Dollar General Complaints & Reviews

Have a problem? Contact customer service, submit your complaint, find closest location, or read guest reviews below.

Dollar General — dg digital coupons

The company advertisement for the week of sept 29th to oct 4th. Stated Scotts paper towel $5.00 with a 1.50...

Dollar Generalapperance of store

Everytime I go in this store it is always dishelveled and unorganized. It is never well stocked and boxes of stock are always blocking aisles and merchandise and employees are usually chatting amongst themselves. I go there out of convenience as it is close to my house but am considering driving to another one. I like the DG but this store really needs some improvement!

• Jc
      J.C.40 May 12, 2015

I happen to work at a dollar General. What is happening is that Dollar General is a horrible place to work in a since that the company does not seem to care about these issues. What happens is Dollar General only allows the full time managers to work in the day, in the day it is just them stocking. The managers are always pulled to the front to remove items off the register costumers says they now do not want, refunds, and various task. This leaves little time to stock. The cashier has no time to learn anything because they are stuck behind the counter for the whole shift. After four o'clock in the evening there is only two people running the whole store despite it needs about four people at the least to properly continuing to stock and help people. This company expects this store to run off a skeleton crew and it s not right! I worked the other night at 3:00 pm to 10:15PM. I was on the register all night but what made it worse was that it was mothers day. We had twenty people in line at one register and twenty in line at another. Now mind you one register there is an assistant manager and they need to do other work besides cashier. All night it was hell! I had to listen to people , cuss me out, decide they don't want $50 worth of items. All of these cause them manager to shut down their register to take complaint and remove items out of the register so that I could ring things up again. Having no helps creates a situation where errors are inevitable. If a cashier or manager is short on their register they get wrote up. If it happens again they are forced to put their own money in the register so that they won't get fired because the company has a two strike rule!! This kind of bad CEO management does not help the company and they do not seem to care about their customers or employees. Now if all this is not enough employees are suppose to pick up the mess people leave and let their children destroy. Mop the floors and keep the store clean. This is why the stores are filthy and disgusting. Nothing can ever be finished with always a small crew like we have. Then there is an unspoken or spoken sometimes rule that if we work off the clock we will appease management and have a better chance of moving up due to "eagerness" to work!! Insane way to run a company right??

Clover Valley Sunflower Kernels — Hit or Miss - Rancid Product

I have been buying the Clover Valley Sunflower Kernels for some time now. The problem is I have to buy...

Dollar Generalwc claim issues

I work for DG and I recently got hurt at work.My manager asked if my hand was broken and when I said no, he told me to get back to work.

I contacted Risk Management because my hand was much worse the next day. They instructed me to go to the ER within two hours. I went even though my manager tried to get me not to. The hospital tried to contact him to file WC but he told them he refused to talk to them.

Luckily, the hospital went around him and managed the get the info anyway. I called HR to file a complaint against him and it turns out he never even reported my injury like he is REQUIRED to do. I am currently looking into getting a WC attorney unless by some miracle this works out.

If it doesn't, I will be filing a legal case against DG.

Dollar General — customer services

When ur a customer and come in with a 2 month old baby in a car seat and have to ask for a buggy there is a...

Riverside

Dollar General — mistreatment by management

I am a former employee, I have left dollar general due to management harrassment, slandering my good name...

Goddard

Dollar General — cops testing me in parking lots

Blonde lady and another younger blonde female told Beaumont Police I was robbing the store location on...

Dollar General — employee theft / misuse

An employee/manager at this store also sells products in booths at a local flea market for extra income...

Clover Valley Cherry Pie Filling — Number of cherries in a can

I recently bought six cans of Clover Valley Cherry Pie Filling. While pouring the filling into the pie plate...

Dollar General Food Martrefunds

my father and my daughter went to the store on july 26, 2014 and payed for our groceries with my food stamp card that had a balance of more than 100.00 when they got to the register to pay the total was 83.90 they swiped the card and the cashier said it didnt go through and had him swipe it again and then she said there was only 29.13 on the card so he payed the remaining balance of 58.34 with cash. So i called the card and it said it had took the 83.90 off and then took the 29.13 so i went back to the store and explained to the manager and they appologized and said i was not the only one that it has happened to and they refunded me the 58.34 cash and said they put the 29.13 back on my card and it never came on ther so i went back they done it again and it still never went on my card and now they say by their records they have give it to me twice and they have never refunded it to me at all. SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT THIS THEY SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO DO THAT AND TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THEY ARE LYING!!!

Dollar General — months of no air conditioning

I go to this dollar general atleast everyday. Well most of the time, the people There are very nice an alway...

Dollar General Corporationsexual harrassment, wrongful discharge

I was employed from january 3011 - october 2013 with dollar general as an assistant manager during theat time I faced sexual harassment from both my immediate store manager and district manager. I was the first and only black male to work as a manager for store 4036. I complained to my regional manager but nothing was ever done. During this entire term of employment I had a stellar record, I had never took off a day from work, never was late, never had a write up. When it came time for the store manager to resign I was next in line for the position. I left on vacation to see my wife in illinois, I took a couple of extra days because I was trying to help her with moving with me in ms. When I returned my district manager fired me stating excess days off. We had several white employees that had chronic absenteeism with and without calling in, yet no one other than myself was ever fired for that reason.

I was replaced by a white woman manager from a neighboring town, it just so happens that she lived in the same town as our store but had been driving 30 miles to the store she worked at. It seems a clear cut move to remove me but without developing a track record of any wrong doing on my behalf.

Dollar General — disgruntled employee

I visited the Dollar General store #04895 in Willacoochie GA as I do several times a week every week. They...

Dollar Generalwork for them, hate it

I work for dg store #12169 and I absolutely hate it!!! They treat you like ### there especially the district manager and all the key holders for that store dg human resources won't do anything because there to corrupt to do the right thing they say it would be "discrimination" but, they all discriminate to me because I am from a metropolitan city and moved to a small country town out in the middle of nowhere. Everybody please complain to dollar general corporate for the stores mistreatment of employees!

• Tr
              truth is mine Jun 08, 2014

this is simple to solve, seek other employment.

• Ah
              A.H. Davis Jun 09, 2014

Yes! You are 100% Correct! My Wife works for DG. She is treated like [censored] by her Employer. And for the people saying "jus seek employment elsewhere", need to STFU! Its NOT that easy! A LOT of DG Stores are Corrupt!! Piss Poor Management in 90% of DG Stores...AND they Screw Employees on Pay Roll. EVERY Week my wife is missing an Hour or so off her Check and has to stand on her head to be Paid Back and then it takes a Week or 2 to see it Paid...

• Ah
              A.H. Davis Jun 09, 2014

Also, my Wife is a "Lead Sales Associate" for DG and has her own M.O.D.# (Manager On Duty #) but yet my Wife has a regular "Sales Associate" Working over her as M.O.D. on Closing Shifts and is forced by the Store Manager to give her own M.O.D. to the Regular "Sales associate" to use for Vendor Purposes, etc.. That is VERY Wrong Doing because if that "Sales Associate" does anything wrong (loses money etc etc) it would come back on my wife by Corporate Management.. She also works in a DG Store that Does NOT have A/C, it gets 10 - 20 degrees Hotter inside that Store than outside.
              My Wife has Videos of several "Wrong Doings"!
              There is also Personal Customer Checks that goes "Missing" and the Manager FORCES my Wife to Pay for the Check in Cash, Out of Pocket, Under the Table or is threatend to be "Wrote Up" and "Fired".. And we have Proof...

• Tr
              truth is mine Jun 09, 2014

"IF" your wife is missing hours, then SHE needs to call the states local labor board.

• Sh
              Sharonferguson Jul 31, 2014

I have never worked for Dollar General BUT I have seen how bad they are to their very good managers. They worked the one we had in Kermit, Tx. Until she left do to their demands. It was such a great store, with shelves full and every thing looked clean and neat. Now it has empty shelves, workers very rude. At night they close early they say get out! It is also looking nasty, we won't be going back until the management is gone. Never mind we always went there sense they opened. So now our shopping is done at Family Dollar and Alco..

Dollar General SurveyI win the survey but I never receive the money

I for months do the dollars general survey and recently I win the survey.. They call me and told me to wait for some papers at the mail and after I sign send them back and then im gonna receive the check for $1000 at the mail.. Since then i'm waiting and waiting 3 months pass by and nothing i'm keeping calling and they told me to wait.. After 2 months again I call and now they tell me to keep playing to win.. I was playing for more than a year for this.. I'm so disappointed right now.. My question is this is a scam really. Why treat people like that. Its not fair or maybe because i'm hispanic. Can anyone answer this please. That money it was for my mom to buy a new bed for her. I was so happy when they told me I win and now I dont know anymore.. Please someone told me..

Dollar General — manager sherol

April 12th I was in Store #03160 and there were 3 boys who wanted to purchase some items and they got out...

Dollar Generalpoor everything

First of all Its a mess, Sec there were 6 people waiting in line and the one out of 4 employees that were waiting on people talked to her friend for a good 5 mins while the other employees just stood behind the counter. As I got closer I noticed that they were not putting our stuff In reg store bags they were using the cheapest crappist GARBAGE bags. Well when I went to pick up my bag with my stuff that I just purchased my fabric softener hit the ground and splattered every where the 3 glass candles I purchased shattered on the ground and the rug powder open and landed in the softener It has to be one of the worst Dollar General I have every been to!!

• Ka
                  kate kastorff Apr 14, 2014

I do not appreciate Dollar General's draconian methods of checking ID when buying alcohol. I am a senior citizen and clearly above the age for being carded. My fiancée and I went into a dollar general to buy alcohol for a party. We showed our ID but asked the employee not to put our personal information in the computer. We are elderly and do not want our personal information out on the web, especially since Target was hacked recently. The associate refused us the sale in front of all the people in line behind us. Her reason was because I didn't want her to put my birth date into the computer. I am 60 years old and I have never in my life been refused a sale on anything. She took our alcohol and put it on the floor. She said, "I don't have to sell you anything for any reason." This was enough for me to never spend another dime in a Dollar General again. I have a business in this area and I tell everyone who comes in my shop what they did. I hope their method of harassing people who are legal to buy alcohol comes back to bite them in the ###. I hope they go bankrupt.

Dollar Generalbeligerant, ignorant, managers

March 29, my 4 year old and myself were in the store to celebrate her achievements in school, when she had to potty. I told her to hold it cause there was no public rooms. When she could hold it no longer I asked the cashier, and was told to go in the back of store. There was so much clutter we couldnt find the restroom, so I took my daughter into a filthly mop room and she pottied in the sink, it was so filthy I had to hold her up to potty. Finally a male came out of the restroom we didnt find and the manager asked us what we were doing, trying to steal cause we were not supposed to be back there. I replied, nothing we're done. She said I hope u didnt potty in the mop bucket. Then I replied, if she did then call the police, and she did. The manager who wasnt involved pulled up as we waited patiently for the police and I attempted to tell her about her ignorant ### assistant manager and she told the police that I was beligerant. I said u dont know what I was u just pulled up and you were not here... Im upset at this time by the way my daughter and I was treated and verbally assaualted by what seemed to me at the time, black while trying to potty, you have some nerve accusing us of any allegded wrong doing.
                So, now im accusing the two managers and dollar general for "conspiracy to commit fraud/sexual harrassment!" my lawyer will be with u shortly... P. S. . Fubar

Dollar Generalempty shelves box carts everywhere

Every time I go in there is Dolly's everywhere full of unopened boxes. The shelves
                  Are always empty. Unless there are unopened boxes sitting on them. The clearance isle is like a big free for all there is stuff everywhere very unorganized. If u want to look on the shelves you have to move those dolly things they have full of boxes. It is utterly ridiculous how poorly a store is being "managed " something really needs to be done ASAP. This location is great for most of us we don't have to go through all the traffic when we need something. But if the store never has anything it does us no good.

• Co
                      Concerned shopper 123 May 01, 2014

You are a rude b****. I already have stopped going there but your damn information but don't tell me what to do and what not to do. There is other people that I can go to the complaint and trust me I will.

clover valley tomato soup — food is unsanitary

My daughter was trying to fix her self some tomato soup and there was something in the soup. It wa...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices