Diversified Collection Services, Inc.misleading/false statements

While attempting to make payment arrangements on 10/16/2009 Amy Sparks informed me that my initial payment of $300 had been approved by her "managers". After securing permission from a family member to use their account for the bank draft I called Ms. Sparks back on 10/17/2009. At this time she was more than willing to set up a bank draft for $425. After an extended debate over the initial agreement she went into a bland rage and began reading from a script in front of her. After completing it she hung up on me without setting up any payment.

Her company needs to know that she is refusing payments, and mistreating customers of clients. I will be contacting the FTC, BBB, and the client KHEAA.

• Th
    THREATENED CONSUMER Sep 12, 2009

TODAY (SEPTEMBER 12, 2009) I RECEIVED A CALL FROM DIVERSIFIED COLLECTION SERVICES, INC. (TRACY HART) SHE INFORMED ME THAT SHE WAS CALLING TO COLLECT ON THE BALANCE OF MY STUDENT LOAN WHICH IS IN DEFAULT. WHEN I EXPLAINED MY FINANCIAL SITUATION, SHE INFORMED ME THAT MY INABILITY TO PAY WAS NO EXCUSE. THAT IF I DID NOT FIND THE FUNDS (WHICH INCLUDED A SUBSTANTIAL LUMP SUM AND A MONTHLY FEE), DIVERSIFIED COLLECTION SERVICES, INC. WOULD GARNISH MY UNEMPLOYMENT CHECKS. SHE WAS NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING OR NEGOTIATING AND REASONABLE PAYMENT PLAN. ULTIMATELY I WAS GIVEN 24 HOURS TO TO COME WITH THE MONEY OR I WOULD BE GARNISHED AGAIN. THIS IS AFTER HAVING MY TAX REFUND GARNISHED IN MARCH.

MA_consumer Sep 13, 2009

That threat is a line of malarkey! They cannot garnish your unemployment. Call your Attorney Generals consumer hot-line and file a complaint. You can also call student loan assistance and file a complaint with them. Whereas, very likely they are the ones that turned your loan over to this company for collection. Also if this company calls back, tell them you are recording the call. Chances are they will hang up!!!

• Me
    me1977 Jan 14, 2011

what happened after all that?

• Gh
    G. Humphrey Apr 19, 2012

Pablo Ibarra, DCS, Inc., [protected], extension: 3588, keeps calling me, at work, about some one's bill. I do not have an account with DCS and, I do not know the person they keep calling about. Pablo, has called me at my work and, has discussed the persons debt with me on several occasions. I have told Pablo Ibarra, to stop calling me and, to quit discussing the person's debt with me but, he refuses to stop calling. I am in the process of lodging a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, the CA. Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau.

• Bl
    bleedingthemapennyatatime May 19, 2012

What they are doing is illegal and you need to contact an attorney and sue them. Call [protected] and tell them what is going on. Also start recording your phone calls, because they will lie and say they did nothing wrong. Also note days, times and person that has called.

• Co
    ConfusedDawg Aug 24, 2012

[protected]; Ext. 7863. Caller: Kelly Richards. Apparently this is a student loan collection company that is famous for their underhanded and obnoxious calling habits. They just called my aunt looking for my number, even though I'm sure they have it--I just don't answer. The irony is my loans are not in default--one is in deferment and the other is set up on auto payment. So why the hell are they harassing not only me, but members of my family that I see maybe 3-4 times per year??? Bottom feeders, for sure.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices