Dollar Tree — dollar tree won't give employees a day off for a death in the family
I worked at the Renton Highlands Dollar Tree for a year and a half. I always went the extra mile. They would give me digusting and difficult jobs like scrubbing grime off the window sills and dusting the banner that runs around the store is at least ten feet off the ground. But I never complained until a few weeks ago. One of my really good friends was involved in a horrible car accident that left him in a coma. I had mentioned this to my co-workers and managers so they knew I was going through a difficult time already. Then, two days later, my brother passed away. I called in to tell them that with everything going on I just couldn't come in. My friend was in a coma and my brother was dead. I was told by the main assistant manager that I would have to come in because she had already called everyone else in this morning for a project. She was very rude and inconsiderate about this. I went to work completely stressed out and on the verge of a panic attack all through my shift. I spent my entire lunch break in tears. But did they care? No. After all of this unappreciativness, I went in to speak with the store manager about it and put in a two weeks notice. I told him I was being disrespected. I couldn't even take one day off when my brother died. He told me "This is a job. We don't have to." So I was forced to quit. Going to that job everyday was putting me over the edge in stress when I already had enough to worry about. The Dollar Tree is a horrible corporation. I've known this for my entire employment experience and this was just the last straw. Trust me, you do not want to work there.
More Dollar Tree Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar Tree - return policy
- Dollar Tree - dollar tree survey
- Dollar Tree - dollar tree store manager attacks my 3 year old son
- Dollar Tree - laid off / fired who knows!!!
- Dollar Tree - miss management andsexual relations on the job ignored by coorprate... results
- Dollar Tree - purchasing merchandise
- Dollar Tree - we need mangers in emporia more like the lil gorl jessica robertson
- Dollar Tree - your manager ariel leatherwood
- Dollar Tree - discrimination against an employee
- Dollar Tree Stores, Inc. - home store brand bleach/customer service sales associate. shelby