Dollar General — Destroying expired food in dumpsters
Dollar General at 1346 Mount Vernon Ave, Marion, OH is destroying their expired food by cutting open boxes and leaving them in open dumpsters. It is attracting wild animals such as raccoons, rats, etc., which is causing problems for other local businesses, especially the 2 restaurants next door. When I asked the manager not to cut open expired food in order to not attract vermin, she became very angry and yelled at me.
She said she was destroying the items so that freeloaders and homeless don't get eat it. She was extremely rude, even though I was polite. I informed her that there is a pandemic, and people must be desperate. So, she should just let them have the expired food instead of destroying it, if they are needy enough to jump in a dumpster for it. She also didn't seem to care that it was causing problems for the other businesses. If this mess keeps happening, I will file a complaint with the city Health Department.
More Dollar General Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar General - dress code
- Dollar General - store hours
- Dollar General - tired manager
- Dollar General / Clover Valley / Dolgen Corp. - downsizing product / same price
- Dollar General Reloadable Visa - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it!
- Dollar General - customer service
- Dollar General - store
- Dollar General - Covid mask compliance
- Dollar General - hiring process
- Dollar General - customer service/one employee working