Dollar Generalpoor service/cart useage

M

11/12/08 around 10:50am
I shop a lot Dollar General store. The cashiers take thier time in checking you out, etc. Knowing the line is long.
One customer yelled out to the two female cashiers (Betty and the other one with short blondish hair about 5'4" or5'5") are you going to open another cashier register.
One of tghe cashier quote no I ain't going to open another register.
The same customer said she is being smart. Then she ask for the corprate phone number.One of the cashiers (quote) I ain't going to open another register.
When I got to the cashier I asked Betty if someone would help me take my bags out.
Cashier Betty (quote) I have to see if she is busy. (the blondish cashier), Betty said pull your car in front of the store(which was a fire lane).
As I was going in the store I notice two Clearwater Police parked in the parking lot also a Pepsi truck with the # F34095 driven by a female driver was already in the fire lane.
I said you need to help people with disabilities/American Disabilities Act.
The same customer said it Freedom of speach.I respond, that is the first Amendment, we have rights to (the white house).
I said I'm not going to pull in a fire lane and get a ticket, there was two police out in the parking lot. The blondish cashier (quote) you need to tell them that."not to park in the fire lane".
I ask for the corporate phone number.
As the blondish cashier help me take my items out, she (quote) we helped you.
I said all you had to do was help from the beginning, this would not had happen.
The blondish cashier said you need to go back inside, I will give you the number.
Which she went in the back and came out with the number and said I have already call them, they should be waiting on your call. She stated I will have you band from the store.
Corporate phone number she gave me was [protected]. Two other customers and I exchanged the Corporate phone number.
Because the carts have plastic pole about 10' that want let the carts go outside the store, a person like me who is disable can't take a lot of bags out to the car without a carts. this were the American Disabilities Act come in.This has happen several times before.
The manager or Corporate need to be held accountable for not abiding by the ADA, etc.

• Mo
    Morris Murray Nov 14, 2008

I shop at the Dollar General on Hwy 78 in Jasper, AL at least 2 times a week. Today, I was checking on some bathroom freshners and softly touched the spray nozzle on a couple of cans to determine which fragrance I wanted. One of the managers who was around the corner aisle told me to "stop it - don't do that in here." I asked, "How do I know which one I want if I can't test it?" I did not know there are prohibitions from testing a product.
    I did not like her attitude. And I don't particularly
    like the smell of the one I purchased - due to the
    intimidation, I just got it and left. She may have been
    having a bad day - but she could have used a little
    more 'tact' in addressing the concern.

• Li
    lilvixen69 Aug 10, 2009

I used to work in another dollar store and the problem with people spraying the cans to see which scent they like is that it causes a serious headache from all the different scents. If you spray three, and another person sprays three, and another person sprays two and so on and so forth, that's one heck of a headache. Yes, it sucks but employees have to look out for every customer.

• Lo
    loving mother Dec 22, 2009

my daughter use to work at dollor general store and was good at her job and liked it but because she was dating the bosses son and broke up she mad it hard for my daughter to stay. she made it were she can not be rehired at another Dollar General well its along story there so i wont go into that but i think its not right that people like that should be able to miss use there authority like that but in the long run when you do people wrong it will come back on them .and just think my daughter has a little girl to surport and this women is making it hard to do just that there is not much i can do about it but pray . and i do pray for that women too .it is sad that this world has come to be a dog eat dog world .and i want to add that it is 3 days before Christmas and my daughter is not going to able to buy her little girl anything this year that is really sad.so i ask for all your prayers out there..if anyone has any comments or know anything we can do you can contact me at email.[protected]@yahoo.com thank you from.a loving mother and grandmother.god bless everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

• Sj
    SJ84 Jun 29, 2011

Went to DG here in Dayton, Tx. Bought 2 shirts and a 4 pc set of kitchen seat pads, well when cashier rang the seat pads they rang up at $.01. the cashier told me I could not buy the seay pads because they rang up at a penny. I told her, well, they rang up at a penny. So I give her a penny. She said we can't do that, we can not sale them if they ring up at a penny, I even offered to pay at the 40% off, that I thought I was going to get. Well, to end this, I did not get the seat pads, but if they rang up at a penny, weren't they suppose to sale them to me for a penny????

• Sy
    sygah123 Aug 21, 2011

I'm the third key at the union Mississippi store and no they can't sell them to you at a penny. The manager of the store should've received an email or some store mail regarding this. When items are pennied out they're suppose to damage then out and take them off the shelf. Its a dumb rule but there is nothing we can do about it loss prevention uses this rule from giving employees an unfair advantage in buying things.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices