Having problems with Dreams?

Dreams Customer Service Contacts

+44 344 292 0000 (Customer Service)
Knaves Beech Ind Estate Loudwater
High Wycombe, England, Buckinghamshire
United Kingdom - HP10 9QY

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dreams Customer Service. Initial Dreams complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dreams above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dreams. Discuss the issues you have had with Dreams and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Dreams — order that was purchased

I purchased a luciaa brown bed from dreams on thee 4the march, thee bed was IN STOCK when I ordered and paid...

Southampton

Dreamsfailure to deliver on time

We ordered a tempur mattress at the end of December, I received a text message informing me that the mattress would arrive in mid January, this proved to be incorrect, the store told me that the texts were not applicable to northern Scotland. Proceeded to arrange a delivery date of the 22nd Feb. I spent the entire day at home waiting for it to arrive. At 4pm I gave in and visited the store only to be told that it was in Inverness approximately 45 miles from where we live and would be delivered by Wednesday or Thursday. I am deeply dissatisfied wi the service and think if someone is spending £1500 on a product the company would bend over backwards to deliver it in a timely manner

• Ni
      Nicholas Pincott Jul 05, 2015

We have been waiting nearly 4 months for our bed to be delivered. My husband is undergoing chemotherapy at the moment and is having to sleep on the floor. Deeply unhappy with this appalling service.

Dreams — mattress

Dreams, Thank u for your phone call, your shop did not tell me I had to wait 30 days for an exchange, I wa...

Dreams — worst buying experience ever!

Our in-store experience at Dreams was fine, my husband and I were greeted by friendly and helpful staff, we...

Dreamsfaulty head board

We purchased a dream s leather sleigh bed after a few months the headboard started to crack they sent out there inspector who said it had been cut my sister purchased a memory foam bed she also had a fault again they sent out there inspector who said it was my sisters fault as she had sat on the bed I just want every one to beware of dreams beds as they send out there own inspector who reports back to dreams in dreams favour I for one and also my sister and others that have had the same response will not be using dreams again neither now or in the future n

Dreamsdelivery

i ordered a bed and paid for it expected it to be come on 11the September, i got rid of my daughter bed and theen got a call stating my bed can not come till thee 24the September, theey don't care theat my daughter has healthe problems and don't care she has no bed for 2 weeks theey offer no solution for theis and cant even give me my money back so i can get a new bed for my daughter somewhere Else dreams is a scam theey not got good customer service skills and cant address problems.

Dreams — ruined our credit rating

We are getting no where with this Company. We purchased a bed from these clowns, we were offered finance and...

Cambridge

Aspen Superking, Walnut Bed Framemissed delivery and poor service

My Wife and I originally purchased a "made to order" 6ft bed frame in the Dreams Plc store in Longwater, Norwich on the 01-08-12 for £879. Several days later (there was a problem with the system at time of purchase that would not allow booking of a delivery) we were given a delivery date of 17-08-12. I have now discovered the frame is now for sale at £479? I called the dreams customer service number after approx. an hour of being on hold. I was told that there is nothing they can or will do about it and price changes are covered in the contract I have signed (I have not signed a contract) Further they will not be able to deliver the product on the original delivery date due to warehouse stock issues (although the bed was sold by the salesman as a made to order product) and also they can not give a new date at this time. I have been instructed that if I "want a new date" I will have to contact them again in a weeks time to be given a new delivery date! When making enquiries at the store today, the store manager shouted at my pregnant wife he did not have time to deal with her complaint as they are busy with a sale on! and he will "call, when he is free and good and ready"

Dreamsottoman bed

Dreams Beds are nightmare, Failed deliveries, poor standard of service, Ottoman storage bed. AVOID THIS SHOP.
          Placed order for an ottoman storage bed 4 months ago, been given four delivery dates, each delivery date has been cancelled due to the bed not arrived at the warehouse. Dreams are an absolute nightmare, they have no idea what is going on, they cannot give any answers. The delivery people call you on the day of delivery to say that the delivery has been cancelled. This is so frustrating as I take time of work to be at home to accept the delivery. I have now cancelled the order with Dreams.co.uk and ordered via another supplier. Dreams.co.uk provide 100% substandard service, this shop is not recommended.

DreamsPete Jul 30, 2012

Is it possible to have your order number so I can look into this please?

• Ge
              George1967 Sep 03, 2012

I too ordered this bed of Dreams and was not even given the courtesy of a phone call to tell me the bed would not be delivered on the 30/08/2012. When I rang to complain they told me the bed was out of stock. Judging by your problems then this bed has not been in stock for months, yet they are still selling it. I cancelled my order the next day and I am still waiting to hear about my refund.

DreamsPete Sep 04, 2012

Hi George, I am sorry to hear this, can I please have your order number so I can look into it for you?

Dreamsfailure to deliver

We bought an expensive mattress from Dreams on 23rd June 2012, with the "dream" of alleviating a bad back. We paid in full (what twits we were) as they were in stock and we could get delivered in one week. The allotted time came... and went. So we called them (not them us!). Been a problem with delivery. It will be rescheduled. The new delivery time came...and went. We called again. Mattress was damaged. On demanding to know why we were not told they apologised and explained that it would be escalated to the "Recovery Task force". With alarm bells now going off at the mere thought that they should have a recovery task force, I asked when the order might be fulfilled. They will be in touch was the response and also that we should be entitled to some form of refund or compensation (when pressed). After them still failing to get in touch the record now stands that the "customer service team have hung up on me twice" as I am being unreasonable in asking where my goods or my moneis are and that is not on my part "helpful" to ask for a refund and further that not only can they not give one but cannot give me the number of someone who will or any contacts, but will send an internal email!! So they have our money for a month, have failed to deliver anything and refuse to give a refund - where now?

• Mr
                mrs susan stevens Jun 03, 2016

dreams should be called nightmares i orded a bed on the 29th december 2011 got a delivery date for the 23 january it was cancelled 2 days before got another date for the 3rd february they never turned up i phoned them up to ask why and they said it had already been delivered i said i dont think so they looked into it and then gave me another date for the 1st march i had no contact from them so on the 28th february i was on the phone all afternoon to be told my bed wasnt coming on the 1st march

DreamsPete Jun 03, 2016

Hi there, I am sorry for the issues you are having. Would it be possible to supply me with your order number please?

Dreamshahahahaha

Absolutely truly horrendous, awful, woeful, shocking attitude and service.There is no service, passed from store to customer service on a regular basis, i did better sorting it myself so i think i deserve a salary for the work i did, off them.Parts were missing, petrol money refunded...nooooo...after sales follow up...noooooo...reliable...noooooo...caring nooooooooo...want my money back and all of it...work in progress...i did laugh when i had a call from the store with a delivery date and a call from the couriers with a delivery date and guess what, yep they didn't match...having a laugh aren't ya ?????

Dreamsbreach of contract/failure to refund

Nightmare Experience. Please read this before you buy!!!

Having ordered a bed, in store, in March 2012, my partner and I paid a £500 (on credit card) and opted to pay the balance of £1100 within one year according to Dreams' interest free finance plan.Whilst in the store we noticed the telephone continually rang and, despite there being two members of staff free, went unanswered (warning bells!).
                On the receipt/order form we received there is a little box which states "NO NEED TO CHASE, we will call you immediately your goods arrive, usually within 28 days". Needless to say, 28 days turned into 60 days by which time I was chasing, and receiving some of the most tired and lame excuses it is possible to imagine (this is in line with the countless other customer complaints I've since read online).
                Eventually, a date was arranged for delivery and I took a day off work only for no-one to turn up, no phone calls, nothing. I must add that Dreams' "customer services line" is rarely answered, and when it is the person at the other end of the line is usually as in the dark as the caller! Anyway, after spending the best part of the following day trying to speak with someone about this, a call came through from the branch that afternoon (the branch store, by the way, always maintains they cannot contact either Finance, Delivery or Customer Services) which came as somewhat of a surprise; our bed would be delivered the following day!
                As my partner and I were both away working, we left our teenage son in charge of signing the paperwork AFTER the bed had been installed - which we paid for. So you can imagine our surprise when he called my partner and told her that not only had they not assembled the bed as per contract, but he had also been "bullied" into signing the paperwork acknowledging receipt prior to the workmen unloading the van! A note was left asking us to ring "Customer Services" to arrange another date for assembly. The bed parts and mattress were dumped in our bedroom where they stayed whilst we cancelled the contract and waited another 3 weeks for them to come and collect everything. And the £500 deposit we paid? Dreams informed us our credit card would be refunded within "5-10 working days". 16 working days later we are still waiting, despite sending email reminders, calls to answering machines etc etc.
                In my 50+ years on this planet I have never encountered such a bunch of total charlatans masquerading as a company. Quite frankly the sooner they are drummed out of business the better for all concerned. I am not alone in my thinking - just type in Dreams Beds + problems to get a taste of others' misery at the hands of this outfit!

DreamsPete Jul 03, 2012

I am sorry to hear of the problems you have had. Could I please have your order number so I can look into this?

• Ve
                    Very unhappy customer2000 Apr 14, 2015

I used their Comfort guarantee but after requesting the return of the bed which was over £1700 there were no comparable rice beds so was forced to pay out more money for a different brand. This is a con by Dreams. This guarantee is only worthwhile on cheaper beds. Charalatans would not recommend to friends and family.

Dreams — non receipt of bed and refusal of refund

I ordered a bed for my 5 year old daughter on 19 February 2017 with a 28 day delivery. On 26 March delivery...

Dreams — poor quality mattress and rude manager

I took delivery of this mattress in February and was initially very happy with the mattress. However, very...

Dreamspoor service

After placing the order, all went as was expected... I received a call to organise a delivery date and 2 days prior I get another call with a time slot... And then it all goes down hill!!!
                  To cut a very long story short : 1st delivery date... No beds arrived!!!
                  2nd delivery date... No beds arrived!!!
                  In between times it takes ages for customer service / head office gets back to you with no solutions / answers!!!
                  Their systems don't work!!!
                  No one has internal extensions so you can never speak to the same person and when the complaint got dealt with by a manager and I was chasing them no one knew who she was as the customer service number must get transferred across lots of offices!!!
                  From the original delivery on a wednesday to the following monday I still didn't know what was happening and when the beds were arriving resulting in me cancelling!!!
                  If you think this is unacceptable service (And trust me the detail above no where near covers the number of call I have had to make and the stress of it all) then please please please make sure you never order a bed from this company... I certainly won't be doing!!!

DreamsPete Apr 30, 2012

Hi there, I am sorry for this. Do you have an order number so that I can look into this please?

DreamsPete Apr 30, 2012

Hi there, I am sorry for the issues you have had with this order. Please can you supply me with your order number so that I can look into this for you? Thanks

MarjeMarsh Oct 30, 2012

Ordered a bed through Dreams and initially was not having the best experience, however I emailed [email protected], which is the email address for the head of Dreams customer services and my issue got resolved VERY quickly, and I now feel like I would use Dreams again. If any of you are having problems I suggest you use this email address.

Dreamswrong bed/ service

Order number 244B741 Placed 15th Jan 2012 to be delivered mid Feb: got a call two days later trying to deliver it so booked it for the 15th Feb. No bed arrived rang up and got told do not have stock any more and no more until March 6th I rang store who tell me they have rang and got a delivery for the 23rd feb. guess what NO bed arrives so second day off work. I ring again and they say bed not in stock so best is 13th March again I ring store and customer services who say we can get one for Saturday 3rd March but i must pay the balance now. I did that and guess what NO bed arrives I ring customer services again and they say no stock is in delivery will be 13th March. Guess what bed arrives but it is in BLACK not Ivory as ordered!!! I ring customer services and get told they cannot collect and bring correct deb until 19th March I now get a call on the 17th saying cannot change it until 31st March as no stock. Are you all trained to lie!!! or just do not know what is going on. I am going to watchdog, trading standards if this is not sorted straight away as we have been messed around long enough.

Dreams — failure to deliver paid for goods

I've been left extremely dissapointed in my recent dealings with the company Dreams. I have been in...

Dreams — not giving refund

after the district manager Phil Marshall telling me he has authorised a full refund because in his words the...

Sheffield

Dreamsworst company ever!!!

Bought a bed from this company on 31/08/2011. Originally was buying a bed from Argos, but instead went with dreams as they said that they had the bed in stock and I could either pick up from store or they could have it delivered to me within 5 working days (argos was 7).
                      Was stuck for a bed for my eldest (8) so thought 5 days was fantastic and paid an additional £150 to get from Dreams and then £40 delivery charge (Argos was only £8.74). Agreed delivery date in store of 07/09/2011.
                      Only 05/09/2011, received a text from Dreams informing me of the delivery on 07/09/2011 which was great and took the day off work (don't have many leave days, but delivery was guaranteed!).
                      Call this morning (06/09/2011) to inform me that the supplier forgot to put it onto the truck so not in the warehouse. Advised them that I had taken the day off and they told me nothing they could do about it. Advised that I had paid £40 to have it delivered and they told me they could refund the delivery charge, but I had to call customer services [protected]). Asked why they couldn't get supplier to deliver it especially due to amount I paid and they told me they don't do that. I would have to wait 4 days.
                      Called the customer service line and after 25 mins on hold (who knows how much this cost me) finally got through to someone. Told them the problem and they looked up the order. Asked why they couldn't get it delivered especially and advised they only do 1 delivery a day from the supplier and wouldn't do anymore. Asked why the supplier couldn't deliver to me direct for the money I paid and again told they don't do that!
                      Told me they would refund me the delivery charge only (a meer £39.00) and that I was lucky to be getting that back as legally they only had to give me £5.oo and had the check to ask me would I prefer that (£5). Asked them about loss of earnings or any kind of compensation and they adivsed they don't do that and again I was lucky to be getting the delivery fee! Told me they only had to give me back a portion of the order fee - ignored the fact that i pointed out the order was the bed and the deliver charge was a seperate fee I paid.
                      They then told me that they care deeply about customer relations and I advised they obviously don't as I lost money and they lost nothing. Customer services then told me that they also lost money (aside from deliver charge) for not having my bed on the truck - couldn't tell me how though!!!
                      Agreed to the delivery fee refund, but that I wanted to speak to a manager - person told me that I couldn't as he was a supervisor and I shouldn't undermine his authority.
                      I know it doesn't sound like much on the phone, but this guy was been really argumentive (felt like he was looking for an argument) and kept cutting me off.
                      Dreading the bed arriving on Saturday as this company as a track record (I've now found) of delivering faulty beds and can't bare the thought of calling their customer service line again.
                      Have emailed the company with a complaint (due to txt limit could only put brief outline), but apparantly they ignore emails.
                      Wish now I'd gone with Argos as never had a problem with them. Avoid Dreams at all costs as they make promises they can't keep and then give you poor customer service!!!

• Ph
                          PHWokingham Oct 04, 2011

I agree 100% with what Mike has had to say! Ordered a mattress and bed frame from them on the 19th September, got a call from customer services telling me both frame and mattress were ready for delivery! Only mattress turned up (despite me double checking twice that Frame was on order). Customer Services blamed the warehouse and told me frame would be delivered this week, now I've found out it won't be until late October! So have been lied too twice by customer services. I emailed a compliant on 28/9haven't had a response, so emailed CEO today! bet he won't reply but got off my chest what I thought of his company! £940 they have had off me, never again!!! Avoid at all cost!

Dr Joseph ERH Mar 06, 2012

I also agree to what has been said previously. This company is seriously a joke and lacks of sincerity and integrity/ corporate governance. Besides from the very poor customer service line (which is the only means for me to contact them), nothing can be done, even though I had to take a day off and had been waiting for 10 days and disassembled my previous bed in the eve. Notice that they did not even call me to inform me of the cancellation of the delivery. I hope someone reads this message in time before they consider ordering from them. Never buy from them.

Dr Joseph ERH Mar 06, 2012

not to mention that it took me a 5 minutes wait before hearing from them after the first attempt

Dreamscustomer service

Sunday morning went to the Dreams store at the local retail park to seek advice about types of bed and mattress for our new home, for which we have recently placed an offer. As such we did not plan to place an order for furniture yet, since the moving in date is still not known. When we entered the Dreams stores, we were greeted by a very talkative saleswoman, whose intention was not to help us, but rather to get our signature on the sales agreement. In fact she barely gave us a chance to say a word! Eventually, and after politely asking this lady to slow down a bit so that we can do some thinking, we saw a bed we liked and a mattress we found to be comfortable. We said we will be back when we have a moving in date, but she would not let us out of the store without extracting our signature on a contract. We were reluctant and stood our ground, but she became rather agitated and ascertained us that the items are in stock and will have our names on them once we place the order and we could have it delivered any time, and if we changed our mind, all we needed to do is to cancel the order at any time. She said it's the last day of sale (a lie because the prices are still discounted today) and we only pay in six months time, interest free etc etc. We were promised that since we are new home buyers we could cancel the contract at any time (no time limit!) even though the small print emphasised that rder could be cancelled only within 24h. Do not worry, we were told, trust me, just come into stores and we can cancel, change your order etc without incurring any extra charge. We thought there's nothing to lose, if we change our mind we simply cancel the order. Don't bother about the small print said the sales lady and store manager - those terms and conditions do not apply in your case, the manager came and put his initials on the contract to show that this is the case. We went home and thought that this was a very bizarre experience, and the store saleswoman and manager behaved rather unprofessionally (why don't you buy this too? because we already have a wardrobe we answered... well buy it and sell it on ebay!!!). Why did they not give us a copy of the T&C applying to "our case" ie cancelling whenever we wanted if we chose to? We realised that this was a scam and the safest thing to do was to cancel ASAP. We went back to the store the following day (well within the 24 h time frame) to cancel the order. The mood of the salespersons soon changed when she realised our intentions: we cannot cancel the order in store (so they had lied the day before!) you have to call customer service. Monday - customer service not working because it's a bank holiday. Tuesday morning - called at 9.00am to cancel the order, was kept waiting for 20 mins on a premium rate phone line. No one answers. Called again, kept waiting indefinitely. Same for about 2 hours - they somehow recognize the number I'm calling from and realize I'm calling to cancel the order (my right, and well within the 24 hour timeline). Then called from skype so that they cannot decipher the phone number, someone answers the call immediately (they don;t take your call if they know you're calling to cancel, and keep you waiting at a premium cost until you give up) . They say they'll call back to see what can be done - what can be done about what - you just feel so helpless you cannot do anything about it because no one in stores will help and customer service is so appalling! I simply need to cancel an order! Finally they promise that they set off the cancellation process (which takes up to 48 hrs) So we still do not know whether they'll cancel it (these people cannot be trusted).
                        Please please do yourself a favour, even if tempted, do not go into these stores. Dealing with customer service is a nightmare (this was a simple order cancellation - most companies allow this online!- imagine if this was something more complicated e.g. making a claim under warranty) and very expensive (several calls wasted to get to speak to someone, on an 0844 number). They get your money and then they don't care at all. The staff in stores was extremely unprofessional and unhelpful. I would advice even my worst enemy to not even consider using this company.