Ebayvery poor customer service and support

This complaint is concerning a lack of responsiveness of eBay to a customer and very poor support.

On December 28, 2017, after taking over ONE hour for a support person to take care of what turned out to be a simple ordering problem, I lost an opportunity to get a discount because the deadline to take advantage of it ended. As a result of the loss of the discount and the very poor service from the support person, I e-mailed them. All I ever received was an automated response. A copy of it is below:

Thank you for writing to eBay Customer Support.

Your question is very important to us and will be treated with our full attention. We understand the need to get your question answered quickly, and in most circumstances we do so within 24 to 36 hours. However, there may be times when it will take up to 72 hours for you to receive a response. To speed up the process, we ask that you do not send in multiple messages about the same issue.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not respond to this email. Any email sent as a response to this Acknowledgement will not reach us. Should you have another question or would like to send us additional information, please contact us by using our online Contact Customer Support page found at:

We appreciate your patience,

eBay Customer Support

Sounds nice doesn't it? Well, what they said (or actually wrote) is false. Because there was no response to actually resolve the problem, I e-mailed them again after the 72 hours had passed. There still was no response except for the automated response listed above.

After 72 hours elapsed, I decided I would try to call them. That was just a futile exercise. I would get the same man everytime and he wouldn't really listen to me and just transfer me to a line where there was a recording. At one point of time he told me basically that going online and communicating that way was actually speach. Speach? I had enough of typing messages back and forth and wanted to actually speak to someone!

So far, there has been NO response from eBay to resolve my concerns. They obviously are in effect saying---"WE DON"T REALLY CARE."

• Valerie Feb 02, 2007

I had an account with ebay for 4 years. From 2017 until 2017 I never had a problem with purchasing anything from ebay. When I decided to sell in 2017 thats when I begun to have problems .

Someone decided to keep bidding on my items and not paying for them. Ebay gave me a bunch of bullcrap steps to prevent this from happening but of course none of it worked. I forwarded all the emails and messages the person sent me, ebay agreed that it was the same person who was repeatedly bidding and not paying but refused to help me. I stopped using ebay (with a feedback score of 100% mind you) and of course they suspended my account for non payment of seller fees.

Now a year and a half later, they suspend my sisters account for association (How they knew we were associated is beyond me, but this happened the DAY AFTER someone flagged the sale of one of her items and ebay just canceled the auction. Without giving her the reason why of course. Probably harassment from the same person who was harassing me.). She also has 100% feedback. We don't even live in the same STATE, never mind the same household and haven't for years before we started using ebay (And when we lived in the same state we STILL NEVER lived in the same household). We have offered to send physical proof to show that we are not the same person, to add to the proof that they should ALREADY have on file (bank account information, addresses in different states, names ect.) and all they say is I understand your frustration but theres nothing we can do to help you.

How they are legally allowed to hold someone responsible for someone else's doings is beyond my comprehension. I mean really if my neighbor that I have lunch with every day shoots someone down the block can the cops arrest me because I eat with him everyday? Or if my sister owed $10,000 to her credit card company and I used her card once 5 yrs ago are they allowed to sue ME for her bill? Of course not.
    While I know that these 2 things seem like harsh comparisons, for people who have given up their jobs, their entire LIVES, to sell on ebay and have had such illegal whims pushed upon them and have lost everything, its not.

And you know what else? Half of their "Rules" aren't even in the user agreement, nor can they be found in search. Even the customer service rep couldn't find associations ANYWHERE in the user agreement. What, they get to make up the rules as they go along? They are allowed to wake up on the wrong side of the bed today and just STEAL peoples money and ruin their lives, or just close your account for the fun of it and don't need a legitimate reason?

Maybe we should all band together and start a class action suit against the spoiled, greedy, uncaring machine that is ebay for having unclear rules and regulations and misrepresentation of their site. Maybe if we all start going to the news people like Help Me Howard or writing to people like Montel some of us can get some justice and at the least, prevent it from happening to others.

Anthony N. Jun 11, 2007

I want to make a long story short. I was recently the victim of fraud by a seller on Ebay. I won a photo CD containing reference material on a specific Star Trek studio model. I specifically asked the seller via eBay if any of these photos had been published. He assured me that all the photos came from his camera while he worked on the paramount lot. I paid immediately after winning and waited anxiously for the CD. Of course when it arrived I realized that all photos on the CD were copyrighted by Paramount, and therefore illegal to sell. I asked the seller for a refund of which he refused. I contacted Pay pal to complain and was happy to learn that Pay Pal after a few days refunded my money. I thought that was it until I received a negative from this seller. I promptly contacted eBay to ask for assistance in having the feedback removed as I believed the auction should not have been allowed to transpire in the first place. However, I understand that Ebay does not police their auctions. Ebay refused to remove the feedback stating that even though the actions of the person leaving the feedback may violate eBay policy, the actions are not related to the feedback and do not make the feedback removable. They have failed to make me understand how the sellers actions were not related to the sale. He left me negative feedback because I reported him for fraud. EBay has also removed my particular listing as well. Yet even in doing so, they refuse to remove the feedback. There is no law in existence that prohibits eBay from removing such feedback. The laws in existence protect eBay from refusing to remove feedback if they so wish. I have requested numerous times to speak with someone from eBay to which they refuse. And to date, no one from eBay can explain how feedback left in retaliation for reporting fraud is not considered abuse and not eligible for removal, nor related to a particular sellers actions!!

The message from eBay is quite clear. They are sorry that I have been the victim of fraud (proven by Paramounts legal department), and they are sorry I received the bogus feedback, but they refuse to aid me in it's removal, instead opting to allow this seller to call me a scam artist which in turn questions my integrity.

Obviously there is nothing I can do, and eBay will continue to play stupid. I hope JK Rowling wins her lawsuit and eBay is FORCED to make some changes.

• Lo
    Lou Perryman Jul 02, 2007

Anthony N.,

I am new to eBay myself, but I have been reading a lot of advice in eBays's Answer Center. Your complaint seems to me to be one of only a few reasons that qualify you to have a negative feedback removed.

If you to the Answer Center on eBay, you will find many experienced buyers and sellers who can give you better advice than I can.

Good Luck.

• Ep
    Ep Jul 25, 2007

Shame On ebay!! Yes, they booted selenaqperezfan but now they are playin g censor they claim ebay is a safe place to trade! HA, they allow Buyers to be cheated and scammed and if anyone tries to warn other buyers they remove the warnings.. I posted a blog and a warning on my page I checked with the rules and saw nothing that would keep me from doing so.. I did not mention names or contact info and told my story yet ebay removed bot h pages with no reason why at all.. Ebay knows I'm well off so they removed my second attempt with yet another warning yet they have booted people off their site for a second offense.. that proves they only care about the almighty dollar..Well I have news for ebay I am history and so is my money.. I will do my shopping after I have finished my move and if I can't find what I'm looking for where I'll be moving to then I can do without it..

Please be careful when shopping on ebay also there is a new auction site visit http://www.traderbait.com maybe if ebay starts to lose buyers they will change their policies..remember without the buyers there are no sellers and no sellers no ebay!!

• Pa
    pat peak Aug 05, 2007

I , too have become the victim of wildly fabricated malicious feedback on eBay. NO HELP FROM EBAY! Would love to submit details but this session continues to time out on me.

• El
    Elias C. Aug 06, 2007

I just got an email from eBay suspension telling me that they were concerned about their integrity and so on. I am not an often user of eBay so I would understand a suspension for too little usage. But for being a threat or having them concerned about me possibly harming the integrity of the community ? What information are they using ? It is completely crazy and bitter.

Here is a transcript of their mail. Are we enough in number to act in block and complain together ?

Transcript:

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended due to concerns we have for the safety and integrity of the eBay community.

"Abusing eBay" of the eBay User Agreement states, in part:

"...we may limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to our website, remove hosted content, and take technical and legal steps to keep users off the Site if we think that they are creating problems, possible legal liabilities, or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies."

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account.

Please note that any seller fees due to eBay will immediately become due and payable. eBay will charge any amounts you have not previously disputed to the billing method currently on file.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department
    eBay, Inc.

• Lo
    Lori Mello Aug 25, 2007

I hope you gave them negative feedback too. If they don't want the negative feedback you can both agree to mutually withdraw your negs that you left for each other.

• Bi
    Bill Powell Nov 15, 2007

I have recently purchased two coins from different sellers. Both items sold for under expected sale price. I never received either item. The first sent me an empty envelope without enough postage for a heavy coin. I was issued an immediate credit but I know the coin was never in the envelope and can prove it. The seller just didnt want to sale at that price.

The second item I purchased Insurance on it and have never received it. Im waiting to see what lame excuse I get this time. This item also sold very cheap.

• Valerie Apr 13, 2008

I recently contacted a "Power Seller" after I had not received a $175. crystal wall light after 3 weeks and no communication. The Seller e-mailed me that the item was back-ordered for 2 months. I replied that I could not wait for 2 months and asked to cancel the sale.

Rather than complete a mutual withdrawal, this Seller refunded my payment, marked the "Pay Now" button (indicating that I had never paid for the item), then opened a non-payment, mutual withdraw Dispute. Why? To avoid Negative Feedback and possible Seller suspension when he could not produce the item which had been paid for!

I was unable to leave (negative) feedback because the item shows (dishonestly, that no payment was made).

I filed a Dispute for Non-receipt of item in which there was a reference to the payment transaction number.

• Valerie Apr 22, 2008

eBay is about to start penalizing all Sellers... and making you a 2nd class citizen...

How? Allowing ONLY Buyers to leave a Negative feedback... for anything at all their little heart desires... eBay has been dredging for new Buyers to boost their stock prices, and they don't give a tinker's *** about Sellers at all anymore...

Bad check? Seller can't complain - gets screwed... Late pay? Seller's screwed... Wrong form of payment? Seller is screwed... Delays? You're screwed... ANYTHING a Buyer wants to *** about - Seller has NO ammunition anymore... The Seller can NOT leave Negative feedbacks!!

NO MATTER WHAT the Buyer does, ONLY the Buyer is allowed to leave Negatives. And any Seller who gets a Negative? Has to beg the ###s-that-be at eBay to pretty please take away the bad bad feedback...

To make things worse, it doesn't matter that eBay is FAILING THEIR SELLER / CUSTOMERS by failing to forward messages to their e-mails! The Msg system that's supposed to eliminate problems now CREATES them because reminders are disappearing into the ether somewhere... and eBay doesn't give a rat's ***...

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, eBay's PAYPAL affiliate is failing Sellers, too ! When you SHIP something, you put in the USPS tracking info for the Buyer to read, too. But guess what???

PayPal's link to USPS has NOT FUNCTIONED AT ALL for at least 2 months, and nothing has been done to correct it despite repeated reports...

So what does the Buyer see on PayPal when they click on the link to see where their item is? NO RECORD OF THIS ITEM (even though it has been shipped, scanned and may even already have been delivered!!)

And guess what else? Now they file a complaint, and then you get a NEGATIVE Feedback on eBay...

And then eBay restricts or closes your account ! WHO'S TO BLAME? eBay themselves...

But YOU - MR. SELLER - the same one who works to build eBay's system, pays extra to maintain Stores, takes 2ND BILLING on your items, who patiently deals with every lowlife buyer sucked in by eBay promotions - YOU get billed, YOU get slapped, Your Feedback is hammered - You're SCREWED...

• Ka
    Kahl Apr 22, 2008

And its gunna get worse. ebay.com.au is the test site for their newest trick. Within a few weeks in most cases ebayAU customers and sellers will have no choice to transact their bussiness thru PayPal thus gaining ebay another few percent on every sale. Don't think it won't happen in your parts of the world soon. AU is just a trial run, they have said as much. Of cause its all to "protect our valued clients from fraud" yeah, right.

Carl

John Apr 28, 2008

I got the same exact message. eBay abuse. Whats that? You get a form letter telling you to read the user agreement. That tells you nothing. Safety and Integrity? I've NEVER had any problem with any buyers. They need to explain themselves and they won't. What was worse is that they changed the reason for my suspension. First it was due to Paypal "issues", yeah the issue was that PayPal was demanding my Social Secuirty number and my bank account info! For What? They claim to verify my identity. What for? I had been selling for awhile with zero problems. No complaints what-so-ever. No all of a sudden they want personal info. I dont think so. And any issue I have with PayPal should have nothing to do with eBay, well yes I guess it does as eBay OWNS PayPal! I took them to court and won. make them pay for their mistakes, they have billions, make them spread the joy. If enough people make them pay then maybe, just maybe they will change their ways. Either that or maybe someone else will start a similar auction site.

• Pa
    Paul Apr 30, 2008

I totally sympathize with you.

This is another story of how EBay protects bad sellers.

Auction-genie-inc is the mother of all EBay a**es. I bought 4 items from him. He knew he had provided me with a lousy service and that EBay was about to change the rules (seller will no longer be able to leave negs.) So, fearing that I would leave negatives and he would no longer be able to retaliate, he blackmailed me: either you leave 4 positives or I'll leave 4 negatives before they change the rules and then you'll be forced to go to mutual feedback removal. I'm not going to do that, I won't be blackmailed by this guy, but I'll spread this story as fast as I can. Obviously I have already reported him to EBay (the idiot blackmailed me using the EBay system) but they didn't do anything about it. Nobody should buy anything from auction-genie-inc of Little Falls NJ and no one should trust them to sell stuff on EBay. I'm going even further, no one should buy anything from EBay, period. I'm done with them, this is the last straw.

As I understand, I'm not the only buyer who had to suffer this.

And yes, I'm in favor of the new system. I hope it'll put sellers like Auction-genie-inc out of business.

• Valerie May 06, 2008

Is it just me or has the number of bid withdrawals or cancellations increased lately. In 1 month I have had 5 sellers screw me. How? Bid on items or buy it now and the sellers either cancel them or just don't answer my questions to get a correct invoice so I can pay. Have made official complaints to Ebay and they are allowing this. Two of the sellers re-listed the items with a higher price. Are you kidding me? I buy a lot and I mean a lot from Ebay but this is getting ridiculous. I am sick of this. Are there any other great auctions sites out there with great prices like Ebays? Good luck if you stay with them.

• Valerie May 15, 2008

I have been an ebay member going on 9 years with over 3000 feedbacks, a 99.6% rating. My products consisted of custom decals. About 4 weeks ago I get this notice from ebay that my account is suspended due to using the name 'FORD' as one of my keywords and that they shut all my auctions down.

Well, those auctions that they claimed that they shut down had already expired 1 month prior to this. I may have had 1-3 auctions running at this time for some products not even associated with the products I had been selling. I guess you can't use the name 'FORD' as a keyword unless you are selling a product specifically for that manufactures equipment or something like that.

I email ebay and ask them why, after 4 weeks after the auctions have expired is my account shut down. I don't get an honest answer only that I need to send in some personal information after the 7 day suspension period and they will determine if my account will be re-instated or not.

What's frustrating about this is I know of another ebay member selling almost the identical products I use to and are getting by with using the word 'FORD' as one of their keywords, but they are a power seller so maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know. Anyway, I started turning this other members auctions into ebay thru the proper channels using eBay’s official complaint forms and I did get responses from ebay that they received my emails.

I later get emails back from ebay stating they (ebay) do not see anything improper with the other members auctions and they let them continue to sell to this day. I continued on a daily basis reporting these auctions to ebay and continue to get the same response from ebay.

In my opinion, this is total discrimination against me. Why is it I get my account shut down, with no warning, even after the auctions have expired 4 weeks prior, yet this other member continues to be allowed to sell on ebay using 'FORD' as a keyword.

The members products who is allowed to continue selling on ebay, are in no way associated with a 'FORD' manufactured product, they just use the word 'FORD' as a keyword to attract customers, basically the same thing I USE to do.

CHERYL Jul 31, 2008

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I HAVE GOTTEN NO EXPLAINATION OR RESPONSE AAS TO WHY THE COMPETITION CAN LIST 111 ITEMS WITH THE SAME LOGO I WAS CANCELLED AND SHUT DOWN FOR JUST TRYING TO LIST. WE ACTUALLY GET THE ITEMS FROM THE SAME WHOLESELLER! IMAGINE THAT. I THINK THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH EBAY STAFF OR MAYBE ARE PAYIING THEM OFF. FAR FETCHED? WHY ELSE WOULD THEY BE ALLOWED TO DO SO. WHAT RECOURSE DO I HAVE?

• Valerie Aug 27, 2008

I've tried for 2 weeks to resolve a problem, ripoffs by sellers on ebay, customer support is nonexistent. I contacted 3 times, I bought a cd that was supposed to have software, it was blank. I paid $15.94.

• Valerie Sep 01, 2008

Ebay is a unreliable company that does not back their products instead they pass the buck you will not get you’re money back and they will not send you you’re product instead you get sorry we cant help your money is lost then they tell you if you would like to get your money back you can do the leg work your self like you want to do this when you already contacted them in the first place when you try to contact the people that ebay is working with they cant find the order or your email you don’t exist contact ebay back they still say sorry so your money is gone this gives you a felling that you have just been ripped off.

• St
    STEWART COCHRANE Sep 02, 2008

"2 Tickets for Leeds festival bought on ebay, found to be a scam. The user, stephen090500 scammed at least 10 people, all of whom (including myself) have complained to paypal. Though the individual disputes with paypal are void, due to them being for items bought more than 45 days ago, their terms and conditions state if multiple disputes are opened, paypal may launch an inquiry up to 180 days after the purchase.
    Thus far, it has been intensely difficult not only to get them to start an investigation but also to acknowledge that more than one person has even contacted them over this seller.

I lost £450.99, which i paid for two tickets. Others have been unlucky enough to buy more than 2 tickets, with one person being more than £1000 out of pocket!
    Details about the numerous people scammed can be seen on this forum;

• St
    Steve Sep 26, 2008

I know me personally I would have taken the same action he took, in order to receive credits from eBay. If he wouldn't have done that he still would have to pay FeeBay their $20 bucks in the end.

• Valerie Oct 13, 2008

eBay, the multimillion dollar giant that has been king of the online shopping world could be in trouble. A company that not so long ago began in someones living room and become this GIANT eating up a good portion of the online shopping word by acquiring many, many companies including Paypal being their biggest jewel.

They have forgotten their roots and what made them so successful, their sellers. The sellers that have been paying them for many years, millions of dollars in fees, and now eBay decided to CONTROL the entire playing field forcing longtime sellers to vacate. As they merged with buy.com and bought out other online players for fear of competition, they decided they wanted to be more like Amazon and start selling like an online Walmart rather than the auction site that buyers and sellers alike grew to love over the years. Well there’s no love anymore. eBay has become like a small government, a bad government. Hated by the world and most Americans (sort of like Washington). When John Donahoe took charge of the company this past year, the changes began. Sellers and buyers have been jumping ship like its on fire. It’s not a good place to do business anymore.

• Te
    Tell The Truth Nov 09, 2008

EBAY WILL NOT DO NOTHING TO HELP YOU, THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOTHING, I HAVE BEEN TOLD LIE AFTER LIE, I CALLED EBAY 4 TIMES IN ONE DAY AND ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND WAS TOLD SOMETHING DIFFERENT EVERYTIME, YOU NEED ALSO TO KNOW THAT EBAY OWNS 1/2 OF CRAIGSLIST AND OTHER WEBSITE COMPANYS, BE SURE TO CHECK WHO OPERATES THE SITE BEFORE GETTING INVOLVED WITH THEM. THERE DOING THE MONOPLY THING, I CAN TELL YOU THERE IS A VERY BIG INVESTIGATION INTO THERE PRACTICES MANY ATTORNEYS ARE INVOLVED, CONTACT YOUR ATTORNEY GENERAL AND THE BETTER BUSINESS FOR MORE INFORMATION, THEY HAVE BEEN UNDER SCRUTINY FOR SOME TIME IT IS GETTING CLOSER TO CHARGES BEING FILED AGAINST THER EXECUTIVES, I DO BELIEVE A HUGE CLASS ACTION SUIT IS ABOUT TO BE FILED IN THE FEDRAL COURTS THIS WILL NOT STOP CHARGES AGAINST THERE EXECUTIVES THEY WILL STILL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR THERE FRAUD, BEWARE AND WISE ]. KEEP WATCHING BECAUSE ITS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. THANK YOU GOOD LUCK.

• Th
    Thomas Dec 09, 2008

A few days ago I received from Ebay in my Ebay inbox on their site a coupon for 10% off any purchase made before November 30th, 2017.

Today I found an item I was interested in buying and checked to see if the coupon was still in my inbox on the Ebay site. It was still there and was still valid. I went ahead with the purchase only because I thought I was getting a 10% off coupon applied to the price of the item.

I won the item and went ahead to try to pay for the item and apply the coupon code. I got an error telling me that the code didn't work. I looked into it and discovered my email addresses in Ebay and Paypal were different. I did what the coupon said to do and changed my Ebay email so they were the same. It still didn't work.

I then got on a help chat with agent who was less than helpful and eventually closed the chat on me, even though I was nothing but cordial and patient in requesting help. After my incident I researched the issue on the internet and apparently there are many people who have had issues using these coupons.

Due to the fact that I complied with the terms of the coupon and was treated very rudely by agent in an Ebay help chat, I would like Ebay to credit me the $10.35 of the $103.49 purchase price of the item I purchased. Being a good Ebayer, I went ahead and paid the seller as this is no fault of theirs, but until this is addressed, I don't think I'll be using Ebay for any purchases in the future, which is a shame as I've always been a prompt and responsible user of the site.

• Th
    The Dude that hates ebay Feb 07, 2009

How could they police an auction for contents of a dvd or cd? They are guilty of a lot but thats stretching it.

• Br
    Bruised09 Mar 04, 2009

eBay operates a marketplace that is wild west like Buyer Beware. They eBay company erects BS rules and alleged arbitration systems but beneath it all eBay is BUYER BEWARE. The only protection or security eBay provides is for its PowerSellers above the Gold level.

The online community forums are a sham. The forums are dominated by mostly low-life sellers who give snooty replies to sincere questions from honest sellers and buyers.

My friends and I suspect, based on the insane rulings and replies many people get from eBay and eBay-Paypal arbitration that arbitration is operated by an Artificial Intelligence Engine, which is why people are advised to submit very short explainations. The more data (words) input into the best human speech AI engines the less the AI can generate an intelligent response. We suspect the engine is loaded in favor of the bigger Power Sellers. The rank itself is a fraud. Clearly, buyers are supposed to think "Power Seller" is an award eBay grants to honest, good service sellers. In fact, the rank has nothing to do with buyers. It is an eBay reward for sellers who generate a lot of fees for eBAY AND EbAY -Paypal.

We still do a lot of buying on eBay. I worked out a near perfect system for buying safely. Rule number one. Do not waste precious time and head banging with eBay or eBay-Paypal arbitration. Usually, buyers lose, you never get any shipping returned & you get a negative as punishment from the scam seller for bothering to arbitrate.

Rule two. ONLY buy with Paypal and link Paypal only to a credit card. Paypal is big but it is no way as big or powerful as your credit card company. When you have been cheated or failed to get fair play, simply email the seller. After the seller either ignores your emails or gives you a stupid response, call you credit card company and ask for a CHARGE BACK. In most cases they will do an immediately charge back of THE ENTIRE AMONG, including shipping.

It gets better. Paypal then charges a nice fee from the seller for 1. your complaint & 2. for the service of taking the money back and returning it to your charge card!

Next, never buy from a Powerseller with a high positive feedback without inputting his name into toolhaus. You will often be surprised at the many negatives and neutrals toolhaus will find that eBay is hiding from buyers.

Try to buy from sellers with a few hundred feedback who have a 100% positive. They value their high rating an want to keep it. Scammers prey on that and honest buyers are protected by it.

Finally, the eBay forums are a bad joke. They are monitored by censors ebay falsely calls "moderators"

• Po
    pokey265 Mar 26, 2009

sold a phone on ebay but was never payed for it.reported it to ebay and they said the member would be suspended.then they said he wasnt a member anymore then they said he wasnt even a member.they couldnt make up there mind and just wanted to cover there backs.ive lost £227.ive emailed e bay and just get lies of them.they wont pay for the phone and just dont care.now i have to look at taking them to court, my advice is stay to hell away from ebay as there is a good chance your get ripped off aswell and they dont care because they will keep on going untill something is done about them.

• Wi
    wicked Mar 28, 2009

ebay makes it impossible for customers to get a hold of them. once they get their money, theyre gone.

• Ha
    hateebay Apr 02, 2009

How can we band together, ebay is out of control, out of control and so rude ot sellers its ridiculous...

• Li
    littlefish1 Apr 05, 2009

I bought and paid for an item, bedside cabinet, on ebay.co.uk on the 1st March which the seller refused to sell to me claiming it had been damaged and was no longer in her possesion (see attached photo). Clearly the photograph was edited to mislead as it did not fit the description as to the apparent damage the seller claimed i.e. said a young child had marked with ink but the photo proved this wasn, t true. I complied with ebay, s requests and forwarded all headers and email bodies to them as they insisted i had to prove the seller refused to sell me my item : when i tried to contact the seller to go and collect as she refused to post, despite charging for this, i was threatened and Ebay took no action therefore i refrained from any further contact with said seller.
    The seller then relisted my item in order to get a higher price which again was reported to Ebay and again they took no action yet this is a breach of their own policy and the item was resold by the seller for a higher price: note the said item had no damage in the relisted photograph. On telephoning Ebay, i was spoken to like an idiot and patronised by said staff members as is with the content of emails from Ebay too : Ebay are only interested in making profit from listing fees and forget they are legally obliged to prevent such taking place, i.e. as stated in the rules, trust and safety which they, Ebay themselves created but never seem to impliment. On leaving the seller negative feedback, this was followed up by said seller and was blatant lies: again i was told on the phone by Ebay that this would be removed but it wasn, t :another policy which they, Ebay created yet never impliment. Now i am left with no item which i won and paid for and the seller has sold for a higher price to someonelse and Ebay are not interested in doing anything about this by allowing said seller to continue selling on Ebay : i, ve wasted time and money constantly contacting Ebay all to no avail and they, Ebay are a prime example of a multi national company only concerened with making profit at the expense of customers.

• Bl
    bleyedsue Apr 07, 2009

I bought three disney dvd's, two from the same person. They are all pirated dvd's. This is awful. I bought them for my kids. I intentionally bid on dvd's from sellers in the united states, however, the seller I got two dvd's from shipped them from china. I want to fight this. I believe ebay knows this is going on because of past articles I have found on the web and they haven't done a thing about it. The sellers posted them as brand new.

Any suggestions would be great.

• Ki
    KINETIC Jun 01, 2009

It has taken four emails and three phone calls to teach my buyer how to leave feedback so that I could get payment that had been withheld by ebay. This has happened several times to me.
    It’s a ridiculous situation that I should have to do ebays work for you. Ebay and paypal have been no help whatsoever. They seem happy to sit on my money for as long as possible. It’s obvious that ebay is pushing out all private sellers.
    I am disgusted with these new rules of holding on to an honest persons hard earned money. Its daylight robbery!
    Anyone that continues to use ebay under these new rules must be mad

• Di
    Disappointed eBay seller Jun 12, 2009

I sold on eBay for 7 years. Since Meg left, they have repeatedly made mistakes on my account. CHECK YOUR BILLING. I was billed for items THEY listed twice. One is now not informed if you relist on that page, so you may relist same item twice. Check if you sell in volume.

They randomly put a hold on my eBay selling for seven days for listing a ROOT STARTER, but didn't tell me what I did wrong. I can't always access my site. My pictures aren't always there, though I list them and they appear when listing begins. CHECK YOUR PICTURES!

The hassles they create are not worth it anymore. Selling used to be fun and easy, I had a number 3550+. Sold since '93.

DO NOT begin selling on eBay. They are no longer an organized site and you cannot rely on them to advertise eBay at all to remind people to buy. ( a Cable tv ad costs $10.00)
    You will have nothing but headaches. Go to a free listing site that offers 30 days free listing. WORLD OF DIFFERENCE, and I got twice the price.

How sad that a company that worked so well has failed us all so miserably. Don't trust it; I've been let down, almost weekly for months now. The mis-billing is the worst. Check every transaction. Then go elsewhere to sell your valuables. You'll be glad you did!

• Sh
    shaboogle Jul 08, 2009

It is shocking - makes ebay hardly worth the effort unless you are a business seller who can afford to wait 21 days for payment! I'm disgusted. We chose to sell stuff this month to cover bills and food as money is so tight this month and now we have to wait until next month for money that belongs to us! We have had to fork out for postage but get nothing in return. Ebay are raking in OUR interest on money they are holding and it is ridiculous. Car boot sales are more profitable after all.

• Bo
    BOBB123 Aug 03, 2009

WHO DO YOUTHINK OWNS THE LARGEST CREDIT CARD PROCESSING COMPANY?? - VERISIGN NOW OWNED AND OPERATED BY EBAY

• Ci
    Ciucca Aug 06, 2009

There is a scam that some dishonest buyers are pulling on Ebay. Ebay and Paypal are either conscience accomplices or don't give a $%^!

I sold a Video card to a buyer through ebay. The person user account is usr7377. His name is Kayvan Entezari. I list it here because for some ridiculous reason ebay will not let me leave negative feedback to warn others!

He filed a bogus claim that I sent him the wrong item than listed in the ad. This was a false claim. Paypla without any investigation granted his claim and told him to return the card to me. Well I received a different card back. It was worth about 2 cents not the expensive card I sent to him for a very good price!

Basically he robbed my video card, and ebay and PayPal will do nothing about it!

Be warned that if you sell on ebay you have no rights regardless what their website says. It is very easy for someone to steal your item.

• Ka
    kayvan entezari Apr 21, 2019

@Ciucca I'm sorry for what happened to you. This is Kayvan himself. Did you know I have my bike stolen 2 times? So who cares about 1 worthless video card.

bamargeracom Aug 06, 2009

Ebay is known for suspending accounts, and then claiming that they need additional information from you. I have had it happen to me 3 times in one week, then I totally gave up. Ebay and Paypal are a scam and a monopoly, and are becoming a thing of the past.

bamargeracom Aug 06, 2009

Please add your complaint to the thousands of other complaints registered against them with the BBB.
    Ebay ia a scam and will soon be a thing of the past.
    There live chat is useless, and when they cannot figure something out they disconnect or give you the ebay shuffle, transferring you a couple times before you are right back where you started.
    Call them and tell them that you are aware of the monopoly they have with paypal, and they will surely hang up on you. I have seen that anytime that someone has a valid legitimate complaint about their business practices, they hang up on them. Also if you post anything negative about ebay in the ebay forums, the post is deleted and you are banned from posting future comments in ebay forums. They are a scam.

bamargeracom Aug 07, 2009

I signed up to ebay about a month ago, and was subject to and experienced the Ebay/Paypal Monopoly first hand. I did not want to use Paypal to accept payments as I already have my own merchant account with First Data and they are half the price of Paypal. When listing my first item, I scrolled to the part where it asked how I would like to be paid. I un-checked Paypal, and checked credit card. On the next screen it said that in order to accept credit cards I had to fax a copy of my merchant account invoice to them to prove to them that I can support this method of payment. I faxed them the necessary documents, and the games began. 2 days went by and no message from them about what was going on. Then I called them and was asked why I did not want to use paypal, and that it is the preferred payment of ebay. I explained to them my situation, and they said they would look into the situation, and they would get back to my via email. I waited another 2 days, and nothing. I called them again, and they brought me to the listing page, and they walked me through and told me to click Paypal for payments accepted, and I told them I did not want to accept Paypal, and they were dumbfounded and did not know what to do. They knew nothing about how to integrate my merchant account. They told me I have to wait for T&S to contact me. The next morning I called them again, and was once again told to just use Paypal and recieved a pitch on how they were safe and secure. I asked to speak to a manager, and they told me the manager was not available. I then called again and they finally got to the bottom of things. I listed a couple of items, and after the first one ended, the buyer told me there was no way for him to pay. I called ebay again and they told me there was a "Pay Now" button in the email that was automatically sent to them after the auction ended. The buyer told me there was nothing there. I got this same response from every winning bidder that day. I called ebay and they once again told me that I should accept Paypal for payments until they get the situation fixed. I told them I would not pay for the listing fees so far and they told me I have to pay them, and that it is like listing an ad in the paper and the listing fees are non-refundable. The next day they told me that they fixed the problem, and then I listed a couple items, and everything seemed to be good, until the first auction was down to the last minute. The account was blocked by Paypal, and I was informed that they needed more information on my Paypal account in order for the account suspension to be lifted. I called ebay and they told me the block was from Paypal. I called Paypal and they asked for my SS# and receipts for the items I was selling. I told them I never opened a Paypal account, and they told me regardless, they would still need the information in order to lift the suspension, and until then, the account would remain blocked. I called Ebay and they told me there was in fact a Paypal account linked to my ebay account and that there was nothing they could do. Now, I NEVER opened a Paypal account nor did I link it to my ebay account. To me, this is yet another shady desperate attempt by Ebay to force new members that do not know any better to use Paypal to accept Paypal so they can make money from every angle. When I call them and tell them this whole scenario, they ask me if there is anything they can help me with, otherwise the phone call will be disconnected. They no longer respond to my email regarding this and they told me that if I keep contacting them through ebay live chat that they would bring up charges for Harassment. What a way to run a company. I also notice that when you post ANY negative comments about ebay that are valid in the ebay forums, the comments are removed and you are banned from posting in their forums. They are trying to cover up anything negative about their company, but truth be told..., check out Ebay and Paypal on the Better Business Bureau and see all the complaints they have since January. There are well over 10, 000 of them. Ebay soon will be a thing of the past and they will continue to lose thousands of members a week to Amazon, just like me.

bamargeracom Aug 07, 2009

Here is their customer support number:
    1-866-767-3340.

Read on about my experience with ebay and their new scam:

• Ss
    SS-ME Aug 14, 2009

I agree 100%. go to www.rareiron.com and see exactly the same thing written about Ebay.
    I will never use Ebay or PayPal again. Good Luck