Dollar Generalthe general store in havana, il

L Dec 11, 2019 Review updated:

Hello, I do not want to complain about any product, but Dollar
General in Havana, Illinois not participating in the Christmas punch card. Today I asked the cashier to punch my card for the number of dollars spent there. She said the district manager would not allow it. Dollar General wanted to be part of the Havana, Illinois community and have people spend money there, but have failed to participant in the local punch card. Other merchants such as Ace, Farm and Home, County Market, and others do show their support by punching the Havana card. I do not have to shop at Dollar General in Havana but when they do not show support for the punch card tradition, I question why do I go there? Dollar General is a real Scrooge not to support this community tradition. If you care about the community of Havana, Illinois you might reconsider supporting the punch and become a true merchant member in the commmunity as other merchants do. Sincerely Linda Oest

• Th
    TheManager Dec 11, 2019

Wtf are you even talking about?

• Zachary2001 Dec 12, 2019

@TheManager My guess is they have a punch/stamp card where for if you spend say $20 you get a $1 item for free or something like that. Sort of like restaurants where you buy ten meals and the 11th is free.

• SubSquirrel Dec 12, 2019

The store must have their reasons for not participating in the program. Did you ask them why not?

• Km
    Kmart 9459 Dec 16, 2019

Why don't you punch your own card. I don't know what this ignorant punch card thing does, but if the rules of the card is to spend dollars for punches, just be honest when making your own punches.