Dish-tv-dealer-ebtv 800-374-0678Cheaters and liers

I called on September 16-17, 2009 to Dish Network asking for a package that had the Tennis Channel for my wife, a tennis lover. I called around 11:30-12:00 that night, and spoke with James who introduced himself as Dish Network. James offered us a package that had the Tennis Channel and "all other channels including the Spanish channels" (we are Spanish speaking people), as James clearly said. We asked repeatedly to be sure to have those channels and James again said that that was the case; we will have all channels plus the Tennis Channel. He also said that we will have a contract of two years and the first year will cost $62.99 and the second year $10.00 more. To complete the transaction James transferred us to Ashley who took all our information. Ashley mentioned that there would be an initial charge of $49.95 that would be non-refundable but in order to recover that fee we will receive a $50.00 visa gift card. Ashley transferred us to James and James asked us to listen to a recording which we could not hear clearly, because it was interrupted several times and it began half way. We mentioned that to James, that we couldn't hear it and he said don't worry it just said about an initial fee that it would be charged upon installation and we will recover that with the gift card, then we will end paying nothing. Next day, when my wife called dish network to ask about details of channels we were going to get, we were informed that we would have the Tennis Channel only for the first year and we would have not "all channels" as James said. Furthermore, we discovered that James was not in reality dish network but he was part of another company and not dish network. Based on those lies, we tried to cancel the transaction and we were told that we will lose the initial fee. Not only that, when we looked to our credit card statement, we discovered that the company charged us the fee twice ($49.95 x 2) when they assured us (Christy) there would be only one charge. We were extremely disappointed with the way that company behaved and with their lack of honesty, since they lied with the offer, they charged the fee twice and they did not introduce themselves as a parallel company. If my wife and I knew that in advance we would never do any deal with them. Following all these events and many more in between that I'm not detailing yet, we decided to dispute those transactions with our credit card. We cannot accept that cheaters and liars always win, and we will continue fighting for our rights and the truth. Thank you.

• Updated by [email protected] Network · Dec 28, 2010

Hi this is Phillip Chang with DISH Network's Customer Service. I have read your post and I want to help. I can assure you that we are dedicated to providing accurate information on all our services and if you were misinformed we sincerely apologize. We do have procedures in place that our sales partners are aware of that prevent misinformation of any kind and we take your feed back very seriously as it will help us to provide excellent customer service for potential customers and existing customers alike.

• Ju
    justamber Oct 06, 2009

same thing happened to me.

• Ji
    Jihan Ali Aug 26, 2010

the same thing happened to me. I set an installation date being told that i could cancel anytime and the money would be put back into my accout. After canceling my installation date only one fee of 49.23 was put back into my account and not the 49.95. I have called and talked to several dish network representatives including a suppervisor and was told that the 49.95 was not taken by them and they can not give it back to me. My back statement says dishtv dealer EBTV and they cant figure out who that is. I gave my information to someone who said they are from Dish network and Dish network should be able to figure who that person is if it is not them. I am still dealing with this situation.