Domino's Pizzafood poisoning

M Review updated:

My name is Miss.Lucienne.Davies, my partner and i love pizza and we can only treat ourselves once a month(we have 5 children) we usually have Pizza Hut but we decided to have a change and give Dominos a try.I phoned and ordered, and the pizza's were delivered very quickly. the food tasted fine-we had no complaints. We had 1x texas bbq (containing chicken..)with sweetcorn instead of onions, 1x chicken feast and 1 x garlic bread. we were both woken with terrible stomach cramps-myself at 4.20 AM and my partner just after 5 AM. The time as i am writing this is 14.00 and we are both still suffering. We have had severe diarrea, stomach cramps and pains, we both have pounding heads and my partner was vomiting this morning. The only other thing we ate yesterday was a cheese sandwich for myself and ham sandwich for my partner-these would not give us both this awful illness. The other extremely annoying thing is that we have 5 young children, the oldest 2 walked to school with a neighbour but the other 3 children(whose school is further) had to miss going to school as neither of us were ABLE to leave the house to take them in.Because of this, the children will get a black mark for their attendance, which reflects very badly on us. I have spoken to an employee called Adam at the Hoddesdon branch which we used at 11.00 am, after trying to get through since 9.am. He gave the name and number of the area manager whom i have called and left messages for several times today. He has not yet called me back. We both feel this is absoloutly outrageous how they can poison people like this and get away with it. We still have some of each pizza left, so would like to know if it should be sent off for analyzing?? We do not want to be refunded with vouchers for the store as we will never eat with Dominos again-however we would like to be refunded in full and some kind of recognition/compensation for our illnesses-myself not being able to visit my family today, my partner for having to miss giving piano lessons, and our children fo having to miss school.

• Am
    AMIN HIRJI Feb 09, 2009

I ordered a pizza from dominos in weybridge surry and they left hot tray which they make pizza on with the pizza in box when i took a slice it was hot and burn my finger i complain to manager and he said its not a big thing how can u say that when somebody burn his finger i also have taken some picture.

• Fo
    Foxfire01 Jun 07, 2009

We were doing volunteer charity work through our employment last week. Our tired, sweaty, hungry group ordered pizza from Dominos at around 11:15 am. The food didn't arrive until about 1:30 pm.

• Ki
    Kimt4424 Jul 12, 2009

We have just recieved a delivery from Dominos pizza which was ordered online as a meateor tomato base, my husband hates barbecue base but he got that so contacted the store (BATHGATE) who then called him a liar and said he did order the barbecue base this was the manager that said this!!! he then agreed to make a fresh pizza and hung up on my partner in my experience this is very very bad customer service and we r very angry. We then phoned back and asked for them to come and get the pizza and we wanted our money back!!! he refused which is shocking he said the pizza was in the oven... and would not allow us to have our money back. We are very angry at this and will never get a pizza from domnios again and we want our money back from this pizza. Would appreciate it if i could have some feed back on this and the Manager of the store maybe shud get some extra training in customer service!! Thank you

• Fu
    fuzzy_dunlop Jul 31, 2009

ive had similar experiences with Dominos in ther dundalk ireland branch. I ordered a Garlic bread, and a medium hawaiian pizza and have had stomach pains and been on toilet with diarrhoea for about 40 mins. This isnt the first time this happpened in fact 2 weeks ago i ordered the same pizza and the exact same problems i.e stomach cramps and diarrhoea.

Another time my parents ate some of the garlic bread and well had stomach pains later in the night. Im done with Dominos once is bad enough but this is like 3rd or 4th time that been ill after there food. There food tastes great but getting up at 4am to go to the toilet because of there crap food is disgraceful. Now when i order food from Dominos my parents will not eat there food due to pains it gave them before.

• Ji
    jimmyt1988 Dec 09, 2009

For 7 months I have not had a stomach ache.. 7 months I have avoided dominos.

My friend was back from University on trip to see his family and we decided we couldn't be bothered to cook. So we ordered a dominos pizza.

Delicious as it was, The next morning I had diarrhoea. After getting off the toilet, sure enough, I was back on within 15 minutes.

What the hell is with this food! I'm hearing more and more complaints about dominos these days.

mama hoodie Jan 19, 2010

Totally agree with the diaherrea and cramping. I am pregnant and was really tired last night so we ordered a pizza from Domino's. I woke up with horrible cramping in my stomach and had to run to the bathroom. When I came back upstairs it smelt horrible...my husband had horrible gas.

A couple weeks prior to this event, we though we had come down with a stomach virus. We were at a friend's house and ate Dominos that they ordered for dinner. A couple hours later my daughter got diaherrea. The next day my husband and I had horrible gas and stomach pains. He also had diaherrea and we thought it was just from a bug that was going around. Now I totally disagree and think it is mainly due to Dominos. From now on we are ordering from a local pizzeria or Pizza Hut and Dominos can forget our business.

• Edwin Guerrero Urrutia Jan 19, 2010

based on my personal experiences garlic IS what may have cause these problems since when I eat dominos I usually get these ugly cramps and noises in my stomach then I get a severe diarrea which leaves my body really damaged...and weak...I even have to use vaseline to relief the pain...

• Vi
    Vicgatorfan Jan 21, 2010

Rude people answer phone. Orders are not what the consumer orders.
    Forget their ads on TV, they do not live up.

• Sk
    sketchjet Jan 24, 2010

LOL, did they ask for the pizza tray back? Or did you keep it

• M8
    m87tosa55 Feb 28, 2010

i ordered a dominos pizza on friday evening, was lovely, until i woke up wih terrible stomach camps around 4am and had to rush to the toilet, its been 24 hours and i still am needing the tolilet and in agony in my stomach !I had a chicken, ham & onion pizza, when we collected it from the armed forces gate post where we live they said sorry it was late, they ran out of bags to keep it warm, no wonder why im ill they probably reheated it. the only other thing i had to eat that day was pasta. never ordering with them again! terrible! after reading the reviews aswell.

• Po
    poplar38 Mar 24, 2010

i ordered pizza and had a dollar in change, the driver said he was not taking the money, because i had change, HE then took the pizza from me. and im like 5 minutes from dominos and my pizza is always cold.the man that took my pizza from me was so rude.

• Th
    thebigmg Mar 29, 2010

Oh my goodness, I thought it was just me. It happened once or twice before and I put myself through it again thinking it must have just been a virus. The trusty BBQ pizza... Felt rough after the 2nd day of eating it and now off work with painful stomach cramps, dizzyness and many toilet visits.

I have been searching for all sorts of things it could be then decided to search dominos and food poisoning. Bingo.

I won't be using dominos ever again.

• Tm
    T.M. Jun 25, 2010

my children wanted pizza for lunch so i ordered from dominos at 11:15 am an hour and a half later the food still hadnt arrived so i called and cancelled it 20 minutes later the the driver shows up and calls said hes here i told him i told him i cancelled it he said i could still have it. their excuse is we got busy the place opens up at 11:00 am i have never felt this angry about anything in my life i told them that they lost my bussiness i will never ever order from them again.

• Do
    Don w marshall Jul 02, 2010

THE PIZZA ARRIVED COLD THEN THE DRIVER GAVE ME MY $20 IN LOOSE CHANGE(5CENT, 10CENT, 20CENT, 50CENT) I WAS MAS AS HELL! I TOLD THE STORE THAT I NEEDED CHANGE FROM A $50 NOTE WHEN I ORDED THE PIZZA, THIS STORE HAS NOW LOST ME AS A CUSTOMER.

• Su
    sunilberi22 Aug 20, 2010

We had ordered for Dominos Pizza's for dinner today i.e. 20th August 2010, to our surprise we had found a hair in the Pizza which surely was of some women as the length of the hair was long enough to capture the entire pizza base and was wrapped all over the pizza. I am attaching the photo proof of the pizza and the bill for the order.

• Th
    theholliester Sep 01, 2010

did you really pay 600 for pizza?

• Be
    Beth A Christiansen Sep 13, 2010

About 10 years ago when my daughter was 8 she attended a "Read-a-thon" at UW-Whitewater with several classmates. They ate Domino's Pizza for dinner. By the next morning several of the students were vomiting and very sick. There was not any gastroenteritis of any sort that children from the schools in the area were experiencing at the time. My daughter continued to vomit for several days and her stomach was not the same for about a year!
    I also talked to two adults who at different times and in different areas had confirmed food poisoning after eating Domino's Pizza. Our family has avoided it ever since.

• Te
    Tee Bone Sep 13, 2010

And so now 10 years later you're complaining about it? What, you just found this Complaint site and just had to find something to complain about and reached 10 years back in your memory for this tidbit? Thanks for letting us know this one.. I'll make sure never to order Domino's.

• Be
    Beth A Christiansen Sep 13, 2010

This complaint board did not exist 10 yrs. ago. Obviously it left a lasting impression in our minds. No one I know has ever complained of food poisoning from any other fast food restaurant and I have not ever gotten it in my long 40 some years of life.

angryatyou Oct 07, 2010

I too got food poisoning from a meat lovers pizza in 2006

i started a new job that required a training period of one week, during which i stayed in a hotel room

I figured i would order 2 pizzas and just live off them for the next couple of days

so my first day, i ate nothing but that meat pizza and felt kind of groggy.

i woke up in the middle of that night and projectile vomitted like the exorcist all over the place.

the remainder of that night i was haunched over the toilet, needless to say, they sent me home, on a grayhound bus (without pay) for being unable to train.

I was sick for at least a week, defacating nothing but yellow water

and I owe THEM money for a bounced check

If anyone is enacting a class action, email me

[email protected]

Angusam Oct 09, 2010

I had dominos Pizza on Thursday night, we ordered a large margaherta and a vegetarian and a garlic bread. I awoke at 03:30 with terrible
    pain just under my front breastbone and it was worse when I lied down.

I had to pace the hall for hours and couldn't sleep and felt sick and was throwing up. The next day I went to my Dr's who ordered an ECG but this was fine as it felt like indigestion and I felt so full, didn't eat anything all the next day and was in bed asleep all day after finally taking some anti acid tablets the stomach pain started to ease.

It turned out that this was food poisoning and I will never eat another dominos pizza for as long as I live.

• Ho
    Hollyy Nov 03, 2010

As we all have expierenced not all take away stores are 100% clean, which I think should always be that way but as we all know It is NOT! but what I suggest you should do is perhaps go to the store when you are feeling well agian and just talk them through it. I know you must feel very angry and annoyed but trying new things is a great way to expierence your likes and dislikes. I hope you feel better soon and dominos is a great pizza place as I probly seem biest as I work there but it is tasty. I think you should peraps maybe try more pizze shops around. good luck !

salonec Nov 17, 2010

These are the MOST pitiful sandwiches ever and we paid $6 EACH for them! There are 6 bits of meat on them! 6 pitiful slices of jalapeno! And some sauce that we had to go BACK for cause they left it off! I am ANGRY and HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED. It was all bread!

• Ef
    Efdominos Nov 28, 2010

Me and my family ate dominos last night and I am typing this right after I just puked up liquid and had diahreah(whatever we all poo).
    My sister has been non stop
    Puking n same with my mother. I'm supposed to
    Be reading an effing book for school but no cuz of the stupid [censor] people making pizza I'm hunched over the damn toilet. Go to hell dominos

shauntell kenion Nov 28, 2010

We had ordered DOMINOS PIZZA last night, and everyone had gotten sick. We spent all night with upset stomachs vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. 2 Adults, 3 children all seen at the ER because of food poison.We will never eat at Dominos again!

ManishGoenka Feb 02, 2011

I had placed an order for Veggie supreme pizza at Dominos Havant, but when the pizza arrived and I was half way through the pizza I found a piece of chicken in the pizza. I am a religious man and do not eat meat. This has made me upset. Is there anything that can be done? I have photographs of the pizza.

• Je
    JESSICA2472 Feb 02, 2011

you should submit your complain to the vp of dominos- Domino's Pizza LLC 30 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive Ann Arbor MI 48106-0997 (734) 930-3030

• Je
    JESSICA2472 Feb 02, 2011

maybe you can reach them and send the pics like they do in the commercials

• Dr
    dr.swapnalipi mishra Feb 09, 2011

we called up dominos pizza marathalli outer ring road bangaluru india to order pizza but the person receiving our order was not responsive impolite and hung up on us twice the person receiving our order was not willing to provide us the service which dominos pizza claims to provide its customers. we as customers are very disappointed with this behavior from such a reputed brand . we hope that the concerned authority will do the need full

• Al
    Allan22 Feb 09, 2011

Little joke here - was the person who answered the phone at the Domino's in India American? (lol)

If you call a technical support center from India, do you get connected to someone in the United States?

(drum roll)

• Mc
    mccarty75236 Feb 09, 2011

My wife bought three pizzas super-bowl week that my three kids wouldn't even eat because they had no taste at all. You know ### sucks when kids won't even eat it after tasting it.

• Db
    db6 Feb 24, 2011

if you got sick the same night you at the food, it's not from the Domino's. it takes 24 hours for signs of food poisoning, look it up

• -_- Mar 18, 2011

I just got a pizza with more hair on it than is on a wookie -_- never ordering from there again

Jose Almonte Mar 26, 2011

I need my chicken kicker back I dont like that nasty sause for kicker thats the only reason I call dominos fro the reals kickers I nerver order from dominos untill I get my kicker back

Jose Almonte Mar 26, 2011

I need my chicken kicker back I dont like that nasty sause for kicker thats the only reason I call dominos for the reals kickers I nerver order from dominos untill I get my kicker back that s sause is NASTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY is not real sause taste like vinegar

• Cb
    cbmom Apr 11, 2011

I ordered from the local store, and before I even placed my order I asked if they had change for an $100 bill, the guy asked the store manage and he said it was ok, well the driver called and yelled at me that she could not break the $100 that I could go to the store to get change it was a risk. I understand that it is a risk, but I asked first. The driver yelled at me and then told me I would have to wait til she could go get change. The point of delivery is that you dont have to leave the house!! I cancelled my order and will never order from the Carolina Beach location or any Dominoes for that matter! It was very DISRESPECTFUL for her to speak to me or any customer like that!!

Jasminesweets21 Jul 11, 2011

I ate dominos lastnite I ordered hot wings and garlic bread I woke up this morning with a bad headache really nausea with stomach cramps I even vomit a few times no diarrea yet it's now 5pm and Im still not feeling to well

• Ka
    karnika mittal Jul 14, 2011

it was redicules service provided by dominos pizza and the behavieor of was acward. no one has maner to talk with customer i will never come model town dominos and the order taker mr dilip kher he does not hv a skill to camunicate with the customer and how to talk he was vry rude and very agreceive when iwa plaching the order

• Do
    dominoscustomercare Jul 22, 2011

Dear Customer,

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Can you please let us know your complete order details including

Customer Name-
    Phone No-
    Dominos Store Name-
    Date of Incidence-
    Order No-(If possible)
    Bill No- (If possible)

This will help us process your complaint ASAP.

• Az
    azteka Jul 28, 2011

This store in Plant City, FL on Alexander Street when I called and asked them what deals/specials they had. The guy already sounded with an attitude and informed me that they only had $15 pizzas.

• Az
    azteka Jul 28, 2011

I can tell you that I will never order pizza from there ever again. Besides, there Pizza is not that Good as Pizza Hutt, but they have lost a customer.

• Mo
    Moises cuevas Aug 02, 2011

My family and I waited patiently a little bit over an hour only to be rewarded with two cold pies and warm soda. Money well spent I can't wait to call next time thirty years from now. Thanks domino's!

• Li
    Lisa Kardish Oct 23, 2011

Operator hung up on me 2 times!! Ordered chicken kickers received plain chicken bites!! Over charged on feta arisan pizza!!! I will not order again!!! Totally disgusted...

latriciablair Oct 31, 2011

We ordered three of the new artisan pizzas and they were horrible... The Driver had to have been riding around for a while because it took forever and the pizza was in fact cold

Lauren12 Feb 16, 2012

Yorba ranch road yorba Linda. Lady was rude when I asked for a new pizza because mine looked horriblely made! Horrible service. Didn't apologize once.

Lauren12 Feb 16, 2012

Yorba ranch road dominos in yorba Linda was horrible! The lady had horrible customer service, lady was so rude when they made my pizza horribly! And I asked for a new one. Didn't apologize once and was so rude!

maisy87 Feb 28, 2012

I ate dominoes chicken goujons with a pizza on saturday night and im still bed bound vomitting for at least 24 hours diharrea fatigue headache abdominal pain and cramping. and its fair to say im furious. i dont get paid when im off from work. i want conpensation for the loss of earnings.. who to contact!?? Who will listen as this company clearly keep making people ill and get away with it!

• Ni
    nina ward clayton Mar 06, 2012

was delivered the wrong kind of pizza and fidnt get soda was promised certificate fof free pizzas and never recieved it.

• Ap
    April Waller Jun 30, 2012

Called at 2pm for my orded and still havent got it now its 3:08 and still not here. Would like money back or free meal next order. My order is a $25 order

• Kt
    ktrusty12 Jul 25, 2012

I ordered 2 medium pizzas and they were both burnt and tasted terrible. The sauce tasted extremely weird and they bunched the toppings all in one spot. The employees were extremely rude as well. I was very unsatisfied with my order and the way I was treated.

• Bo
    bow. Mar 17, 2013

i had same all last night after eating their pizza and all day and night today . my stomach might just be starting to settle a bit now hopefully. the delivery driver took 20 Min's for a 5 min journey (10 at the most, at that time of night) then she left our bottle of coke in the car and didn't even check the order at the door. Ive never felt so bad from food in my life. I will never order from dominoes again and i advise others not to. make Ur own at least you know its safe.

jonny84 May 31, 2013

Just got food poisoning from a dominoes pizza in Maidstone, Kent, i had a veg supreme, double decadence -- a few hours later, awful pain and cramps in stomach every 20 mins for the whole night, next day i got immodium plus to relieve the symptoms, never eating dominoes again, no matter what bullsht special offer they come up with in thier bullsht priced menu.

• Me
    meg. Jun 29, 2013

I had a domino's pizza (Corby branch in Northamptonshire) for dinner on Wednesday, had awful service and the pizza was very late. I rang up and put in a complaint and they gave me a slight discount. On Thursday I got a really bad headache, dizziness and was on the toilet all night on Wednesday. Its now Saturday and if anything, it has only gotten worse. Stomach cramps have been awful and nearly had to go to hospital last night. It is defiantly Domino's and they simply cannot carry on like this. They give us a service and that service is expected to be good as we are paying a lot of money for it, not make us all ill! I think that we need to do something about this and I am very willing to put a complaint in. I am very disappointed, they have lost a customer in me and I will be advising everyone else not to go there!

• Me
    Menka Midha Aug 03, 2013

I ordered a pizza combo from KIRTI NAGAR BRANCH OF WEST DELHI and it came after an hour. When I called up dominos and asks for it. The manager was really rude in talking. On top of that he says I will put up a comment on your address that this customer doesn't pay the full amount.

Joanne Copelton Feb 22, 2014

I had Pizza last night (Friday 21st Feb) from Dominos Clay cross. I woke up at 7 in the morning and had to run to the toilet. Vomiting and diaorria last all day. I have been left with terrible cramps and in loads of pain. I have never had anything like this before. My partner reckoned the garlic sauce was off but I don't know. I won't be eating Dominos again and will be contacting the environmental health. :(

• To
    TommyKun May 12, 2014

I just had Dominos pizza for the first time the other day, woke up with horrible stomach cramps and diarrea, I did not link this to the pizza at all at first, so I had another 2 slices for dinner to next day, cause there was still some pizza left and the same thing happened... I searched the net and oddly enough now I know I am not alone! No more Dominos! I will write them a complain letter soon.

The damn thing tastes awfully great, tho!

• Le
    Lemonadesorbet May 24, 2014

Ordered pizza from Kingston upon Thames in Surrey. Given me the worst stomach pain ever. Won't order from dominoes again. Feel sick as well like I'm about to vomit. I don't think they deal with food properly.

shauncockman1991 Jul 04, 2014

I ordered dominos from hertford and was told it was going to be 45 min wait which I was fine about, 1hour and a half later still no sign of the pizza. I kept ringing and ringing with no response, Once I finally got through to them I was told it was going to be 10 mins and I was on the phone to them for 20 mins and still no sign of the pizza. Last thing is the fact they refused to give me a refund on my order because I had payed buy card. Their reason being it had gone past midnight.I think it was such poor service bad attiutude and customer service was...well there was none. Never using them again

• Ck
    Cka freedom Oct 10, 2014

I had dominoes a while ago, I was on shift at work and was extremely I'll after eating it. Excruciating cramps, hot sweats and cold flushes accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea at the same time! Just HORRIBLE, Unsure if it was the pizza?. I have had dominoes a few times since, and have been fine, however Monday this week I ordered a small meat pizza and had the same symptoms as the last time! Coincidence? That's why I Google it and found this comment board! Had to take a day off of work as I was so unwell. I will never eat from dominoes again!

• Ra
    Rachyo Nov 30, 2014

I'm going though this right now. As soon as I took the first bite i felt a little uneasy but i thought this was due to not eating all day but now I'm vomiting with diarrhea and major stomach pains. Another one of my family members had the same pizza but feels fine which i find pretty crazy.

• Ti
    tishtash113 Feb 23, 2015

Ordered Dominos last night as too tired to cook. They messed up one of the pizzas and were very apologetic sent out a new one. I woke up, 2.30 with stomach cramps feeling sick, 5 minutes later I was on the toilet throwing up, my husband came to check on me and he was in the exact same state, (not sure which end it was going to come out of). Although didn't want to leave me, because I'm pregnant. You expect better quality, especially for the cost, won't be going back.

• Ge
    GemZ May 22, 2015

I had dominos last night and it's the second time it's made me I'll! I went for meat free as I put it down to that the first time, but had bad stomach cramps all night and diorea! Awful! No more dominos for us😖

Shayla White Jan 13, 2016

Most of these comments are from 2010 but 6 years later in 2016 & I am having the same diarrhea from Dominos. Im going to go to the doctor and get remaining pizza tested I feel very sick from their food this is the 2nd time. Hopefully they figure something out because this many people being sick is not okay.

• Ve
    vegetarian pizza eater Sep 30, 2018

The way to get around bad chain pizza - is to buy from small outfits that are locally owned and operated.
    The big chain pizza is lowest common denominator ingredients.
    And from reading the complains, they dont train their managers and delivery people very well.
    Am showing this website to a friend who owns a small pizzeria, he will laugh his as off.
    I dont just buy his pizza, I shop around - but I pick small outfits that will try harder to get my business.