in the letter I got.

Invoice number : E24556931
    Date/Time Of Occurrence : 8/15/2014 @ 7:13 PM
    Location : IL TOLL – 36
    Plate Number : VA39614
    Amount Due: $11.50

Marvinle Nov 12, 2014

Hi, last month I hired a car from Enterprise and went to Wisconsin. I paid almost all of the tolls but since this was my first trip so I missed 2 tolls of $0.60 amount. Recently I received a letter from enterprise about charging me $10.60 and $.60 for paying the bills.
    I am not sure why enterprise directly paid the toll without informing me about my pending toll payments. They would have informed me about this and I would have directly paid to Illinois toll office. Like everyone else i call the violation deptment and just got their voice mail.

Marvin

• Ka
    Kashif Khundmiri Oct 28, 2014

Same issue. I paid the toll and later receive a letter from enterprise for unpaid toll. I paid the unpaid toll to Illinois Tollway within the 7 day grace period. When I called the number on the paper I reach voicemail just like everybody else. I have been renting with Enterprise for the 4 months in a row (rental days). Please somebody address this issue. Enterprise seems to be in a habit of sending letters and not have appropriate customer support. I now regret renting with Enterprise because of this highly unprofessional attitude.

• Di
    DianJ Oct 15, 2014

What is Enterprise's problem? I missed a toll on Aug 8th, 2014 and paid it back on 13th, now Oct, 15th, I get a letter from Enterprise saying that i did not pay the toll and they paid for it! They wanna charge me over 10 bucks for this! I called Illinois toll to make sure I did pay the toll by offering the Authcode on the toll paid confirmation email. So when I tried to call Enterprise, of course VOICEMAIL! Maybe I will never get through. So this is how you do business?!

• Di
    DianJ Oct 15, 2014

What's the problem of Enterprise? I missed a toll on Aug.8th and paid it back on 13th, now it is Oct 15th, I get a letter from Enterprise states that I have not paid the toll and they paid for it, and charges me over 10 dollars for this! Alright I called the number they left on the paper, and of course voice mail. That is how you do business?