Enigma Software Group Logo

Enigma Software Group

Having problems with Enigma Software Group?

2803 Gulf to Bay Blvd Ste 446

Lithuania
K. Donelaicio g. 62-304, Kaunas, LT-44248, Lithuania

Complaints & Reviews

payment taken

hi i have had a payment taken for £31.94 from my account, I do not have this spyware on my computor how do i get a refund

• Hello,

I am the Vice President of Customer Service, Technical Support and Research at Enigma Software Group. I read the post above and I would like to let you know that we have an email specifically for complaints. You or anyone can submit a complaint and I can assure you that we will find a suitable solution for any problem that is related to SpyHunter or to our service.

If you have any questions or complaints, please send us an email to [email protected] I personally read all emails from that account.

We would like to clarify our renewal policy to customer.

On our EULA (http://www.enigmasoftware.com/eula/):
    4. RENEWALS.

When you purchase SpyHunter, your account will be configured for six month semi-annual automatic billing. If you choose to cancel the automatic billing option, you can accomplish this by either: (a) opening a ticket with technical support (on the following URL: http://www.enigmasoftware.com/support/) and request to opt-out of the automatic billing option, (b) contact our payment processor Reg.net at 1-800-999-2734 (for international callers 1-719-576-0123), (c) or email Reg.net at [email protected] If you cancel automatic billing, we will not bill you for continued service when your account expires. If you desire continued service, it will be your responsibility to renew your account. If you remain on automatic billing, your account will automatically renew at the end of your subscription and your credit card will be billed accordingly.

On the purchase page, right above the Proceed button (https://www.enigmasoftware.com/purchase_spyhunter.php):

SpyHunter is a 6 month subscription spyware detection/removal service. By making this purchase, customers agree, for their convenience, to be auto renewed every 6 months in order to receive ongoing spyware protection, definition & program updates, custom fixes to their specific spyware problems, and advanced technical support from our Spyware-Helpdesk. You will receive an e-mail notification to opt-out, if you do not wish to be auto renewed.

Enigma clearly informs customers about the purchase terms and we do provide information to cancel the subscription by email, ticket or by phone.

Our credit card processor Reg.net also sends a friendly reminder to customers 7 days before the renewal takes place, with links and instructions for cancelation.

I would appreciate if you would be kind enough to write a feedback stating that your case has been resolved, after contacting us.

At Enigma Software Group, we work hard to maintain the best level of service and make sure that every customer becomes a satisfied customer.

• Pa
    pauline clark Nov 21, 2011

Hi well this did not happen . mine was taken on30/10/2011 the sum of £31 .94 . for which i have not used spyhunter since may 2010 cheers pauline clark,

• Ei
    Eileen Gray Jun 05, 2014

I have also had an unauthorised transaction on my card and it is impossible to cancel subscription I did not know I bought into. Has anyone managed to do this? would like to know how

• La
    Larry Fritz Jan 02, 2016

Spyhunter and auto renewal is NOT FOR OUR CONVENIENCE AS STATED! It's about grabbing our money PERIOD and it's certainly NOT Convenient to have to make several calls to get our money BACK. They are Way over priced and there are better and less expensive other choices.

Resolved unautorized witdrawal from creditcard

I downloaded spyhunter 4 at a price at eur 29.99 but the company witdraw 74.93 euro instead. Did not receive any confirmation what so ever and when i try to login i can't. No email response when contacting.

• Hello,

I would also appreciate if you would be kind enough to write a feedback stating that your case has been resolved, after contacting us.

Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.

Resolved crashed my computer and will not refund

I had problems with a new computer and a virus Microsoft Security 7. I purchased the Spyware program that promoted eliminating and removing this and any other problems with my computer. I fell for it and purchased this program which instead of fixing the problem, it crashed my new computer. I have on many attempts to receive a refund and they refuse this. DRI*ENIGMA SOFTWARE
WWW.ESLR8.COM MN If you see this appear on your credit card, stand by, they don’t care you are expected to pay corporate scam artist

Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.

why charge my credit card

My name is windsor, on 12, January 2011, DRI Spyhunter([protected]) charge my credit card for AUD: 30.47. Ref No: [protected]. I don't know that is what for. Please contact me, my e-mail address: [protected]@hotmail.com

• Hello Windsorz,

I am the Vice President of Technical Support and Research at Enigma Software Group. I read the post above and I would like to let you know that we have an email specifically for complaints. You or anyone can submit a complaint and I can assure you that we will find a suitable solution for any problem that is related to SpyHunter or to our service.

• Ho
    Holger Grimminger Jun 03, 2014

my mastercard has been debited 2 times with € 35, 69 on 2nd may 14, ref. LUX 952 646 5288
    I never have accepted the billing of my mastercard. Please refund both amounts to my account.
    Holger Grimminger [email protected]

• Ho
    Holger Grimminger Jun 03, 2014

my mastercard has been debited 2 times qith € 35, 69 on 2nd may 14, ref. LUX 952 646 5288
    I never have accepted the billing of my mastercard. Please refund both amount to my account
    Holger Grimminger, [email protected]

do not buy from enigmasoftware

I have purchased SpyHunter software online one year ago. Subsequently I removed it from the computer because it did not do me any good. As many other Spyware mallware programs I have tried it runs not needed checks and declares many infections and then "cleans" them. My computer continues to be sluggish and I have a lots of problems. The bottom line the SpyHunter was totally useless. I did not even try to get money back from enigmasoftware.com

About a month ago the credit card I have used to purchase the SpyHunter was charged for the renewal of software I have never installed on my computer by a company named www.iomatic.com for reneval of a software named Registry Medic. I looked the statements of all my credit cards for the Summer of 2009 and found out that the only software I have purchased online was from www.enigmasoftware.com. This made the connection. Plus enigmasoftware.com has in its line of products software named Registry Medic. I could not find if these two companies are business related but I am sure www.enigmasoftware.com have provided my credit card information to iomatic.com.

• Fr
    Fred Jul 02, 2008

I have not found the spyhunter program to be particularly useful. At one point I was prompted to pay and had already paid but thought that it had not been recorded. It took a very long time to turn this around. I cannot use this program. It is always prompting me to register and to pay again. I finally sent them an email asking to be removed from their registry and to allow me to remove the program from my computer. If you hit the please remove button it justs reinstalls the same program. Emailing them just stimulates more requests for re-registering and more requests for payments. I sure want this program out of my life. Would I ever buy anything from Enigma again. Nope. Never.

• Jw
    jwtinn Mar 18, 2011

I have this charge against my credit card and want it stopped, DRI*SPYHUNTER 952-646-5288 MN
    . I tried their email address [email protected], the website does not exists.

Transaction Reference Number MT110500104000010120116

• Hello,

The company web site is www.enigmasoftware.com

• Mi
    Mike Rufus Jun 30, 2014

Hi folks,
    I received 2 identical e-mails from your company on 11/6/14 with the option of renewing my subscription for 6 months. I cancelled the
    renewal on both, but found on checking my bank account; that 2 payments of £30 sterling had been made to your company.
    Could you please reimburse my account to remedy this error.

Thanks,
    Mike Robinson.

Resolved unauthorised charge to my credit card

I have just discovered an unauthorized charge to my bank account. I cannot even remember visiting such a...

Resolved unauthorized charge to my credit card

You charged $29.99 to my credit card account yesterday on 03/23/10 at 04:40 am wit a description: card transaction : dri*spyhunter, [protected], mn from card#: [protected]
I do not want to renew this software and I want the charge removed from by credit card!.
I wish to drop any membership I have with spyhunder and dri.

I wish this to be done immediately.

• Pe
    Peter Berney Feb 28, 2009

I discover today, upon receipt of muy credit card statement of account having been debited on February 29, 2009, USD 29, 99 by DRI SpyHunter. I have not ordered not concluded any deal with this company

• Da
    Dave Apr 30, 2009

I was billed $29.99 on my credit card for DRI SPYHUNTER that I did not order because I never use the account it was billed to. I have no idea what this is and I cannot find any company online called DRI SPYHUNTER.

• Hello Sbastas and Others,

I am the Vice President of Technical Support and Research at Enigma Software Group. I read the complaint above and in behalf of Enigma, I would like to apologize for the fact that you were not able to contact us and I would like to help you.

If you go to our website www.enigmasoftware.com and log onto our support center, you would be able to contact us directly.

However, if you still have a problem, please send an email to [email protected] with a detailed description of your problem or complaint. I personally read all emails that come to that account and I will find a suitable solution for your problem.

Enigma Software Group USA, LLC.

unauthorized charge on my credit card

BEWARE - An unauthorized charge appeared on my Capital One Mastercard account for $29.99. When I called I wa...

Resolved spyhunter

Hello India Vilarreal, I am the Vice President of Technical Support and Research at Enigma Software Group...

Resolved unauthorised charges from my bank account

I have check my bank statement and I noticed that I have been charged £59.17 on 20th April 2009 with...

Resolved no way to contact firm

Don't purchase the spyhunter software. It crashed my laptop and put it into a virtual loop. There is no...

Resolved charged for service I didn't order

DRI Spyhunter is a scam. I purchased the software for 29.99, and it did nothing. I was amazed there were no reviews on the internet making clear the product was worthless. Six months later I got an email saying "thank you for your purchase" and a second charge of 29.99 automatically taken from my account. I never authorized recurring billing. I called [protected] and was told the charge would be reversed immediately. This is a fraud most likely set up to dupe people out of money who don't check their bank statements thoroughly.

not allowed to bill me.

i got a charge on my card from DRI spy hunter for $29.99 on 10/03/08...
i have been through this before, and this WILL Be rectified and WILL receive my money back.

i have already submitted a complain to the better business bureau, so if idon't hear something NOW and get my money back, i will be involving a lawyer and nobody else will have to deal with you scam artists.
i will give you my information, and you WILL be fixing this.

i dont' know who you people think you are, but the BBB does and i refuse to let you take advantage of anyone.

• Ev
    Eva Oct 07, 2008

I am having the same problem. I was looking for a spyware for my husband's computer and found them. I haven't gotten the software and the laptop crash. They took 29.99 on my credit card. Then just a month ago, they took another 29.99. My credit card went over the limit because I was not expecting this charge plus the overlimit fee. I tried to challenge the charge on my credit card but this company said it is for renewal. What renewal? I never even visited their website again because I was not able to use the software. This is a scam and am also filing a complaint.

matt bucko Feb 14, 2009

Burried in the license agreement. I hate these people and how they do business.

Search results for 'automatic and billing'
    Match: Format: Sort by:
    Refine search:
    Documents 1 - 2 of 2 matches. More *'s indicate a better match.

"Enigma Software Group, Inc.****
    ... information strictly for the purposes of diagnosing new Spyware threats. 3. Renewals � When you purchase Spyhunter, your account will configured for automatic billing. If you choose not to utilize our automatic billing option, you can change this option only by opening a ticket with technical support ...
    http://www.enigmasoftware.com/license.shtml 03/13/08, 33821 bytes "

MargieWV Jan 06, 2014

I also have a charge on my debit card from Dri Spy Hunter on 12/17 for 39.99 and I have no idea where it came from. Do they hook onto another software? I haven't complained to technical support or whereever but I am headed that way.

MargieWV Jan 06, 2014

I have a charge of $39.95 on 12-17 for Dri Spy Hunger and I did not okay this charge. Please refund my account this money. I did not agree up front to pay this all the time. Please take it off.

spyhunter is BS

Thanks for wasting more of my time you #s! Download your # program an it doesn't even remove # without payin for your sorry # program anyway!!! How bout I send you a #in bill for wasting my time downloadin your crappy lying # false advertising wannabe software>"??? Go # yourselves _ — cuz i"ll be sure to tell everybody how deceiving your company is

• Ro
    Ron Morris Mar 19, 2009

Yes, definitely SpyHunter is a ripoff. Why BUY any software of this type when the best ones are free? There is always Windows Defender from Microsoft. This is free and there is NO problem with the source. Spybot Search & Destroy is even better and is also free. Use these before wasting money on fake c**p! Anyone who is charging for spyware or malware removal tools is running a scam, PERIOD, because the big guys are giving this away. Also check out Sandboxie and Sun xVM VirtualBox. These are ways to surf, and even install downloaded suspicious programs without risk. Sandboxie is free in a basic version, which is more than enough for most uses. Sun xVM VirtualBox is much harder to use because you have to install a new operating system in a virutal hard drive. However, you can use the program to run DIFFERENT opertaing sytems at the same time, like Windows and Linux, or OSX and Windows. Sun, maker of the Solaris operating system is MORE than a reliable source!

• Hello Ron,

Johnson Speciale Jun 28, 2016

Johnson Speciale Jun 28, 2016

"Enigma Software ###s Inc. LLC BLah Blah ARE CHILDREN, teens, and ###ic no lifer d-bags in their early 20's!!! ### kids that give you a virus, then charge you to get rid of it, and apparently most of the time, THEY CAN'T!! lol

THEY create a virus, propagate it, then offer a generic solution that bottlenecks the search engines, and leads you to one of 20 different pages that ALL SAY THE SAME THING...

these ###s need to be SHUT DOWN!!! >

stolen money

Took £28.56 from my bank account. I thought I was purchasing a spyware package but almost a month later they took the money and I have not received anything!!

Cant remember the exact web address but it says free download of spyhunter anti virus and spyware software

• Ka
    KANGABILL Jun 24, 2008

Yup, Spy Hunter is a gold plated scam.

Clever dickies get you infected with one of their Trojans; EAAntivirus is a favourite. It is so intrusive that it eventually grinds any PC to a halt with its incessant warnings followed with a buy me come on.

Then when you Google for an "EAAntivirus" buster guess which one gets the first nearly full page on the search; you've got it. Spy Hunter.

You shell out the money; it does its search and "destroy". ONLY when you re-boot you've still got EAAntivirus, and also guess what?? Spy Hunter will now tell you that the Trojan is no longer present.

End result. Reformat C:; loose a lot of data and a day reloading XP, plus $US 29.

I've also seen some reoprts that Spy Hunter will try and get at you in the future by extracting $$$ from your bank card without your approval.

CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

• Vi
    vivien west Jul 15, 2008

I have just discovered that £57.22 has been taken from my account by DRI Spyware and I didnt download anything as i have protection already...my bank is looking into it. This is outrageous. So have no idea how they did it but everyone should be warned.

• Ka
    Kate Miller Aug 08, 2008

I have also just discovered that Dri Spyware has taken a yearly fee from my account for $29.95 since 2006. If you call Dri.pctools and ask, a British guy will tell you to contact an 800 number and you have to dispute the claim!

• In
    India Villarreal Feb 03, 2010

Yikes, Kate! I've heard the same complaints again and again.

If you feel like you've been wronged by Enigma Software, shoot me an email at:

[email protected]

• Ze
    zenzoyah Nov 09, 2010

I got in trouble the same, I paid it and I got nothing, and I found after 3 months they took my money £31 from my same detail card without approval. !!! I contract a bank to cancel it!! I think that i should cancel this card number otherwise they will steal my money in the furture by chance again !!!

• Lo
    Lozza1970 Feb 08, 2012

I have had the same trouble l downloaded it approx a year ago and received nothing. I thought that i would just wear it as a bad loss but once again a year later they have taken more money off my credit card, l have now had to cancel the credit card to stop them and have tried to contact them to let them know l now longer want to be part of there scam. Please everyone make sure you cancel the cards otherwise you may be like me and continue to see the charge occur

unauthorized recurring charges!

On 12 November 2007 our credit card was charged $35.69 for "SPYHUNTER [protected]". LAST year, in 2006...

unauthorized charges!

I received this message from your company. I have not authorize any order from your company, neither I am...