Menu
Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA]
reviews & complaints

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA]
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

27 complaints
0 resolved 27 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA]. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
K
8:26 am EDT

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - 9 year old debt that's settled

I had an absa credit card in 2012. 2014 I was dismissed from my place of work, and had dealt directly with absa Bank, submitting documents, emails, ccma reports. This year 2022 for past 3 months I am getting calls daily from this company, I am explaining daily. It is getting out of control. I begged them to please stop the calls, but I do not have joy. Please assist me.

Y
8:11 am EDT

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - Waiting for someone to pick up the phone

I wanted to confirm the bank details or account that I am supposed to pay to make sure it's correct (since I lost the SMS ) but each time I try to phone you guys my call gets either cancelled or the phone is picked up and then when I am transferred over to someone else only to be cancelled again..how is a person supposed to sort out their things with you guys if you can't even answer calls but are very quick to send sms and calling people non stop to pay...this is very unprofessional the worse I have experienced.

A
11:20 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been contacted regarding an ADT account dated 2016. I have an email from ADT that my account has been credited and up to date dated 2017. I have been informed by a very rude woman that she does not care that I say any debt dated 2016 is prescribed because she will continue to harass me and will blacklist me. Firstly I denied any debt. Secondly and...

L
8:50 am EST

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - Agent

Called by an agent on 23 February 2022. Asked for detailed personal information regarding my MTN account (which by the way was up to date!). When I asked for more detail on who was asking and why, they simply hung up. Incredibly rude and I am so concerned about what they are doing with my information. This does not seem like a trustworthy company at all!

Desired outcome: Detail about how they got my information, what they will do with it, and a firm assurance that they are POPIA compliant.

Y
7:57 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It's been over 5 years this shapiro appearing on my credit score and it's affecting it sooo bad, I don't know what I owe them, they've never called me about anything and all my accounts are up to date. Atleast if I knew what they were on about I'd try to resolve it but now it's like they just appeared from nowhere

Q
8:35 am EST

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - Old Mutual Account

on the 11 February 2022 i received a call from Old Mutual saying that i am not paying my account. i then went to my bank Standard to check if the money was not received by SSDA. they said the money was received every month from 24 August 2019 up to 14 January 2022, with the amount of R1000 every month.

i called SSDA to check what is the problem of them not paying Old mutual, they said my account is no longer with them but the are receiving my money every month. the lady by the name Francinah Letsoalo said i have nothing to do with this account they will deal with Old Mutual. i told her but we are talking about my money that i am paying every month how can you say that? she said she cant assist me.

i then called the number that i received from my messages that says i should call Old Mutual to make arrangements for payment. Ms Favourite Mogaki was the person whom i spoked to. she said is wrong as they have nothing to do with my money. SSDA should just deposit the money back to your account and you will make direct payments to Old Mutual.

this has cause me stress and depression as it seems as if i am not willing to pay Old Mutual their money on the other hand i am paying. I am willing to send proof of payment on request

Desired outcome: SSDA to deposit all the monies that i have paid into my bank account. Capitec Bank [protected] not later that 7 days.

4:43 am EST

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - I am complaining about my Lewis account balance that keeps increasing after I paid it

Good day.

My Name is Monde. P. MKHIZE, [protected].

I am laying a complaint about my Lewis account L-[protected], on the 29/10/2021 I called SSDA and enquired the ballance I am due to pay so to make the full settlement on my Lewis account and I was informed that I only have to pay R6774. 52 and my account will be paid in full and I did just that,

on the 21/11/2021I received an email from Zanele Gladness Nxumalo informing me that I still have an outstanding ballance of R683. 44 to pay on my account, on the 4Th of November I called in a shock as according to my knowledge the account is paid in full, the Lady I spoke to said she does not know what happened but all she sees in the system is that I have an outstanding of R683. 44 I then asked her if I can make the payment month end of November and she said yes and the balance will still be the same, on the 5th of November I received another email from Zanele Nxumalo stating that my outstanding balance has now gone up to 714, 21 I responded by asking her how can my ballance increase 2 times in one month and she did not respond, today 8/11/2021 I called and asked to speak to someone to whom I can lay a complaint and They directed me to speak to Abury and he could not pick the phone I was then told that he will get back to me till now there is no response.

I feel SSDA is being unfair and making my life complicated coz all I am looking for is a fixed ballance that if I can pay and settle my account.

Desired outcome: Please do a proper follow up on my account and please confirm one amount that I have to pay and let it be that you state that should there be any changes on the balance I am not gonna be involved as I have paid what was required.

7:39 am EDT

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - MTN account

The debt collectors called me in March saying my MTN account has been handed over to them. I paid the amount owing but MTN still says I have an outstanding balance. I've been trying to contact Shapiro with no luck, their phones are always busy so I sent a text on WhatsApp on the 16th of September enquiring about my account and requesting for a paid up letter. They said they will get back to me. On the 20th I followed up again and they said they are still waiting for feedback from MTN. I again followed up on the 1st of October and they still waiting for feedback. I phoned MTN and they don't know anything about this company and to my surprise, I still owe MTN whereas I have finished paying my account with Shapiro. I am furious right now as I have been blacklisted because of this company

Desired outcome: I want a paid up letter to clear my name

3:48 pm EDT

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - Accounts department

Everytime I get poor service in all platforms I've tried with your company. I've send emails, what's app massages and called since they said they will call me back their system is slow just to make payment arrangement. You have my account yet u listed me for missing payments that I'm struggling to arrange with Ur agents everytime I get new ticket no that my emails are processed still I get nothing from your end. How can I make payments when your agents are failing to provide me with an account that I must pay too or arrange debit order when everytime I'm being promised I'll be called back. Poor service ticket no 790497

Desired outcome: Yes I need a reply

B
3:27 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - Poor service and constant phone calls at inappropriate times after an agreement of payment made

Could a person in management urgently call me regarding my account with Discovery.

My details are :

ID :[protected].
[protected]

This is very urgent...

Desired outcome: A call within 1 hour and reduction in interest and additional charges

V
6:46 am EDT

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - Debit order irregularities & refund

I made an arrangement with SSDA on their insistence to instill a monthly debit order, a change from the usual monthly EFT payments that I made. The first month went good and well and that is as far is it went. From there on, only downhill.

From the second month, they started debiting my account twice. I've contacted them numerously via phone and email. I only managed to get through once and all prior and subsequent calls were dropped, and numerously via email which had weeks of no response.

Their latest excuse was blaming the reason for not refunding me on their finance department being busy with an audit and then promised to refund me all the additional deductions that they made. It's been another couple of weeks without any response to my emails.

We are paying our debt through them because we ran into financial difficulties, now what they are doing is forcing you to approach people, sometimes unscrupulous, to make ends meet.

They don't have a complaints department or are not willing to disclose the information if they do.

Folks, never ever agree to a debit order deduction with these frauds because what I found out from my bank is that they put the debit order as a 'Debi check' which the bank can also not reverse. According to the bank, they should inform you thereof and get your consent, but they certainly did not do this with me. You can also not cancel it yourself, so your only recourse is to close your account and move other debit orders.

Credit providers, think long and hard before partnering with SSDA.

Hopefully this creates awareness for others who will not fall within the same trap as I.

Desired outcome: Refund and stop debit order

L
4:16 am EDT

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - Being listed on Experian credit bureau for a prescribed debt

Shapiro, Shaik &Darries(SSDS- CDS) listed my name on Experian credit bureau for a debt that prescribed. I lodged a complaint with the bureau in 2019 and the listing was removed after the company could not produce proof. Six months down the line the company listed me again for the same debt, figures being charged a bit. Just found out again that the company listed on the credit report as if I had paid and stop paying suddenly. I want to put it to the company again that the debt has prescribed. Kindly have my name cleared and removed from the credit bureaus

Desired outcome: To be cleared from the credit bureaus

6:05 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I took loan 2018 around August I don't remember the date the only thing I remember is that my last payment would be in the second week of January in 2019. I was working at New Era Chickens at that time after the second week of January I left the job and got enrolled at college since then there was no call from them or message that states am done paying the...

S
6:56 am EST

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - Debt collections calls

19 November 2020

I received a call from Shapiro Shaik Defiries & Asst. with regards to an amount owing to Discovery of which I acknowledge, however I was told I have 48 hours to make payment of an amount of around R4 000.
What perturbs me is that fact I mentioned this numerous times that I was retrenched in May 2020, I was unable to keep up with my payment. I applied for my UIF and been waiting since June for payment and to date I received no payment from UIF after numerous follow ups - and we know the state of UIF currently.
I would like these debt collections companies to understand a customer circumstance before giving customer deadlines with regards to payments and threatening customers with legal implication.

2 comments
Mar 06, 2021 12:15 pm EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi i received a call from shapiro shaik letting me know about the debt i have of around R580 then i paid the amount but when i check my balance the money is still there i dont get its because i paid the full amount

Apr 26, 2021 5:45 pm EDT

Is what am experiencing dear and when i contact them they no longer picking up my calls on whatsapp they dont respond on my messages am lost because idont understand why my balance its increased more than before ido the payment

B
3:14 am EDT

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] - potential fraud

hi please help i am suspecting fraud as there is money being deducted in my account and i don't know y, i dont even know this company.hi i don't know why you guys are deducting from my account and who are you please call me ref#[protected]@ssda024636a0190925.i dont know this company and what is it please call me on [protected] urgently as i am pregnant and under stress and feel harrased.

5:41 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good afternoon My name is Maria Combrinck I have had this number, [protected], since June this year!!! Rica done through Cell C!!! Please update your records that this number does not belong to the African person that owes r7348.48. Refer [protected]. Maybe it did in the past, but certainly no longer!!! Please do your homework I called last month as well...

N
3:06 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hy my name is Ntombizodwa Winnie Mayekane...last year I found out am on a Shapiro shaik defries associates I don't know how and why.Yesterday I did my credit check still Shapiro shaik defries associates still appears on my credit record and my name it's on a bad records because them...I don't remember giving you permission or access to put me under...

8:33 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been receiving the agents from ssda and everytime I tell them to stop calling me this account is prescribed and I am not gonna pay it. An agent bu the name of Serame called me and he was very rude. I raised a concern with Tshepo whom told me he is the manager in the department however he himself did nothing about the issue because even after telling him my concerns

5:46 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was called to say i have a discount of 30% in order to settle my account. I will then receive a clearance letter within 7 working days after the payment reflects on their side. I am being told a different story now, my account is still not closed and i have to wait for 40 something before this matter is finalized. Totally unacceptable. I need that clearance letter i was promised in 7 days

4:39 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I got an e-mail from Shapiro and Shaik SSDA demanding that I pay over 14 000 on a loan I didn't even take out. Apparently I took out a loan in 2011 from Bridge(probably a fake creditor). I never entered an agreement with Bridge and Shapiro and Shaik failed to prove this. This is not the first time this company demands money from me. The account they are...

Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] contacts

Phone numbers

+27 878 250 600 +27 878 250 601 More phone numbers

Website

www.ssda.co.za

Most discussed Shapiro Shaik Defries & Associates [SSDA] complaints

ssda is harring me for an account that is prescribed
(opinions to this review)