Economy Car Rentals Logo

Economy Car Rentals

Having problems with Economy Car Rentals?

Economy Car Rentals reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 24, 2015. The latest review Confirmation # PEXPA100587E was posted on Sep 24, 2021. The latest complaint Sold an non-valid insurance, acknowledges it and won't give refund was resolved on May 07, 2021. Economy Car Rentals has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 46 reviews. Economy Car Rentals has resolved 17 complaints.

Economy Car Rentals Customer Service Contacts

+41 215 880 015 (Head Office)
Poststrasse 24
Zug
Switzerland - 6300
Please note that the Economy Car Rentals company is not affiliated with Economy Rent A Car, LLC.
Economy Car Rentals is a broker agency based in Europe.
Before filing a complaint, please make sure your order has been placed through EconomyCarRentals.com

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Economy Car Rentals Customer Service. Initial Economy Car Rentals complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Economy Car Rentals above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Economy Car Rentals. Discuss the issues you have had with Economy Car Rentals and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Economy Car Rentals Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Economy Car Rentalscollision damage waiver

My husband and I each reserved cars to be picked up in Frankfurt, Germany on June 14th and June 15th, respectively. I had selected cars for which the Collision Damage Waiver was included. Nonetheless, I paid for the extra theft-damage excess protection for my husband's car as his rental period is for over 2 weeks. This additional insurance was not available for my car at the time of booking. Upon pick up we were both told that the rental, as booked through Economy Car Rentals, did not include the Collision Damage Waiver and we would be liable for up to 18, 000 Euros in damages in case of an accident, etc. How is this possible??? There was no option in Frankfurt to add insurance to cover the excess without cancelling the Economy Car Rental bookings, which had already been paid for. I have tried calling you and filled out the online form on your website. Please, can you clarify why the information the rental companies (Hertz and Europcar) receive does not match the terms and conditions the Economy Car Rentals customer receives and what we are now to do to protect ourselves in case of an incident? Our booking numbers are ECAF42BF and ECEC5B2A. Thank you.

Jun 16, 2019

Economy Car Rentals — economycarrentals voucher no: ec49f826 / thrifty confirmation no: ro400477099

The thrifty car provider didn't want to give me the car because they said "you don't have international...

Economy Car Rentalscar rental offer totally false, extra charges!

I wanted to make a reservation for my last days in Bilbao/Basque Country, and Economy Car Rentals came up with a great offer, some 9 Euros for a 3-day car rental, so I made the reservation. When I got the local car rental office, they told me that it would be some 120 Euros in total! As I had quite limited time and had already made my plans, I had to give in. It was a total robbery, an absolute disaster! I sent them an e-mail with all documents attached couple of weeks ago, no response whatsoever yet! If you receive such an attractive offer from this company, please be aware that there's something weird, and if I were you, I wouldn't rent any car from them.

• Economy Car Rentals's response · Jun 07, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking time to write your comments.

Could you please advise your voucher number in order to check further the charges applied locally?

We are looking forward for your kind response.

• Updated by Barish82 · Jun 08, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to advise you that in my e-mail sent to you on 30 May 2019 via your web page, I already indicate the information you request. I wish you had taken it into consideration before I made a complaint on your services via Complaints Board. As you see, most customers who commented on your services here also complain about your lack of response, which is a very negative attitude in terms of customer trust.

Having said that, here I repeat my e-voucher number for your consideration: ECDA946B If you provide me with an e-mail address, I will also share justifying documents I received both from your company as well as the local company which charged me the amount I mention.

Baris Tugrul

• Updated by Barish82 · Feb 26, 2020

The complaint I have made remains unresolved as for today despite it is qualified as resolved by complaintsboard.com. The company requested my voucher number and replied back pointing that all extra charges, about which I had not been informed, are normal and fair. This means I still consider the company Economy Car Rentals fraud and do not recommend anyone.

Economy Car Rentalsconnection with my order

I've ordered a car at Meningen, Germany, for 4.16.19.
      My order number is 1298800 . or ECD20C87
      I've get no e-voucher which I can refare to or understand if I have a car or I have to look for at another place
      Economy Car Rentals‏

29 בינו׳ 2019, 16:03 (לפני 4 ימים)

אני

Here are one of the mail I get and understand that I have to get confirmation. What should I do now? I have order another car on the24-28.4.
      I don't know if you are real because I cant get contact with you.

Dear Customer,
      We have received your order.

We wait for the final confirmation from our car rental providers.
      It might take from 1 minute up to 12 hrs, in some cases, it might take longer (weekends or holidays).
      A final "e-Voucher" with all necessary pick up information will be sent to you as confirmation. You can login at any time to check the status of your order, by visiting " My booking" facility or contact us by phone and Live support
      Best regards
      EconomyCarRentals

I can't get into your web and no access to my booking.

Jan 17, 2019

Economycarrentals.com — car rental/service

I am very disappointed with company Drive On Holidays and EconomyCarRentals.com. We ordered a car from...

Economy Car RentalsI already paid deposit and I delayed 20 minutes in my flight and they told me my book was cancel

I booked a car from economy car rentals in Milano Malpensa airport . When i landed to airport there was hge busy on passport control and i delayed 20 minutes. When i go out i called car rental company and no answer. I called call center on Economy Car Rentals . They try to call them also they can not find and call center told me book a new car, i said ok but they did not do because of rent a car was busy on that day and all companies try to sell more expensive. Call center told me stay one night milano and solve the problem in morning with exist ren a car company . Next day in the morning we call the company they said sorry you book to b cancel and they dont have any more car. That menas they sold out my car more expensive to another people . Call center did for me afew times book nad they did not confirm they can not find any car in milano or 3 days over 1000 euro .
        In my trip ı can not use car. Just continue with train and taxis and economy car rentals did not pay me back of deposit maybe ı was using more than 10 years maybe hundred of bokking now, i am writing every where and never book from them again . I learn it you need pay a little pay more but you will be sure you can take your car but no econmy car rentals.

Economy Car Rentals — car rental

Economycarrentals.com took money from my credit card account in August 27, 2018. But when i went to SIXT...

Economy Car Rentalsrefund for car damage

We have purchased through the economt cer rentals website a car rental and car insurance (order 3586200). We chose to insure the car through the website since you claim "We deal honestly to earn Trust! We are the most reliable online car rental company in the web!"

The car insurance we purchased is the "zero excess", the one that states " With this package you are FULLY PROTECTED".

While getting the car out of the parking area, we hit a pillar behind the car. Economy Car rentals claimed that the insurance is provided by the local rental provider. In the local provider terms the damaged caused in parking area is not covered.

The only place where we found the reference in their website about a local provider was under optional items.

"Optional Items and Fees
          Optional insurances/ options purchased locally are controlled by the local rental provider."

Since Economy car rentals accepted our money, it only stands to reason that they are our car insurers. NO WHERE was it stated that the local provider will be our insurer.
          Furthermore, the local agency specifically offered us to purchase their insurance with the claim that the insurance we have is through Economy car rentals, and therefore any damages will require us to pay local provider, and be refunded by Economy Car Rentals.
          I emphasize that we had no way to know in advance that the insurance we paid to Economy Car Rentals for is actually offered by someone else.
          When we payed for the insurance (well before arriving to the local agency), there was no information provided to explain that the insurance does no cover damages done in a parking area.
          Since Economy Car Rentals have accepted the money, they are accountable by law to meet the terms they have offered on their website.
          The claim that it is the local agency issue is unacceptable, since we have paid the advance for this service which was to be provided by Economy Car Rentals, long before arriving to the agency.
          Moreover, it is unreasonable to claim that we have signed a contract that excludes damages done in a parking area for two reasons:
          1) Information provided to us both by the website and by the local provider led us to the understanding we already had insurance coverage without that exclusion and so, the terms of their contract for their insurance were not relevant to us.
          2) It is unreasonable to receive the terms of a deal you already purchased several weeks before only when you pick up the car. We already paid Economy Car Rentals 35 euro and it is not reasonable to expect us to cancel the deal on the spot and start looking for another car after we received their contract . Especially when we are sure that Economy Car Rentals are the insurance provider and in their website we didn't find this exclusion.

We were misled by the website and the local provider to believe that Economy Car Rentals are the insurance provider.
          The exclusion of damage in the parking area (which is absurd by itself, because the accident was our fault. My husband was driving the car when it happened. This is exactly why we purchased the insurance - to be protected in case of accidents) does not appear on Economy Car Rentals website.

I wrote to the claim department many times and they don't even answer to my mails!!!
          This service is a DISGRACE!

I expect Economy Car Rentals to stand behind their statements and be honest and reliable as they claim to be.
          I purchased the insurance from their website believing their statements and now I see that they are definitely like many others.
          Being the face of this service, I expect Economy Car Rentals to be accountable for the situation formed and refund us the money we paid for the car damage.

Economy Car Rentals — car rental

We rented a car from Economy Car Rentals website. We rented Ford Focus from 8.8.18 untill 28.8.18/ WE were...

Economy Car Rentalsrent a car in faro

We received an email voucher from Economy car rental that I need to pay rest amount of (58 eur)my booking at the counter. When I went to counter to get the car keys they charged me 25 eur extra for full tank service. When I call the call center if Ecomoy carvrental they told menthat price mentioned in terms and agreements. You can not put %25 of the price in terms and conditions. Besides they charged our credit card already beginning 1000 eur in case we can make accident. This is misleading clients. I will do my best to inform everyone about their tricks to clients.

Respond

Economy Car Rentals — economy car rentals account number l802100, economy e-voucher number 3714604 and car rental provider confirmation number 36169786ca2

I am writing in regards to the Budget rental agreement number [protected] (economy car rentals account number...

Economycarrentals.com — six months and still no credit

Normally I have had great success with EconomyCarRentals, but my first bad experience shows that they do not...

Economy Car Rentalsrefund not received

I made an online booking with economy car rental for the 16th October 2017 whereby they took a deposit of R1500.00 which is refundable. When I arrived on the 16th October to pick my car up, I found that I was not booked on the super waiver but on the standard waiver. I tried to amend the booking prior to this but the website did not allow me to do so. First car rental also tried to amend the booking and they could not do so. I phoned economy car rental and explained the situation to the lady and she said that she could not also amend the booking as it is a standard booking. I then told her to cancel the booking and i made another booking directly with first car rental. Now economy car say that i was a no show and that i forfeit my money. This is the worst customer service i have ever received and i am shocked that they just take money from people without delivering any services. Please assist me with getting my money back and warn people about this company.

Economy Car Rentalscar hire/irresponsible & rude behavior

I still don't have a confirmation of my reservation nr.3257005. Despite my phone call to ECR after 12 hours past placing an order (which is a time limit stated in an ECR's email) and ask for intervention and warning that Sabbath starts soon. ECR phone in Israel does not respond!
                What's is going on with You. You used to deliver a good service in last years!
                I trusted You and now I am in a big trouble. If I have known that You will not process this reservation I would rent a car myself.

You don't take any responsibility and ignore customers. Dealing with you is a dangerous Hazard!

Just a moment ago I have spoken again with a person on ECR line who despite giving me no clear information about what and WHEN can be done was just rude to me and when I asked her whom am I talking to, she hung up. Disgusting. If I will not get a car from my reservation I will definitely seek compensation from EconomyCarRentals for all costs that I will encounter because of that.

Dr. Adam A. Bochenek

• Economy Car Rentals's response · Sep 13, 2017

Dear Dr. Adam A. Bochenek,

We are really sorry to hear your reported dissatisfaction.
                    In some cases it takes longer to receive a confirmation from the car rental company.
                    As you requested a last minute reservation, sometimes it does take up to two business day to confirm.
                    When you called into our office for an update our agents offered an alternative option and another quote was sent.
                    We are really sorry that the car rental company was not able to confirm the booking.

Economy Car Rentals — car rental

We had a confirmation for a car rental in Rome through this company. (e-Voucher No: ) 3033284...

Economy Car Rentals — breach of contract - deposit paid but no car

On the 3rd of March 2017, I paid a deposit on a car for pick up at Honolulu Airport on the 4th of April...

Economy Car Rentals — voucher # 3116506

Hi ... I made a reservation from your website and was immediately charged with my credit card 35.76 EUR...

Economy Car Rentals — false advertising!!! for durban, south africa

I was provided a quotation for a car I was interested in hiring!!! However reading through the contract it...

Durban

Economy Car Rentals — excess charges

I recently hired a car through you in Malta, from 22/04/17 to 06/05/17. On returning the car the person who...

Economy Car Rentalsmoney withdraw

Good morning I tried to rent a car on 14/1/2017 and paid by my credit card a down payment of 41.50 eur. You couldnt get me my required car and no booking was made. This morning I found out in my bank statement that 41.50 eur was withdrawn from my credit card on the 18/1/2017. My name is albth majdi m. W. And my email is [protected]@yahoo.com. I appriciate your quick response. Thanks

• Economy Car Rentals's response · Feb 20, 2017

Dear Albth Majdi,

You have placed multiple bookings.
                      One of these bookings was confirmed and the confirmation voucher was sent to your e-mail.
                      Please find the voucher attached.
                      The amount paid during the booking procedure was charged to your account : € 41, 50

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Best regards,